It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam & Eve's Incest Scandal!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
First let's establish what the Bible says about God.

John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

1 Timothy 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

James 1:17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.

1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.

Now notice what happend to Moses..

Exodus 20
21And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

22And the LORD said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.

and this

Exodus 33
20And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

21And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

22And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

23And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

and this
Exodus 24
9 Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up 10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself. 11 But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.

satan has ownership of earth through the sin of Adam and Eve until Jesus takes it back. If you read Job God allows satan to do all kinds of things to test Job but tells satan not to kill him. Job didn't know God was testing him and satan didn't tell. satan thought that man was already evil and not worthy to be in the God family. That is when God gave satan the commandments to give to Moses. satan thought this would destroy man and save him and his fallen angels.

We are in the last days. Prophecy is throughout the Bible and if you look you will see that almost all of them have been fulfilled. See the on-line book by Peter Stoner "Science Speaks" Read the whole book before you poo poo God, Many people just don't look. We are about to go into a one world order government. If you want to know what that will be like I will post on that too. It is coming and there are several reasons why it couldn't have happend in the past.
Until then God bless.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
it is either a myth or there is a logical explanation. since none of us were actually there, anything posted saying "this is the truth" is merely speculation; and whether true or not, it should not affect us from living a life based in true goodness.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Even if you take it literally, dbates is right on the money with this one...

Adam and Eve were created as nearly perfect human specimens. Go back and read the first few chapters of Genesis and you'll see that people used to live to be over 900 years old. There was no problem with Cain or Abel marrying one of their sisters at this point. Since there were no genetic defects, there was no risk or issue with marrying such a close relative. Today we don't marry so close into the family out of fear of genetic defects. If you have a genetic disorder and marry your sister/cousin, there's a good chance your children will have the same problem. That wasn't an issue at the time.

This is the Biblical "out" for the whole incest attack, however yes, the Bible and it's heroes are rife with incidents of incest, rape, polygamy, adultery, and (what today we'd consider as) pedophilia.... It was a different time, different culture, and different customs.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here is another spin if you follow it as it's written in order. Gen 1:26 " And God said Let us make man in our own image our own likeness and let "them" have dominion over the fish of he sea fowl in the air...." Gen 1:27 "And God blessed "them" and said unto them Be fruitful and multiply,and "replenish" the earth..."

Text

Ok what I'm reading is that God made humans more that one at least,and told them to go replenish the earth.Why does the earth needs to be "replenished" if its new? If God is a spirit with no physical body what likeness will these men be?And who are"we and our" If there is one God?Now lets read a little further down.Gen 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth,and every herb of the field before it grew for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth and there was not a man to till the ground."

Text

All right so what happen to the guys in the first chapter? Could it be that this is the start of another creation? Two verses down it says...

Text

Gen 2:7 "And the Lord formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Text

A special kind of man perhaps?Who's family line is suppose to produce a long line of prophets and blessed wise men?A man who's job is to take care of a specific part of the land called Eden?

Text

Gen 2:15 'And the Lord took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to dress and keep it."

Text

Then God creates woman Eve and you know the rest.Ok say there was creation of man before Adam and Eve.Men who where pure spirit at first.Who had the ability to manipulate matter on a small level like the one or ones that created them."In our image and "likeness".Keyword "likeness". Appearance was already covered with the word "image".And perhaps this happen millions of years before Adam and Eve.

Text

Perhaps Edward Cayce was on to something about how the first humans were spirits or thought projections that projected them selfs in the material world.

Text

If that's the case then Cain meet his wife about lets say 6,000 years ago and she was just a woman he met and not his sister.I'm not saying this is how it happen.The first two chapters of Genesis may just be the same story with more details.

Text

Just one of the many ways it can be looked at

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Tricky63]

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The problem is not anyone of us have the understanding or knowledge to make a decision completely on anything biblicly. were still learning that 2 x 2 = 4, while other bible scholars are into algabra now , meaning more knowledge and understanding, but still have way more things to learn, which we all do so just because things dont make since to you now I would proclaim that its more your lack of knowledge and understanding then what the Bible scritures say.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkey_descendant
Someone once told me the answer to the adam and eve problem was that they were the first people created, but others where also being created around the earth. I'd like to know why all people are born sinners if only adam and eve ate the apple while there were other people being created
yup, but since there weren't very many I guess the sin was spread by intermarrying with adam/eve lineage. Kind of like STD that is also inherited.

Or God treated Adam/Eve special because they were the 1st of their kind so if they sinned all the rest of their kind lost favor with him.

Then again, I am just speculating.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Did you get this history lesson from Bible school? The founders did not use the 10 Commandments anymore than the Babylonian's did in forming the code of Hammurabi.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join