It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Indian Lake Project

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

I honestly didn't notice. Was that the only officer?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

I believ it was the only officer. I will look through them again.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
fellow researchers,correct me if i am wrong,but does he not state in the first blog that the officers face in the photo was already hidden when he received the photo? i also wish to add that i have very old family photos damaged by smoke and water in a house fire that are as grungy as these show to be; however the actual photo is still crisp and sharp underneath as these show; i am by no means a photo expert of any kind and have never attempted to use photo shop or any photo editing software, but imho i feel this may have many elements of truth to this tale.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
While researching I came across this video. Not directly related to the John's site but it came up in my search of the indian lake project. Very informative, and scary if it is true.
Monarch II Video

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
but does he not state in the first blog that the officers face in the photo was already hidden when he received the photo?

Very true. The photo presented itself with the officers face blanked out. Or that is the assumption given the authors adjoing text.

Case closed. Nice hoax/story-telling.

Unless MK Ultra used photoshop back in the 50's

Or the original owner of the box could have done it but I thought the author had the originals?!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

concentration camps didnt end with the nazis apparently and to deliberatly poison someone is the same as the act of murder even if the victim doesnt die from being poisoned.from what i understand of the plan of G-D revealed in the bible everyone that has ever lived is going to be resurrected to life again out of their graves----------------but the ones that knew what G-Ds plan was for humans to become/transformed into G-D beings at the end of their human lives after the resurrection but defied their Creators in exchange for the fame /money/power of this life------------might have blown their chances to live forever---------------the depths of depravity that some allow themselves to sink into--------------you have to wonder how far G-Ds mercy can be stretched.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

New member, please forgive mistakes.
I took the liberty to reverse the "symbol" and stitch it on the left side.
If indeed this is half of the symbol and the left side is the same, it will look something like this.
www.boomslanger.com...

I will read the instructions on how to post images directly.
Added:
I should have said it's the image from the civilian and officer with the symbol on the wall behind them.
www.boomslanger.com...

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Jakman]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakman

Hey, great first post! Now if only one of us could figure out the pic.

I was just thinking that part of it looks like a somewhat modified, elongated Omega symbol.

[edit on 12/4/07 by 123143]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the comment, 123143.
This could also be an ink stamp directly on the photo like the ones on the childrens and not actually on the wall.
I've been looking at alot of symbols and insignias and the only ones that come close so far are the "atomic wheel" and some religious symbols.
But not close enough.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaferwerks
Now I could be wrong but I could almost swear that I have seen a picture of that female SGT w/ the child somewhere else. I just may be associating some that I have seen that was similar.

yup thats what i said to myself when i saw the pic.... i know i saw it somewhere before but i cant seem to recall where i saw it before.

i also dont think that the woman is the same woman in the other photo as the owner had mentioned on his site. shes too short.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

ok op says his uncle found the box and it's contents and passed it to him at his death; so now the question is, did the uncle disguise the face or was it like that out of the box?

also,that one photo of the german officer that "mary" claims to be her dad; he looks familiar; just have to see if i can remeber,could be from a documentery on ww2......

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I've been off of the site for a few months but started following this thread the other day when I saw it. This greatly piqued my interest.

I just happened to be speaking to a friend of a friend who is from upstate NY somewhere, and I asked if this person was familiar with Indian Lake. The answer was yes. I then asked if they knew of any military bases or activity there, and the answer was, "yes, I believe so."

They said that when they were young (about 20 years ago), there was a scout camp there and at least some of the buildings were "military barracks repainted on the outside but still identical inside." Coming from a non-military person, I find that remark odd, since all of us who have been in the service know that the WWII-era barracks are all identical inside. This person evidently was struck by the fact that the interiors were identical and remembered it for 20 years. They said that there wasn't much they remembered except that now that I mentioned it, this person found it peculiar that at this particular scout camp the children were never taken on hikes in the plentiful nearby woods, at least not more than within visual distance of the buildings. I asked if this person got the impression that the camp staff was making an effort to keep the children's curiousity down regarding the surrounding area, and they said yes.

That's all I was able to learn, this person was very friendly and approachable and I'd be perfectly willing to bring up the topic again if anyone can think of things I can ask.

KTK

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Interesting new development there, thanks for coming back and filling us in.

I wouldnt mind seeing if you could get a location so we could have a google earth looksy.

Can you see if your friend has old friends or neighbours that may know more, did anyone in town work there,etc ?

See if they know for sure if the camp is deserted.

You just may be the key to debunking this once and for all, or even finding proof that what john says and has is true.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Russian5

I use a few versions of PS too...and I have TONS of "grunge" brushes....which look like they were used here.

I also wanted to say that the pictures of the 3 kids....really do look current. Especially the girls hair cut and the fact she is wearing a colored tshirt. Im not sure exactly when colored tees were made for children...but if you look at most pictures of kids from that era....I dont think you see many girls wear tshirts. Just something I noticed. May not mean anything!

