It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Dying?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Is it wrong that I feel alienated by the blatant arrogance here? Christians trying to put themselves above all other faiths by claiming it’s not even religion, but something else?

The only reason pagans like me may be hypocrites in that we may seem to be doing the same thing, well at least me and a lot I know, also atheists, and many others faiths, is in response to the arrogance of Christians…pushing the pendulum in another direction. If they hadn’t said anything to imply such arrogance in the first place I would not have said anything.

It’s an annoying endless cycle, but really, Christians started it first. And sadly I’ll be one to admit that over the years it’s imbued a general dislike of Christianity in me, and I will admit that I do generalize too much, and I apologize.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Is it wrong that I feel alienated by the blatant arrogance here? Christians trying to put themselves above all other faiths by claiming it’s not even religion, but something else?

No, it's not wrong of you. Unfortunately, Kacen, that is the arrogance of the Abrahamic religions. Christ never intended Christianity to be that way, but, such is human nature...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by royalblood

um... marx didn't control anyone. he put forth an economic system and made social commentary. he was a philosopher....

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The only reason pagans like me may be hypocrites in that we may seem to be doing the same thing, well at least me and a lot I know, also atheists, and many others faiths, is in response to the arrogance of Christians…pushing the pendulum in another direction. If they hadn’t said anything to imply such arrogance in the first place I would not have said anything.

It’s an annoying endless cycle, but really, Christians started it first. And sadly I’ll be one to admit that over the years it’s imbued a general dislike of Christianity in me, and I will admit that I do generalize too much, and I apologize.

I concur

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

Actually, I've heard this recenly as well. I think that there are some obvious reasons for it, and others that aren't so obvious. But what's even more intriguing to me is why is the rate of Islam growing in the US so fast? Wouldn't you expect it to be the opposite in a fear-based, post 9/11 society? Or is it some kind of "simpathy" interest as a result of the occupation of Iraq?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Area_X

Actually, I've heard this recenly as well. I think that there are some obvious reasons for it, and others that aren't so obvious. But what's even more intriguing to me is why is the rate of Islam growing in the US so fast? Wouldn't you expect it to be the opposite in a fear-based, post 9/11 society? Or is it some kind of "simpathy" interest as a result of the occupation of Iraq?

I do think that people here in the US are looking for alternatives to Christianity. Islam may be one of those, its hard to tell what people are looking for these days.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by luxor311]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Reply to Luxor311

I do think that people here in the US are looking for alternatives to Christianity. Islam may be one of those, its hard to tell what people are looking for these days.

You know I actually thought that Islam would decline after 9/11.
But I heard one Muslim scholar saying that after 9/11 the non-Muslims started to get interested in Islam because they really wanted to know how terrorism linked to Islam. But after researching and reading about Islam, they were shocked and they realised that Islam is the TRUE religion and the right path to follow. And they also realised that Islam had nothing to do with terrorism. Only a few people or organisations interpreted the wrong meaning of Islamic teachings and used Islam as a reason to carry out their evil disgusting actions.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
why does it matter if Christianity is dying? would this thread be up if it was Islam or Jeudaism (sp?) that was dying?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by coryblood
why does it matter if Christianity is dying? would this thread be up if it was Islam or Jeudaism (sp?) that was dying?

Thats a lame argument. ATS is here so we can discuss topics that interest us. If It dosent matter to you why post here?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
Reply to Luxor311

You know I actually thought that Islam would decline after 9/11.
But I heard one Muslim scholar saying that after 9/11 the non-Muslims started to get interested in Islam because they really wanted to know how terrorism linked to Islam. But after researching and reading about Islam, they were shocked and they realised that Islam is the TRUE religion and the right path to follow. And they also realised that Islam had nothing to do with terrorism. Only a few people or organizations interpreted the wrong meaning of Islamic teachings and used Islam as a reason to carry out their evil disgusting actions.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

why is it a lame argument. i just want to know it we would be in the same situation here if it were with a different religion. it seems like people only care about Christianity (not meant towards you just a general statement). i also think that Christians brought it onto themselves for almost the exact same reason as the person who posted at the top of this page.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by coryblood]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
But after researching and reading about Islam, they were shocked and they realised that Islam is the TRUE religion and the right path to follow.

