It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Biblical Texts and Art Depict a Reptilian-Humanoid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have read in one of these posts that someone thought the Bible did not mention reptoids or reptilians. This is, of course, an etymological argument.

Although the authors of the Bible did not use our modern terminology, they could have possibly been trying to pass down the secret reality of reptoids to us though associated ancient texts and spiritual art.

The Bible and older Jewish texts do not use the modern name "Reptoid" or "Reptilians" when they are describing their ancestor's communications with intelligent reptilian humanoid beings.

Through the ages, the description of the reptilian-humanoid beings that Adam and Eve encountered has been changed. By calling it a "serpent" and nothing more, biblical revisionists have effectively simplified the description and robbed humanity of a more mysterious and, possibly, accurate reality of which we are only now recognizing.

The ancient Jewish accounts of the Garden of Eden, for example, describe beings that are more like reptoids than just plain serpents. They also tell how their behavior amidst early mankind resulted in their being cast down INTO TO EARTH (tunnels and caverns?), and having all traces of their ever having hands or ability to walk upright hidden from surface humans erased from man's memories and sight until the last days of the great "Judgment."

Take "The Legend of the Jews" Volume 1, by Louis Ginzberg 1909 for example. According Ms. Ginzberg, the serpent in Genesis could speak, walked upright on two legs, and chase Adam and Eve through the garden.

(TRANSLATED FROM THE ORIGINAL GERMAN MANUSCRIPT BY HENRIETTA SZOLD) " Among the animals the serpent was notable. Of all of them he had the most excellent qualities, in some of which he resembled man. Like man he stood upright upon two feet, and in height he was equal to the camel. Had it not been for the fall of man, which brought misfortune to them, too, one pair of serpents would have sufficed to perform all the work man has to do, and, besides, they would have supplied him with silver, gold, gems, and pearls. As a matter of fact, it was the very ability of the serpent that led to the ruin of man and his own ruin. His superior mental gifts caused him to become an infidel. It likewise explains his envy of man, especially of his conjugal relations."

She continues...

"straightway decreed the following ten punishments: The mouth of the serpent was closed, and his power of speech taken away; his hands and feet were hacked off; the earth was given him as food; he must suffer great pain in sloughing his skin; enmity is to exist between him and man; if he eats the choicest viands, or drinks the sweetest beverages, they all change into dust in his mouth; the pregnancy of the female serpent lasts seven years; men shall seek to kill him as soon as they catch sight of him; even in the future world, where all beings will be blessed, he will not escape the punishment decreed for him; he will vanish from out of the Holy Land if Israel walks in the ways of God.

Furthermore, God spoke to the serpent, telling him: "I created thee to be king over all animals, cattle and the beasts of the field alike; but thou wast not satisfied. Therefore thou shalt be cursed above all cattle and above every beast of the field. I created thee of upright posture; but thou wast not satisfied. Therefore thou shalt go upon thy belly. I created thee to eat the same food as man; but thou wast not satisfied. Therefore thou shalt eat dust all the days of thy life. Thou didst seek to cause the death of Adam in order to espouse his wife. Therefore I will put enmity between thee and the woman."

"As angels had been present when the doom was pronounced upon the serpent--for God had convoked a Sanhedrin of seventy-one angels when He sat in judgment upon him--so the execution of the decree against him was entrusted to angels. They descended from heaven, and chopped off his hands and feet. His suffering was so great that his agonized cries could be heard from one end of the world to the other."

"The serpent God addressed thus: 'Because thou becamest the vessel of the Evil One, deceiving the innocent, cursed art thou above all cattle and above every beast of the field. Thou shalt be robbed of the food thou wast wont to eat, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life. Upon thy breast and thy belly shalt thou go, and of thy hands and thy feet thou shalt be deprived. Thou shalt not remain in possession of thy ears, nor of thy wings, nor of any of thy limbs wherewith thou didst seduce the woman and her husband, bringing them to such a pass that they must be driven forth from Paradise. And I will put enmity between thee and the seed of man. It shall bruise thy head, and, thou shalt bruise his heel until the day of judgment.' "
The Legend of the Jews Volume 1 by Louis Ginzberg 1909
philologos.org...

