It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Bigfoot stay hidden?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Man you guys haven't caught Bigfoot???
ummm... maybe because he's a myth...
How long has it been?? and not one Bigfoot to study..

PSP

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I know how he is hidden, he uses the 'Invisible Cape' of Harry Potter and ones in a while he takes it of to scare some people and then fast puts the cape back on.
Simply as that,

Just my 2 cents

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
by all means, find the time and the money to mount an expedition and go find one, they must be easy to track down given the size of the area and the intelligence of great apes

then find a way to capture and contain one of these huge incredibly strong creatures who more than likely have a family group in the area as well who would be likely to defend it
since nearly all primates do live in groups.

think of the strength of a chimp vs a man, they are many times stronger and could rip our limbs out of socket with ease despite being much smaller
then translate that to subduing capturing and containing an 7 to 8 foot tall one, after you track it down and all.

or maybe just take aim and shoot it, after all its only a dumb animal right?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Night vision equipment is all very well and good, and might even be effective, if Mr. Sasquatch didn't hear all these well equipped groups comin' long before they get near enough to use all that fancy schmancy equipment. If, or when, Sasquatch is seen in more than a blob or blur it'll more than likely be by someone with a little old digital camera, or, perish the thought, an old fashioned camera with film in it.

My opinion is thats why these big BFNO expeditions don't find much more than sketchy tracks and odd noises off in the distance. Too many noisy people and machines, Sasquatch just fades into the distance. Oh, and those odd noises? Sasquatch sittin' on a stump laughin' his ass off at the midgets with the funny lookin' fur.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

If this were the case I would think we'd be the ones slinking around in the woods while they drank cappuccino's at Starbucks.

I'm not sure sipping cappuccinos at Starbucks denotes intelligence. lol

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
I'm not sure sipping cappuccinos at Starbucks denotes intelligence. lol

Yes but it does denote people that assume they are intelligent. I have never set foot in a starbucks so I must admit that I have no idea what goes on in them other than people trying to impress each other while drinking average coffee.

Just popped into my head at the time.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by joe08

Maybe you should be in charge of finding new species, then we could all just stop looking....

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

You know lol I haven't either now that I think about it. I suppose I never had a reason to as I don't drink coffee. Which is also a little weird as I work in administration for a gourmet coffee/restaurant franchise corporation.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thats absolutely brilliant Bondo, can't believe no one ever thought of it before.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CloudlessKnight

I used to vacation in the U.P of Michigan when I was a kid every year, for years and years. We would camp in wooded area's that had a high bear population and over the years, I only saw 2 bear. These area's still had pretty big, surrounding human populations and there were always sporadic sitings of bear coming into camps and into yards. Sound familiar?

Assuming the big foot does exist, their stomping grounds are vastly more isolated then anywhere in the U.P. so it isn't surprising that encounters are very sporadic along with evidence.

Some people wonder why there has never been a big foot body found. Back to the bear analogy, I walked through hundreds of miles of woods over the years in bear country and not once did I see a dead bear in the woods or even bones. As soon as an animal dies, it becomes part of the food chain and I'm guessing a dead big foot taste just like every other dead thing in the woods-LIKE CHICKEN !!!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goon 26
This may sound silly but if people are actively searching for bigfoot why not use FLIR or something similar to find them, maybe get some sort of funding for research.

Originally posted byForestSanctuary
Wouldn't someone using thermal imaging technology to look for a Bigfoot eliminate the problem of camouflage or just.. not seeing it?

Originally posted byDarkDude
FLIR is a major part of my somewhat detailed plan to find BF some day. That's all assuming I have the money and time and a likeminded group. The dark hair would make the 800+lbs creature stand out like a neon sign in the woods.

I don't know a lot about this type of equipment, but I've definitely thought about using it. High res, portable, thermal imaging equipment would probably work great for finding a hidden animal, but I don't know how close you have to be to pick on heat. Aside from that, good FLIR cameras are expensive; I don't know about you guys, but far out of my current price range.

Probably one of the main reasons bigfoot hasn't been "found", aside from the sheer vastness of terrain to be covered, is a lack of proper funding for dedicated researchers to get the equipment they need. It's no secret that most of the scientific community does not take the topic seriously.

Maybe if we convinced the world that Bigfoot is causing global warming, then we'd get the money...

[edit on 30-11-2007 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by miss.terious

I try to stay on top of things.....Don't ask me what that means....

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
I don't drink coffee. Which is also a little weird as I work in administration for a gourmet coffee/restaurant franchise corporation.

