It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Describes Systematic White House Effort to Manipulate Climate Change Science.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Report Describes Systematic White House Effort to Manipulate Climate Change Science. Point FOR Global Warming

oversight.house.gov

The evidence before the Committee leads to one inescapable conclusion: the Bush Administration has engaged in a systematic effort to manipulate climate change science and mislead policymakers and the public about the dangers of global warming.

There was a systematic White House effort to minimize the significance of climate change by editing climate change reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

-------------------------
Shortened title to fit

[edit on 11/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ok, and here I thought Global Warming was just a scam (No, I really did).

ASSUMING everything in here were accurate and true, it would be proof of White House manipulation of our media, dumbing down the population, and $$ motives.

Can't really say I'm too surprised the White House is doing this at all.

Check out the PDF file at the bottom: oversight.house.gov...

oversight.house.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Any discussion at all about this?

White house covering up global warming?

Can't believe any studies?

Anything?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It seems like a credible accusation of a government conspiracy to alter the findings of scientists is something that takes second place to members who wish to promote an identical program of disinformation.

It makes me wonder too, bigbert81.

However, patience is the way to go. Hopefully the findings may 'catch fire' yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ok, let's try one more time.

5 flags...

3 stars...

Where's the responses?

[edit on 12/11/2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If This report is a fact, then howcome the intire Bush organasation isnt being impeached, prosecuted and judged?

If this had happened in Denmark, The government would be forced to step down and face a trial.

It all ads up to me, with the entire Bush "regime", its all about oil and power, there is no doubt in my mind anymore.

I hope The American people will choose the next president more wisely.

Plus i believe its time for the American people to demand a "voting system" on paper", with options to vote on a party, or on a specific candidate only. And you need more than two parties people!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Many are on the other thread obscuring science the best they can.

After reading the report I thought this was most telling:

An undated CEQ document amplifies this point. The first line of the document listing CEQ edits to the draft denial of the petition to regulate CO2 states simply: “Vulnerability: science.”221 Later in the document, CEQ notes: “Lead sentence is trouble, as it leans too much on science.”222 Far from being the touchstone for CEQ edits, CEQ apparently saw the science of global warming as an obstacle standing in the way of its desired result: the refusal to regulate motor vehicle emissions that contribute to global warming.

'Lead sentence is trouble, as it leans too much on science'

Now, we wouldn't want that now would we, heh.

This is a good summary of years of political interference in climate science in the US. Scientists have been pointing this out for a few years now. The Bush administration made decisions early on to get in bed with the likes of Exxon.

This was the result.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

Trust me, it gets me too. It really disturbs me that 79% of Americans don't support Bush, and he can lie and do whatever he pleases, EVEN WITH PROOF, and no one does anything about it.

We'll impeach Clinton for perjury, yet we let Bush stay in office after all of the laws his administration has broken, AND NOW THIS!

I agree, Bush needs to be DONE!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Well - no suprises here huh?

At least for those of us willing to read between the immense & obvious lines.

I wonder how our little friend at Burger King, who is currently having a field day trying to de-bunk GW here, would defend this?

Hmmm...I'm sure he'd come up with some sort of cockamamie nonsense.

Wait & see...

J.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Your leaping to a conclusion. First off the Scientific Community is not in agreement on this issue. Second both the article about Bush and what I just said can be true at the same time. He could be avoiding the issue and at the same time there could be genuine doubt as too the cause of Global Warming. Bush doing something wrong does not mean that it is suddenly a verified fact that Human activity is the main cause of Warming. Even Bush has publicly admitted that the Earth may be warming. I accept the Earth is warming. I just don't think that the evidence says we are the cause and we need to destroy the whole Worlds Economy to address the issue. Bush is a lousy President = Global Warming is caused mainly by Human Activity = False Logic.

There was long thread on GW yesterday that got quite involved. People are probably burnt out on it a bit. I'll be reading the information I found during the day for the next month.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You should go back and read the PDF file I put a link to before jumping to such conclusions.