Early artists used the traditional Jewish accounts of the serpent in Eden, such as this, as inspiration for their depictions the garden of Eden in their illustrations. Check out a few of these illustrations for examples.

Temptation, Fall, and Expulsion from the Garden
Les Tres Riches Heures du Duc de Berry. , 1411-1416. Brothers Limbourg, Franco-Flemish. Musée Condé, Chantilly

A 15th c. Manuscript Illumination

Fall of Man or Original Sin (1467/8) Hugo van der Goes (c. 1440-1482). 35.5x23.2 cm. Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna.

While this art is not provided as proof of Reptoid interactions with human beings, they do illustrate how the ancient Jewish texts, from which the biblical accounts were derived, originally provided us with a picture of something more fantastic than just a simple snake.

Should we be re-examining our ancestor's tradtions in our quest to know more about these ophidian "alien" beings and the hidden reality of our world?

Anthropomorphic images and descriptions like these may contain clues that will eventually illuminate truth regarding modern reports of reptilian-humanoid contacts and sightings.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by CryptoHunter]

[edit on 11/27/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Reptilian humanoids are the "evil ones". The Story can be found thought the stories of the Globe. From the sumarian texts to where the reptoids hid in caves in Africa upon the great flood.

The best single text telling the story of the reptilian "alien" can be found in the Book of Enoch. Though it's been translated as "giants" when it should have been translated otherwise.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by Incarnated]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
imagine reptilain beings seeding the earth first with dinosaurs to see if they survive... certainly "giants"... those images look like "raptors"! and then they are sent underground to mine the gold, while the humans are left to tend the gardens... did the "serpent" offer humans the gift of becoming sentient by allowing them to taste of the fruit of the tree of knowledge? what was that fruit of the gods?... well it may have had a red cap and white spots....

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Hey thats Michelangelo's Fresco. I like this one alot, it is my desktop wallpaper.

But I agree, I think the "serpent" used to have limbs and wings. I think this is where the "Dragon" of myth came from.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell
imagine reptilain beings seeding the earth first with dinosaurs to see if they survive... certainly "giants"... those images look like "raptors"! and then they are sent underground to mine the gold, while the humans are left to tend the gardens... did the "serpent" offer humans the gift of becoming sentient by allowing them to taste of the fruit of the tree of knowledge? what was that fruit of the gods?... well it may have had a red cap and white spots....

I dont understand what you mean by 'red cap and white spots"...Are you referring to psychedelic mushrooms? They dont look like that !

I too was amazed by the pictures, but this wasnt the first time ive seen the snake being depicted like that. When i was a kid, when we had roman-catholic learning class at school (2 hours a week), there was an image like that in one of my books. The snake was tangled between branches of the tree with the apples and it had a mans head and little hind legs.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
Hey thats Michelangelo's Fresco. I like this one alot, it is my desktop wallpaper. But I agree, I think the "serpent" used to have limbs and wings. I think this is where the "Dragon" of myth came from.

Correct. (I attempted to get the title into the post, but the edit time had run out). The actual fresco is titled the "Fall and Expulsion of Adam and Eve," circa 1510. The artists was Michelangelo. This particular, breathtaking, fresco is located in the Sistine Chapel, Vatican, Rome

There are reptilian-humanoid beings, that have been reportedly encountered and often spoken of in the UFO community, which resemble the description as provided above: They are called the Draco. The winged Draco may be one of the sources of the ancient dragon "myths."

The Draco have an overall humanoid form, they are reptilian in appearance, very tall (about 6.5 - 7.5 ft. - about the same size as a camel). They are also bipedal, they have wings, sometimes glowing red eyes, and have been reported to be far more intelligent that the average human.

The "Mothman" man and various other flying humanoids could also be sightings of Draco beings in flight. (The "flying witch" reports, such as those from Mexico and reported by NW MUFON director Ruben Uriarte, may be Draco beings employing their shapeshifting capabilities to help confuse or ridicule eyewitness claims).

