It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phobias: What scares YOU?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Jen? What kind of needles hon?

It seems that you are afraid of...(putting my phobia-translation cap on):

These needles/Phobia help page

Or are you basically afraid of 'anything poking you'?

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

You scare me. Please don't come to near to me. In fact, you are now my phobia, right here and now. You and AD that is.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
SPIDERS!!!

By far!

And I own one, so, go figure.

Also, the beasty that lives under my bed.

He/she/it hasn't gotten my feet yet while hopping into bed at night, but I know it's still tryin.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Swing sets and merry-go-rounds when no one is near, its windy and the ground is covered in leaves, the wind starts moving them, makes 'em sqeak, and the leaves make that crackling noise like someone is stepping on them.... that scares me sooooo bad. I know its just the wind, but still... eeek!!

And another one I can think of is windmills...yep I'm scared of windmills... :shk:

~Min

[edit on 9-12-2007 by minnie]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
My phobia is kind of weird.

I freak out if someone tries to touch my belly button. I'm talking really freak out - my skin crawls, I feel sick and I have to GET AWAY!!!!! Luckily this is something that can be avoided in day to day situations.

This is not so weird... I freak out about it too! It definitely makes me nauseous. I don't even like it if the waistband of my pants touches my bellbutton.

I am also afraid of water that I cannot see the bottom of and clowns. Also, I am completely afraid of anything happening to one of my pets. I mean, total paranoia about that. But that is a reasonable fear, at least.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHypnoToad

I have a 'fear of fatness' around my mid-drift.

Does this count?

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHypnoToad

It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

It makes my skin crawl just thinking about someone touching my belly button.

I also have an almost phobic aversion to back hair. *shiver*

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yes Ducky...those are the kind of needles I'm affraid of. And I do tend to avoid medical doctors. It's a good thing I'm so healthy
Any time I have to have blood drawn... I have to be laying down when they do it because I pass out cold! I always had to call my mom when my son needed stitches if his dad was traveling, I can't sit there with him when they do it because I pass out. I try, but then I end up on a hospital bed too

I don't know why? I just can't mentally handle it.

And for the rest of you.... I don't care if your scared of me

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Im not scared of you jen!! Well... maybe sometimes... jk! You dont scare me!

[edit on 9-12-2007 by minnie]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Let's combine: "Yours and My phobias"...lololol

Scenerio:

~One Gigantic Spider (Possibly Venomous? It's freak'n fangs are enormous! It crawls on BOTH our tummies...don't know if it will bite?...the bastard crawls around our navel areas..(I'm freakin at this point...what about YOU hon?) The little legs are tickling my tummy, I'm watching the 'fang-area', don't know when it's gonna bite...

Help me Dusey!!!!HELP ME..!!!!

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That's cuz your one of my girls Minnie!!
[[[hugs]]]

I also don't like bee's...I'm allergic to them, but not scared of them..I just don't want one any where near me

[edit on 12/9/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

I also have an almost phobic aversion to back hair. *shiver*
Watch any Greek movies often?

Or is it long flowing black hair from underarms?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My phobias are:
1. Heights
2. Water; I almost drowned during swimming lessons cause the teacher didn't believe that I didn't know how to swim so he threw me in the deep end where I sunk to bottom. Not real fond of bald men now either.
3. Snakes I hate those things and they rate right there with bats flying evil rodents.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

ThankYOU for sharing you phobias!

One of my other phobias is:

*Abandonment* - ask me about this

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
LordInfamous's quote,

ain't to fond of possums...wouldn't call it a phobia though.

Possums are a quite peaceful and loving animal LordInfamous. Sure they open their mouths wide with sharp teeth, but it's mostly all bluff. They aren't too bright ( 15 beans I believe) and are quite slow. I've seen plenty in the wild and even had one for a pet. Actually it turned out to be 11, because she had babies in her pouch. After a serious bath in flea soap and a good brushing she (Misty) was beautiful animal. All the babies survived and were later released back into the wild. I do not fear any animals and respect them for what they are.