Never got the dirt water thing either but that is quite ironic, at least in your world.

I imagine you have to fake it allot in your business. Taking fake sips of coffee and making those mmmm sounds. Imagine if you had an evil rival in the company and they found out you didn't like coffee? That would be quite a time indeed!

Am I off subject?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe08
Man you guys haven't caught Bigfoot???
ummm... maybe because he's a myth...
How long has it been?? and not one Bigfoot to study..

No such thing as a myth that has been sighted by real people, thousands of times.

Thousands of people don't report sightings of flying dragons. Thousands of people do not bump into leprechauns and minotaurs out in the forests.

Calling Bigfoot a 'myth' is such a cop-out. Don't get me started on the hoax excuse.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Haha, hope you caught my joke.

Cool about you going hunting with your Uncle.

BTW, if you look at that picture very closely you might find something hugh and unexpected!

I may have inadvertantly caught a frequenter of Starbucks in this photo. (j/k)

patefacio toxica egalitarianism there are two misspellings in this post

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I saw in a commercial on tv that they like Jack Link's Beef Jerky. Maybe you can lure him out with a bag of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Good point on the 'no reports of flying dragons' (however there are reports of 'Birdzillas' and 'Hogzillas'. I get your drift, though.

In addition, one stumbling block for me has be the 'breeding population' concept.

As a result of reading these two threads, I've realized that:

1. They could be hiding in caves;
2. They could be extremely long-lived;
3. They may have protective adaptations that are superior even to animals with adaptive camoflage;
4. There's no reason that they could not be more stealthy and intelligent wrt wood lore than the best Native American trackers and hunters of pre-European invasion times.
5. They may have the ability to hypnotise the viewer so that they 'forget' the sighting. (snakes use it on their prey, it's thought).

Adaptive camouflage is not unhead of in the animal kingdom. To deny that a mammal could have something like that is silly (after all they wear their own ghillie suit!)

In addition, I think it is rather foolish to summarily discount the Indian lore about them causing viewers to 'forget'.

patefacio toxica egalitarianism there are two misspellings in this post

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

The idea of snakes hypnotizing is probably a myth, due to the way they stare fixedly on their targets, and have no eye-lids to blink with. And prey sometimes freeze up for a second or two when they're afraid. Not to completely discount the idea of an ape with the ability to hypnotize or use some form of telepathic ability, since humans make these claims after all.

Just considering how likely this possibility is. And if they did have the ability to make people forget their encounters, then why do we still have reports of sightings? Seems to me that they would use it every time, not just every once in a while.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Imagine walking in the woods, alone. Far from home, let's say you're a native american out hunting, before the arrival of firearms and such. Suddenly you hear a thud, and watch as a 7' tall man like thing steps out from behind a tree and looks right at you. Taken by surprise like that, and with all their beliefs in spirits and such, I don't blame any of them for booking it back to their village and trying to forget what they saw.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well we seem to be getting into some deeper terrain here. I read a book with hundreds of sighting accounts, and a good portion of them involved psychic activity. One man in Texas was being visited by Sasquatch frequently at his remote house near a national forest, and he claims that they would stand outside his window and look him in the eye. He said that he often couldn't move while they did this, partially for the fact that he was always stunned in their presence, but he claims that they were trying to get into his mind.

It gets alot crazier than that. People have claimed that they can think with telepathy. Not exactly speaking to a person, but putting emotions and ideas into their head that they can't account for. This kind of experience leads them to believe that Sasquatch is not an animal but some kind of extra-dimensional or extremely evolved species.

In one of the more interesting accounts, a group of kids were regularly chasing down local Sasquatch after many sightings had been reported. They would often hear a 'humming' or the sound of deep underground machinery whenever a Sasquatch was near. They hypothesized that this was either some kind of technology or the Sasquatch literally manipulating the physical reality in it's vicinity. When the Sasquatch left, the noise stopped.

The Native Americans are adamant that Bigfoot is extra-dimensional and nature and acts as a go between between this world and others. Sightings of Bigfoot were taken as serious Omens that something was happening on the planet. They claim that because the continent is now populated with hundreds of millions of people, that the frequency of sightings has arisen for a reason. Not just that more people are out in the forest, but that the Sasquatch is here experiencing a global change in consciousness with us.

I personally believe, as my ancestors did, that they are simply men, extremely strong, extremely large, natural men who's habitat and life style has endowed them with extraordinary senses - and perhaps, psychic ability.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join