It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy against true spiritual potential

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Both religion and atheism/materialism supress true spiritual potential.

The majority still thinks it can uphold these two sides as the "main sides" without factoring in true spirituality. Keep the sheep focussed on those two so that, during a lifetime, they never even begin to discover their true potential.

Spirituality offers everything religion does without the negative side-effects:

Belief in higher realms - without having to submit to a certain leader in order to gain access.

Belief in the possibility of a supreme being - without playing the "we are right, they are wrong" game that has caused all wars.

Belief in "you reap what you sow" - Goodness is displayed not out of fear of punishment but out of a simple understanding of cause-effect relationships. This understanding automatically implies ethical behaviour and accountability/responsibility.

Belief in the importance of today - rather than projecting salvation to some distant future.

Belief in many different levels of truth - rather than "this is the absolute truth and all other people are wrong".

Contrary to atheism/materialism, spirituality encourages:

To train onseself to focus ones mind and meditate

To seek joy as a first-hand experience

To consider not only what can be seen and measured, but possibilties beyond that

The obvious conspiracy to supress true spiritual potential and its side-effects of out-of-body-experience, states of enlightenment, dimensional travel by lucid dreaming, influence of reality by power of mind, and so on is facilitated by schooling and keeping a tight leash on religion vs. atheism as the only valid "big worldviews" to choose from. It is further instituted by keeping people in fear and generating short attention spans or attention-deficit-problems so that nobody learns to focus the mind and learn its powers.

By the amount of atheist-materialists and christians on this board I realize Im in the minority, but I insist on factoring in the THIRD side which often gets drowned out by dull debates on "creationism vs. evolution" and other variations of the two established sides.

Who is behind this conspiracy we cant be sure of, but we can see its effects.

I look forward to an enjoyable read from people who agree, disagree and partially agree and partially disagree.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Nice post.
I thought you will write something in this manner, because I have notice your reply to other post in the same manner that you have wrote your thread.
In my view it shows a good deal of balance and lucidity.
I couldn’t add more to input your thread if it is the existence of a real conspiracy to suppress human real spiritual endeavour.
To my mind I can only conclude that the human race is been monitored to suppress the real force behind spiritual existence.
Too many wars, too many religions, too many philosophies, that drag human to servitude and imprison they potential as true spiritual being.
I have also to acknowledge the great forces that guide this conspiracy of deceit. To my knowledge we have never encounter greater force then this one.
It has created multiple religions, some full of apocalyptic message and some other genuinely humanely spirited but corrupted after deem too liberal and contrary to obedient doctrine.
To confront this force I believe one has to turn to him-self and find the true answer that lay inside of him. But this required great changes, the changes that take you to oblivion.
Are we ready to take the step to freedom?

Kacou

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
You don't have to follow a leader to be a Christian, and "love they neighbour" would follow much of what you said.

The underlying principle of the bible is love and charity, keep it in mind and you would be good to go

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
You don't have to follow a leader to be a Christian, and "love they neighbour" would follow much of what you said.

The underlying principle of the bible is love and charity, keep it in mind and you would be good to go

What do you mean, if you kip this doctrine at heart you are ok to go?
Then the bible is about commandment and not true spirituality.

kacou

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
What do you mean, if you kip this doctrine at heart you are ok to go?
Then the bible is about commandment and not true spirituality.

kacou

It is both, and has been followed as both- the spiritual aspect of it was always key, in that traditionally the bible was never followed literally, allow the underlying messages of love to come through and transcend your earthly restrictions to glimpse the divine

Literal biblical intransigence was a more recent development

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I accept your reply.
Tell me now; what do you consider more important Love or Bible?
In another word if you have to choose, which one will it be? Unconditional love to all human or the reading and following of the bible?

Kacou

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Filter out 10% of the Bible and Im good to go, yes.

But thats not what people under the label of religion are doing. They are taking the entire teaching and sometimes literally.

Not to mention that religion doesnt offer proper techniques for personal development.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Nice post.
I thought you will write something in this manner, because I have notice your reply to other post in the same manner that you have wrote your thread.
In my view it shows a good deal of balance and lucidity.

Are we ready to take the step to freedom?

I thought I´d put this thread up because the christian vs. atheist voices are over-published here, as if the voice of a thrid alternative didnt even exist.

As to "are we ready to take the step to freedom?" Id say: "Not yet"

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I accept your reply.
Tell me now; what do you consider more important Love or Bible?
In another word if you have to choose, which one will it be? Unconditional love to all human or the reading and following of the bible?

