It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Operation "Pliers" Uncovered in Venezuela

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

CIA Operation "Pliers" Uncovered in Venezuela

www.venezuelanalysis.com

In the memo, the CIA proposes the following tactics and actions:

* Take the streets and protest with violent, disruptive actions across the nation
* Generate a climate of ungovernability
* Provoke a general uprising in a substantial part of the population
* Engage in a "plan to implode" the voting centers on election day by encouraging opposition voters to "VOTE and REMAIN" in their centers to agitate others
* Start to release data during the early hours of the afternoon ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well, it certainly appears that the CIA has not lost it's desire to deceptively push it's will upon the rest of the planet.

THIS, my fellow Americans, is the reason why so many countries hate us.

It's the lunacy of those that act ON OUR BEHALF that give the United States such a bad name.

J

www.venezuelanalysis.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
These type of actions are consistent with what the CIA has been doing for a very long time; at least since the days it was called the OSS. The CIA is a rogue nation in and of itself, answering to no one while taking many millions of dollars to act in ways not in accord with the will of, nor the consent of, the American people and their weak willed elected representatives.

Again, just a personal opinion.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
You know what! I am getting sick and tired of people putting down the CIA!

There hasn’t been a world war in over 60 years! Does anybody go, “Good Job CIA” “I’m really glad that you guys are there to help us out!” Of course not. It makes me sick how everyone just constantly puts them down.

So the CIA is pushing for regime change in Venezuela? You know what I have to say about that? Good Job CIA, and thank you very much! It’s a damn shame that the Venezuelan people themselves don’t get that dictator of theirs off their backs. Instead, they will all just complain to the U.N. to please help them get rid of their own elected leader.

I think the CIA should just take a week or two off completely and then see how the world would constantly complain that they “dropped the ball”. Damned if you do, and damned if you don’t. They could stop fifty different terrorist attacks a year and no one would bother to thank them. What a bunch of ingrates most people are!

You know who it is that complains about the CIA or the FBI? It’s those lame do nothing people who have never bothered to ever get involved in anything meaningful in their lives. They most often have never joined the military or law enforcement. They most likely don’t go to church or get involved in their own local governments. They most often don’t even bother to excel at their own jobs. No. Most often all, they are most likely just complainers who never bother to lift a damn finger to help anyone but themselves.

If you think you have all the answers about international politics tough guy then guess what? Go fill out an application for employment to the CIA and get your lazy butt involved in the system instead of complaining about it from the outside. Go join the police force instead of complaining about your local cops. Go get involved in your local politics instead of constantly whining about how your politicians never do what you want.

But of course they never do these things.

Thank God for the CIA!

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

OK, since you approve of meddling in the affairs of everyone else, let's play a little "what if" game.

What if I come to your house and tell your kids that they ought to sue you for being bad parents? What if I provide them with a lawyer, while I'm at it? What if I tell all your neighbors that the kids are worried because you're a pedophile? What if I bribe the social services to inspect your home? What if I call your boss and tell him you're a drunk? What if.....

You see, what the CIA does in your name isn't what you would do, unless you're lower than a snake's belly. Read a bit of history. These aren't the upholders of American values. These are the people that you don't want your daughter to marry because you would rather have a pimp as a son-in-law.

Think what a better world it would be if people didn't overthrow other governments. Didn't start wars using proxy soldiers. Didn't try to change the world according to their own understanding. Think what a world we might have without the CIA trying to run it.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
You know who it is that complains about the CIA or the FBI? It’s those lame do nothing people who have ..... never joined the military or law enforcement.

Well, that's not true. I'm prior law enforcement (3 years)
and I wished the CIA never existed after the things I've
learned about what they do from reading and watching videos
of their previous exploits and hearing eye witness testimony
of their operations. Frankly, I'd like to see them fold up or
do something meaningful for the world instead of just something
meaningful for what they THINK we need.

Have they done some good things ??? Yes
But they have done more bad things than good.
That doesn't make them righteous by no means.
And just because you sit in a church pew on Sunday morning
asking forgiveness doesn't mean that God is gonna keep
forgiving you if you keep doing the same stuff week after week.
I think he'd get a lil tired and it's abusive to the system when
a person can think they get redemption from a sin when God
watches them do the same thing next week.

From the stuff I've found out about them I think they hurt us
more than they help. Similar to the way the KGB did for USSR
and the Gestapo did for Germany. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my
opinion and I'm sticking to it

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Interesting analogy, but it is off basis. We are talking international politics, not the Hatfield’s and the McCoy’s. What do you think most governments are doing to the U.S. Do you think that they are not trying to gain control and influence over people in America? Do you think that the Venezuelan government and Hugo Chaves is our buddy? Get real.

Foreign governments are always attacking America. There isn’t one damn thing that the CIA does that isn’t being tried against the U.S. as well. It’s just that the CIA is hopefully a little better at the game.

There is a reality check here that I think most Americans need to have. That reality check is that the world is not at peace. No. The world is in a constant state of war. We are constantly under attack by different factions, groups, and governments. We are all quick to tell a soldier in warfare that he needs to do his job and kill the enemy, yet we want to look to the CIA and say, “be nice fellas”.

What a load of crap. Wake up people! The real world is not the little happy, friendly, Disney World that some rich guy created in the middle of a swamp in Florida. The real world is about warfare, deceit, treachery, spying, political manipulation, big business, and money. In the real world people kill and people are killed. In the real world governments fall and governments rise.

