It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Dying?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Originally posted by Conundrum04
Christianity has always been dead. 99.99999% of so called "christians" are hypocrites to the n'th degree.

Come, join us.

we always have room for one more!

Geez.....I don't know.
Should I put my faith in the 99.99999999999999999999999999% "chrisgins" that want me to live by "gods" word(the hypocrites) word, or my word on how to live my life?

P.S. I'm pretty buzzed right now!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

Hi luxor/

It is not so that Christianity is dying as much so as it is changing!
Is this a good thing?
In my opinion it is not!
Although there is still true Christians who follow as it was by the early church.
The changes began awhile back and continue to do so because people set rules of their own accord to fit in with the times, and not the true Word of God as taught.
Today If one wishes to find the truth it is not only difficult, but deceptive as well....how many Christians are true followers of God and how many are only a Christian by name ?
There are many branches of Christianity but there is only one truth that Jesus Christ spoke to His Apostles to lead by His way, and teach what He taught them....if there be others teaching otherwise,then it should not be believed.
There are many paths that each of us can take, but only one leads to the truth...many will say there are many truths....not so!
Each path leads to somewhere and that is a fact!

many people make the mistake of judging and calling others a 'hypocrit' because of their actions.......this is not what a Christian is about.
All actions have a consequence......this goes for all religions and those that do not have a religion and for those that have no one, but themselves to follow!
If people want to know what Christianity is all about, then do not go looking at what other people do and judge them on what you see, but allow yourself to be guided by what Christ said.....
Love one another and above all the Commandements is LOVE.
It is known that St.John was the last to die......he repeated the words Love in His Church quite a lot......(need to find ref)
''If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? (1 John 4:20-21)

also.....

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, (I Peter 3:18)

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed (II Peter 2:1-2).

Christianity is not dying......people let it die because the richness and fullness is lost by those that teach the faith.
the Fullness of Christianity is dying because many make their own ideas of how God established His kingdom......Christ said His Kingdom was not from this earth......He came to establish the Church(Ekklisia...people)so that His teachings would reach the whole world and then the end shall come when all is done.
Revelation speaks to us all.......
In addressing the Seven Churches....in the book of Revelation.
Chapter one 1:4......John to the seven churches which are in Asia
Seven is an expression of complete fullness.......the seven churches spoken of also signyfy the whole period of the churches age, up until the end of the word.
In chapters two and three, the churches are given a revelation(many believe this is for then, but it is not so, being the book of the Apocalypse, it if for something to be revealed..Apocalypto in Greek,literally means to find out?) ........The last church mentioned is Laodicea.........here is not mentioned one good word about the church(as a whole....church age we live in now?)
This church is threatened by the words used quote//3:15-16 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot:I would thou wert cold or hot.So then because thou art lukewarm,and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.''
When one is lukewarm, one is subject to be inbetween......they are in a satisfied condition.
When one is cold....one is indifferent and can therefore chose to know true faith.
one who also knows their sin can chose to be repentant.
sorry going off subject here......

Before the end of the world, the Church will spread to all four corners of the earth.......
The spreading of the Gospel is one of the end of the world signs we are given ....
The Gospel will be preached throughout the world 'for a witness unto all nations' (Matt.24,14; Mark 13,10)
Unto witness for all nations?
This happens before the appearance of the Antichrist comes to deceive many into following him...

Hope all this was not confusing......
take care,
helen

EDIT.....And for those that simply want to attack Christianity in this thread,do so where it is deemed appropriate to do so.This thread ask a question and not an attack!
The post reads 'Is Christianity dying'?
helen

[edit on 12/7/2007 by helen670]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well GW Bush's desparate grab for the presidency kinda proves it!

By and large I would say yes and given that all the power Christians are acting with such desparation and crazy advertisments (Christian rock was virtually in the "closet" just ten years ago), and Walden media pumping so much money into really crappy movies with that "divine" inspiration family entertainment element- came just a little too late.

Its not dying fast enough for me and with that lunatic in the white house with the Patriot Act as a bookmark for his bible- there is a strong possibility he will pull Marshall law (killing a 2008) election, launch an attack on Iran- start WWlll- then they can have their little armmageddon show.

I hope this happens once and for all- so we can get on with our lives and grow up as a peaceful community.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
Well GW Bush's desparate grab for the presidency kinda proves it!

By and large I would say yes and given that all the power Christians are acting with such desparation and crazy advertisments (Christian rock was virtually in the "closet" just ten years ago), and Walden media pumping so much money into really crappy movies with that "divine" inspiration family entertainment element- came just a little too late.

Its not dying fast enough for me and with that lunatic in the white house with the Patriot Act as a bookmark for his bible- there is a strong possibility he will pull Marshall law (killing a 2008) election, launch an attack on Iran- start WWlll- then they can have their little armmageddon show.

I hope this happens once and for all- so we can get on with our lives and grow up as a peaceful community.

yeah like Stalin's Russia

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Stalin's Russia still had religion- they just lacked spirituality- and toilet paper, bluejeans, toothpaste...

I know we can do better. Anarchy is the only way out of this nightmare- and sadly most people are such tools they think anarchy is a society run amok. People really should look it up and see what anarchy actually is rather than running around like loons with someone else's interpretation of it.

