It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where I am, what i am doing, and why.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Amazing.

Simply amazing the ideas that some people have.

If you click on the "thread" button at the bottom of this post you will see all of my posts in this particular thread. Read them again if you are unsure about what I'm about to say.

At no point did I "moderate" in this thread. I took no official actions as a staff member.

I simply pointed out (after being personally attacked - more than once in two different posts and after being told I was talking "rubbish" in an earlier post) what usually happens to people who post like that. In fact it did happen and warnings were handed out - but not by me.

People who have been around ATS long enough know that moderators don't usually actively moderate in threads they are actively posting in. And that was the case here.

I stated, (quite forcefully because frankly it seems to takes that to get through to some people), that I was entitled to my opinions and I took it upon myself to pursue my line of questioning with goods reason. There have already been posts about project blue beam all over this site and there was even a hoaxer who already claimed there was going to be a false flag ET invasion scheduled for this past August (remember this one?). I've been here almost 4 years and in that time I've seen every type of depravity you can see on a board. (I even recall one banned member faking a story about a death in the family to gain sympathy).

It looks like either I wasn't "forceful" enough or took the wrong tack because here we are days later and people are still posting to whine about me rather than discuss the topic. Take all the swipes you want at me, the staff and the site if you want or you think that will get you anywhere, but it's clear some people cannot or will not get past the fact that I have a title in my profile.

This is why when people become mods on this board their participation goes way down. I can't really speak for others, but I will say that I'm not the only staff member who no longer participates as much as I used to and feels that every time we let our personal opinions be known it has to somehow reflect on every other staff member or on the site as a whole or cause some kind of drama. People who are making such claims in this thread are jumping to conclusions (yet again).

There are people here who want to believe soooooo badly that they are willing to suspend all of their critical thinking skills to jump on any bandwagon that comes along. They seem upset that I "ruined the fun" or somehow prevented them from posting or discussing something. This thread is still here for all to see and draw their own conclusions.

What's the solution?
Beats me.

But I'm not about to "keep my tongue in my head" (as one poster put it) to appease the thin skinned who can't separate the official action of a moderator from their personal participation or who feel that staff should "let things go" for the fun of it.

I don't think any other staff member would or should do the same.

edit: typos

[edit on 12/5/2007 by Gools]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

If on the odd chance that what DK is predicting actually happens, most of us are going to be too busy dying to care.

I'd still like to see, or rather read, a little more of the proofs that convinced DK of this. I doubt I'll be convinced, I'd still like to see 'em.

Just as an aside, I've been following this for a little while...Gools hasn't overstepped himself in the slightest. Not once has he used his mod-dom to threaten or intimidate, or otherwise control the thread. He's a member here, as well as a moderator.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by seagull]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Amazing.
Simply amazing the ideas that some people have.

Ditto

At no point did I "moderate" in this thread. I took no official actions as a staff member.

Who said you did?

I defiantly haven`t said that.

I simply pointed out (after being personally attacked - more than once in two different posts and after being told I was talking "rubbish" in an earlier post) what usually happens to people who post like that.

Now hold up,the very first time you open your mouth on this thread you
said in response to "Where I am, what i am doing, and why".

............"Honestly. Who cares?"............

I`m sure you read DK`s original post in this thread and saw that because of a flood of u2u`s ,so obviously a number of people care and then throughout your posts insult DK and members here,as though we are all inferior to you,for what wanting to chat or discuss this with DK?

If wild accusations are to be respected as you have made a number of,do you respect the idea that because DK had a lot of u2u`s that you are just jealous?

I dont think that would be fair to say either though a case could be put together so`s that some might believe it,but would defend you to,if someone forced that down your throat.

In fact it did happen and warnings were handed out - but not by me.
People who have been around ATS long enough know that moderators don't usually actively moderate in threads they are actively posting in. And that was the case here.

Again who said you did?

I know what I said it was along the lines of your opinions of DK was supported by your buddies who are mods.

I`m not accusing you of knowingly being in cahoots,though think its human nature to stick up for buddies.My objection is that fairness across the board wasn`t happening because of it.

I stated, (quite forcefully because frankly it seems to takes that to get through to some people)

Then please Gools understand that by doing so by the accusations you made are an act of desperation and never the best way to go about it.

, that I was entitled to my opinions and I took it upon myself to pursue my line of questioning with goods reason. There have already been posts about project blue beam all over this site and there was even a hoaxer who already claimed there was going to be a false flag ET invasion scheduled for this past August (remember this one?). I've been here almost 4 years and in that time I've seen every type of depravity you can see on a board. (I even recall one banned member faking a story about a death in the family to gain sympathy).

One thing I can sympathize with you is, we as simply members (not Mods) have the luxury of picking topics to read that we dame well pleasey.
Having as a job to read and moderate topics that one may wish to have never had to, does seem to me a real hazard and one your showing signs of.

