It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time slips, anyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is slightly off topic, in the sense that it isn't about time, but people, and was brought to mind by the post of Frayed1.

A few years ago will driving across Texas, saw what seems to have been several versions of the same person. At the time I was a contractor working for some far flung school systems, inspecting and painting ballfield light towers. The job took me to many small rural communities all over central Texas.

The first time I saw this "person", I was at a school where he was the groundskeeper at the school; mowing and working on a tractor in the area I was working in. He was about 35, brown hair, 6 foot, glasses; an average person, in no way remarkable. I had no reason to talk with him, but I did see him up close a couple of times that day.

The next day, at least 150 miles away, I stopped for gas, and the same guy was at the register when I went to pay. The same haircut, the same glasses, the same everything, except this time he was dressed different. OK, while I was a bit taken back, I remembered the old saying about everyone having a double, so I just shook my head and went on.

A couple of days later I was in another town, and at least 75 miles from the first to sightings of this guy when I saw him again. He was a town cop in a little one horse burg I was passing through. He was on the street outside of a business, and I passed within20 feet of him. The exact same person, except this time he was in uniform. I almost pulled over to flag him down, but thought better of it, as I was starting to doubt my own sanity, and didn't think I wanted a cop to do it for me.

A few days later, on my way home to Oklahoma, I stopped at a rest area for a bathroom break. There he was at a picnic table, reading a book and munching on a sandwich. I walked over and started a conversation. He must have thought I was nuts when I asked him if he had a brother, which he said he didn't. He said he was on his way from Galveston driving straight through to Nebraska, where he lived. He left in a car with Nebraska plates.

I have never figured out just what I saw on that trip. None of the versions of this guy seemed to be a ghost, though I didn't pinch any of them to check for solidity. Maybe there was a rampant Nebraska sperm donor loose in Texas 35 years before I came along, or else cloning is a lot further along than I ever imagined.

Whatever happened, that trip ranked right near the top of my own personal weird-o-meter red line.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

You mentioned "Now, I've heard of people LOSING time, but gaining?"

I had the same reaction when I had gained that 10 minutes driving home. I began looking for anything on the subject and couldn't find anyone who'd ever mentioned or studied it. I even had an occassion to mention it to Bud Hopkins on Dan Ackroyds never aired show "Out There" and he just brushed it off in my opinion.

As for NGC2736's person in various cities. In the 70's, I decided that there are about 20 faces with different variations of the human face throughout the world. It seemed like every base I went to, there were people I'd grown up with, gone to school with, and seen in my various home towns. Heck, my 15 year younger brother's Air Force basic training photo was virtually identical to mine. Then after he ended up in jail, I thought I saw him driving a truck behind me one day. Kinda creeped me out.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Although there seems to be quite a lot going on in certain parts of the USA, judging by the accounts I've encountered... Some of the reports (especially from the northern parts of the USA) seem to be coming from places that were supposedly shunned by the native peoples of the areas in question.

My theory is that there are certain places on this Earth where the "fabric" of spacetime is either thinner than elsewhere or torn or something.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

My theory is that there are certain places on this Earth where the "fabric" of spacetime is either thinner than elsewhere or torn or something.

I agree.
In fact, I've been trying to identify them - and possibly a systematic pattern, if there is one (I am not at all certain that they are permanent).

In the cases I mentioned - the ones that were "shunned by the native peoples of the area" - the common element seems to have been magnetic activity of some kind (there were usually some huge rocks around, which the "Indians" traditionally feared, according to local accounts).

If you know - or suspect - of any such place, ANYWHERE in the world, please, do let me know. ; )

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwhint
reply to post by Vanitas

Thanks for responding Vanitas and to answer your questions, no I never reported my experiences until recently to anyone for fear of being labeled a crazy, because I was from the gov sector. Looking back I wish I would have and did this event change anything in my life, how about all of my life changed and what I was doing before this event is just a thing in my past and what I went into would blow your mind so the Pres candidate Kusinich and I are in total agreement on career steering in ones life.
Thanks for your post, gwhint

Thank you for your post, Gwhint.