I believe in people who think for themselves- everyone else is full of schit and what's worse is its someone else's schit!

Religion is for people who cannot ride through life without "training wheels". It is incredibly empowering to take them off and ride free.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by dk3000]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
...Surely some revelation is at hand;

William Butler Yeats, 'The Second Coming

''"Nihilism is the means, Anarchism is the end."

Those who have suffered immense pain in this world can believe far more deeply than those who have not, that there must be another world.

Fr.Seraphim Rose.
The last true Rebelion

So,
Is Christianity Dying?
"If the world hate you,
ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
If ye were of the world,
the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world,
but I have chosen you out of the world,
therefore the world hateth you."
"In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."-John 15:18-19

I guess one would agree that Christianity is 'dying' because to be called a Christian in todays Modern Society, is to accept death in Christ.....
And I leave you with......

Vassily Ivanovitch Chernyshev, professor of mathematics, who was confined in the Leningrad "Special Psychiatric Hospital", writes: "Although I am afraid of death,
I would rather be shot.
How horrible, how loathsome is the mere thought that my soul will be soiled, crushed!
Man's individuality vanishes,
his brain is numbed,
his sensibility destroyed,
his memory lost.
But what is worse,

above quote, more below/
Declaration to Christians of the Free World

helen

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

how can one be free in a world ruled by an omnipotent petty tyrant who abuses his power?

christians of the free world, quite the oxymoron.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

One is free to do as one wishes!
That's how 'free' one is!
I say this is more so, then thinking, one is living in a 'Free ' country, but is being Watched and told to listen to alot of crap that is being told to the whole of mankind!
So much bull*hit has come out in the media,that if the truth be told.....God help us all.

helen

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

how can you be free when your deity punishes those that simply don't believe with an eternity of the most horrendous tortures that one can (and can't even) imagine?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Want to hear something very politically incorrect?

Christianity is dying because western civilization is advancing from level 2 to 3. Islam is growing because that civilization is advancing from level 1 to 2.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just so that everyone knows, this thread has nothing to do with honest questions about Christianity. I recognize some of the names here as I do battle with them on their U-tube atheist campaign. This is a pro-atheist propaghanda thread to try to either sway people away from belief in God or to make people think that Christianity is dying when it is not. It is atheism that is dying because people are changing their viewpoint on the existence of everyhting from nothing at all. Ask any atheist how he knows the difference between right and wrong. This is a theist (spiritual) viewpoint and it gets them mad. If two atheists see a car and one wants to steal it and the other doesn't, who would be right. The fact that we know right from wrong shows why atheism is dying. I would avoid this thread unless you like dancing around and around and around without end.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
True Christianity cannot die; it is an anvil that has worn out many hammers. That being said, what passes for christianity in the mainstream religion of that name today bears little resemblance to the teachings of it’s namesake. The infiltration and adulteration began almost immediately, indeed Judas was there from the beginning. There has ever been only a remnant.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
it will never die. why? because there are people like me who wont let it die. and who said that beliefs ever die? they go on even when you are dead, passed on to the next. christianity will never die, I can assure you of that.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

i'm sure that the baal worshipers said the exact same thing back before their thriving religion died

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
Stalin's Russia still had religion- they just lacked spirituality- and toilet paper, bluejeans, toothpaste...

they still had religion because this will be with us til the last human checks out

I know we can do better. Anarchy is the only way out of this nightmare- and sadly most people are such tools they think anarchy is a society run amok. People really should look it up and see what anarchy actually is rather than running around like loons with someone else's interpretation of it.

I believe in people who think for themselves- everyone else is full of schit and what's worse is its someone else's schit!

Religion is for people who cannot ride through life without "training wheels". It is incredibly empowering to take them off and ride free.
[edit on 7-12-2007 by dk3000]

or the opposite, it can be empowering and frees people from selfishness and concern for material things.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i'm sure that the baal worshipers said the exact same thing back before
their thriving religion died

good luck with the end to religion, good luck with all that, you would need to reprogramme our human dna- hang on, you would need to be God!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

i'm not sure if ALL religion will ever die, but i'm quite sure that the modern ones will eventually die out.

actually, i think we will eventually rid ourselves of the shackles of ignorance and realize how cold and indifferent the universe is.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i'm sure that the baal worshipers said the exact same thing back before
their thriving religion died

good luck with the end to religion, good luck with all that, you would need to reprogramme our human dna- hang on, you would need to be God!

Baal worship indeed survives, only the names have changed. The spirit behind is alive and unwell.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by resistor]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Christianity has been manipulated and slandered to the point that yes, people hate Christians.

It has been manipulated by political parties, by the Vatican, etc. It has been so manipulated that it is an easy target for atheists etc.

Christ and his message are eternal - but Christianity as a religion is being dragged through the dirt.

This is in no small part because of G.W., the anti-christ, who, being a satanist, fooled an entire nation to vote for him out of their mis-guided religious ideals. He used their faith as a weapon against Good, and now, children in Iraq are dying everyday - an excellent example of the anti-christ brining about the very END which Christians were told to avoid.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

um... it's not that hard for atheists to look down on the message of jesus and the bible. the problems aren't distortion, it's the ignorance prevalent in the time of authorship.
jesus was no revolutionary thinker, all of his good ideas were thought up centuries before him.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join