It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phobias: What scares YOU?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

The only way that could get worse is if the spider had back hair or some of that really long underarm hair dgtempe brought up.

I went and googled my phobia and it has an official name - Omphalophobia.

Omphalophobia is a specific phobia, an abnormal fear of belly buttons. It is a fairly rare phobia. People with this phobia become distressed when anyone's navel area is subjected to touch, especially their own.

It's somewhat relieving to know enough people have this problem that they gave it a name.

Originally posted by gps777
I had a good laugh,until I read you could be reduced to tears by it.

It is kind of funny, in a pathetic sort of way. If anyone ever wants to torture me for information, you can skip the bamboo shoots under the nails, beatings and electric shocks. Just touch my belly button for 2 minutes and I'll tell you whatever you want to know!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

It is kind of funny, in a pathetic sort of way. If anyone ever wants to torture me for information, you can skip the bamboo shoots under the nails, beatings and electric shocks. Just touch my belly button for 2 minutes and I'll tell you whatever you want to know!

The sister inlaw has a phobia of feet,she wont even let me touch my Missus`s feet,she really freaks out.

Is it only your own belly button that cant be touched?

Thanks for putting the link up about it and sorry if its sounds like I`m taking the mickey but its fascinating and funny.

This is in the wrong thread and your I Mod I know,but its in the cause of medical science for the betterment of Duzey`s kind........

I confess......

to just playing with my belly button to try and understand Duzey`s phobia,the results of which are inconclusive.more tests will be run by me on unsuspecting possibly unwilling participants

Here`s hoping I`m not arrested.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

OMG..ROFLMAO....!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Cockroaches. When I was a kid of about 5 years old a swarm of about a dozen flew into the house and chased me around the room. Now they freak me out if they crawl past or over my feet, or if they suddenly land close to me from out of nowhere. If I spot them first, depending on how my mood is they'll either get a swat with a newspaper or a shot with a rubber band (quick and painless), a roasting with a can of spray + fire (not so quick and painless) or a dab of superglue on their backs which makes them run and stumble, thereby getting hopelessly stuck somewhere (torture).

I hate them! I hate them! I hate them! I hate them! DIEEEEEEE

There's no worries of them going extinct coz they even suffered the A-bomb and still lived so DIE DIE DIEEEEEE

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Beach, you do know if you kill one 10,000 come to the funeral???

I lived in Florida, i know.....:shk:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
[edit on 10-12-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
She hasn`t got a full phobia of spiders, though I have to deal with them for her.But when she was a little girl around 2-3 her folks found her with a Huntsman (the top pic which are very common here) half in her mouth chewing on it
they get up to about 15 cm or 6 inchs thats quite a meal for little girl.

Thats horrible, did it make her sick? There are some creatures that didn't need inventing and that is one of them. I couldn't imagine.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I only have 3 phobias.

1.) Heights

2.) Spiders

3.) Losing the people I love

The first 2 I'm growing out of, but the last one was something I acquired after I became aware of the state of the world.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have unbelieveble fear of flying insects.... well all insects! but for some reason i don't fear butterflies!!!!
I wonder why?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'd like to catch all those spiders that gps777 posted...catch them in a glass jar and scold them all with hot tap water

One reason I like to put big spiders in a jar....you can have a really good look at them, and their long fangs without touching them...ewwww

My son is scared of spider's so I always have to come kill them. Sometimes I spray them with hairspray

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
heights
death
losing my wife/son

i think i can take everything else

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
OK.. so I have a couple of phobias. Not just fears.. but full blown phobias.

I am absolutely terrified of spiders. Big or small, I scream and then freeze up completely while hyperventilating. I have tried to get over this phobia several times and each time I end up worse off than I was to start with.

This one is right silly, even to me, but here goes... zombies. As best I can remember, this phobia started when I was about 9 or 10. I had a dream that my parents turned into zombies and were eating me. This phobia is so bad that I will not live near a cemetary and getting me to go into one is nigh impossible. I have missed many funerals because I cannot make myself go. I get sick to my stomach, I start shaking and I end up having panic attacks.

Bridges over water. If I am going to be driving and I have to cross a bridge over water I will have to work myself up as I get close to it and then do a mental count so that I am not focusing on where I am at. By the time I am off the bridge, I am shaking and panting for air.

Guess I'm kinda screwed up lol

VV

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I do have another phobia, but please dont take it the wrong way.

I am afraid of President Bush.

Is there a name for that phobia????

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Fears and phobias. We all have them. I'm deathly afraid of bees, wasps, or basically any insect with two wings and a stinger. If one comes near me I freak out and start running around, waving my arms, and screaming like a madman.

But the thing that I fear the most is death. I don't know what will happen to my soul when I die. And I'm terrified to find out. My fear of death has been my sole purpose for staying alive. If not for that, I would have been out of here a long time ago. Will I go to heaven or hell? Or some other place? Or maybe be reincarnated? Thats the problem...I don't know. And I'm in no hurry to find out either. At least not until I can discern the truth about the universe. Until then...death is the shadow that I run and hide from. The specter that creeps up behind me. The demon that stalks my nightmares. The one entity that I am always running away from. Away, Death, away!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Aww don't wory Light... I will defend you!!

No bees, wasps or death shall come near you as long as I am beside you!

That is my vow to you and may my life be forfeit if I fail.

VV

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I know a person who has a Tarantula of some sort with fangs about I'd say a half an inch that are hard like claws. That sucker can grab hold of a stick with those things and hang in the air. I wish I had a pic of him. He's realy quick and scary. You wouldn't want to wake up with one of those creepin around on you.:shk: No sir!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oh thank you for the nightmares!!!!

Sheesh... just the mere thought is making my skin crawl. **shudders**

VV

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

My son is scared of spider's so I always have to come kill them. Sometimes I spray them with hairspray

See Jen`s not cruel.

She even helps hairy spiders look their best.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I don't mind if you laugh about it - I do. Of all the things to have a phobia about, my subconcious picks belly buttons. :shk:

My phobia isn't a severe as it could be, I'm lucky that way.
It doesn't bother me much to see other peoples belly buttons or if they touch them but I won't touch them and you better not try and touch mine.

The only other real problem this has caused is pretty recent. My sister had a baby within the last month and the little 'stump' from the umbilical cord almost made me throw up. Now my sister wants me to learn how to change diapers so I can babysit. I can only put this off for so long, and I'm really dreading it. I know the stump is gone and it's pretty much healed, but now I'm scared - how am I supposed to change the baby's diaper without having to see it's belly button?

I was also going to mention that thanks to all of this talk about needles, I have a new fear I hadn't thought of before - getting a giant needle in my belly button! Thanks everyone.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Duzey]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voyager1

Thats horrible, did it make her sick?

Wow thats a good question,I asked her after reading your question and she said "ummm? I dont think so? my parents didn`t say I did"

I would like to secretly say,I think you could be on to something and could explain why I :bnghd: a lot.

Shssssssh

Coming! sweetheart just finishing a boring post,thats not worth reading as usual.

Have to go and deal with a spider before she eats some more!.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join