It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

high gas prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Consumers are increasingly seeking ways and solutions to stop gas prices eating away at their pocketbooks, savings, credit and disposable income.
the only way that we can get rid of high gas prices is to find some tips on saving gas, through

gas pump tips.

Mod Edit - added external quote tags.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Is this an ad? I am pretty sure that is not allowed.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Did a quick one thru of the page I dont see any thing for sale so I think its just an advise page. It was a quick one thru thow may have missed something.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What excactly is the price per gallon in the States at the moment?

For the first time ever i just paid more than £1 a litre, thats about $8 per gallon. Far and away the biggest slice of that goes right into to government coffers.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Manta has a good point. As much as we complain about gas ("petrol") prices here in Canada and the US, it's normally at least double the price for most places in Europe. I may be wrong, but I think I heard gas prices in Norway were as high as £2 a litre ($4 a litre.) Here in Canada everyone gets outraged whenever gas passes the $1/litre mark
. Where I am, it's still hanging around $0.98 I think. Last year there was an all-time high of about $1.10. All the gas stations had to finally add a third digit to their signs.

When I was a kid (I'm talking like 8 years ago) I can remember gas being under $0.70 for the most part. I think I can vaguely recall it being in the $0.30 range at one point in the distant past.

When you look at the graphs,

things look pretty bad

But when you take inflation into consideration...

[edit on 12/7/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
its about 3-4$ a gallon here in the states..i rememerb the days it was only .99$ for the same...the good old days of being able to feed yourself and drive around while you do it.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
There's been a few good points from both sides of the argument in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's getting bad out there.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Indeed it is, I find t odd that oil prices are curenty down so why keep raising gas prices? Its the bush-effect..cursed Zapatta oil!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I don't want to admit that I'm old, but I remember seeing gasoline when I was a child at $0.12USD a gallon.

I think, hope, that these high gas prices are the last gasp of a dying industry. If new methods of propulsion are near, as we keep hearing about, then these artificially high gas prices could be because the Big Boys know what's coming, and want to squeeze the last dime they can, before the bottom drops out.

If capacitor improvements can make the electric car a real competitor in the marketplace, oil futures will drop drastically, long before the cars ever arrive. The big producers will want to sell as much of their product as they can before it's not needed as much.

One of the reasons I wonder if this might not be true is the refinery situation. Money isn't being put into building them, even in oil rich places like Venezuela. It seems that there is a "feeling" that the long term returns will not be there. Big business naturally keeps it's finger on the pulse of future trends, and spends it's money where it knows there is a long term profit margin.

Could all of this be part of a conspiracy, involving technology that is suppressed? Sure. Corporate spying is just as rampant as government spying. Whatever is the cause, it seems suspicious.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well in the midwest (eastern Missouri and western Illinois) we are paying about $2.59-$2.79 a gallon that is about 3.785 liters so here in the states we really have nothing to complain about when compared to the rest of the world's gas prices.. I am sure that is won't last though

Respectfully
GEO

top topics

join