And, you know... it's not too late to start posting them now. ; )
As you can see, there ARE people who are genuinely interested in such accounts.
I know I am more than "interested" - I think they are vital for the understanding of the true nature of our world, and thereby, of our lives.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
The 'voice from the future' mentioned in the above, sounds somewhat similar to my other experience....

Most interesting...
This is another type of phenomenon that I'd LOVE for someone to explain, especially because something similar occurred to me less than a year ago (although no "repetition" seemed to be involved - in other words, whatever it was I only perceived it once).

There is a short underground passageway - under a city street (not an avenue, nothing particularly wide, just an ordinary two-way street) - near my former home that I used to cross every day for many years (until a few months ago, when I moved). I was so familiar with it that I could walk through it blind-folded, if necessary.

The day that I am talking about (it was early evening, actually), I was walking towards the stairs that lead down, into the corridor. There were two or three girls hanging around the entrance to the staircase (nothing extraordinary so far ; )). When I was about 15 metres or so from the entrance, suddenly a blood-curling scream came out of the passageway. The girls obviously heard it too, because they all turned around and looked towards the stairs, to see who would emerge or what would transpire.

What immediately struck me as strange was the fact that, after the scream, NOTHING, no sound whatsoever, was heard - and this is a passageway where the echo of every single step resonates right to the top of the stairs. That worried me: I was afraid that I would find somebody lying there - and I didn't even have my cell phone with me (to call for the ambulance, if needed). The girls just stood there, as if frozen, and watched me descend the stairs.

But there was something else that I also found very unusual: unless the person who screamed had been alone all the while, I should have heard the steps of whoever made her (it sounded like a woman) scream like that, even if that person was going in the opposite direction. Moreover, I should have SEEN that person emerge on either side of the street. There was time enough for me to see him/her while I was still walking towards the stairs - the passageway is not a very long one.

But I didn't see anyone coming out of the passageway on either side of the street, and I didn't hear anything.

That worried me even more. I braced myself for a possibly unpleasant encounter (cursing myself all the while for having left the phone at home).

But there was nobody in the passageway. It was completely deserted, and no steps were heard anywhere. There was no sign of any unusual going-on anywhere; and certainly no sound.

As you can probably gather, I only mentioned the girls because they were my only "witnesses", my only proof - to myself (not that I am prone to inexistent "sights & sounds" ; )) - that they had heard it, too, and from the very same direction. (There was no other place around from which an echoing sound like that could've come, anyway.)

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I might as well post this here, too - the mother of all "time slips"... ; )

The two English 'time travellers' of Versailles

I hope you enjoy it.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The thread i came for ..i suppose.

Yesterday (Sunday 09 Dec) we lost time ,i first noticed time on my pc was behind ,checked satellite and time on tv was fine after doing an auto reset,then noticed my cell's time as well.Everyone spoke about it today only..we wanna know what happened to our minutes that works out to approx +-13mins.

The thing is we have no proof as we know pc's lose time,so do satellite tv and 3G cells...but our battery operated clocks on the wall is the bother.

Myself did not take it serious at all,as i know technology does funny things,but when my wife and sister noticed all their clocks went behind after being late this morning,i had to reset my mom's moto cell,it lost the GMT+2 as well...ALL OUR WALL CLOCKS lost time exe for one kept time,and its also an AA batt operated one.

Not a train smash ,but not any of us on our property can recall a certain time yesterday,i remember i was watching the football match on Arsenal when my pvr decoder reset itself.Logical explanation there is,i do not doubt..but this time lapse was noticed by 6 adults,family members i admit.

Weird for us ,but i suppose there should be an explanation? Or did anyone else also have cocky clocks/pc's/cells going wrong Sunday the 9th at +- 16:00 GMT+2?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Thank you very much for posting this, Qonone.

And please, do let us know if and when you find out more about what may have happened to you.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

P.S.

Qonone, IF you feel at all inclined to do so, you might want to consider sending me a message about this, to post it in my (non-commercial) blog dedicated to first-hand (and preferably recent) accounts of "time slips" - either anonymously or with your full name - to the email address I provided earlier in this thread.