Thanks for your input though.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
One major reason America does not want to readily recognise global warming or even agree to join in agreements to help cut carbon emissions is its military.

A army marches on its stomach, the transport for that army marches on petrol & oil, the industry supporting these require the same, dumb down your **carbon footprint and you dumb down your military power.

Personally I feel that global warming is cyclical event, and even though we humans have helped quicken the cycle, mother nature is a lot stronger than we think and will always counter balance any un-natural intrusions to this cycle..........weird weather for example.

So in answer to the OP, I believe the reason for your government to do this is from a military point of view.

**carbon footprint, a snazzy way of saying here comes another Green Tax

Wolfie

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I read it. Bush being a bad person just does not mean that the cause of Global Warming is primarily our fault. I don't think you read my post correctly. Sorry if you misunderstood. I'm not defending Bush in any way. I'm trying to keep an open mind. Theory is theory and fact is fact. The causes of Global Warming are still theory. Many very credible Scientists disagree as to the cause. The jury is still out.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The thing is, though, how are we to make a considered judgement if, as the story in the OP states;

There was a systematic White House effort to minimize the significance of climate change by editing climate change reports.

If the facts are altered to fit the agenda, then how are we to ever know the truth?

IMO, the issue in this thread is the conspracy, perpetrated by the White House, to 'fudge the findings'.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yes, thank you. A 16 month investigation has shown that the White House DOES manipulate whatever it wants through media and dumbing down America by not showing the real facts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to Blaine, would you please stop making that correlation, I'm not stupid. I'm not saying Bush being bad=global warming. I AM saying that the White House, for whatever reason, decided to take scientific findings (which are listed in the PDF), and alter them to "minimize the significance of climate change". That sentence sounds pretty black and white to me...

[edit on 12/11/2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Don't worry. The planet knows what's up and will take care of it.

The faster we try to destroy ourselves, the sooner the turning point will come. Those with some warmth left in the heart will have their day.

In the end, it's like taking off a plaster. Do it quick and it hurts less.

Of course, if you're not expecting the pain, then it may come as a bit of a shock

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
That "evil bush administration" it seems all they do is

lie, cheat, steal, belittle, cover up, omit facts, change reports, in bed with big oil, defense contracts.....

Oh-my-god, the list just goes on and on and on....

November 08 can't come fast enough. What are we gonna do when "evil bush" and his cronies are gone?

Who are we gonna blame for all the nonsense that's going on?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfTom

Uggggh, yeah, I'm sure the House Oversight Committee is SO biased.

Just because you're tired of hearing about it, doesn't make it untrue that more and more problems (including a detailed report of dumbing down the population) are coming out of the woodworks.

apc

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It's just politics. The Democrats have been drooling over the global warming issue since the 80s as an ideal means to pass communistic reform empowering government, forcing wealth redistribution, and stripping people of their freedoms. It only makes sense that the equally disgraceful Republicans will do whatever they can to manipulate the data in their favor instead.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by bigbert81

Your leaping to a conclusion. First off the Scientific Community is not in agreement on this issue. Second both the article about Bush and what I just said can be true at the same time. He could be avoiding the issue and at the same time there could be genuine doubt as too the cause of Global Warming. Bush doing something wrong does not mean that it is suddenly a verified fact that Human activity is the main cause of Warming. Even Bush has publicly admitted that the Earth may be warming. I accept the Earth is warming. I just don't think that the evidence says we are the cause and we need to destroy the whole Worlds Economy to address the issue. Bush is a lousy President = Global Warming is caused mainly by Human Activity = False Logic.

There was long thread on GW yesterday that got quite involved. People are probably burnt out on it a bit. I'll be reading the information I found during the day for the next month.

At this point you are beginning to look like the naked man standing in the middle of a big empty field, insisting that it isn't absolute proof that he's not standing in the middle of a busy traffic intersection, waiting for the lights to change, like you, he kind of has a point. Go on stick to yours no matter what. That's what's important right.

You are one of many in a crowded, sinking boat, insisting that what's important is: who caused the damn leak. You're a funny guy. Kind of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join