It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam & Eve's Incest Scandal!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well the bible does have more than one incest case in it's recollections, also is many interesting cases of hallucinations, paranoia and delusions by some the main characters.

That's the old testament. before the coming of Jesus. in the new testament Jesus comes around and woops butt. tells everyone how to write the laws, respect everyone and pretty much lays down the law for everyone to follow. Hence, the United States constitution!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedimiller
if it wasn't for the bible, people would still be performing numerous incest cases.

You mean like the numerous incest cases you constantly hear about involving mostly catholic priests ?

[edit on 28-11-2007 by XyZeR]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

reply to post by XyZeR

No, that's pedophilia (a whole different "can o' worms" than incest).

[edit on 11/28/07 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

Originally posted by Jedimiller
if it wasn't for the bible, people would still be performing numerous incest cases.

You mean like the numerous incest cases you constantly hear about involving mostly catholic priests ?

[edit on 28-11-2007 by XyZeR]

No more, that it is culturally frowned upon, Christianity accepts all people are sinners, including priests, none of us are perfect, and some priests act in a despicable manner in spite of their professed religious teachings

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If Eve was formed from Adam's rib, this would be a form of genetic cloning. The only difference you would have to make is duplicate the X chromosome. This was done in Heinlen's "Time Enough for Love" by Lazurus Long.

In that book, he considered it masterbation to have relations with his female "clones"

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Yeah you are right Christianity really knew how write their laws, to favor the establishment of the church and give it powers.

Is such a profitable business too.

Still corruption runs rampant.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Thank you for your input.
Please don’t take me wrong…I like you to put the Bible a way for a second.
I have read intensively about the world before the rise of the Abramic religion.
Before the old testament was written we can find many civilisation large and small that have not written any thing against or for the concept of incest. You know why? Because it was a normal way of life. Tribe will only procreate between them so they could regulate the number of the individual against the food stock.
You said that it is the word of God…I say it was the word of a certain power elite. The 10 commandment has been known to have regenerated from a very old set of rules inscribe in some tablets in Mesopotamia 1500 before any account of Moses. Also in the 10 commandment is no mention of incest. Incest is prohibited by all country in the world but this didn’t prevent the overpopulation that we are facing today. If you think about it, we will not be 6 billions people in this planet if incest was not prohibited.
My question again…is why is incest so taboo
I know it is a very delicate debate, but please lets be very objective and analytic about this subject.

kacou

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Reason i'm not catholic. I grew up catholic and seen how it works. You can't trust those nasty priests. in christianity you don't need a messenger to tell you what the bible is all about.

I read it myself, follow the word of god. not needing representatives such as those old pervert priest from catholism. No offence to the catholics of course. I grew up in catholic school. And be asured, I was never abused sexually.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If Adam and Eve were the only two people on earth to start with, then we are all genetically related. It's lucky Kain and Abel weren't born with birth defects or deformed eh?

Everytime you sleep with someone, it is incest. Well... that is if you believe in the holy book

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

You obviously didn't read what I wrote about this on page 1 of this very thread. That's all been covered. No genetic flaws, means they couldn't pass on flaws to their children. Genetic flaws have gradually crept into the human DNA sequence. Sort of the reverse of what Darwanist belive. Yes, the same Darwin that married his cousin.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

That is exactely my point…we are all getting our self in an incestual behaviour.
Is a biological basis for the prevention of inbreeding seems unquestionable?
Maybe.
But just how harmful inbreeding really is for successive generations remains an open question to this day.

kacou

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

So what is your opinion about incest.
Why incest has become so taboo? Is there some kind of conspiracy of the true nature of interbreeding?

Kacou

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

dbates has got this one most correct.

edit: and... i .. feel the same way he does.

and, this has 3 lines, not illegal, see?

[edit on 11/28/2007 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Marrying outside your direct family is a good but not fail-safe method of preventing inherited genetic problems. I think in reality, there's nothing immoral or shameful about marrying your cousin. As I mentioned earlier, we don't screen marriage partners for genetic compatability. Most likely, 95% of first cousins could marry without fear of genetic issues. It's actually legal in 19 states of the U.S. to marry your first cousin.

Marrying your brother/sister is illegal, (not immoral) and it's probably for the best. Genetic issues do exist and it's best to have a buffer to help protect us from these problems.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Marrying outside your direct family is a good but not fail-safe method of preventing inherited genetic problems. I think in reality, there's nothing immoral or shameful about marrying your cousin.

