It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Indian Lake Project

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The photo of the little boys and little girls seem to look fairly recent and manipulated to look older. This would be a pretty amazing story if that weren't true.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kaferwerks

Yes we do need to be skeptical. It is healthy

I am going to try and stay objective about this and see how it plays out. I really hope he comes here to talk to us.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There appears to be a symbole over the professors right shoulder in this picture. Does anybody recognize it? Picture with symbol

Also it appears in this picture of the little boy in this link. Picture with symbol.
Maybe someone will recognize the symbol and that might point us in at least some direction.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Let's say this is real. I'm inclined to think so at this point without further proof for a few reasons.
One: the mystery starts out with this person blogging his experience and seemingly isn't in a conspiracy mode. As time goes by more and more damning evidence of different conspiracies are brought to the table damning the government; there's an obvious attempt to connect these conspiracies to a situation he's trying to find out more about. There's a decent into darkness here that is specialized and seemingly without motive other than to uncover a targeted truth.

Two: The photo evidence provided is interesting for a couple of reasons. This guy is a photographer I believe. He has the metal box propped up on professional looking setup with excellent lighting. At the same time though, the scans of the children and people have a really dark tone that's inconsistent in color, I've looked and there's no repetitive patterns as if someone were to "make them old" and I can enhance them easily to have good contrast and brightness. This is sort of typical among photographers or amateur photographers.

Three: The location photos and info is pretty dern convincing. The order submitted makes it even more so. I was thinking that getting some serial numbers off the truck might lead to proof of a military vehicle but given the age I'm not so sure. Serial numbers off the generators might help as well in tracking the "owners" down.

While none of this proves ths to be true, I believe it at this point and I sure don't see this guy coming to this forum. He's in a real situation and is dealing with some real demons. Unless he's willing to submit all the information for everyone to see he'll be boxed into an emotional corner. I hate it for the guy actually.

If this isn't real then it's the best story I've read since Ted the Caver

b

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

It almost looks like the old school atomic symbols...but it could just be my imagination. It would be nice if one of those pictures had a decent view of one the soldiers unit patches...that could atleast point you in some direction

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

The first thing I thought was that it's the "golden EIB microphone". I'm no Limbaugh fan, but I have seen the logo.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If you look at the picture of the truck
[truck picture [/url]
there seems to have been some old sign painted on the side. This could have been abandoned by an old farmer....hard to say if it were military...if it was it an official military truck it would have some sort of dataplate on it...if it was for some covert project like it is being suggested...you would never know...but to get the vin and if you could confirm that it was Mr Johnson's truck used to haul apples to the market and Mr. Johnson jr could confirm that, it could rule military use out.

There is also a picture of a UH-1 Huey taken and posted...The military got rid of those years ago(except some of the twin engine ones that maybe the Marine Corps/Marine Corps reserve MAY have)...if Uncle Sam was going to do some spying or any sort of observation it would definately not be in a Huey. huges 500 or a bell jet ranger would be more likely...

I want to read the book now!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hmm,

I'm no "expert" with photo manipulation, therefore I thought I'd ask opinions on this.

Is it just me? Or does his leg seem to be transparent?

Jasn

EDIT TO ADD: This could very well just be damage to the photo combined with natural shadows.

The thing that caught me as odd was the way in which light and shadow break and merge at the top part of the red box.

Almost reminds me of "magic wand" editing.

Though, as I said, may just be natural or my eyes playing tricks on me.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think they were just standing in bright sunlight and the photo has suffered the effects of weather.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread. John's story is fascinating.
I hope the information on this site is made up as the things mentioned on here make me sick.
Unfortunately though we live in a world where I do not doubt that the U.S government are capable of this.
My only scepticism is if this was real I think they would have taken it down long ago.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

I have problem with this picture too, i didn't noticed the leg but it's all the picture who look strange to me, it look like one of this pictures in video games, especially game about war.
To my eyes it's a cgi work, not human who have take a picture.

