It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Describes Systematic White House Effort to Manipulate Climate Change Science.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
It's just politics.

If politics is all about lying, then yes... you're right. That's exactly what they're doing when scientific studies are altered to fit a political agenda for the benefit of big business.

However, it's the Republicans who need to answer to this particular bit of tom-foolery, not the Dems. Texas oil men got this rolling for Texas oil men.

It's gonna be a hard few months until election time and the bill will need to be paid. I really don't think the American public is as stupid as they (the contemporary lying polititians) hopes they are.

At least, I hope they're not comfortable with being lied to (again and again).

apc

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Actually I'm pretty sure that's what they are and what they want.

I'm glad you agree it is political.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The report is damning and who is really surprised. And it will be business as usual for Americans lets just see. Forget Bali, who needs it. You've got an economy to run. Still.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
It's just politics. The Democrats have been drooling over the global warming issue since the 80s as an ideal means to pass communistic reform empowering government, forcing wealth redistribution, and stripping people of their freedoms. It only makes sense that the equally disgraceful Republicans will do whatever they can to manipulate the data in their favor instead.

The fact is the Administration manipulated scientific evidence, True or not is beside the point. I also believe that climate change is cyclical. However, Mother Nature takes 10's of thousands of years to do it and doesn't release the thousands of different chemicals and compounds that we have into the environment.

Please, would the American people put the pressure on your elected officials to start impeachment proceedings against these clowns. Your going to wake up soon and realize that the "Good Ol' US of A" turned into 1930's Germany when the "Fhurer" had a similar style of governance to what is developing in the US currently. I believe it was called "Facism".

Reichstad + 9/11 = Facism

I'm not being Anti-American here. I just can't stand your elected officials who are hell bent on screwing the world over with it's reckless foreign policy. If you get sick of the US, Canada will still take you guys in with loving arms as we've been doing for your fellow citizens since the whole "War on Terrorism/Facism" started. We have our own problems, but nothing like yours. It's time to move away from a 2 party system. At least a 3rd or 4th party to the mix causes a wider scope of ideas and debate as each party has their view(obviously).

Your government is broken and is going to destroy your economy, security and leave you alone in the world. The rest of the world is sensing the end of the US superpower, hence the massive dumping of US currency world wide. It's a result of lack of confidence in the US(Government-you).

Get it fixed before it's too late. The subject of this thread is just one of many incidents of manipulation, corruption and all those other bad adjectives that everybody uses to describe the current NEO-CON fiasco.

Later,

Deeznutz

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
To batten on this moor

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Theory is theory and fact is fact. The causes of Global Warming are still theory. Many very credible Scientists disagree as to the cause. The jury is still out.

You are wrong. The consensus is established. The facts are simply too stubborn to disagree with. No respectable scientist or scientific organization continues to dispute them - only the lapdogs of Big Oil and the American Religiomaniacal Right continue to do so. If you believe otherwise, you are being tragically selective in your choice of information on the subject.

Might I just add that it is thoroughly nauseating to hear the world's energy-guzzling gluttons, stuffed to bursting with excess consumption to the point where it has made them obese and sick, continuing to pooh-pooh the human contribution to global warming (for which they are pre-eminently to blame) as they swill around their troughs, stuffing, stuffing, stuffing. I'm not saying that you yourself are one of these vile, porcine tuns of selfishness, but if I were you I should be more careful of the 'intellectual' company I kept.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The subject of this thread has been obvious for years now...

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Your government is broken and is going to destroy your economy, security and leave you alone in the world. The rest of the world is sensing the end of the US superpower, hence the massive dumping of US currency world wide. It's a result of lack of confidence in the US(Government-you).

Your last sentence NEEDS TO WAKE MORE PEOPLE UP!

There are consequences to our nonsense here at home.

:shk:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Getting sucked into the whole Humans = Global Warming is sad in the extreme. I bet the same lemmings actually believed in the War on Drugs of the 70/80s (but really about $$$ for both sides), and Global Ice age of the 70's (code name CFC's but really about $$$)and the War on Terror now (create fear and division across the world leading to tighter control and of course $$$) . Waken up! I had hoped that the people on this site would have been far too savi to fall for today’s government manipulation or NOT?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Exactly. And why manipulate the findings to make it look like GW is not manmade? Obviously the real findings indicate it IS man-made - otherwise, why bother to fudge the findings in this way. Simple logic really. And yes - it does in fact prove that GW is man-made - it's painfully obvious I'm afraid to say - and this report proves it once and for all.

J.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

This report clearly indicates that the 'Lemmings' are the people who have fallen for the Bush admin. 'GW Is Naturally Occuring' scam.