My only fearful encounters were with humans. My daughter and I were walking out of a K-Mart store one night when a group of 6 guys surrounded us. I'm not sure what they wanted, as they kept coming closer. My daughter started crying. My adrenalin kicks in with fear. I start screaming to the top of my lungs, "Leave us Alone!" All of a sudden I got the idea of acting, like I was Crazy. I can't quite remember what I did, but they took off running. I have no doubt.... if they would have touched a hair on my daughters head those guys would be pushing up daisies today! God only knows where the strength came from.

[edit on 12/9/2007 by MountainStar]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm not very fond of snakes. Have only touched about 3 in my 23 years of life. Just don't like it very much.

I use to be afraid of heights, still kinda am as I get vertigo easily. But I seem to have gotten use to it.

I don't like getting shots either, any needle I see makes me quiver.

Now my HUGE phobia is Bees. Oh my gosh when I see one I run the other way like an atom bomb just went off. Thats some thing I've never been able to get over. Not to long ago, I was at work and needed to help our cook throw out some expired chicken. As soon as we stepped out side, about 20+ bees swarmed the chicken (I don't know why, they seem to love rotting chicken).
I totally freaked out and ran as fast as I could.

Another incident happened while I was driving, had the window down and my arm resting on the window. I then felt some thing on my arm and took a look. It was a wasp.

Yeah I nearly crashed the van I was driving. Managed to stop as I had flicked the wasp off my arm. I got out and the wasp fell to the ground, and I went Godzilla on it's arse.

God I hate bees.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Slash

Bees suck dude! My biggest phobia is needles, man I hate those things. Always have, I once tryed to run away from the doc when I was like five, and in 7th grade they had to get 4 nurses to hold me down. I've gotten better with them but I still get all pale and liteheaded when I see one.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Slash

Snakes?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Slash

When it comes to getting needles in my arm (medical reasons) I always give up my 'right arm'.

Somehow, doctors 'frown' upon this, and always ask for the 'least-used-arm'.

"Why for?" I always give em my 'good arm'/most used arm...

My most 'strong arm'..."here..take it!!!"

That ought to throw them off....lololol

Ducky~

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

*Abandonment* - ask me about this

~Ducky~

Ok, why Ducky?

Duezy yours was a ripper! I had a good laugh,until I read you could be reduced to tears by it.

Jen you sound like the Missus,she is terrified of needles.she is also allergic to bee`s and if stung swells up like a balloon at the location of the bite.

She hasn`t got a full phobia of spiders, though I have to deal with them for her.But when she was a little girl around 2-3 her folks found her with a Huntsman (the top pic which are very common here) half in her mouth chewing on it
they get up to about 15 cm or 6 inchs thats quite a meal for little girl.

Ok me.

Nothing that could be called a real phobia but if I didn`t keep them in check they could be.........

Flying I do it as little as possible,though have flown a plane ( not landed it)on one of those $200 flight jobbies.

Dentists (not needles, the drill from childhood where not enough anesthetic was used) .Side note one advantage about going to the dentist is when I find a dentist to be a bit boring,he/she never knows when I`m yawning.

A little claustrophobic,not like in a lift,but I realized I had it when I worked as a pipe inspector at a natural gas refinery, where I had to go down pipes on a board with skate board wheels with full breathing apparatus on with full face mask,sometimes up to 150 metres down a 2 foot dia pipe,I had to tell myself to keep calm when I had strong urges to stand up when the air lines got snagged or to turn around but couldn`t.Besides that it was a very dangerous job.

Crowds,when there just too many people,see above a little claustrophobic

Thank you! the Missus just yelled out one more she knows I have,sitting in the Doctor`s surgery on none fumigated seats,sitting amongst groups of people who may have goodness only knows what,filthy bush wacking animals the lot of them.Oh for the good ole days when Doctors made house calls.

Clowns
Its more than simple dislike but not a phobia, somewhere inbetween.

Thats all I can think of at the momment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join