It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Amazing tonight!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I was just outside in my garden (where it is very cold by the way) and the Moon is huge and really bright! but more to the point to me it seems to be in the wrong place, more north in my skies than the usual south.

I live in South Wales, and its 4:30 in the afternoon normally never see the moon this bright at 4:30pm.

I have a photo but not very good as i dont have a good camera anymore broke it... but anyway heres the photo, it looks like a massive flood light.

Like to hear if anyone else has seen the moon like this lately?

Thanks
Sostyles

[edit on 23-11-2007 by sostyles]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I will never forget the bike ride I took with my Dad in the 70's. The sun looked five times bigger than in should be. Incredibly beautiful sight. It was on I90 that had yet to be completed.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I saw it here in belfast. It looked really kool. Dont think that it is more north it looked the to be in the same place as normal from my window

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I am in Ohio and stared at the moon last night for an hour.
It was casting a red glow on the clouds. Didn't get a picture though.
It was an awesome moon...

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The thing i find amazing is this was at 4:30pm and the Moon was huge and really bright, which i know its near winter and all but wow what a sight.

Thanks for the replies!

Thanks
Sostyles

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
yeah i saw it earlier on and i thought the same thing...

the good old moon eh?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If you have a telescope take a look at it. In Oct/2004 I watched 2 objects orbiting it on 2 consecutive nights at times there was only one object orbiting. Yet to be explained. I researched it in every way possible. If you observe these it will change the way you think for the rest of your life. At that point you realize there is A. Alien intelligence B. The US Govt has completely lied about the moon and what is going on up there.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aceace

can you try and describe these objects?

Bright, dull, fast, slow etc???

Cheers

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Simple, when I observed, I watched 2 small black round objects (for over an hour) in a slightly staggered formation. They traveled from the southeast horizon to the northwest horizon taking about 1.5 minutes to cross the full moon. They made about 7 or 8 passes. Then there was only 1 object for about 3 passes and then 2 again. All following the exact same path. I assumed there was an obvious explanation. The following night I went out at about the same time and watched the same 2 objects (always 2 this time) following the same path. After a few days I decided to write some astronomers and astrophysicists to look for an answer. The 2 that replied stated that they knew of nothing orbiting the moon at this time. They also stated that any satellite orbiting the moon would be too small to see in a 5" (130mm) telescope.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I noticed it too, the snow covered landscape ignited by the light of the moon was beautiful. It looked ethereal, shadows cast by its light accented every ridge in the snow and made it appear more blue than white. I tried to take a picture but my cell phone camera couldn't capture it at all.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hey, I def. agree.. The moon is awesome here in norway to

I got out and took a picture. Here is the link : tom-erik.no...

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by speight89

What a coincidence, I live in north Belfast and called my wife outside to look at the moon earlier, it had a beautiful orange/ red halo around it.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Firstly thank you for your replies!

I guess we can always say the moon has alot of mysteries for us here on ATS but one thing is for sure she can still surprise and amaze us when we least expect it.

Id like to hear more about these orbiting objects do we have the time's of which they were seen and in what position at that time?

thanks
Sostyles

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I live in London I also saw an amazing very bright moon today, in daytime and night. Very pretty.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Beware looking at the moon for too long........!

I think there was an ancient latin name for people who stared at the moon for too long I just can't quite remember what it was......

I think it was something like lu....lun....lunt....catic....luna.....no no....sorry it's gone......!

Just don't look at the moon too long......you'll go mad.....!

MR

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red
Beware looking at the moon for too long........!

I think there was an ancient latin name for people who stared at the moon for too long I just can't quite remember what it was......

I think it was something like lu....lun....lunt....catic....luna.....no no....sorry it's gone......!

Just don't look at the moon too long......you'll go mad.....!

MR

I would imagine people of the past looking upon the moon with wonder, without knowing what it is, some would worship it, others would say that its a curse and can take your soul, don't go out on a full moon etc.

Superstitions.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ive seen the moon in various shapes and sizes. Usually it is a little larger than in the picture, but everynow and then the moon appears to be 5 times larger and yellow. Ive always wondered what caused it.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I was outside today. The moon was/is big and it was/is glowing.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben420
Ive seen the moon in various shapes and sizes. Usually it is a little larger than in the picture, but everynow and then the moon appears to be 5 times larger and yellow. Ive always wondered what caused it.

For some reason far away object such as the moon can appear much small in pictures than they actually are, kind of annoying if you want to show a picture to show the size of something lol.

By the way TheoOne where did you get that avatar, whys that kitten having a bath lol. I hope its ok.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Beautiful moon tonight. I noticed on the way in from work. It's awesome that people all over the world are enjoying the same experience.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join