It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy against true spiritual potential

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
ATS should have a button for

"I read and acknowledge/appreciate your post and have nothing to add"

That would save a lot of writing space, a lot of unnecessesary chatter, and improve the overall relationship between ATS members.

So here´s to you Paul_Richard: "I read and appreciate your post and have nothing to add"

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My wine chakra is in charge atm, sometimes its good to give it a thorough workout. Hail Dionysus!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

well...as some ascribe the colour RED to the heart-chakra, wine would be beneficial to it. But so would the red light district

EDIT: With so many flags on this thread, I ought to have something better to contribute.

An easy way to start radiating more energy is to remind oneself of the hundreds of things one appreciates and loves. This can be done verbally, mentally or in writing. 15 minutes should significantly change ones energy field.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I would agree with you in general that there is a conspiracy by men against human spirituality but it is the natural result of the fanatical promotion of religion and science not the premeditated goal of individuals.

People involved in the conspiracy don't see their role in life as being a conspirator against spirituality just the opposite is the case they become convinced by advancing their scientific theory or religious dogma that they are guiding men to the truth, all the while bribed into blindness by their own self interests.

You could make the case that the elusive creature called the serpent written of in the Hebrew scriptures which tempted eve was openly conspiring against human spirituality because it goaded eve by suggesting she would be as one of the gods.

If those creatures are real and exist today it would be true that ever since reducing mankind to mere mortality they have been engaged in a covert effort to deny us spirituality.

But the thing with spirituality in general is that in order for it to be real it must be active, that is to say it requires the participation of spirit..

If a spirit or the spirit or anything spiritual in nature is an active part of your reality then it would not seem likely if men of the flesh only were engaged in a conspiracy that they could be very successful.

Yet most people never experience the spiritual in reality such as the benefit obtained from the manifesting of supernatural power in definable measurable ways.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
thanks for the nice post newday.

To the readers of this thread:

while we speak, half a dozen new threads have been opened that busy themselves with the preoccupation of

"there is a God"

and

"there is no God"

and

"100% proof of God"

and

"100% proof of no God"

and

"creation vs. evolution"

and

"evolution vs. creation"

and

"science disproves religion"

and

"religion disproves science".

This massive pre-occupation, reflective of a society that has been brainwashed to one of the two absurd positions:

"All life arose in a chain of coincidence from dead matter"

versus

"All life was created by a God we must bow down to in 7 days"

Any sane individual will quickly see that both offers are less than perfect, less than fullfilling, less than empowering.

Nevertheless, the two sides quarrel on. Maybe thats why they keep fighting each other: Because they are two imperfect sides of the same coin.

Am I offering a third side then? No, more than that: I am saying there are thousands, millions, trillions of more SIDES to see life from.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Another thread that while started with a great OP and a great conspiracy angle to spirituality it has turned into what I call my way or the highway.

Sad to say that the thread has officially been taken over by one line thinkers that had nothing to add if is not in the bible.

Then we question why the potential for true spirituality is been attacked.

Is been attacked because is a danger to fundamentalist thinking.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yeah. Fundamentalist Religion is a strange thing.

I grew up in the U.S. but I live in Europe. Over here we dont have this type of "special" christianity. People who talk like that are considered members of a cult. Those who preach this stuff on the street are imprisoned for hate-mongering.

The response to fanaticism is to become an atheist or spiritual.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What you need to do is re-define what is real in such a way as to allow for all the separate beliefs to be true.

Define reality in such a way as to allow for there both to be gods and not be gods at the same time.

When an atheist claims there is no God or gods I don't doubt him because in his world that must be the truth.

But I know there are gods in my reality because they evidence themselves in measurable ways.

Both of us are telling the truth as we know it why should there be a problem?

The only answer is the mind of the fundamentalist and it’s refusal to accept any other possibility.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by newday

What you need to do is re-define what is real in such a way as to allow for all the separate beliefs to be true.

Define reality in such a way as to allow for there both to be gods and not be gods at the same time.

Well exactly.

The spiritual/metaphysical viewpoint often refers to

"different levels of truth"

"many versions of reality"

"reality created by the viewpoint one occupies"

"integrative and holistic people who can shift beliefs according to situation or desired experience"

and all such stuff.

Ive been practicing this since awhile and it does make things more pleasant, more effective, more fullfilling.

A big questionmark remains as to why so many people think they ARE a belief-system or system-of-thought and have to stick to it until they die.

For me a belief is like a car. You need it to get from point A to B. But you dont hold onto it for the rest of your life. You discard it when something better comes up.

Strangely enough the "addiction to beliefs" doesnt end at religion-ists and athei-ists and whatever else there is, but also contaminates a lot of the "spiritual scene".

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
One of the hardest things for a one line thinker (that is what I call any extremist thoughts) is that you can achieve any level of spirituality and have your own set of believes that no necessarily have to match a certain religious believe, group or church.

This level of spirituality can come from personal experiences and self discovery.

Yes we may have a teacher that could influence us but that teacher no necessarily has to be from any religious groups or denomination.

Or we may achieve that spirituality on self worth.

Is unconceivable for many to be able to function without a system of believes or a self appointed mediator between their religion and their God.

No necessarily people need to link a higher power, energy or entity to any type of religion but it only takes a personal understanding of what that power is to achieve the en lighting needed for spirituality.

The same way that I will respect anybody that have the need to link their faith to a Church, group or religion or particular god.