Honestly, if there were a TRUE religion which existed in the world today, do you really believe the world would be as woeful as it is? I certainly do not. No, there is not one single religion, organization or group that contains the COMPLETE TRUTH... Not ONE!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Voice of sanity..I agree

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Well, ... I TRY... I don't always succeed, but I give it a go...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My bad, Marx was a philosopher. Your right. It was badly stated. Communist interpreted his writings and some later used that to control it's masses with idealogy that Christianity and Communism could not coexist.

Back to the subject.
Sorry, there were no arrogant intentions, but simply trying to make a point concerning the survival of Christianity.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
These are the end times so of course Christendom is suffering from the prophesied apathy of this time. The Beast is growing in power and influence..... things are progressing just the way they should. No need to worry.... it will/should be all over soon.

It is interesting to note the following though:

1. The description of the Mahdi of Islam fits the description of the Anit-Christ of Christendom.

2. The description of the Messiah of Christendom fits the description of the Dajil (Anti-Mahdi) of Islam.

It's gonna be one hell of a fight. I got front row tickets.

-Euclid

[edit on 4-12-2007 by euclid]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
In Christianity's defense...however, I will say that the arrogant attitude is even more prevalent...albeit more disturbingly, among middle eastern Muslims (specifically my experience was with people from the UAE.)

It was only an internet experience, but trust me when I tell you this, they made people like Pat Robertson and the late Jerry Falwell seem tolerable.

I'm glad I stopped "working" with them, I dealt with the average Middle-Eastern Muslim, three of them, firsthand on microphones. They scared me...

*shiver*

However I've met Muslims from Kuwait, Lebanon, and Malaysia who were cool people, I guess it just depends on the country.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

In Christianity's defense...however, I will say that the arrogant attitude is even more prevalent...albeit more disturbingly, among middle eastern Muslims (specifically my experience was with people from the UAE.)

Well, from what I have seen, I am inclined to agree with you. However, in the particular part of the U.S I am in, you don't encounter an enormous amount of Muslims... So, I have to base my opinions largely on what I read and see on the brain-rot box (television).

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid
These are the end times so of course Christendom is suffering from the prophesied apathy of this time. The Beast is growing in power and influence..... things are progressing just the way they should. No need to worry.... it will/should be all over soon.

It is interesting to note the following though:

1. The description of the Mahdi of Islam fits the description of the Anit-Christ of Christendom.

2. The description of the Messiah of Christendom fits the description of the Dajil (Anti-Mahdi) of Islam.

It's gonna be one hell of a fight. I got front row tickets.

-Euclid

[edit on 4-12-2007 by euclid]

Throughout history The collapse of Rome,life of Christ, fall of Egypt, extinction of the Incan Empire their people said the exact same things in there writings, that it was the "end times" and "the end" was soon.

Even during the great depression as well as the Black plague(1347), many fundamental Christians believed that they were defiantly in the end times.... Did the world end? ...........No

The structure of civilization has changed but the world and human suffering will always continue. The world will never end, just the people in charge change it as they see fit.

The anti-christ that the John of Patmos is referring to has most new testament historians convinced he was referring to the Roman Emperor Nero during the fall of Rome, Nero or "the beast" as he was referred to was determined to destroy christianity for good, he almost did and to them it was the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid

i don't wont to even know what the hell you're talking about here..........moving on

Anything that supports Islam or Christianity from either book is irrelevant, the Qu’ran was written something like 500 years after the bible, so Muhammad would have been able to look at it and write his own version, which enabled him to use references from the bible to simply support anything he says in his book.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by andre18]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join