It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phobias: What scares YOU?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Dgtemp...inspired me with this one

I'll start it off with a few of 'my phobias':

1. Fear of Spiders - I keep thinking that the lil buggers are going to jump and bite me. The ones with the big plumpy arses..gets to me. Can't stand the HUGE webs. I have nightmares about these critters.

2. Fear of Poverty - I don't want to see my family 'do without'; I work hard to negate that fear.

Now...

Tell me a few fears of YOURS?

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hey Ducky! Well you saw my phobias first hand..biggest ones..
Heights and Bridges
Deep water
Snakes
blood
Bees

I have no fear of spiders..I just squish the little buggars.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Coulrophobia
Or to the layperson: fear of clowns.

I don't like not being able to see a person face. Even if it is just makeup. Its creepy.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
1. Fear of Spiders - I keep thinking that the lil buggers are going to jump and bite me. The ones with the big plumpy arses..gets to me. Can't stand the HUGE webs. I have nightmares about these critters.

~Ducky~

Hey! I don't bite people.
Well, not anymore.

I am afraid of deep water and murky water, mainly because I have enough trouble keeping trick of left right, in front and behind, never know what might be below or above me.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'd say spiders too. Not very afraid...just a little. Especially weird looking ones, when they come out of nowhere. I think it's fun to put them down the drain.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Please squish them for me? AD..you are my hero!

The funny thing is, even though I fear spiders (still have a respect for them tho), I refuse to end their lives under my shoe. I have a respect for all lifes...ok..um NIx THAT.. SQUISH the mosquitos...(blood sucking/life draining MO..Fer's...can't stand those varments)

Heights? I have no probs with that. Seriously! One day, I want to go handgliding with one of those instructers! Not sure about the parachuting (at 2's and 10's with that one). Oh FRiggg..I remember asking if you'd come and view NEW YORK on Nov. 5th. Ya poor thing, you didn't want to even see all the beautiful lighst from the height we were on. That's ok. I respect that. Um..Hubby's the same way.

Deep Water - I have no fear - On my real fathers side - Deep sea fisherman; I had many chances to go with them. I don't have sea sickness. One day I hope to Scuba Dive!

Snakes - Played with them when I was a kid. Doesn't bother me. If Canada was over-ridden with Anacondas, Boa Constrictors etc, then I'll think twice. Out of sight...out of mind.

Blood - Been around it so much in my life (Family battle-scars/cuts/bruises/bone breaks/Nursing courses) This is the least of my worries. Rest assured, if you were bleeding around me, I'd be quick to perform First-Aid! Mabey I'm de-sensitised?

Bees - Ok...I don't have a fear of them; just a major respect for the lil buggers. Anything that concerns a 'hive' of some sorts, I stay away from. Ask me about the time when I was a little girl, and sat down next to a swarm of yellow-jackets? I live today, only because a kind soul saw fit to grab a water hose, and spray the 'whole' nest off of me Almost didn't make it to the hospital. Still to this day, NO FEAR of bees/hornets/etc.

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I hear ya enjoies! I most SURELY DO!

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Ya don't bite people anymore? lololol Thank God

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Snakes. I am so afraid of snakes. When I see one I get all freaked out and imagine it on me.

I've become pretty doggone good at shooting their ugly heads off.

The fear of not being able to breathe is the only other and worst fear I have. Having asthma is probably why I have this fear.

Oh I almost forgot. Loosing my Internet connection ranks pretty high in the fear factor too.

I do pretend I'm afraid of spiders when my SO is around. It makes him feel like superman when he squishes the mean old spider. My hero.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My phobia is kind of weird.

I freak out if someone tries to touch my belly button. I'm talking really freak out - my skin crawls, I feel sick and I have to GET AWAY!!!!! Luckily this is something that can be avoided in day to day situations.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Ok...(slight smile on my face...lololol)

If I were to go up to you, and touch 'around' your belly-button area, you'd freak out on me? What the?!??! lololol

Why hon?

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

How many times did it happen that you're afraid of it?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

FROGS!!!

That's about it!!!!!

Ribbit.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of anything really, though I will admit that big spiders make my skin crawl sometimes. Though, if I had a chance to study them and be around them, it would probably be an easy fear to overcome.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

If you tried to touch my belly button I would start squirming around, trying to grab your hands and making pathetic whining noises, and then I'd start screaming for you to stop. If you didn't stop, I'd probably hit you to try and get away. I wouldn't mean to and I'd feel really bad about it after, but I'd be in some weird fight or flight situation according to my subconcious and would take all steps necessary to escape the dreaded belly button toucher.

I have absolutely no idea why. :shk:

It's happened to me a lot more often than I would have liked. My ex used to try and stick his finger in my belly button all the time, because he thought it was funny when I would start screaming at him to stop and try to get away.

It's possible to reduce me to tears with prolonged belly button touching.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Duzey]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Lots of things are scarey to me but i would have to say crackers. No not the nut cracker!! The fire cracker. Ive heard of lots of freak accidents involving fire crackers. BOOm It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye.
nuts .

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i ain't to fond of possums...wouldn't call it a phobia though.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have a fear of being lost in the forest, and needles. Needles make me faint almost everytime. I shudder just thinking about needles, shots and having my blood drawn.

Spiders....No! I'm like AD...I just smash them, or if they are really big, I catch them in a canning jar and them scold them with hot water

I know...that's mean

[edit on 12/9/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The good thing about me is, if anyone has a spider in the family they call me to go kill it!!!
What babies!!!

Yes, i am the official SPIDER SERIAL KILLER. Some times i just shooo it away. They're ok.

They dont jump and they're not slimey!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth I catch them in a canning jar and them scold them with hot water

If I was a spider I'd have a phobia of Jen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join