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This thread just made my day since i'm reading The Legends of the Jews and found more things on here that tie in many other ideas that are on this site. I think everyone should start reading this guys work. It does help if you know a few things, or I should say a few characters, before starting. The Stargate thread is a great place to get some of the ground work for these characters.

Either way this info has to be put out to the public. I find it funny how the idea of a walking/talking serpent is laughed at today by the average person. They have no idea that this could have happened and don't care if it did. Talk about deny ignorance.

Thanks for posting this info, you got a star from me.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeopardSeal
I dont understand what you mean by 'red cap and white spots"...Are you referring to psychedelic mushrooms? They dont look like that !

Mushrooms with hallucinogenic effects come in many forms, and the amanita muscaria does have hallucinogenic effects and was/is used for that reason, it just doesn't contain psylocybin as far as I know.

Amanita muscaria, commonly known as the fly agaric or fly Amanita, is a poisonous and psychoactive basidiomycete fungus, one of many in the genus Amanita. Native throughout the temperate and boreal regions of the Northern Hemisphere, Amanita muscaria has been unintentionally conveyed to many countries in the Southern Hemisphere, generally as a symbiont with pine plantations, and is now a true cosmopolitan species. It associates with various deciduous and coniferous trees. The quintessential toadstool, it is a large imposing white-gilled, white-spotted, usually deep red mushroom, one of the most recognizable and widely encountered in popular culture. Though it is generally considered poisonous, Amanita muscaria is otherwise famed for its hallucinogenic properties with its main psychoactive constituent being the compound muscimol. The mushroom has had a religious significance in Siberian culture and possibly also in ancient Indian and Scandinavian cultures.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Shroomery]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Great post! Lots of fun to read and look at. Could some of the Reptoids live in inactive lava domes?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've always been interested in the origins of mankind, though I admit the whole reptillian thing has been overplayed in recent times... the story of Adam and Eve always reminds me of Prometheus giving fire to the mortals, and the fallen angels in Enoch giving forbidden information to the people of Earth... Ancient tales of the passing on of forbidden information by god-like beings are very common ...

Also, the serpent wound round the tree always reminds me of the two serpents around the staff symbol that seems reminiscent of DNA, perhaps of the mix of human and alien ... The story of the flood seems to be a project by some powerful beings to wipe out the abominable hybrids of the fallen angels, aka the Nephilim...

All very interesting stuff...

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Good post. I noticed that several times in this post you mentioned that 'the hands and feet were chopped off'. I would assume that that is a reference to an ordinary snake. Possibly in those times the snake was regarded as a strange animal and the only way ancient humans could understand why these creatures even exist is making up some ridiculous story about how God took away their hands and feet. Unless this is coming from various sources that did not have any way of having contact with each other.

Reading this post I have so many questions i do not even know where to start. But I think most of the questions I have just simply cannot be answered. It makes me think about how little we actually do know. Its quite frustrating.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There is so much truth to this story, and to see this kind of discussion without any jerks claiming insulting debunking is very nice.

I believe myself that the time line man has constructed due to carbon dating is all wrong and this planet is either not as old as is claimed, or things we have dated are not as old as they appear or they are much older. The time line that we have figured out and that is accepted as fact is not correct.

Dragons I believe did in fact exist and they could speak and were very intelligent. It was the dragon who was stripped of his limbs and beautiful features and left to wither on his stomach. The reason that these beast are documented as once being alive in mans time is that Native Indians and Blacks lived on the Earth long before the first Jews and that dinosaurs were not wiped out with a meteor as science claims.

The fact of the matter is that very soon we will finally figure it all out and great knowledge will be revealed, that will set mankind on its ear and rewrite what we know. Some of this great knowledge has already been known for years but is being kept secret.

Anyways, great thread here and please keep up the conversation and pursuit of the truth. I know that soon many of you will be justified in believing the truth you believe. Just remember that behind all deception lies one name, and that one name has one purpose. Lucifer, and he desires to destroy humanity, who he hates with an unimaginable passion.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Not going to be an insulting,
jerk debunker.

