It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where I am, what i am doing, and why.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
If you have read the entire thread,I hope you observed along the way DK get a warn under his post a couple of pages back for a one line post,yet look at his post and its actually three lines.Then...

Clicking n the warn flag in DK's avatar will bring the post up. In that post for which the warning was issued, you will also find this line;

You really, really are a fool of the highest order.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by D4rk Kn1ght

This is the post I`m refering to masqua on page 8

I`m aware of his red warn and why he got it,is why I didn`t comment on that because he broke the rule.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
An in-post mod edit does not equate a 1-line warning. Records show that DK did not receive a 20 point penalty for the post you refer to.

Furthermore... the rules for 1-liner warns are not simply for a single line of text, they are also for short posts which add nothing to the topic.

A 1-line post which DOES add to the topic should never be warned, imo.

edit for grammar

[edit on 3/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
An in-post mod edit does not equate a 1-line warning. Records show that DK did not receive a 20 point penalty for the post you refer to.

All good and dandy,yet is still a warn yes?

Then why wasn`t Mirthful Me told to stay on topic after a mod had a few posts up, tell a member to stay on topic?

If it were that MM`s comments were before the warn,then why single DK out,and not a general warn for all members to please stay on topic?.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Will all you stop moaning about Gools and stop being little girlies! Grow up and be a man for gods sake! Do you all live in Disney land?

If this is the way your acting now because you don't like Gools attitude what good are you lot going to be if Darkknight fairytale is true?

You better get thick skinned because you'll be good for nothing in any future disaster.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
An in-post mod edit does NOT equate a warn. Warns are penalties and none were given for 1-liners.

As to a general post telling everyone to stay on topic...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(on pg 9)

This thread has devolved into something other that DK's topic and is nearing the point where it will need to be closed.

Further derailments will not be tolerated (echo?)

The topic, please... complaints can be filed using the complaint feature found in your member centers.

edit to fix link

[edit on 3/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Just regarding what DK was saying about this stuff being used in the 1st Gulf War, check this link out.

Read half way down it mentions holograms of Allah.

Ok it doesnt say that this stuff was used but the very fact that it was discussed all that time ago makes you wonder what level of tech the military actually as at its disposal.

Regards

Paul

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
I`d like to comment on this part of your post.
No Gools isn`t trying to be a moderator he is being a member,a member who is a moderator one with an opinion,though he as a member of ATS is supposed to adhere to the same rules as us all.Yet he has mod status and other mods to support him and his opinions.

Yes, and Moderators can have skewed opinions as well. Moderators can act skeptical, or incredulous just as anyone else can. Their job, as moderators, is to try and keep the discussion civil, and make sure nobody breaks the TOS.

Now, admittedly, Gools was acting a bit heated. From my vantage point, I would guess because he is frustrated with the circular, cardboard theories that get enthusiasm and support despite their transparency. He is likely frustrated because he feels this is one of those. He is welcome to feel that way... though he does need to be a bit less heated about it in a couple places.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely comes to mind.If they are not held to the same rules as us all.

Of course they're not. They are likely held to similar rules, with more rules on top of that as moderators. You're going to see things on any privately owned website that will make you scream "Unfair! Double Standard!" and whatnot. I've been around long enough to realize that... yes, it is unfair. Yes, there are double standards. But you buy them when you join the community. Sometimes it's a rotten thing, but ultimately, if Gools steps out of the line of his duties, it'll be dealt with by the other moderators or owners.

DK said this is a witch hunt,there`s some truth for you.

So whats the difference (as rightfully just pointed out by another member above) between this thread and countless other threads with no supporting proof? I`ll tell ya a Mods opinion.

Well, I don't know about that. Other unsubstantiated threads have often involved a lot more back and forth, a lot more speculation, and a lot more skeptical thought playing into things and acting as the sound of reason.

Most of the responses I have read have been ultimately very positive, and for little reason. One might think that people wanted to believe what DK is saying, and that is all well and good. I suppose my own skepticism arises from the apparent stonewalling of information.

As I stated in my previous post, the image that DK linked to looks exactly like standard issue military flares. There is just enough vague information leaked out by DK to be interesting, but not compelling. In a way, it is general enough to play into many people's ideas.

You see, I think something significant will occur in the coming years. I'm a staunch believer of such. I just find DK's account to be ephemerally vague in the details, to such an extent that I can't put much credence to it myself.

What, in specific, is going to happen? Mass Induced Hallucinations? People killing each-other because their non-existent Jesus/Mohammad/Buddha hologram told them to?

Holograms of flesh eating reptilian giants come to sate their thirst upon the ugly bags of mostly water?

I expect, though, that specifics cannot be given. Will not be given. Vague hand-waving about project blue-beam, twenty foot tall projections of holy figures, and other such things might seem to some to be specific... But it is no more or less plausible than having the entire earth shift into another dimension, or aliens suddenly decide to break protocol and enslave the human species.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Interesting video interview concerning the Montauk Mind Control Project:

video.google.de...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Here is part two of the interview:

www.livevideo.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I have to add this ..

Mind control is taking part in our lives everywhere we are.
From flashing red lights on motorways,to make us wary and slow down,to the adverts we watch trying to sell us insurance or washing powder.

I don't know if anyone else here is into studying psychoacoustics..
(The bits of cleverly played music or sound effects that give us the sense of apprehension in a scary movie.. or the 'weepy' music in an emotional scene..)
Eg 'Highlander' when he set the funeral pyre to 'who wants to live forever'
Clever dynamics in the orchestral arrangement to make the emotions swell.
Now watch the same scene without music playing.. different??

