It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Amazing tonight!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Absolutely gorgeous and unfortunatly, with it comes the loons!!! I cant describe the type of day i had today!
Twighlight zone all day long!!!Anyway, it was beautiful...and c-o-l-d!!!!!

Yep, winter is here!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Great to know this is being seen all over the world!

Does anyone know why it is so bright and large in our skies, is this a special period that the Moon goes through or is this an unusual event?

I know the moon is our oldest known galactic neighbour but she is still surrounded in mystery, personally i love to stare at it in wonder!

Thanks
Sostyles

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
double post.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by miguelbmx]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

my luna pictures.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
We already had the Harvest and Hunter's moons, didn't we. I remember the harvest moon, but don't remember the hunter's moon. Maybe that's it...

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
2h30am (summer time) over here in Brazil... them moon is really very bright and glowy...

very nice to notice lot's are actually looking to the skies!

Peace

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You know i was on the way to work today,
And i looked at the moon and thought to my self,
wow that's a very bright round moon,
I also seen the wierdest thing in the sky,
it was like a plane contrail but it was turning diffrent directions,
everybody having a smoke was talking about the moon and the object,
good to see im not the only onewho noticed.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I haven't actually been outside to look at the moon but I just looked out my window into my backyard and it is so bright, really amazing. We have no artificial lights in the backyard, yet at 1:00 am I can clearly see everything, the kids swing set, the seesaw, even the dogs toys scattered around and not just an outline. Normally it is pitch black, you cant see anything. I am going outside to look at the moon, if it is that bright in my backyard the moon must be awe inspiring!! I live in Metro Atlanta, Ga.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The old moon must have put on quite a show for everyone today. When I was driving to work this morning while it was still dark, it was directly ahead of me most of the trip and I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I thought to myself that it was almost like seeing it through binoculars it was so clear. I'm in Oregon, USA. -Nice to hear others caught it too.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It's been a long time since I saw my moonshadow.
man what a fantastic moon tonight.
Here in Puerto Rico

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I was out side in West Michigan yesterday at around midnight and The moon was wondrous, also there was a giant ring around the moon that was reflecting off ice crystals in the upper atmosphere, it was tremendously beautiful. It looked something like this.

I do not know the answer to your larger moon in whales but I speculate that the atmosphere could have acted as a magnifier, under the right conditions I don't see why the earths round atmosphere couldn't act as a telescope lens. Just my thoughts, I don't have time to back that up today.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I couldn't see it last night because of cloud cover but I am looking out my window right now as it comes up over the city and it is BIG and beautiful tonight. I love watching the moon rise. It is as spectacular as a sun rise but in a completely different way.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yeah dude, the halo on the moon last night just about knocked me off my feet. It was huge. I actually have never seen that before, and I was staring at it for like a half an hour, even though I was freezing my tookus off.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
hey incoherentconsistancy, so did you saw the Ring too?...wooow that was awesome!!!

I never seen something like this before. What would it cause that, I mean that ring?

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
An old wives' tale (or sailor's adage, take your pick) about the halo/ring around the moon is that when the moon wears a crown, the following day will be unseasonably warm.

I saw it tonight as well. I was leaving my house around 12:30AM to drive to a friend's home to let her dogs out (she's on vaca), and I was struck by the clarity of it. We live on a main street on the outskirts of a small city, and even with the street lamp, the moon shone clear and nearly directly above me.

It's a crisp night, and the stars are very clearly seen as well which is rare for my location. I noticed a reddish one to the WSW of the moon, could that be Mars? I was an amateur astronomer when I was younger, but that was many years ago, and... the memory goes.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by incoherentconsistancy

I'm in Michigan too and I noticed the crystals. I'm a little new to the area (even though i'm moving again soon) and noticed the moon only from the light it was casting into my dark living room. That picture brought back the awe of it, the way little crystals were twinkling in the snow, the shadows of the dead trees cast across the ground... Absolutely gorgeous. It really is a beautiful area to live in.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wow, there are more ATSers closer to home than I thought. South Wales - as in Cardiff and Swansea? And Belfast too!

I live in Central County Down in Northern Ireland. The moon looked massive this week, maybe twice the size it usually is. And brighter too. This was around 4pm. Too bad it only lasted for a few days.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Another one here in West Michigan and I was camping in the snow last night and it was nearly daylight out. Too bright to even sleep not to mention it got down to 23F. Tonight we have freezing rain.

mikell

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sostyles

Does anyone know why it is so bright and large in our skies, is this a special period that the Moon goes through or is this an unusual event?

I believe the reason that the moon appears so large is that it is an optical illusion. It has something to do with it being near the horizon. I saw it just a little while ago, (in New York) and the moon was huge and orange. Very pretty.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Actually your eyes decieve you as to the size of the moon.
Hold your hand at arm's length and measure the moon between thumb and first finger. Surporize.
Holding your hand closer to your eyes doesn't help either.

Consider your image in the mirror. Reach out an make a mark with a bar of soap for the top of your head, and another for the bottom of your chin.
How does that size compare to what you thought you were seeing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join