It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostage Situation Reported At Clinton Campaign Office

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
News conference to update the hostage event is scheduled to start in the next few minutes.

It will be interesting to see what the police have to say about this now that the man is in custody.

From what I saw on the tv when they cuffed and took him off was that he was dressed as a businessman would, slacks, white shirt and wearing a tie.

He looked more like a white collar worker than a crazed, CTer, off meds and living in the woods......

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Hostage situation ends with arrest

Leeland Eisenberg, of Somersworth, N.H., was immediately arrested after exiting the office and told to kneel and then lie on the ground before police placed handcuffs on him. Moments earlier, a young man believed to be the third and final hostage was released.
Police said Eisenberg took hostages at the office on 28 North Main St. Friday afternoon. Foster's Daily Democrat reported that Eisenberg is well known to police in Rochester.

A very tough situation to deal with, but I doubt she was very sincere in her comments:

"I am very grateful that this difficult day has ended so well. All of my campaign staff and volunteers are safe," Clinton said from her Washington, D.C., home Friday night. "I was in touch during the day with the families of those who were held hostage, and I commend their extraordinary courage under difficult circumstances. This has been a difficult day for everyone in our campaign."

[edit on 11/30/2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wow!! These people will go to any length to get Hannah Montana tickets!

SLPEXE

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 30-11-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Originally posted by TheBorg
This event could bolster support to her cause, since some would feel sympathetic towards her for having undergone something so traumatic

You'd have to be an idiot for that statement to be true.

SHE WASNT THERE.

She didnt undergo anything traumatic. The only thing she did was speak to the families of those held hostage during the day.

CT

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Pretzel Logic

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
You'd have to be an idiot for that statement to be true.

You're wrong. Your argument is based on a logical fallacy.

It is also wrong to address other members that way, so please don't.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I wasnt addressing the member directly. I was addressing the argument. I suppose I could have worded it better but I knew what I meant.

CT

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well CT, whats your theory on this event? Conspiracy or not?
In my professional opinion, maybe.

Hillary must have been on the phone to the families saying, " there is no need to worry, he's just a plant, no one can get hurt. And the FBI assured me they would only use fake bombs!!!"

Really I can't think of a motive. I think I debunked myself.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jmilla

Motive=mentally deranged.

And we're done, son. U can go home now.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well, I hate to be the worry wart in the crowd but I am worried that the guy will "admit" that he is a Ron Paul supporter. Thereby, in one failed swoop ending any credibility RP supporters ever had and in the minds of Americans labeling the rest of us "Whackos" RIP RP campaign. *sigh*

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Asked what was going on, the woman, who identified herself as "Morgan," repeated that the man there wanted to speak with CNN.

And then he did. "I need help," he said, agitation obvious in his voice. "I tried to get help," he said.

He said he'd been to a local psychiatric hospital but was told he'd have to pay "thousands of dollars" -- money he said he didn't have. The call ended.

He made no threats, spoke of no hostages and made no demands of the network.

A few minutes later, Morgan was on the line again, this time sounding more calm. The CNN staffer on the line asked if she was under duress, but she didn't answer. The staffer asked her to cough if she was under duress. Again no answer. Is he armed? No answer. Can you cough if he is?

"Do you want to talk to him?" Morgan said. And again, the man with the working-class New England accent was on the line.

"This is Lee Eisenberg," he said, adding that he was speaking from New Hampshire.

Eisenberg said he was a mental health patient who had been trying to get help. He'd been unsuccessful, he said, because he didn't have the "thousands of dollars" he was told he'd need.

He tried several mental health facilities, he said, "even called the Department of Health and Human Services." But no one could help him, he said.

Eisenberg was well-spoken, articulate and impassioned about his cause. But as the call continued, he became more agitated.

"I need to speak to Hillary Clinton," he said. "Something's got to change. Ordinary people need help" with their insurance.

Later, he asked, "Can you get me Hillary Clinton?" And finally, he said again he wanted to speak with Clinton.

"I don't want to talk to CNN anymore," he said before hanging up the phone. Police said that no one from the Clinton campaign was involved in the negotiations.

Two hours later, Morgan was back on the phone to CNN, this time calling the network's world headquarters in Atlanta. But after the main operator transferred her call to the CNN newsroom, it was Eisenberg on the line.

What this nutbag is spouting is like free advertisement for Hitlery's 'free healthcare plan'.

This guy might be a plant or MK Ultra subject after all

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Jeez, why must we all assume this guy is an operative for somebody or another? Can't he just be genuinely certifiable? Us even *thinking* otherwise makes it look like WE are certifiable...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

I must concur that she didn't actually experience anything "traumatic" from this. The point I was trying to drive home though was the possibility that this could be a ploy made by the Clinton Campaign to intentionally rally the public resolve into her favor. What I'm seeing is a very suspicious person doing something that could be taken a number of different ways. The timing of such an event though is what has me puzzled.

