It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Bigfoot stay hidden?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how a Bigfoot manages to stay hidden as well as he does. I think if we understand how a Bigfoot stays hidden, we could use this knowledge to our advantage when trying to find one.

I'll put one idea out there... I was trying to find good camouflage to wear to go Bigfoot hunting when I remembered the ghillie suit. For anyone who doesn't know what a ghillie suit is, it's a suit used by snipers to help them match their environments. Here's a few examples of ghillie suits.

www.camo-store.com...
www.odbclan.net...
www.captaindaves.com...

When looking at them I noticed how remarkably similar in appearance a man wearing a ghillie suits is to descriptions of Bigfoots. My idea is that the long, matted, nasty looking hair of a Bigfoot is used to help it blend into the environment the way a ghillie suit does. It gets dirty, leaves and sticks probably get stuck in it, and maybe algae might even grow on it. All a Bigfoot would have to do is lay down and stay still to be very well hidden in the forest, especially if it only moved at night.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CloudlessKnight

First off it doesn't move at night, wait, first off, we don't know anything about it.

Second, Why does it manage to stay well hidden? Because the world is huge! And if they are only a very little amount of Bigfeet on this planet, then finding one makes it even harder.

Oh also, maybe the stay so well-hidden because Bigfeet don't exist?? Ever think about that? I am a believer, but face it, we have no strong evidence, just a couple of videos, sotries and photos. If we would have one captive, maybe.

Lame...

-Jimmy-

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Perhaps Bigfoot, assuming the species exists, has near the level of intelligence as humans. However, if these creatures created their own culture that is deeply in tune with nature, and understand humans, they could probably develop some ingenious methods of evasion.

So the question is, how do you think like the hypothetical Bigfoot?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
My two cents: The whole theory behind ghillie suits is that they break up the outline of the human body. When you can't tell where a section of high grass or a bush or tree ends and a ghillie suit begins, you basically can't see the person. I definitely agree that all that hair helps them hide from humans at close range. All they would have to do would be to stand still in the shadow of a tree, and chances are anybody walking by would have no idea they were there. I once saw a special on TV where a guy did just that. The camera zoomed out, and even though he was in normal clothes he more or less vanished in the thick forests.

Mainly though, I believe that the sasquatch has simply learned to avoid humans. People are smelly, noisy things especially when in the woods. Theres a reason hunters spend hundreds of dollars on scent disguisers and have to learn how to walk quietly. Even then it still takes knowledge of the animal's habits to find them. Until we have that, I think we'll just have to continue to let bigfoot find us

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
So the question is, how do you think like the hypothetical Bigfoot?

I suppose the answer could be in the first assumption that Bigfoot has intelligence near to that of humans. How does a human think? Which human cultures are the most in tune with nature? How do the most stealthy humans hide and evade?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Mountain gorillas were not discovered until 1902, according to this source:

Mountain Gorillas

Gorillas are social creatures but maybe Bigfoot isn't.They could be solitary creatures who only mate and carry on.It's possible but I really don't subscribe to that thought.
Woodland creatures have three advantages over humans.....sight,scent and hearing.If you factor intelligence in to the equation, I have no problem seeing why Bigfoot could avoid humans.

I saw a Video once of a hunter/outdoors man who said he came in proximity of a Bigfoot while driving to his trailer in the forest.He states he saw Bigfoot but turned his lights off or dimmed them and did not approach the creature.
He further states that the next day he was left with "presents" of bark at his trailer in what he believes was a show of appreciation from the Bigfoot.

I wish I had the link.What I'm getting at is many sightings have evidence that Bigfoot is an intelligent being,therefore, able to hide from humans.
Perhaps they have a sense of humor and like to play with us hairless,clothed bipeds.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Me and my brother in law were talking about this about a week ago. He knows a guy who has video of what certainly appears to be a sasquatch or "bigfoot." My brother in law said that in all of the years he has been out in the woods, he has never seen anything that even came close to resembling such a creature. I told him that if there were such a thing, there must not be many of them.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If you were a 7foot tall, smelly, biped, where would you hide?

In addition, -adaptive- camouflage.

There are 2 Bigfoot (dressed as hunters) in this pic. Can you spot them? NO!

Also, truth is BF don't really smell bad. Being vegetarians, they actually smell neutral, except when they get into the asparagus.

They carry diversionary stink bombs and set those off, then observe or escape.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In addition:

They have discriminating and subtle tastes

...but mostly it's about having a good concierge so you never have to leave the cave...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There is one theory that I ran across which suggests maybe Bigfoot lives in caves under the ground near rivers.

Like this: click

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I personally believe (based on hours of researching location data associated with sightings) they use riverbeds to traverse the countryside. But then I personally believe they are of a high enough intelligence they could realize this is a good defense mechanism.