The CIA is doing their job! Why? It is because the rest of us actually live in the real world and not Disney world. The rest of us understand that the next Hitler is only a yardstick away and the CIA can and should and thankfully does, do its best to protect us from the next World War by whatever means necessary.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

you obviusly have no knowledge of the history of the cia.

vietnam
comabodia
panama
nicaragua
iraq
somalia
columbia
el salvador
philippines
east timor
indonesia

i could go on

www.informationclearinghouse.info...
www.gwu.edu...
andromeda.rutgers.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.namebase.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson

you obviously have no knowledge of the history of the cia.
my sentiments .... EXACTLY !!!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

So the end justifies the means? That makes us no better than the meanest two bit dictator around.

If we as a species are to ever grow up, we have to break this cycle.

Stop living in fear of somebody "over there". Hell, let them find their own way. Set a good example and live life without spending every waking minute worried some commie or whatever is going to rob you of your fine lifestyle.

And people say CTers are paranoid!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
No, I’m not a CIA historian. But I don’t have to be to defend most of their actions. The CIA has to think about the big picture. Most people have no idea what that entails.

I, my friend, am studying to be a Day Trader. In fact, I put in my two week notice from my day job this afternoon. In studying businesses and short selling, I have gained a much better understanding of the way business and finance work.

For instance, how many times do people complain that we need to get off of Big Oil? All the time right? But how many people have actually asked the question, “What if we really were off of Big Oil, What would happen?” Well firstly, the oil producing nations would turn off the flow of oil in order to control the supply and keep the price high. At the same time, you would see a greater number of terrorist strikes here at home against whatever technology that we have developed to compete with oil. As well, governments that sell us oil would not do as many other "throw back" contracts with us that they do now.

The point of all this being that the end result of the equation would largely be the same. Here is a phrase that has served me well in analyzing business and the global markets. I hope that it helps some of you as much as it does me.

“The people change, but the game stays the same.”

People think that if we could take ourselves off of Big Oil then things would be better. But that’s not what history shows. History shows that power, money, and influence would only change from one hand to another. Someone else would win while someone else would lose. In essence, you can’t beat the system. You can only chose to remain a part of it as an individual or not too.

From a governmental standpoint, it is easier and preferable to play the game instead of wasting your time trying to change the rules.

Here is reality…We should all vote for third parties. We should all avoid over eating. We should all participate in local government. We should all go to church. Ect, Ect.

But what is also reality is that most people do not, and will not vote for a third party. Most people will continue to overeat until food prices rise. Most people will not go to church unless there is a major disaster or life altering circumstance.

The CIA is just another part of this reality of life. As people say, they are necessary. I would say that it is wrong that they should commit evils. But if what they actually do is evil is a matter of debate. What one person thinks is evil is what another person may think is good.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

OK, you have made it plain that you consider Faust a role model. Sell ones soul to the petro-dollar, or whatever is fashionable. Roll with the punches and don't fight back. You can't fight city hall. The "Man" is always right. He who has the gold rules.

I've heard 'em all. But I have grandchildren. I want a better world for them. I want one where right is not measured by might. Where right isn't measured by bank balances. Where right isn't a matter of power.

Call me a dreamer, they did in the '60s. But it is dreamers that change the world. We don't always change it the way we saw it should be, or could be. But we never left it just the same old crap as before. And it is the ideal of right that makes a person, not how well they skate past the problems.

What is now doesn't have to always be. What works in the short term isn't always right. When you near the end of life you see clearer that choices made for the moment are never a comfort for the void. A man, and a nation, and a species, must become better, or there is no purpose to life.

I choose to have purpose, others do not.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings

... “What if we really were off of Big Oil, What would happen?”

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Hot_Wings]

LOL, I guess they used to say that about the horse and buggy too
when the loud steam cars scared them off the road. Guess, what
we still have horses !!!! and buggies !!!! just not as widely used
as before but they are not extinct. There will still be a market for oil,
just nowhere near what it is now. That's what big oil fears. They won't
be rich anymore. And to tell ya the truth, I'm tired as he!! of paying
over $3.00 a freakin gallon. That price is really hurting the average
consumer when their wages haven't increased 300% like the price
of gas has.

edit: oops sorry for gettin off topic

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Zeta115]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

What would happen if we were off Big Oil? Well, for starters, we wouldn't be giving our debt (any time you're in debt you're not giving money or credit, but debt) to nations that will use it to undermine our own economy.Because a recession/depression is unavoidable, we ought to bite the bullet sooner rather than later.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Can we even prove that this is legit? Have we ruled out the possibility that it's the Venezuelan government spreading its own propaganda, or should we just believe it right off the bat because it shows the United States in a bad light?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I'm so glad this is what our tax dollars pay for. Education and health care is for communist !

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Col. Nathan R. Jessep, A Few Good Men
God bless the CIA, FBI, U.S. Armed Forces
and
Goeorge W. Bush

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Call me a dreamer, they did in the '60s. But it is dreamers that change the world.

Thank God the era of hippy dreamers and soldier spitters will end with the demise and inevitable aging of the Clintons, Kerrys and Dennis Hopper. As well as the rest of that whiny, tree hugger/save the whales generation.
Good riddence and a hearty "buh-bye" as they fade into senior citizenship.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Polite American]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

What would happen if we were off Big Oil?

If the conservationalist would open up Alaska and the coast of Florida for drilling we would be rid of OPEC and have plenty of oil for future generations. If you really cared about future generations or as you say, your grandkids, you would beat down the conservationalist that are constantly getting in the way of production.

1. why do we not have enough oil?
2. why do we not have enough refineries?
3. why do we not have more nuclear power plants?
4. why is Yellowstone National Park failing to preserve the wildlife?
5. why are we dependant on other countries for oil?

yeah! you guessed it! the dreamer generation of the 60's the conservationalist tree huggers!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Polite American

I see you are new to these forums. Perhaps you should read this before trying to make the rest of the thread a partisan debate:

Bush and Clinton. The Two Headed Coin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join