I liken it to this...

A police officer of a number of years who works a rough beat,while off duty in his day to day routine see`s someone who has characteristics of a perpetrator he recently arrested or shot,so he shoots this person and his buddies say yeah dont worry he looks suspicious to us as well.

This type of guy needs a break before he damages himself or others or the force he works for.

Want some proof? check back to sizzles post on the page before this one,not absolute proof I agree,buts its more proof than you have brought to the table with forced accusations.

It looks like either I wasn't "forceful" enough or took the wrong tack because here we are days later and people are still posting to whine about me rather than discuss the topic.

Speaking of whines,your post can be viewed the same.You want your cake and eat it as well,you want to be a member,yet dont like it when your called out to be a civil one.

Take all the swipes you want at me, the staff and the site if you want or you think that will get you anywhere, but it's clear some people cannot or will not get past the fact that I have a title in my profile.

Please for your own sake get over yourself,you come here as like "all hail bow to the great Gools"and anyone who disagree`s with me is a whinger and then complain when people turn their backs bow and show you their buttocks.

This is why when people become mods on this board their participation goes way down.

In particular threads maybe,it just depends how they participate,if you do read a lot here I`m sure you notice moderators having a lot of input and general discussion and are friends with ats members,police members here have said similar to yourself,though in the real world I have a number of police friends who dont feel that way,though some do,maybe there are other problems to cause that which they feel?

If I can pick a great example imo Lombozzo`s thread about what happened when he witnessed a pack of bullies harassing a defenseless guy,this is something I myself seem to witness and be involved in a lot through my life and take things upon myself to stop in real life,I dont like it who ever they are or what status they hold,not being a hero here,its wrong and I hate it.

People who are making such claims in this thread are jumping to conclusions (yet again).

My my and what do you call your accusations in this thread,I know what I think they are desperate disruptive comments which proved and helped nothing.Further I`d be surprised if DK ever came back here because of it,so feel free with your thoughts on being a super hero deny ignorance for the whole of ATS,though any proof of what he`s doing because he believes will probably not surface.

Good job super hero,if you had of been more civil and found he is actually doing what he says,I would hope you would have treated him differently,as in tried to make him question his beliefs for his own health.

There are people here who want to believe soooooo badly that they are willing to suspend all of their critical thinking skills to jump on any bandwagon that comes along. They seem upset that I "ruined the fun" or somehow prevented them from posting or discussing something.

This is drama from you and I suspect you know it,point out and genuinely prove this please,if it were true which I have not seen,other than people looking into the technology that has been researched regarding anything close to which he thinks will happen,which has been a bit interesting imo,I dont see the harm in that.

and also say to maybe let you know how strongly my opinions are on all this DK stuff,you Gools would believe it before myself.

What's the solution?
Beats me.

But I'm not about to "keep my tongue in my head" (as one poster put it) to appease the thin skinned who can't separate the official action of a moderator from their personal participation or who feel that staff should "let things go" for the fun of it.

I don't think any other staff member would or should do the same.

Play fair and to the rules of the site.

I dont know about all mods here enough to know 100%,but the members I do know that I have seen that were selected to become mods, already had my respect,that says a lot to me for those who select them.

I then am left with little doubt you should be any different then,though I haven`t seen it in this thread or especially the post in which I`m replying,given there was plenty to learn from many members who have expressed their disagreement towards the way you have posted yet you cannot see anything that was positive criticism,just a pack of whingers.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by gps777]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Dark Knight?

Is this the same person that posted in ATS concerning "the outcome of a U.F.O. configeration, and the fact that you would be 'going off-line/off the grid, if you saw 'such configerations'? The same person who recalled of his 'fathers' deathbed talks'? Respect.

(shaking my hEAD NOW)

I understand from your OP, as to 'why', you are posting in BTS, You are in HERE now?

What the hell is REALLY GOING ON NOW hon?

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

The mods moved it here. You've missed alot.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Gools?

I just 'starred' you because of what you just said!

I can't believe it either.

Ok...forgive me on this assumption/question:

Why has 'Dark Knights thread' been brought down to BTS...instead of Skunkworks?

NO disrespect of anykind.

Courious...