What makes a person happy and satisfy is a personal choice.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
One of the hardest things for a one line thinker (that is what I call any extremist thoughts) is that you can achieve any level of spirituality and have your own set of believes that no necessarily have to match a certain religious believe, group or church. This level of spirituality can come from personal experiences and self discovery. Yes we may have a teacher that could influence us but that teacher no necessarily has to be from any religious groups or denomination.

This phenomenon has me curious since decades. The idea that beliefs cant be self-chosen but have to come from some kind of "authority", be it a book or a teacher or preacher or school or parent, alienates me.

Or we may achieve that spirituality on self worth.

Yep. Thats the whole simple idea. On our first day of school, instead of telling us what to think, they teacher might ask: "What do YOU think?" While its fine to take second-hand viewpoints from others, the ability to form and express ones OWN viewpoint is stifled to a degree that its almost crazy.

Is unconceivable for many to be able to function without a system of believes or a self appointed mediator between their religion and their God.

And this is where the conspiracy-idea of the thread comes into play. Why keep people on childlike-levels of following authority rather than creating their own individuality?

The motto could be: Dont follow others footsteps, make your own footprints

No necessarily people need to link a higher power, energy or entity to any type of religion but it only takes a personal understanding of what that power is to achieve the en lighting needed for spirituality.
The same way that I will respect anybody that have the need to link their faith to a Church, group or religion or particular god.What makes a person happy and satisfy is a personal choice.

And thats the intersting part: A lot of people are comfortable with leading the...well, the comfortable life. Its comfortable to rest in papa-authorities arms and not have to take any responsibility for ones world. Which is why, in the life out there, I dont share my views with anyone...I dont want to disturb their bubble of comfort.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's true that almost all conceptual worldviews -religious or otherwise suffer from mental poverty about the true potential of humans. Buddha and Jesus evolved into light bodies -the natural evolution of a human being to the next dimension. Buddha spoke of 3 different dimesions-the dimension of matter and energy-the dimension of blissful light and the dimension of pure consciousness. Most religions limit their dimensional view and are stagnate in a worldview of matter and mediocrity. Google the 84 Mahasiddhas and Padmasambhava. These were people who transcended mediocrity and became light beings who could not not only walk on water but could fly and walk thru walls etc. The real conspiracy is that almost no one knows about them. People are so limited by their local conditioning. If you don't know about the amazing transcendental people in your own backyard of Earth I really don't care to hear what your views are on extraterrestrials. Learn about some of these remarkable people then we can talk.
Belief is a sign of insecurity. You don't need belief only experience. Do you believe in electricity? noone talks like that so why do they in spirituality?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Interesting,

The problem is the free thinkers, if you are a free thinker you are seen by the majority in society as an anomaly.

If you question religion and religious believe in our nation and in our society and decide that you want to make your own choices rather than subscribe to the main stream you are an anomaly.

Its hard for people that belong to a system of religious believes to understand that you can achieve spirituality the same way that somebody faith has helped them become also spiritual while the spirituality comes from different believes still they can communicate in harmony.

A true religious spiritual person has not need to bash, attack or question another person that their spirituality is linked to a none set system of religious believes because the source of that spirituality is the same and is personal growth.

One of the things I can not understand is why people can see that you do not need a middle man, church or religious group to feel close to a higher being, creator, force, energy, entity, God or whatever a person wants to call what motivates them.

Spirituality is not given learned or bought, but comes from within ourselves and our souls.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Skyfloating asked;

A big questionmark remains as to why so many people think they ARE a belief-system or system-of-thought and have to stick to it until they die.

Answer;

Maybe it is fear, if there is no spiritual power in manifestation in their lives then they could lack confidence never realizing the truth defends itself that would explain why they turn to religion or turn away from it.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

ATS should have a button for

"I read and acknowledge/appreciate your post and have nothing to add"

That would save a lot of writing space, a lot of unnecessesary chatter, and improve the overall relationship between ATS members.

Absolutely.
Is that a motion?
Because if it is, I second it wholeheartedly.
And if it isn't, it should be.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
All though I could spit some words on the topic I think I should rather introduce this: And now for something compleatly diffrent.

CHAIRMAN:
...Which brings us once again to the urgent realisation of just how much there is still left to own. Item six on the agenda: the meaning of life. Now, uh, Harry, you've had some thoughts on this.
HARRY:
That's right. Yeah, I've had a team working on this over the past few weeks, and, uh, what we've come up with can be reduced to two fundamental concepts. One: people are not wearing enough hats. Two: matter is energy. In the universe, there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio, as orthodox Christianity teaches. It has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved, owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.
[pause]
BERT:
What was that about hats, again?
HARRY:
Oh, uh, people aren't wearing enough.
CHAIRMAN:
Is this true?

EDMUND:
Certainly. Hat sales have increased, but not pari passu, as our research initially--
BERT:
But when you say 'enough', enough for what purpose?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Good thread, what do you think flouride in the water is all about.

If russia ever falls to the nwo, we are all screwed, they'll be no stopping them then.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

(Sorry, I know this isn't even a "one-liner", but I just couldn't resist it...
Ah, the memories!)

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

not trying to be rude/hatefull or disrespectfull but:
i am amazed you can not think beyond the end of your physical life now but still be content?
i cannot think this way---if there was no life for eternity after this life---i'd sooner die now---and save myself a whole pile of needless useless suffering.what point would there be in being a "good" person if death ends it all?

if there was no G-D to offer you a better future, then this present life is a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

Im sorry, but NOWHERE do I say I dont believe in an afterlife.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join