It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam & Eve's Incest Scandal!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Im just curious, some say that Adam and Eve were the only 2 people on the planet, 2 people, adam, and eve...so my question is,,,,after adam and eve had sinned, and they got kicked out of paradise,,,who exactly are all these other people mentioned in the bible, i mean they had two sons, kane and abel, kane killed abel, so they had one son left,,,if adam and eve were originally the ONLY 2 people on the planet, are u telling me then that kane slept with his mother, or did eve have another child, a daughter and in turn adam and abel fornicated with their own mother and sister,,,and then whole world is the result of incest ?? or whats going on here.....

Others say again that Adam was the male population and eve the female population, and that when they talk about adam and eve, they are talking not about just one man and one woman, but many men and woman....

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The short answer...

It's a story, not historical fact.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Yes yes, some believe it's just a "story"

But i am asking those firm bible believers who believe everything the bible tells them, those who actually believe that adam and eve were on earth,,and blah blah,,, do u understand now ?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
perhaps you should actually read the bible.

adam and eve (if you ignore his 2 previous wives) actually had many children - cain, abel and seth are named but it later says they had other sons and daughters. cain murdered abel and was banished to live with the people of the land of nod.

this is why you should always question what you are told.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Still doesn't make sense

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sethdarke

That's because you live in Cape Town LMAO
The bible sometimes doesn't make sense and is not meant to be taken literally.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It's a story based on real events that has been translated and orally passed along for thousands of years. It's unlikely to be completely accurate, but the general gist is there.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hard question. let's suppose you and your sister were the only ones left on earth? then what? you would ask god to let you have relations with your sister for the good of humanity and continue. but you wouldn't be doing it for lust or any other sexual pleasure. only to survive. So adam and eve being the first people on earth got a break.

After God saw all of these wrong doings he stopped it later. they learned from their mistakes..so it's wrong to do it now, but perhaps it was the right thing to do back then. For the mess up Eve got us all into.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Someone once told me the answer to the adam and eve problem was that they were the first people created, but others where also being created around the earth. I'd like to know why all people are born sinners if only adam and eve ate the apple while there were other people being created

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
but how do you consider it to be incest? adam and ever were not siblings. they were not related persay like brothers and sisters today. god created each on individually..think like someone giving you a girlfriend. that's not incest.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkey_descendantI'd like to know why all people are born sinners if only adam and eve ate the apple while there were other people being created

It was metaphorical. It isn't literal.

We still eat apples today so we are all sinning then. The bible does not specifically say Apple but "fruit". It was a forbidden fruit... it could have been anything . It may have been a sin of the flesh? Who knows for sure 100% with it being metaphorical.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
come on guys. they ate the fruit of knowledge, from the tree of knowing good and evil. it's not an apple.

read more here.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Adam and Eve were created as nearly perfect human specimens. Go back and read the first few chapters of Genesis and you'll see that people used to live to be over 900 years old. There was no problem with Cain or Abel marrying one of their sisters at this point. Since there were no genetic defects, there was no risk or issue with marrying such a close relative. Today we don't marry so close into the family out of fear of genetic defects. If you have a genetic disorder and marry your sister/cousin, there's a good chance your children will have the same problem. That wasn't an issue at the time.

If you think that's odd, you should read about Lot's daughters getting pregnant by their father (Gen 19:33–36), Abraham was married to his half-sister, and Moses was the result of a man marrying his aunt. (Exod 6:20)

The word "incest" was first broadly used in the 1200s and came to be law after the royal family was exposed as having numerous genetic flaws due to constant inbreeding. The actual written laws didn't come about until 1620 an even then it only appled to members of the royal court. Today most states have laws against marrying brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, aunts, and uncles. May have laws against marrying cousin, but I doubt they would stand as lawful if challenged. After-all we don't prohibit people with cystc-fibrosis from marrying others who have the same genetic flaw.

One final thought. Charles Darwin and Albert Einstein both married their cousin. How about that?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I read it as a metaphor, not literal- as for incest, it is downright extremely disturbing, even for cousins

[edit on 28-11-2007 by blueorder]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
I read it as a metaphor, not literal- as for incest, it is just extremely disturbing, even for cousins

A bit off topic. but when I was younger I had a crush on my cousin. I told herI would marry her and give her kitchen supplies. I was about 10 years old. talking nonsense of course. would I have sexual relations with her? no. not after what I know now.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
but how do you consider it to be incest? adam and ever were not siblings. they were not related persay like brothers and sisters today. god created each on individually..

"Individually"? And here I thought the story went... "God created Eve from Adam's rib". That version would lead one to believe that they shared DNA (much like a brother/sister, or Father/Daughter relation).

Also, if you read justyc's post, "Adam and Eve actually had many children - Cain, Abel, and Seth are named, but it later says they had other sons and daughters". Who were these children reproducing with (if not their siblings)?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Where the hell are the people who believe that adam and eve were the only 2 people on earth ??

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
One way (evolution) or an other (creationism ) we all sister and brother producing offspring to populate the world.
Now if any one think that the taboo of incest is as old as humanity then think again because incest is a taboo brought to you by your world local religion.
Before the Abramic religions they where no such thing as incest…the question is why?
If any one care to give he’s view.

Kacou

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
One way (evolution) or an other (creationism ) we all sister and brother producing offspring to populate the world.
Now if any one think that the taboo of incest is as old as humanity then think again because incest is a taboo brought to you by your world local religion.
Before the Abramic religions they where no such thing as incest…the question is why?
If any one care to give he’s view.

Kacou

Because the bible is the final word. the bible says it's wrong. jesus said it was wrong. therefore, all of our foundations here in America come from the bible. our founding fathers used the ten commandments, the bible to make the laws. if it wasn't for the bible, people would still be performing numerous incest cases. hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well the bible does have more than one incest case in it's recollections, also is many interesting cases of hallucinations, paranoia and delusions by some the main characters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join