~Ducky~

[edit on 5-12-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

thank u gps for the welcome and everything that you said. maybe i jumped the gun a little on my assumptions here. i have been browsing around some of the other topics and have ran across some really nice ppl.maybe i judged gools too hastily also.
its not my intention to come here and be a trouble maker or judge other ppls reason for saying things.
as gools pointed out above, he wasn't posting in a place where he/she moderates. i didn't know. but i am learning as i go along.
peace to you gools, hope that you will overlook my ignorance. i was just a little startled by some of the things i read here.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Good for you sizzle

and I hope to read what brought you to ATS.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

thanx again gps. but i don't know if i am brave enough for that yet. i would like to spend a little more time getting to know all of you. there are some really great ppl here.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
gps, or anyone. is there a way that i could pm gools and Quasma to offer an apology for my thin skin and questioning their right to express an opinion? i am afraid i got off on the wrong foot here. i like this place and hope to stick around. there are so many awesome storys here.
maybe i am a little too prone to believe everything i read and thanks to the postings of quasma and gools i will be more objective. but whether dk's story is for real or not it sure makes for good reading.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Welcome to ATS..this is a good thread to dive into!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

thank u DP. appreciate the welcome. i just love reading paranormal and prophetic topics that give me the shivers. especially when there is a possibility they might be true. glad to be here.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I get in from a bit of outdoors training with my brother and find I got moved to BTS.

Hahahahaha.

Fine.

DK.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by D4rk Kn1ght

hi dk glad to see you are back. is there anything more you can share with us.? anymore sightings?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
dk plz don't stop submitting. i think evryone alreay knows that you were moved here. some of us still want to hear from you. i read today where some other ppl were unhappy about being moved to bts, but the moderators explained that it wasn't a slight of any kind. plz talk to us.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
and find I got moved to BTS.

Hahahahaha.

Fine.

Dont know why thats funny? DK, but I`m glad your back.

Please excuse the mess this has turned into that I played a big part of.

I`ll post again in case its hard to find now,some questions or thoughts I would have liked you to respond to,some by other members as well.

Dont take offense DK these questions were asked in good manner and for good reason imo.That you need to question yourself with,their not posted at you rather to you.

Originally posted by Gools
What you need to explain is the fact that a half-mile high human figure supposedly appeared in the sky (somewhere in Iraq) to a population that can be (admittedly, crudely and ignorantly) referred to as a bunch of peasant religious freaks without causing any kind of a "stir" in the broader population (who still retain some tradition of word-of-mouth storytelling) or any wild and crazy stories making the rounds in that country, without ever reaching the ears of any outsiders.

The only and most plausible explanation is that it didn't happen.
and from another
My questions ask whether or not you have proof, whether or not proof exists (to your knowledge) some kind of support for even the theoretical possibility of some of the things you claim and some kind of plausible explanation as to the whole giant sky being event you claim to know about.

Originally posted by captainplanet

Also, how/why would they plan the exact date of the attack 20 years in advance? Wouldn't things change over time and mess up their schedule?

Regarding the following quote,I know when I asked you "have you considered the sighting your wife saw to be something other than what you think,your reply was about the crying was a nasty touch? have you considered that the noise wasn`t a nasty touch? but coincidental and natural?

Originally posted by TheColdDragon

Earlier in THIS thread, Darkknight posted a picture of "Something Odd" his wife had seen in the sky. I can say, without a doubt, that the image posted looks exactly like standard issue military flares.

Other people have asked and given good input as well,sorry if its seeming exclusive here,I just skimmed back to find some posts.

I`ve seen you say your Christian,cool.Though I`m struggling to understand how this can fit into your beliefs.Not saying here I`m competent especially with the book of revelations.

In revelations it talks about signs, wonders and miracles that will deceive the very elect by the beast,I guess this whole DK scenario could be seen by you (and others) as fitting,or are you seeing this event in the bible as something other than this DK type of event?

If its all one and the same then for mine your said date wouldn`t match let alone it says "no one knows the hour except the Father"

RIFD is the closest thing I can see being the mark of the beast,I cant see how they intend to accomplish this world wide even remotely within 3 or so years,though believe its coming.

Just food for thought DK.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

I think you need a certain amount of points to be able to u2u (pm`s) them directly sizzle,I have been scratching my head on how to reply to you.

Not sure what the best way would be if you cant u2u them?

Seeing their mods, not members, you might be able to u2u them directly?
Try the u2u button at the bottom of one of their posts.

Though I`m sure without doubt both of them have not taken anything you have said as an offense or to doubt your character,if they haven`t already read your words and thoughts here.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by D4rk Kn1ght

I am 100% sure this is the build up to an 'alien enemy' event and the D4rk Kn1ght in oct 2011

But in your original D4rk Knight thread, you said alien invasion was not something you were prepared for. Now you are 100% sure its an alien enemy?

Now you cant have gotten more information since they guy it started with is dead. And the trauma Dr that gave you your warning is supposedly nowhere to be found. So how much of your story is pure speculation?

CT

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
BARF!
Showing you true side!

Who really knows?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

thanx gps. btw if u are still around. i found something very disturbing. you seem pretty smart. would you look into it and tell me what you think?
hope it's okay to ask this. but here it is
www.contactact.org...

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join