[edit on 11-28-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Not only a good defense mechanism, but a good source of food, fresh water, a good point of reference for navigation, transportation, and possibly territorial borders.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well, my theory about them is one of two things

1. There are not very many of them, hence, seldom seen.

2. They are ultra-dimensional.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkDude

However if you get very unlucky like I did stalking for deer you may run into one or I should say it found me. I had a gun, A bolt rifle and I was very fearful of the outcome. It was close to sundown and had the privilege of being stalked by it out of the woods. When I hit the gravel road I ran like hell back to the truck very happy to be in a place where I knew I had the advantage. I never saw it and thats what scared me the most, If it was not a big foot then it was a grizzly sized black bare in Florida where they are always rare and very small. It had a two step walk longer than a man and when its foot hit the ground the ground vibrated. It stopped when it got about ten yards from me and then did not move till I started to slowly walk out backward most of the time hearing it moving toward me off my flank. I have been hunting all my life and have never heard or felt something like that. I was not in bear type woods, I was in a swampy area. I will leave that area of woods to what ever it is and not be hunting there again. If a serious big foot researcher wants to visit that place I will take him or her there at daytime and I will be armed but they will not. I think it would be a huge mistake to shoot at one of these because if you miss you might be killed, I wouldn't shoot till it was attacking.
As for where they hide. They hide where most hunters wont even go just like most critters who feel hunting pressure.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Also, truth is BF don't really smell bad. Being vegetarians, they actually smell neutral, except when they get into the asparagus.

They carry diversionary stink bombs and set those off, then observe or escape.

How do you know it's the "truth"? Many eyewitnesses say he's a predator because they saw him carrying an animal carcass.

And how on earth do you know they carry "stink bombs"? Wouldn't there be evidence of this at least?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I know from hearing many native american stories. (I am 1/4 Lakota indian) they speak of Chiye-tanka (Big Elder Brother). They say that even if you see one that you wouldnt remember it. It could be standing right in front of you. The reason for this is because the Lakota indians believe that Chiye-tanka has very unnatural powers where they can control your mind. My grandpa believed that is why people say that they feel a panic like none they have ever feeled before. It was the Chiye-tanka controlling their mind and making them feel paralyzed. As for me I am a very avid hunter and there is nothing in the woods I can't identify. I have heard some yelps that I couldn't identify about 2 weeks ago while deer hunting. It was very strange but i have never had an eyewitness encounter.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
One thing that I didn't take into account when talking about the necessity for a reasonably large breeding population.

Could BF be extremely long-lived?

If so, then that concept would have to be modified.

Concerning living in caves, there's still the problem of 'garbage' - bones of the things they ate, scat, bedding material, plant scraps, etc.

If they are as smart as humans, smarter in the way of woods lore, then they could hide their traces.

If I were going to try and co-exist beside an 'alien' population, obviously the places to hide would be in caves.

How to avoid detection is still another matter.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't think it would all that difficult to stay hidden in the Blues Mountains of Southeastern Washington or in the Cascades to the west. Both have rough terrain and not very many people. They could just sort of fade into the bush and remain still and not be detected. Further if indeed Bigfoot exsists we are assuming they have a lower intelligence level then we; what if they are our intellectual equals and choose to live as they do.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well I agree there are lots of places to hide...but consider that if BF is similar to humans, then they need certain things, among them:

1. running water
2. food sources
3. habitable terrain

...and they will accumulate trace material - garbage, bedding, tools (if any)

Now they may be smart, but just like human populations, some are not so smart, some are careless and if they have youngsters, then they are not as cautious.

So the locations they inhabit can't be too extreme, or they'd have trouble surviving.

They couldn't live too deep in caves because that would require energy expenditure to travel back and forth from the caves to the surface. However, it could be that they found an underground oasis, similar to what we saw in the fictional 'Journey to the Center of the Earth', which has a lot of their necessities.

But that's a longshot.

2 cents.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Aside from all the folklore and interdimentionalism, the reason they stay hidden so well is IMO a combination of things.

One issue not mentioned is that most people are just not looking for them or thinking about them. In many areas ATS members become so sensitized by the subject matter on the site that they project their feelings and attitudes out into the general public. A public that for the most part thinks little about BF or UFO's or conspiracy.

That being said, if you are not being looked for by the average Joe and taking into account that animals such as a Whitetail Buck are extremely stealthy it wouldn't be that difficult to hide. Many animals just plain freeze and I've seen hunters walk within 5 feet of a deer and never see it. In fact, deer will actually backtrack on their own paths stepping into the same spots in the snow. Lets face it, the average hunter is not much better at spotting animals than the average housewife. Combine this with tendencies to live in the remotest places possible along with above average intellect and that's all they need.

As for the smell, I do believe BF has an extremely strong odor and IMO it's purposeful mainly so they can find each other in what I believe to be a small and dwindling population. In order to find mates it's likely that their scent has to carry for miles.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by jbondo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join