It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Bigfoot stay hidden?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Everyone is saying that "What if they are nearly as intelligent as humans?" My question would be what if they are more intelligent than we are? That wouldn't be terribly difficult. And it would make evading us a cake-walk.

reply to post by Badge01

Can you spot them? NO!

Actually, yes. Especially the one wearing blaze orange.
But my father and uncles are all hunters and have taken me into the woods with them to be bored in countless tree-stands for as long as I can remember.

I would love to see BF...if it exists.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CloudlessKnight

guessing at this answer-------it has a cloaking device----------you know like that head hunting alien that came to earth on vacation which arnold swatzin**r (governor of california) killed when he didnt want to hand his head over to the alien ?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
As for the smell, I do believe BF has an extremely strong odor and IMO it's purposeful mainly so they can find each other in what I believe to be a small and dwindling population. In order to find mates it's likely that their scent has to carry for miles.
[edit on 29-11-2007 by jbondo]

This is where I think the confusion of whether Bigfoot has a smelly odor or not comes into play. If, say, the strong odor was used to find mates, then it's likely that they would only be producing those scents within specific time frames during the year, instead of all year 'round.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
If, say, the strong odor was used to find mates, then it's likely that they would only be producing those scents within specific time frames during the year, instead of all year 'round.

I'm not saying it's specific to mating as it may be a way to just find another BF in general. However, I wouldn't rule out that scent may become stronger during certain times of the year due to environmental factors having to do with ease of child rearing coinciding with spring/summer. I do believe them to be very migratory though and in many cases may be mating when the chance presents itself. Also, I'm sure a female will have a signature scent as well as a young and viral male. Possibly they lose much of their scent as they age and stop the reproduction cycle.

All of this is sheer speculation as we can only make assumptions based on other species. So many questions....

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Everyone is saying that "What if they are nearly as intelligent as humans?" My question would be what if they are more intelligent than we are? That wouldn't be terribly difficult. And it would make evading us a cake-walk.

If this were the case I would think we'd be the ones slinking around in the woods while they drank cappuccino's at Starbucks.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

If this were the case I would think we'd be the ones slinking around in the woods while they drank cappuccino's at Starbucks.

No way! Have you seen the prices at Starbucks?

I posted a thread that has some discussion on this topic. My speculation is along the lines of the 'extradimensional' theory, but in answer to your question of how he stays hidden, I think he has help.

I think that there is a conspiracy to keep the links between 'mainstream science' and 'hokus-pokus' under wraps. It is conceivable that 'they' know what Bigfoot is, and to uncover that truth would be compromising other information that has been deemed not for the peasants.

For example, mainstream science says things like remote viewing and other 'ESP' abilities don't exist, yet many people here believe that the government studies and uses those tactics in top secret operations.

So, a cover-up seems possible to me; I think it could be the SAME conspiracy to hide facts about UFOs and other 'unexplainable' phenomena.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
OK. Here is another piece of the story: I found another report from the FRONT of the plane : the people who were telling Betty her info. THEY TOO DID NOT SEE OR SENSE ANY HIGHJACKING AT FIRST !! It was the same at the front as the back!! Thats amazing!! The crew up front would SURELY , I mean SURELY have seen highjackers assaulting and taking the cockpit and removing the pilots.

They are still reporting what someone is saying, and HOW in the world could the ' highjcakers ' take the cockpits unnoticed? No way. Remote is the only way. Nothing could be as fast as remote, yet we are asked to believe that flesh and blood Saudi's were capable of repeated superhuman feats with total success rates. Instantaneous, every time. So fast that even the CRW does not notice!! In EVERY case the crew says that they simply cannot contact the cockpit: It does NOT say that the pilots were expelled or harmed.

blogs.salon.com...

This confirms that: The plane was taken so fast that no crew members were aware of it happening. The crew found out somehow when supposed injuries started being spoken of. But remember that there is NO place on ther tapes or on the transcripts where we hear passengers reacting emotionally at all. If people were being stabbed and there was gas and people could not breath, there would be pandemonium, guaranteed. People would run and stampede to get air if they could not breathe, and any stabbing would bring cries of fear from some and other expressions as well. yet we hear NOTHING but the voice in the beackground giving the spiel.

WHY is no one reacting to the stabbing? No crying, no wailing, no loud talking as passengers would NO DOUBT be arguing among themselves about what to do or not do and what was happening..It is UNNATURALLY quiet on that plane, and I know why: the passengers were playing along with the game also, and staying still when not their turn to obey an order.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sorry..I messed up and obviously posted this here by mistake..read it anyway!! Sorry..if a Mod can move it I would be grateful.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
I think that there is a conspiracy to keep the links between 'mainstream science' and 'hokus-pokus' under wraps. It is conceivable that 'they' know what Bigfoot is, and to uncover that truth would be compromising other information that has been deemed not for the peasants.

I don't think the government has anything to do with covering up evidence of Bigfoot. I subscribe to the idea that it's a real, living, breathing, biological entity that is simply so rare (maybe endangered) and so keen at hiding, that one has not been captured alive.

I don't see any reason for the government to hide the existance of Bigfoot, and I can't really imagine any way that they could, even if it was on the agenda.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

And you are probably right. My theory is just based on some of the weirder things I've heard. If he's just a rare type of animal, then a cover-up wouldn't make sense. Many BF stories contain elements of the paranormal, though. If he's some kind of extraterrestrial/dimensional creature then my theory makes a little more sense. I've never seen one, so my own belief is moot; it's all speculation here, but I have no problem admitting your idea is far more likely to be true.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
He stays hidden by using a free energy cloaking device developed by reptilians who are funded by the US government.