J.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Simple logic really. And yes - it does in fact prove that GW is man-made - it's painfully obvious I'm afraid to say - and this report proves it once and for all.

Couldn't disagree more with your summary J. I rest my case!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

As a fellow Canadian I agree wholeheartedly with most of what you've said. I have to dissagree on taking in Americans though - they need to stay home and start cleaning up Bush's mess - and soon. We already have enough problems with US gangsters, gang members and guns as it is up here...

Other than that - well said friend.

J.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yep - the US public has been misled all right - right down the garden path to Nowheres-Ville. Time to wake up and smell the CO2 folks! Your admin. has been caught with it's pants down and there's no denying it any more.

J.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Now that we know they are manipulating things.
We need to ask questions.

1. Why would they want to manipulate the data.
2. What do they know that we don't?
3. Who stands to gain a payoff from them lying?
4. When will that payoff be paid?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Orwellian, absolute power corupts absolutely. For the younger people out there read 1984 and Brave new world both by Aldous Hucksley. That is the Bush administration. What have these guys done well or in a positive light ? Nothing. If I missed something positive please inform me.

On global warming I think we need to move beyond placing blame. It is real wether we contributed to it or not. To me it is strikingly obvious that we have a lot to do with it and I concur with a previous member that the vast majority of the science community do as well. Facts are facts, period.

If your primary concern was oil and the military machine what would you do ? Create a war over oil ??? This is their concern, profit. As for the environment it will remain a victim along with all of us. Foresight although they preach it is not a part of their agenda. 8 years of power to enable them to grab as much money as possible is.

LGF.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is really now new news the knowledge that they were doing that has been out for some time. The point is however IF opposition to the notion of human involvement in global warming is NOT ideologically driven, then why tamper with the evidence?

Actually the notion that we do NOT affect the climate in adverse ways, just as we do other aspects of the environment, is the joke, the scam and the cover up... brought to you by big business and especially big oil.

We continue to deny, obstruct and delay at our own risk and ultimately our own (and especially or children and grandchildren's) cost.

To Papillion: thats Aldous Huxley and he did write Brave New World, 1984 was written by George Orwell.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by grover]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Thanks Grover, you are right. I read them a long time ago and with there similar themes they have joined in my mind. I should have known how to spell Huxley though ???

LGF.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by Bluess

Trust me, it gets me too. It really disturbs me that 79% of Americans don't support Bush, and he can lie and do whatever he pleases, EVEN WITH PROOF, and no one does anything about it.

We'll impeach Clinton for perjury, yet we let Bush stay in office after all of the laws his administration has broken, AND NOW THIS!

I agree, Bush needs to be DONE!!!

You are aware that it isn't just under the Bush Administration...

MK-Ultra happened under another administration, many documents are being nuclassified that implicate others...Clinton went to bed with DynaCorp to fund 'corporate armies' to occupy Columbia and so forth, presumably in an effort to by pass international law regarding nation occupations. After all, corporate law is different than international government.

The point is, these things happen all the time. Does that make it better...NO!!

I'm disturbed that people see the writing on the wall, from our own media no less, and still walk out the door to buy a cappuchino, rather than Washington. We as one are weak...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If we take it as a given that this is a simple consequence of industrial lobbying and the funding of government by such methods, then there is a simple solution.

A lot of the libertarian types won't like it, but we need to be funding our political parties through taxes and stuff.

The government is voted for by the people, it should answer solely to the people. Whilst they are in the pay of other agents, then we will not have the primary input, they will not be solely acting in our interests.

As they say, there is 'no free lunch'. Political parties paid set amounts of public money. No outside interference - no politicians being bought by millionaires or industrial giants.

Might also reduce the obscene amount they spend during elections.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Melatonin,

Canada did just what you're talking about. I think it is a simple and effective way to ensure no group ( EX; Bohemian Grove ) can buy or seize the white house. Level the playing field. We should also require our presidents to not have conflicts of interests due to their business holdings. How much interest does the Bush families business holdings have in oil, energy and military contracting ? We should be mad as hell and unwilling to take it any more.

The lobsters are indeed in the pot.

LGF

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Republican's Rebuttle Report

Ok, so doing some more digging, I've found this report: republicans.oversight.house.gov...

This is the Republican's view of the report that was released detailing the White House's manipulation of the climate control.

Now I think, everyone will have some new information. I'm still trying to decide what I think about it. Unfortunately, both papers appear biased (or do they?), but the original accusation does bring up facts that are pretty hard to dispute.

What do people here think?

[edit on 12/12/2007 by bigbert81]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join