Kacou

Without being evasive, to me it is the same, ie like choosing between soccer or football, as the Christian Bible is love?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Filter out 10% of the Bible and Im good to go, yes.

But thats not what people under the label of religion are doing. They are taking the entire teaching and sometimes literally.

undoutedly SOME do take the readings literally, not too many I suspect, I personally put a lot in context and look for the deeper principles involved, which, again, are love

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

... too many religions, too many philosophies, that drag human to servitude ...obedient doctrine.

This is the essence of the problem. Dogma of any variety is meant to structure belief systems and therefore cultures and society at large. Whether it is the dogma of religion or of science, it is meant to keep people in line, as a means of control. If everyone was just harnessing their own potential and looking for the Divine in themselves, the unlimited potential of society and thus the the world would be much more difficult to control.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

undoutedly SOME do take the readings literally, not too many I suspect, I personally put a lot in context and look for the deeper principles involved, which, again, are love

If you leave it at that, then Christianity and all other religions, would be just wonderful and this world would be at ease

And by "leave it at that" I also mean not saying "But THEY must practice love too, or else THEY go to hell".

But religion has never been much into minding ones own business, has it.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Let me rephrase my question;
Is an imaginary son of yours. He’s name is Love.
Is an imaginary father of yours. He’s name is Bible.
Both are about to fall in a ravine, which one would you save as you can only save one.
I hope you don’t mind this way of mine to put my question a cross.

Kacou

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You are right the bible can never teach spirituality because it only teaches dependency while rejecting free thinkers.

Spirituality is something we learn and achieve by oneself.

But again what can you expect from a book written by men with the agenda of domination in mind.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
In my opinion, the conspiracy lies only in the nature of humans to exploit one another for power or material gain. The machine of society. If everyone unleashed the Divine within, we would all be a bunch of self-reliant meglo-maniacs who have no need for society. We would fulfill all of our own emotional and intellectual needs. Where's the fun in that? More importantly, it would take away the power that the few wield over the many through dogma, charisma and informational control.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

If you leave it at that, then Christianity and all other religions, would be just wonderful and this world would be at ease

And by "leave it at that" I also mean not saying "But THEY must practice love too, or else THEY go to hell".

But religion has never been much into minding ones own business, has it.

Ironically it is a command to tell them they must not offer advice on what the bible says regarding hell.

Ultimately, no Christian can tell anyone else they are going to hell (if it exists)- only God can do that.

you say religion has never been much into minding one's own business, welcome to the world of man- to Christianity's credit, and whilst this is obviously not an exact science, it has long since adapted to the acceptance that their religion is for the soul, not for the governance of man in legal, societal terms- can't see much wrong with that, especially in the west which offers freedom of worship

[edit on 12-12-2007 by blueorder]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Let me rephrase my question;
Is an imaginary son of yours. He’s name is Love.
Is an imaginary father of yours. He’s name is Bible.
Both are about to fall in a ravine, which one would you save as you can only save one.
I hope you don’t mind this way of mine to put my question a cross.

Kacou

I'd probably need some marijuana to even get in the frame of mind to comprehend it never mind answer it

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
More and more people around the world are realising that they don't possess a soul... because they ARE a soul. Yet I'd agree there is a general conspiracy to suppress and / or control this awakening. It is conducted by the usual suspects with vested interest in maintaining hierarchical power structures, the great illusion of class-oriented civilisation. The irony is that the opposition to progress is forcing the issue.

This moment in history really is just the starting point for what is yet to come. Realising that you are indeed a soul, raises a lot more questions than it answers. Thus the struggle will go on

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
dont think there is a conspiracy so to speak.
Its basically evolution. We 'ate' from the tree of knowledge of good and evil before we were ready and now we have to grow up to properly use that 'gift'.

Ego (false self in christian terms) will eventually 'work itself out of a job'.

We must be careful that which we oppose, or we transform into the very thing that we oppose. Make sense?

Peace

dAlen

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Is this a thread about the Bible and Christianity or, as the OP states, the "conspiracy" to supress true spritual potential? As usual, the tired old tactic of divide and conquer has distracted ATS members from real debate. The OP has asked that we look a bit deeper, past the cliche' arguments of Christianity and Atheism, the validity and meaning of the Bible, etc.

[edit on 12/12/07 by kosmicjack]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join