But the story could be and maybe is true, we never know what this sick government was/is/will be able to do for their profits.

We vote, they lie, we die, they live.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
After reviewing the pictures and the site, I'm going to go with fake hoax or viral campaign. The pictures are way too clear to be that old.

That and the little hidden catch phrases on the site makes it seem more like a ad.

Just my impressions

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Greetings! This is my first post, I've been a lurker for about 6 months... fantastic community!

I'm THRILLED that I have something substantial to add to this thread. I'm a graphic designer with 12+ years experience in the field and a significant amount of experience in photo manipulation. I stumbled upon this thread and the first thing that struck me is that the photos definitely looked as though someone went a bit too far out of their way to make them appear authentic... rarely are that many photos THAT perfectly grungy, while still looking THAT good.

A clever artist would create his own brushes or heavily modify existing ones in order to dirty up photos and not be caught, or even print them otu and do it manually and then scan them in. I was about to move on, as I don't really have the time or motivation to look for patterns in the photos or to compare any of the resources I have on hand.

UNTIL, the photo with the tape over the man's face appeared. That would be easy enough for me to do a bit of research on, as I knew I had some similar brushes. I tried two of them, BINGO. Not only were they similar, but PERFECTLY align using the default size.

Again, these are the default sizes and even the tears / anomolies match up IDENTICALLY when you zoom in and toggle the visibility on the layers.

Original:
img69.imageshack.us...

Tape one offset:
img104.imageshack.us...

Tape one aligned:
img260.imageshack.us...

Tape two offset:
img260.imageshack.us...

Tape two aligned:
img232.imageshack.us...

Glad I could help!
Russian5

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Russian5

Wow! Excellent work Russian!
Would you mind telling me what the software is that you used?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I used Photoshop CS2 to provide the jpegs. I'm not exactly sure of the brush set name but I'd imagine it was included in some set of grunge brushes (of which I have thousands).

These .abr files can be imported into a variety of graphics programs. The two brushes I matched up were "Scotch 03" and "Scotch 05". I don't seem to have a scotch.abr file so it must be included within another set.

This guy literally did NOTHING to alter them, not even resize or rotate the brush. Its a bit more difficult to tell how precisely they match up by just looking at the static jpegs I provided, but I assure you they are IDENTICAL. I probably could match up the other parts to the other tape brushes I have, but I don't really have the time nor is it probably necessary.

I'd be happy to email the psd I created to anyone interested.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have to say you put a nail in the coffin of this "Conspiracy". I really impressed with how fast you did this Russian.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Russian5

Great work russian5.

We now know that johns has and used Photoshop to hide the identity of an individual on one of the photos.

However, the fact that he used the default brush to perform this could actually lend credence to the authenticity of the site and claims.

For such a high quality scam you would have expected johns to use a custom brush/method for altering the photo.

That being said please continue the your excellent work and check out his other pics.

Stay on your toes folks!

[edit on 3/12/2007 by skibtz]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Observe the protrusion from under the vest of the belly of the man on the left. I don't see a hoaxer remembering a detail like that, but you may be right.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, to me it appears they are just lazy in doctoring their photos. I'd even venture to say whoever did the work probably has some magazine or album cover artwork in their portfolio... that grunge look is widely used very easy to do.

IMO they used the tape and tried to hide their tracks by covering it up with some scribbles. Kind of ironic that they obviously went through a lot of work on all of the photos, but were too lazy to SCAN some actual tape.

Again, I haven't read much of the blog so forgive me if any of the story has relevance to what I found.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I am not screaming full blown hoax yet, but it is odd that he would take the time to black out the face of the one officer and none of the others. Something doesn't jive here and I still say he did a good job putting a nail in the coffin. One nail does not seal it but it is definitley something I would not have picked up on right away.
Thant being said thanks again Russian.

I am studying each individual photo and scouring the internet looking for a break here. I will update if I turn anything up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join