With that said. Sure would make an excellent movie/book! I was hooked....until things started seeming "off"

[edit on 11-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ya, I feel pretty good about this being fiction. The work Russian did did it for me. Also when John never responded to my email at all. That in itself speaks volumes. I am sure he has been to this site, may even be posting in here, and knows that we are merciless to hoaxers. If he is telling the truth he really has nothing to lose by coming here.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
OK folks I had another discussion with my source and found some info of questionable utility to this mystery, but I will share it nonetheless.

First of all while I have your attention-- this person was able to name names and dates of birth about something, I do not know if it would be prudent to share that info in a public venue. In fact most of what they had to tell me related to these people, though the connection to the ILP, or even the area, can not be proven. If someone could clarify for me if I would be allowed to post that, please do so.

I am not a natural skeptic nor a natural believer, I take everything that interests me and enter into research with an open mind, willing to go any way that evidence leads me.

Let me start by saying some of my own comments that I did not before. I am not a huge military history buff, but I did my time (almost 15 years total) in the US Army and I have seen enough photos of old uniforms to know a few things. The vintage of the uniforms in most of those photos I can say for sure is post-WWII and pre-1970s. The edges of the insignia are of the style used around the Korean conflict era, as well as things like lapel taper and button spacing. Lots of little things just struck me. One thing that was unusual, though I'd have to go back and look again, was the degree of "50 misson crush" on the cap of the officer with the edited face. It looked too crinkly, I can't imagine an officer having a hat look like that, even given the "crush" look, something just rubbed me wrong about that.

The photo of the gate/sign with the "Indian head" painted on it. I know the 2d ID has a different-style head on a star and shield, but I showed it to a 2d ID re-enactor and history buff (just the cropped insignia), and he said it was NOT any insignia ever used by the 2d ID. In fact he said something interesting that ties into what my source who went to the scout camp said-- he said it reminded him of a logo for some scout program. I was in the Boy Scouts of America myself and the only thing I can remotely think of is the Order Of The Arrow, but a bit of searching got my rusty brain to recall that there was no such logo (that I can find) from the Order of the Arrow.

My source added that the camp was operational in 1985 or 86 as a Girl Scout camp, as far as they know. I did some obsessive online searches and only found mention of a couple camps in that area, neither a scout camp. The first is called 4H Camp Overlook, still in operation, and whose construction seems to predate the ILP, according to their history. The second is Camp Owaissa, which either is/was in western Massachusetts with some ties to Indian Lake, or was a very obsolete camp with only one mention of being near Indian Lake. I do not think Owaissa exists anymore.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Wow, I am surprised nobody has commented on this.

I just found out I live so close to Indian Lake that it shares the same weekly newspaper as my little town!

Folks I am starting to have lots of possible leads to share, but there are a lot of names involved, I just do not know how proper it would be to post the names and bio info on people who could possibly be completely unrelated to this. Yet I do not know how else to pursue it.

KTK

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Share what you know using fake names. If it needs further research then we can get the amigos or mods opinions from there.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
OK, well here goes...

The potentially most helpful piece of info my source could give me is the following story. I did take notes but I can't find them; I will have to sit down and ask my source to tell the story again.

In the early 1990s a man was accused of murdering his mother in a nearby town. The man probably was guilty, according to my source, as he was known to be a local troublemaker and quite a violent person. He allegedly went into hiding and went to live in the woods somewhere near the lake. According to my source, he surfaced in another nearby town a couple years later, but was a changed person, completely timid and non-confrontational, and extremely nervous. It appeared that someone had forced him to show his face in town, as he kept looking over his shoulder and mentioned to someone how he did not want to be there but had no choice. He allegedly told just a handful of people that he had been living in the wilderness but had stumbled upon some people who had been doing horrible things to him and forcing him to help "clean up" something that he only said was an awful, unimaginable mess, something he had not been involved in but was now being forced to deal with. That's about all anyone could get out of him. He supposedly disappeared back into the woods and was seen one more time in the late 1990s in another town nearby.

Now, mind you, all I asked my source was simply if they had ever heard of any military facilities or any kind of camps near the lake. I did not let on that anything negative may have occurred. I found the tale above rather interesting. Of course, knowing the man's suspected unstable mental state before going into the woods, of course he may have been delusional. Like I said, I remain not a believer nor a skeptic, simply a person who is objective and trying to see both sides of the story.

One of these days I've got to make a trip out there myself, it's really not far from me. I am thinking if I could get ahold of some topographic maps, I may be able to predict the most likely places for anything to have been constructed, even the elevated roadbed that was mentioned previously.

KTK

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Rainmaker

Thanks for taking the time to share that information. Unfortunatly Im on the other side of the world and it be difficult for me to help you research and fact check.

As I said in my first post on this thread I believe this John fellow is something along the lines of a retired author. I cant rule out a foundation story to it all though, every writer has inspiration from somewhere.

If you can find the supposed underground rooms, then at least we know there is a true basis for the story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join