It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time slips, anyone?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

OK - thanks for telling me!
(I really never check them...:@@

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

"Off" and "on" again is as good a description as I've ever heard...

I know exactly what you mean.

I suspect many others do, too.

(And I wish more of them would tell their stories, too.)

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Time slips can occur when your mind drifts in and out of conciousness. You are still able to function in your material world except your mind is some how lacking stimulation.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Brain2100cc

I suppose that's one take on it, but I have to tell you that the experience I had was not what you describe. I've been on this planet 45 years. What happened to me was not normal.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I have no idea what happened to me. I have arranged to have hyself regressed under hypnosis to see if I can figure out what happened to me. Because it has happened to me repeatedly over the years. Over fifty times that I have written down, and probably that many more that I lost when I returned from Kentucky. No other blackouts that I can recall, (without time slips), but many wierd occourences (sp).

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brain2100cc
Time slips can occur when your mind drifts in and out of conciousness. You are still able to function in your material world except your mind is some how lacking stimulation.

Certainly not in the cases we are talking about here.
I've written extensively about some of my experiences earlier in the thread and mentioned one in the entry called "If these walls could sing..." in my blog..
(I am about to stop feeling bad for mentioning my blog, since it's not commercial.
)

If you read them, you'll see. ;-)

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes! a few of them actually. the first happened about ten years ago. my friend and i were at someones house about 20- 30 blocks from our own in a very framliar location near where we both grew up. we were on our way home at night totally sober and all of a sudden we realized that we were about 20 blocks past out house and could not remember how on earth we got there. we did not remember passing our house let alone going so far beyond it at all. to this day we get a really weird feeling about it.
more recently and more mundanely, i was waiting for a t.v. show to start at 11. at 10.56 i got up to get a cup of water, when i got to the kitchen the clock said 11.16, i didn't beleive it but the clock in my room confirmed. what the hell happened to my 20 min.?
what do these time slips mean anyway? i want to know!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rubyespigares

You're kidding me, Ruby!
If you've read my account earlier in the thread, you know that's exactly, in all the main details, what happened to me, too.

So, we can now safely conclude that:

a) kitchens are a dangerous place, from the standpoint of astrophysics

and

b) for some reason, 20 minutes is the basic "unit" of time-lost.

Of course I am kidding... But I do find it interesting that people often report 20 minutes (give or take a minute) as being the duration of the "missing" time.

Any ideas on this?

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Yes Vanitas, I indeed have that book by Wolf. I have not read that other book. My problem with Wolf's book is that his starting point is a multi layered universe consisting out of infinite layers. Then when somebody forces a subatomic particle to "choose" a certain position/behavior all layers split apart as to accommodate for all options that need to be played out.

But my question now is that those new universes will consist of less layers.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Could someone, please, explain to me how I or someone else can tell if they have had missing time spells?
I am just curious. Like signs that someone could look for or remember if they have had it happen or when it does again if it does.

link   
Could someone, please, explain to me how I or someone else can tell if they have had missing time spells?
I am just curious. Like signs that someone could look for or remember if they have had it happen or when it does again if it does.

link   

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Very valid thoughts.

If I remember correctly, Wolf has a blog. Not a very regularly written one, but still... Maybe he would be willing to discuss this?

OR perhaps you would be willing to write your thoughts down for the "book review" section here, if and when we get it. With other people's replies I am sure it would make very worthwhile reading.

(I know I would LOVE to read about it.)

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphine

Well, based on my own experiences, Dolphine, you just know - can't help but notice it - when something is "amiss" with your own time-frame. We all have what seems to be a rather uniform perception of time; in other words, you and I probably have the same impression of the "usual" duration of, say, one minute versus 20 minutes. (Simpler still: you know how long a single minute as opposed to 20 minutes "feels" like, right? ; )
And so, when you do something that usually takes you a minute, and you have no reason to believe, based on your perceptional experience, that any more than a single minute has passed - furthermore, you even check a set of clocks! - but then it turns out that somehow 30 minutes have passed... then you know. ; )

But, as you can read in this thread, experiences can vary.

Have you had an unusual time-related experience?

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Im not sure if they are "time slips", but I have many many small events that occur. The latest one was while I was driving. I was at a stop sign turning right. There is a truck in front of me, nobody behind me or on the road. Anyways the truck turnes right. Next thing I know the truck is far down the road. I never even came to a stop, because I was in a hurry. The truck was about 1/4 of a mile away...in 2 seconds. Normally I tend to ignore stuff like that, because I think I suffer short term memory loss.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have had an episode where (of course) I was driving, I had just crossed a set of railroad tracks doing 55 then I am being asked by my brother if I am going to slow down and realize I am doing 65 in a 35 zone. Scary!!! Dont know what happened or how I got there so quickly. I have also had a time I was at a friends house getting ready to leave but dont remember driving home, parking my car, changing my clothes and going to bed. i just remember waking up the next day confused on how I got home safely. But that could be an effect of what I as on at the time. Im not sure cause I have only done it twice of what I was on found out im allergic and stopped. My hubby says I had slept walked in one of the places we have lived and that house was the only place I slept walked. Before it I never did and so far since that house I haven't. EXPLAIN that one.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonm56

Please, Jason - share them with us.
OK?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphine

Interesting.
(And I do like your own circumspection as to the possible causes.)

But why do you say "of course" (= that it happened while you were driving)?
I am intrigued.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Several experiences, but here´s one:

There´s this place I used to go every month to get a haircut. Beside it there was a tree, a bench, and behind the bench and tree open meadow. This I had seen many times.

Next time I went there, which was 3 weeks later, there was no bench, no tree and I couldnt see the meadow because a house was there instead. Fully built, fully lived in.

Puzzled I went inside the shop and ask the haircutter when they built that building. They didnt understand why I was asking. "A few years ago. Around Christmas time".

Time-slip in the sense that I was on "another timeline" than I had been before.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Amazing... I was just going to write a blog entry about a "time slip" that is one of my favourites because it involves no less than a disappearing hill - and there you are, with the first such story that I've ever heard first-hand.

Please, do share the other experiences, too, whenever you feel ready.

N.B. I've just tried to find the story online, so it wouldn't appear as if I were fishing for visitors to my blog... I haven't found it, although it's a famous one. It happened in 1954, at Wotton Hatch, England, to a Mr. and Mrs. Allan.
See if you can find it; or I'll try again later.

EDIT: I did find it - here

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join