Sometimes, it's the little things that we miss that make for the most important pieces of information. Consider what I've suggested, and weigh it for yourself. If you don't believe me, that's completely your prerogative. I just ask that you be objective.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

Well, for the record, I never said that this guy was involved in anything nefarious WITH the Clinton Administration; I only implied it. Quite honestly, I don't know one way or the other. I just noticed the odd timing of such an event, and it struck me as coincidental that such a thing could happen now.

To claim that we might be "certifiable" for thinking such things is a close-minded approach to any topic, especially the political arena. In this zone, it seems that anything goes. Don't ask me to explain it, because I can find no rhyme or reason for any of the mud-flinging to be going on. It is what it is though. Where did the times go where candidates won elections by what their CONSTITUENTS wanted, rather than what the select few at the top wanted?

My my, it's going to be one busy year up until election day, now isn't it?

On the front lines,
TheBorg

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Ron Paul has credibility!?!

Nobody in their right mind could not think, that maybe it was a fake. Gotta look at the track record of the woman.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Who knows -- perhaps the whole thing was a much more elaborate plan devised by more then one motivated individuals, to assassinate Hillary Clinton.

The man goes in with the intention of looking like a mentally unstable man with no specific intentions or plan, nervously taking hostages and threatening to set of a bomb. Eventually he is overwhelmed by the stress of it all and and perhaps comes to his senses -- then gives himself up. Where in reality the actual plan was to get in, plant a bomb where no one would find it -- at a time when none of the hostages could see it happen... and then get out.

Obviously the whole "deranged man" act, timing etc - plays a huge part in the success of this ploy. Everyone's attention is turned the wrong way and are given the impression there was nothing sinister -- what they saw is what they got. Why think otherwise? The man was just mentally ill, Hillary wasn't even there... it ends peacefully, everyone is relieved and all is forgotten. Some days or weeks later, Hillary returns. The one in charge is notified, and in return gives the order to commence the operation.

....BANG!

But then again... if I'm smart enough to think of it, I'm pretty sure authorities would have been too, and took the appropriate measures to clear away any danger. I guess it would all depend on how well the bomb was hidden. Although I do believe that if it was thought out well enough, and the correct tools were brought in... it could be accomplished, with a bit of luck.

But maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I guess we'll know for sure when nothing happens on Hillary's return.

[edit on 1/12/07 by Navieko]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Man, I'll admit I have not been following this and only caught a gfew glimpses of it on Faux News... but I gotta tell you, first thing that popped into my mind was "psy op to further confuse the American Idiots that get all their news from the trusty squalk box". From what has been laid out here, seems as though my first thought might be right. Effectively creating sympathy for a mentally ill man with no health care and getting hilary votes, and also with Fox's obviously way off base comments about him being so and so, a "conspiracy theorist", planting the idea in people's heads that all conspiracy theorists are unstable madmen capable of terrorist actions.

There is a very small possibility in my mind that he was just a "derranged lunatic". I mean, his comments sounded a little phony to me, just a feeling in my gut. What a convenient derranged lunatic for Queen Hilary, huh?
Think about it. If it's a little too "good" to be true, it's most likely a lie.
Turn the TV off, by the way. It's got your head!
(This coming from a guy who used to watch hours of tv a day.)

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
By the way...free health care??? It's not gunna happen in this country without a revolution, son! The health insurance companies make a KILLING off people with money, paying for illness and injury that hasn't happened yet. They frickin' OWN this country, this scam, this livestock farm.
Besides, they're tied in with the pharmaceudical companies and the HIGHLY overpaid medical field...market....scam.... and people are just paying to get stabbed and poisoned anyway.
So Hilary can just go suck one off because she's flat out making empty promises, just like EVERY OTHER POLITICIAN. You don't get far as a politician without lying, cheating and stealing. It's what they are paid to do. Give us the illusion of progress.
This is just another chapter in the illusion of progress.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Wasn't the Unibomber a supposed "Mad conspiracy theorits" also?

Didn't someone link him with the CIA eventually?

I should look into that more.

Sorry that was kinda off topic.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
No conspiracy theory here. I live in NH a town over from where this happened and the guyis a total loon. He is also a lush. I guess he had called CNN throughout the day but they wouldn't air what he had said after the talked to their "security officials". Apparently this is just a call for help, and why not go to the local campaign office of the, possible, future president.
I honestly found the coverage a little overkill, especially after the event ended. CNN was outside the guys house talking to neighbors about their encounters with this nut. Too bad people have to go to extremes to get some help that they need.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Also, the state next to us, Massachusetts, has a mandatory health care plan. So all employess in Mass must have health insurance. When i recently moved to put my wife on my health plan, we had to jump through hoops to get her work to cancel her insurance. We had to have proof that she did have insurance (with dates of effectivity) until they would allow hers to be canceled. Even when we did that, her HR department kept harassing mine for info that was already provided.
So, basically, if this nut had a job and lived in Mass he would've had insurance and been able to possible get help if he wanted.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join