It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big IED nearly hits Humvee. I mean big!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

[EDIT: Warning - Profanity]

Its almost as if Godzilla was popping out of the ground. Lucky the insurgents digged in too deep.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have never seen an IED like that, That had to be ten or fifteen feet in the ground maybe more. The driver in that humvee had quick reactions, im curious of what the explosion would have done to the humvee. I did not really see any shrapnal, was just like an air pocket was released that IED was so deep.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Blitz]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
OH. MY. GOD.

Thank God they are okay. I cant believe how flippn big that was.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It makes my "inside job" spider sense go off. It's a little tough for me to believe that Joe Iraqi is that sophisticated. I can't say for sure it's an inside job, but it is suspicious...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

Joe Iraqi is quite able to do this.
In fact, I have a close friend who walks the streets of Iraq and catches these "Joe Iraqis" doing these very things.

Give me a break.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Just seems like a lot of trouble to go thru when your primary objective day-in/day-out is trying to somehow put food on the table.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

your primary objective day-in/day-out is trying to somehow put food on the table.

LMAO. That might be YOUR day in/day out objective. That is not theirs - the one's trying to kill our soldiers over there.

My close friend has his boots on the streets of Iraq (he is a K9/explosives handler). Have you ever? Have you ever witnessed these animals trying to murder our soldiers doing their job?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If you pause it at just the right moment you can see that the epicenter of the explsion, is just at the edge where the road meets the desert.

It was to deep to really do any damage unless the humvee was right over it when the explosion occured.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blitz

Yeah, I guess if they buried the bomb in the sand kind of on the embankment the road was built on, it would not have been as tough as I originally thought.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
That's nuts. I was also thinking 'Godzilla-esque'.

Wiki has a picture of one of those with a shaped charge near the bottom right of the page:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Yeah, from what I understand a lot of those are just artillery shells from the Saddam days that have just been jerry-rigged into land mines.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Obviously that their main goal everyday is not to get food on the table.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
My question is.....

What would you do if foreign troops were riding around the good Ole USA.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
It makes my "inside job" spider sense go off. It's a little tough for me to believe that Joe Iraqi is that sophisticated. I can't say for sure it's an inside job, but it is suspicious...

How is a big bomb sophisticated? We've known how to make huge explosions ever since the invention of black powder. It doesn't take sophistication to make an oversized explosive. Heck, miniturization is usually far more evidence of sophistication that largeness is, though even that only applies to fairly high-tech stuff (eg: not a huge IED).

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I will let you know that answer if it were to ever happen. But it wont

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by whaaa

I will let you know that answer if it were to ever happen. But it wont

Maybe I should have phrased it differently.

Do you blame people that live in a country for wanting foreign invaders out?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by uberfoop

It's not just the bigness of it, it just seemed to me that the bomb was buried about 15 feet under the road. However, now I can see that it was close to the edge of the road and thus may not have been that hard to bury after all.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I doubt it was 15 foot deep. IMO, It seems as if the road surface itself, acted as a sort of buffer and contained the true force of the explosion underground. God knows how much worse it would have been, if it were above ground. If only they worked in special effects instead of terrorism.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
My question is.....

What would you do if foreign troops were riding around the good Ole USA.

Set traps
Plant bombs
Ambush
Kill and one whom assisted them
Release videos
Take pot shots
Ask my neighbours for assistance

...its quite basic really!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Could I possibly give green eyed leo 1000 of my points? I don't need them. He gave me my very cool avatar.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by jpm1602]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join