The most famous one EVER in psycho.. The discordant shrill violins for the terror shower scene...

Now if that kind of emotional manipulation can be done with only music..Think of the possibilities.

I know psyops was used in the gulf to cause such a mass surrender.
Loud "heavy engine sfx" played just out of sight to prevent troops sleeping and guards to be overly stressed,as they though the army was just about to arrive...It,s nothing new..BUT..

With the modern day abilities in holotechnologies..psychoacoustic methods can be used to cause the auditory senses to overload in the face of even flawed visual stimuli..It's a very powerful sense..

Imagine if you saw a small kitten running towards you and all of a sudden you're ears were filled with the sound of a lions roar unexpectedly.. confusing/scary?
I'll say..
New underpants all round I'd bet..

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Moving this thread to BTS Members forum, where members can discuss themselves and their doings as OP is doing in this thread. Please continue your discussions there.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Dark Knight

I read your threads last night (I joined after your last thread so this debate is new to me) and I find what you have to say quite compelling.

I am a little bit intrigued by your choice of location - do you not expect any tectonic activity to be part of the 'Dark Knight'? I would, personally, be more drawn to continental shield and am curious as to why you chose the location for retreat that you have.

I am also curious about your friend's father...did he learn this information while working for SOE? I don't expect you to know which department or operations he was involved in (and this could of course give away his identity) but I would be highly interested if you would tell me whether he was attached to SO1 or SO2.

Best wishes

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It seems to me that Dark Knight is being picked on in this thread and ridiculed. I am not sure why this is happening, he tells his story in a respectful manner and is not trying to gain followers, simply is trying to warn others about something big he believes will be happening.

How many of us on this site already have a feeling that something big will happen soon? Many I would say. I like DK. I have found him to be considerate and kind to all who he interacts with.

The fact that the couple of Mods, Gools, and Mirthful seem to want to discredit his information makes me think this information is to be squashed and not taken seriously possibly pressure is on from the PTB to make it go away.

Maybe I am wrong, but I feel he deserves an apology.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by D4rk Kn1ght

No. Gools quite simply doesn't believe you. For what its worth, neither do I. I am outside alot for various reasons, and I've seen nothing even remotely as strange as the things you allege. Even if I did, why would I bother going all the way to the Himalayas? Many places much closer to home to go to. Even in Great Britain there are places that are out of the way.

I would ask that you provide a bit more in the way of evidence. Bit less cryptic if you will.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We all know that if someone were to come here and lay out all of their cards and sources the NSA would be on them like flies on rice.

Maybe he is misinformed, but then again, what if he isn't and think about it he has taken a certain amount of risk by even revealing what he has.

If some don't believe that is ok, but for those who do give us a chance to explore more with DK instead of belittling him and running him outta here.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Anybody who has spent the last year trying to "decipher" what this person is "hiding" needs to get a life in my opinion.

I found this to be insulting to the members here as well.

I spend much time on ATS attempting to find truth and am open to explore many unusual claims. Don't believe them all, but I do take the time to research many of them.

Does my hours spent on ATS infer that I have no life? Actually the search for truth is my passion, is my life. I find ATS to be a great forum to do just that. And this is why I am here so much. I do have outside interests and I do "have a life" a full life with my grown children and grandkids. I make time for ATS because it is time well spent.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by interestedalways]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Whilst I think there is a lack of supporting evidence and there are enough holes in DK's story to arouse suspicion, I do believe that he is being sincere in his posts; he genuinely believes in what he is posting and for that he deserves the respect shown to any other member on ATS.

It does seem as if Gools et al have attacked DK in a manner that would not be tolerated if they were not mod's.
Unfortunately it seems that the mod's on ATS can do no wrong.
I have never seen a mod be reproached for anything despite some quite vehement attacks on members, (some quite justified I may add!) and I find that quite disturbing. I thought ATS was better than that, maybe not.

I undestand what Gools was trying to do and that mod's are obviously entitled to their opinion, just maybe a little more constructively.

Anyway, wtf do I know, never been a mod, never want to be one but also never heard a death bed confession like DK and never want to.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Children, please calm down. There's no reason to get all agitated over a thread.

If someone over the internet calls you names do you take it personally?

Now that the bickering has somewhat chilled out, let's get back to the topic at hand.

Dark, I plan on carrying out a similar situation as you are. However, it won't be till I graduate in 2009 (Its taken me over 4 years to get this far, I'm not quitting now
).

A few suggestions for urbanites who've never hiked before:

Learn survival skills on your own: Busting fire, compass and navigating with maps, proper expedition gear (less is more; sunhat is key, knife), leadership roles (go out with some friends for the weekend to a national park), wilderness cooking (BOIL your water), make sure to break your boots in before you plan on 'bugging out', etc etc.

Check out the survival forum for more. If you have any questions, shoot me a u2u.

DK,

What is the next 'sign' you are looking for? I know the time is nigh to leave, but I'm wondering about a second opinion.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've been following the thread and it appears the event will be a holographic event in the skies at several locations around the world and DK is warning us to get out of urban centers before the panic starts.

Who is behind the events is not that important to me. The fact that there will be widespread panic ( alleged) is enough for me to plan a evac route to my rural cottage and plan for the worst.

Am I right?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join