Our.lady.of.time AT gmail.com

(Yes, the "name" is an inside joke. : ))

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
after reaching deep stages of breathing techiniques and mediational states, I find that time slips occur naturally. i believe this happens because you distance yourself from the physcial realm by focusing on your 3rd/wisdom eye and reach out to another dimension, if you will. and when you snap back into the physical realm (see through two eyes, hear, smell, taste, feel, ect.) time has moved an hour or so depsite it seeming like five minutes. i think this is because when time slips occur, things are happening in another dimension where time doesn't exist at all.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

That's very useful advice. ; )
Thanks. There's never too much concrete advice (as opposed to idle speculation) on techniques that might prompt such a "shift".

All I can say from my own (limited but very indicative) experience is that the one time I actually heard what I have every reason to believe to have been a sound from a distant past, my mind was pleasantly "blank", following an intense meditation (just in the sense of reflexion, not as a technique) about the past of the place where I was.

I wasn't expecting anything - I was there as a tourist, just looking around. In fact, the thought that somethign like that might happen never occurred to me.

I might as well mention - who knows, it may be useful - that I have been an abdomen breather ever since I was a baby. ; )
(I know - all healthy babies breathe like that - it's just that adults usually don't. But I have, for some reason, retained that breathing practice.)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hi Vanitas,

I have mailed you,and yes some extra info confirmed it was not only us affected on Sunday.

We have people who said their car alarms went off and failed to deactivate by pressing the remotes,watches was off but not exact on time missing..or as explained by them stopped.People with their car alarms going haywire lives in proximity of about 20km from me.

I did not ask anyone personally at first as it all came up in conversations today, so i shared my story alike,so these people ain't lying as i never brought my "missing time" up before convo started.

Whatever it was affected the Southern side of Johannesburg as all whom i spoke to lives in the Southern areas.Myself and immediate family live in a nature reserve but we are 10 minutes from large residential areas in all directions.

The main thing is everyone claimed a time between 16:15 to 18:00 when all this went down.In all honesty we have come to conclusion that it could have been magnetic disturbance for reasons of animal behavior.I am giving you the area names affected now Kibler Park,Alberton,Glenvista,Mulbarton ..all areas in Johannesburg,South Africa.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

You say the bus had Montauk on it, it could be linked to a project of the same name. This could explain the time slip as the Montauk project, allegedly, was about time travel and it's effects on the human body. Just a theory though.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hi.
Time slips, so it's not like... um I'm doing this by myself! (whew!)
Ok, I have these all the time, but I am a pretty stable person, so I don't think I am experiencing super early alzheimer's.
Mine are very subtle, but I don't worry about them so much until it gets in the way of normal life, then it's just frustrating. I wear different watches because I have been under the impression that maybe I have an effect on my time peices. I will start my day by synchronizing my watch and make sure it is in sync with my computer clock. But on several occasions I have slipped forward and backwards by more or less than an hour. Never an exact hour, always off the hour by a few minutes. It's almost like someone's saying "Let's mess with her head and make sure she knows it's not a time zone change!"
Furthermore, if I am not wearing the watch, no time issues with the watch in question. My watches have been fully wound and known to be stopped after such an occasion. The watch continues to work but requires winding again. I generally avoid wearing the watches anymore unless it is a special occasion, that way I don't have to play the "watch the watch" game.
Also, when I meditate I make contact with someone (not concerned there, an old friend), but after this contact, I either gain or loose greater amounts of time, so I clear my schedule for contact! Ha ha.

Yep, time is not my forte anymore... I used to be really punctual, but now I am always trying to figure out why I was early putting the children into the van and late getting them to school which is 6 blocks away. The children seem confused by this too. I doubt the school staff are trying to mess with me!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hislittleone

That's very interesting. Thanks!
I do wish more people would tell their experiences.
(I am very hesitant to say "come out", because it's not like they are hiding it or anything... I think it has more to do with the fact that, if it happens to them, they tend to simply not observe it - to turn a blind eye, so to speak. Or even to dismiss it altogether.)