I just have some issues with
interpreting old and ancient art
and literature.

It's just that. Interpretation.

It's truly sad that we have no
way to know what the author/
artist was attempting to convey.

I agree with other's, though.
Very interesting read.

Nice post, OP.

Regards,
Lex

Edit due to speeling.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CryptoHunter

Hey Crypto, would you consider the Chupacabra sightings which are most noteworthy and real to be sightings of Draco Reptilian Aliens?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Hey Crypto, would you consider the Chupacabra sightings which are most noteworthy and real to be sightings of Draco Reptilian Aliens?

I don't believe so. The Chupacabra (Goat-Sucker) reports from Puerto Rico, Mexico and other areas describe entities that appear to be more wild than sentient. In addition, their physical appearance, as offered by various eyewitnesses, does not match that of a Draco Reptilian-Humanoid.

As to what they might actually be - I've often thought that the Chupacabras may be some sort of wild, yet semi-intelligent, descendants of a couple of domesticated "alien" pets that expored tunnels beyond the borders of a reptilian underground culture long ago. Unable to return to their masters, they would slowly become more and more wild, learn over time to adapt to a new diet (easily caught rural farm animals), and they would continue reproducing as nature demands. The near-surface Chupacabras would also be constant fear of the new human-mammal (us) creatures who behave unpredictably aggressive and/or frightened when they are encountered. It's just a theory . . . .

Great, relevant question! Thanks for asking...

[edit on 25-11-2007 by CryptoHunter]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NJ Mooch

if one of these reptilians ever shows up on your doorstep dont give it the time of day-----------the chief one brings nothing but trouble-------------to start engaging in chit chat unless you are a G-D being invites disaster-------------we dont have the spiritual energy that G-D has to prevent being hypnotized/tazerd if you will once you get interested in contact.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I dont know if these things are real or not "I try to keep an open mind" but if they are for real I dont know why they wouldnt have already shown themselves either A to make us all slaves or if they are good to help us out of our problems....I dont think we have anything that could wipe them out.....Kinda like we are at the bottom of the food chain...Unless we actually do have an underground space program....And even that I have trouble to believe with all the corruption we have nowdays I would certainly have thought it would have already been used for evil.....

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Excellent thread ive often wondered about the serpent in the book of genesis could be related to reptoid stories and to be honest with all the videos posted from youtube it began to really annoy me, the people who do that dont realise the damage they are doing or they do and dont care,

your thread has opened my eyes again and convinced me now to use the ignore button for those threads in future, ive also always been convinced that there is always an element of truth behind all legends, I really dont understand the people who think because it isnt so now that it is fake or false especially when they wont go and do research for themselves,

Everything is possible or was possible at one time, i just dont want to be the one to tell all the history teachers that what they are teaching is wrong and they need to go back to school to catch up.

star & flag

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I just noticed that David Icke doesn't talk as much about reptillians anymore. I guess he's more vague about it, due to people misinterpretting that as anti-semetic propaghanda in disguise... silly people over-reacting, in my opinion.
I believe these things exist deep down in my heart....

but I've never seen one as far as I can remember.

Did you ever read the Lacerta file (interview with a reptillian)???

There's a not too old post about it somewhere on here...

I'm surprized at how popular this subject is. I see reptoid posts just about 3 or 4 times daily on this site! Something has to be going on, if so many people believe in these things.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Did you ever read the Lacerta file (interview with a reptillian)???

Q: First of all, who are you and what are you? Are you an extraterrestrial species or can your origin be found on this planet?

The alleged reptoid replies:[exerpt] "We are the native terrans and we live on that planet since millions of years. We are mentioned in your religious writings like your Christian Bible and many of the ancient human tribes were aware of our presence and worshipped us as gods, for example the Egyptians and the Inca and many other old tribes. Your Christian religion has misunderstood our role in your creation, so we are mentioned as "evil serpent" in your writings. This is wrong. Your race was genetically engineered by aliens and we were just the more or less passive visitors of this accelerated evolution process. "

The entire interview

top topics

<<   2 >>

join