For example, if you are an African or African American, if you had a child with someone who is not African or African American, your child will have a much less chance of inheriting the ability to form sickle cell anemia.

Because that genetic variant is only on one side, not both.

To speak on it further, all the racists on the past centuries who have said races and peoples should live autonomous from each other and only marry and breed with each other so they'd become "stronger" and "pure" had it all wrong.

The truth is, breeding across ethnic lines or even distant tribal lines (for example, you are Irish and you have a child with an Eastern European woman) actually makes the offspring "stronger" in the sense of less genetic deformities and defects.

This is why the American Government should allow Polygamy and make it law that every male at the age of 18 receives 5 mail order brides of their choice from countries who have a negotiated agreement with the U.S. This will strengthen the future generations of Americans! Long live America!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well, there was supposedly Lilith, Adam's mistress. And almost all men today are related to Y-chromosomal Adam

Y-chromosomal Adam is named after the "Adam" of the Genesis account of creation as a metaphor only, and was not the first human.

The name incorrectly implies that Y-chromosomal Adam was the only living male of his time; he was not. Many men alive at the same time as Y-chromosomal Adam have descendants alive today. However, only Y-chromosomal Adam produced an unbroken line of male descendants carrying his Y chromosome (Y-DNA) that persists today.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
hehehe

I actually got asked to leave my sunday school when I was 9 years old for asking that EXACT question!!!!!

Now that I am older and put away childish things
I now understand that the 2 people were not inf act Adam and Eve but 2 early races of modern man
1) Adam - Adamites
2) Eve - ??

So this would lead me to belive there was no incest at all just normal sex

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Eve was made from Adam's rib (cloned). With genetic manipulation to bring out the female chomozones. According to the scriptures, they were born male and female (twins) and so they were already "one flesh". This is one viewpoint on this. A man's wife was actually his sister from birth. At that time it was not the devous lust thing that man leter made it to be, but intended by God for the purpose of populating the Earth. After the fall of man, laws governing behavior were instituted because man could no longer obey the design of God from the heart any more. Thus the incestual lust thing was condemned.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

This is why the American Government should allow Polygamy and make it law that every male at the age of 18 receives 5 mail order brides of their choice from countries who have a negotiated agreement with the U.S. This will strengthen the future generations of Americans! Long live America!

I agree with this 100%!

I just don't think my wife would though. . .

I read somewhere once that if you had @ 30 people, 15 males & 15 females, that you could rebuild humanity. Less than that would produce too many defected children. As dbates stated. We now have many defects embedded in our DNA today so it would take more people to rebuild humanity than it did 100/10 thousand years ago.

It is true that humanity as a whole can be traced to one source by counting the number of genetic mutations in our DNA. If I remember correctly we are all decendants of Homo ergaster, or, ("working man").

Someone mentioned royal famlies & incestual behavior. One way they used to combat this, and still keep their "royal bloodlines" pure, was through betroval. It was a win-win situation because not only did it help the two nations become allies, but it introduced "new" royal blood.

If you really want to find an abundance of royal incest take a look at the ancient egyptian pharoahs;

Ancient Egypt's lineage was traced through women and property was passed through women. For this reason, Ancient Egypt originated as a matriarchy. The pharoahs were trustees of the property passed down and their reign was decided by their matrilineal status. Because of the matrilineal structure, husbands would lose their property and status if their wife died. The property was passed down to the daughters and granddaughters. Many incest relations began with fathers and daughters and granddaughters because the men wanted to stay with the property. There were also numerous brother/sister incest marriages.

source

2PacSade-

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

No, I must admit I didn't read that as I was short for time and only skimmed through.

However it doesn't change the fact that at this point in time, if the Adam and Eve theory is true then we are still all genetic cousins. Of course if it was more than two people ie the adamites and the eves... doesn't that blow the Adam and Eve theory out of the water... did God create all of these beings? This doesn't tie in with what I was taught. I don't see how people can be so dogmatic about these kind of things. It just doesn't make sense!

On the morality side of it, you say there is nothing immoral or shameful about marrying within the family.. maybe it seems immoral and shameful to me because I have been brought up to think that, maybe it's a cultural difference? With the billions of people in the world (6 billion i think?) Why would any human need to marry a relative? Especialy seeing as your more likely to have weak offspring with genetic flaws. That to me is immoral

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join