...or he can just be an animal with instincts to avoid human contact.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This may sound silly but if people are actively searching for bigfoot why not use FLIR or something similar to find them, maybe get some sort of funding for research. If in fact they do live in cave's you would think that they would have to surface sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Well I believe Bigfoot is a north American bipedal ape. And I believe being bipedal points to an intelligence we don't normaly associate with the an animal. This is one of the reasons they are hard to track and locate. Living in the northwest I can tell you the areas they are said to inhabit are for the most part void of human life. The forest is so thick vast around the cascades a species could stay hidden for a very long time. Especially if they wanted to.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Osyris]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wouldn't someone using thermal imaging technology to look for a Bigfoot eliminate the problem of camouflage or just.. not seeing it? If not then it is probably something supernatural. Also, I doubt this is the case, but is it possible that Bigfoot are actually people accustomed to living in the wilderness that wear layers of animal fur, either to stay warm or possibly some kind of belief regarding animal spirits?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
FLIR is a major part of my somewhat detailed plan to find BF some day. That's all assuming I have the money and time and a likeminded group. The dark hair would make the 800+lbs creature stand out like a neon sign in the woods.

I personally think this is one thing the government isnt covering up. I can't think of anything they would gain by hiding the existance of such creatures. Unless the whole interdimensional idea is true, but I'm not a big believer of that stuff.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Let's assume it exists

Let's assume it has been around at least as long as humans

Let's assume it has intelligence AT LEAST of a gorilla or ape.

Let's assume it's omnivorous (hunt's as well)

Let's assume that this species is not plentiful but may be on the brink of extinction.

I would have to agree with the previous post that its hair or fur would make it extremely hard to see.

I would believe that if its intelligent it would understand that it should be at least cautious if not consider us dangerous to be around so to try to avoid us as much as possible.

If it's a hunter then it would not only be able to use its natural camouflage (hair fur etc) but know how to keep silent and blend with its surrounding's and use its other heightened senses to keep away from humans.

I’m Australian so I’m unfamiliar with the American or Canadian forest area so I wouldn’t know if it’s possible to have caves but if caverns are common in that area then that would certainly make it easier to hide.

I have also heard or read about these bipedal apes have a real pungent smell about them… It would make sense if they are covered in sticky sweaty fur and eat raw meat and carry carcasses as a previous post stated.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Yay! A bigfoot thread!

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread first,

But I live in Northwest Montana. We are only a portion of the Pacific Northwest.

Wilderness is not a joke. There is more room for gigantic animals to dissappear and hide out here than any one person can fathom.

An intelligent, strong, fast animal with super-tuned senses is almost impossible to track down. Ask anybody who has ever hunted mountain lions etc. Now consider how difficult it must be to sneak up or stumble upon a Sasquatch.

It's just not a joke. Wilderness hides Bigfeet. I have met many people who have eye-witness accounts. My father is an experienced woodsman, and after spending years in the mountains, I sat down with him and looked at a map of the wilderness behind our mountains and was blown away. I had spent my life exploring just one side of those mountains. Beyond that... it is an ocean of wilderness and mountains. Far as the eye can see.

My dad looked at me and said, 'That's why there are Bigfeet. That's why there have always been Bigfeet.'

The matter of fact way he stated it blew me away. I had never shared with him my interest in Sasquatch at that point, but he knew that I believed in them.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForestSanctuary
Wouldn't someone using thermal imaging technology to look for a Bigfoot eliminate the problem of camouflage or just.. not seeing it? If not then it is probably something supernatural. Also, I doubt this is the case, but is it possible that Bigfoot are actually people accustomed to living in the wilderness that wear layers of animal fur, either to stay warm or possibly some kind of belief regarding animal spirits?

It is far more possible that Bigfoot are people that became physically accustomed to living in the wilderness for hundreds of thousands of years. That's why we call them people out here, or at least the natives do. The term 'Sasquatch' was coined by the Salish, of which I am a descendant. It simply means 'Men of the forest'. They are people, not human, but people.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

Yes!

They are intelligent and hyper-conscious of their surroundings. Comparing the modern human hunters ability to scope out a track of wilderness, with the ability of a Sasquatch to cover terrain and sense/smell/hear it's surroundings is just no contest.

Perhaps they are not more intelligent than us, but considering their habitat and how far they have evolved, they are masters at evading us. The only sightings I have heard about in person, were from a long distance. People spot them on hillsides or across lakes, rarely up close. In up close encounters, the Sasquatch is almost always the first to make contact. They are curious about humans, which is a sign of intelligence. Rarely does a human just bump into a Sasquatch.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have heard from many people that they seem to disappear when standing still, and i have seen a snipped of video that certainly seems to confirm this.
my hypothesis is that their hair not only acts as a ghillie suit but may have some sort of light refractive qualities we havent encountered in other animals. Any creature who lived in the woods and needed to stay concealed might adapt with some extrordinary features, and bigfoot being an extraordinary creature in and of itself tells me that maybe something more than we have seen in other mammals is going on
a large cat can become almost invisible in the scenery when being still, that is why they have the remarkable color patterns so many have.
its uncanny really, i have even watched housecats do it while stalking prey

as for the smell
the other night my neighbors dog got into it with my poor kitty
when kitty came tearing into the house he stunk like rotten poo, but different and worse.
I have smelled that from other really frightened or worked up animals, it must be some sort of pheremone release.
I would imagine that an encounter with a human is generally highly stressful for a bigfoot so maybe that weird rotten smell people speak of is a hormone release in response to stress, or to discourage the human from getting to close to them, or even to leave the area before they are spotted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join