I don' know whether you are familiar with the Reality Shfiters website (I am thinking of it now because I just posted their URL in another thread - I am not associated with it).

Reality Shifts

If you are not, I think you may find it very interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

after reaching deep stages of breathing techiniques and mediational states, I find that time slips occur naturally. i believe this happens because you distance yourself from the physcial realm

I agree that time is associated with the physical existance. I actually have to prevent bouts of meditation because it has been a progressive growth for me for over 30 years. I began by naturally lucid dreaming as a child, it's very natural for me, so I recieve lots of visions for the purpose of observing and learning about the "bigger picture".
To prevent meditation or slipping into a spiritual state I literally have to pick a "grounded" thought and stick with it. My teacher... some call them spiritual guides or whatever, I call mine my teacher.... he/she (sorry no gender) is always present, but not visible or audible in my mainstream life.
The time I spend learning with him/her is so fantastic, I want to spend more time there. i travel through time and space (yes, in my mind) and the lessons that are the greatest are the simplest ones: Fear not, and Be still. I am a much mellower person because of my experiences. I have had to learn to quiet my mind, even emotionally when observing things, why? Emotion is a physiological responce to any perceived stimulus... it's designed to kick you out of that place if you can't hack it.
Well, I am just so happy to meet people who are not strangers to what I do. I know I am not crazy, I discuss these things regularly with my husband who has seen me consulting with my teacher while writing a novel that I am working on.
Ok, sorry I digress... Just wanted to say: Well said!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
Hi Vanitas,

I have mailed you,and yes some extra info confirmed it was not only us affected on Sunday.

Cheers!

Thanks for telling me!
I hadn't checked it in quite a while.
(It's a looong story...
))

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Please can anyone help me understand this experience that just happened, i wont be monitoring this thread, so i hope if you have ANY input you can reply in my thread found at

My Missing Time Experience Thread

Right this is not normally my style, and ive been a strong disbelief in any form of alien life for decades,

However i have just experienced my first account of Missing Time or a possible abduction,
I really need help with what this couldve been,

Right this all happened abour 6 minutes ago according to the time my clock says now,

basically i live in england (i shant say where) and its 2.20am in the morning now (as i write this), The bin bags get collected around 9am every Tuesday morning,
so at exactly 1:47am i had a moment of clarity thinking "oh S**t, gotta take the bin bags out"

So i grabbed the bags and popped out my front door (the time was still 1:47am as i looked at the clock as i walked out) and this is where it gets interesting,

The place where we leave our bags for collection is about 5 seconds walk from my front gate, So taking my 2 bin bags out shouldve taken approx 15 seconds at most,

On my way back down my garden path i hear this noise, it was one of those noises that makes your heart go a mile a minute and the hair stand up on the back of your neck, It wasnt an animal (i know all my neighbours pets, and we have no wild animals here apart from birds)

However it seemed to me i carried on walking straight back in after my supposed 15 second trip to take the bin bags out,

I am still distraught right now however, as when i got in i looked at the clock and it read 2:14am,
Thats HALF AN HOUR for a 15 second trip up my path and back again,

I am not trying to act tough or anything, but i am not scared easily, ive been stabbed, and seen such horrible things in life that pretty much the only thing that has scared my in life is my irrational hatred of moths lol,

Now baring that in mind, since i heard that 'noise' and realised im missing HALF AN HOUR of my life for what shouldve been a 15 second walk,
I am genuinely sitting here shaking and scared to the core,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE,
Can someone give me any idea of what just happened,
or can anyone relate to me on this

-The Living God, Ammon Seth-

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

(Oh, there you are...
)

As I said a few moments ago on the first thread, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Whatever it was, most likely wasn't a "conscious" energy, and so it wasn't directed at you personally.
(I MAY be wrong, of course, even though I am not really a believer in abductions.)

Also, are you 100% SURE that you kept walking after you had heard the sound? (I am asking because you said "it seemed to me".)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join