It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Survey

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Are you certain of this Mycroft?

I was under a different impression as they have ran ads in national newspapers and ads on new york radio

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
Are you certain of this Mycroft?

I was under a different impression as they have ran ads in national newspapers and ads on new york radio

Yes, I'm certain. His website gets a lot of play among Israel-bashers so I took the time to do some research. Russell Waxman works hard to make it seem as though he is the head of a large organization, but he�s not.

He did buy an ad in the Washington Post, an open letter to President Bush purported to represent the �silent majority� of American Jewry criticizing the existence of Israel. Later, Al-Jazeera (as well as various anti-Israel websites) reported the letter as having appeared in the Washington Post without mentioning that it was a paid advertisement.

The radio advertisements are a new development, but I advertise in my own business so I know that radio is pretty cheap. He takes donations on his website. While I don�t know how much he takes in that way, it�s not hard to imagine that over time it would be enough to pay for the Washington Post ad and some airtime. Who donates the money? Well, you do. Are you Jewish?

As a group, like any group, Jews hold a variety of opinions. Most support Israel in general, but there is a wide variety of opinion on specific Israeli policies.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
what facinates me about the site is that:

the author is an orthodox jew, but he goes on to blame anti-semitism on zionism. furthermore is that he blames the holocaust on zionism, and his reasoning is perfect

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ashlar, Seekerof, KrazyIvan, Mycroft, excellent posts gentlemen. Keep in mind that the perpetrater of 9/11 had 2 objectives:
1. Polarize American opinion against
Moslem/Arabs.
2. Get the U.S. to get Osama out of
Afghanistan. (He was shutting down the
poppie fields and ruining the drug trade).

And, whoever perpetrated 9/11 had to have unlimited access to a 757/767 flight simulator (which means they had to operate the 757/767 in their fleet.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
NO, communism poses the biggest threat to world peace then Islam.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

what facinates me about the site is that:

the author is an orthodox jew, but he goes on to blame anti-semitism on zionism. furthermore is that he blames the holocaust on zionism, and his reasoning is perfect

Is he an orthodox Jew? He says he is, but how do we know? I know that he misrepresents his views as being the opinion of the �silent majority� of Judaism, so that casts doubt on his other claims as well. It would be relatively easy, for example, for me to start a website called �Palestinians for Israel� and represent myself as a conservative Muslim. I would have to do a lot of research to make it seem authentic, but it�s something I could do if I didn�t have a moral objection to lying.

But if we give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he is an Orthodox Jew�so what? Within any group of people of any size, you will find a variety of opinion. It�s a logical fallacy to point to the opinion of one member of that group (whatever the group is) and attach special significance to it in relation to the group as a whole.

For example, the Catholic Church is against birth control, yet you can find individual Catholics who use birth control, and even advocate the use of condoms to prevent the spread of AIDS. Does this in any way cast doubt on the view of the Catholic Churche�s stance on birth control? No, these other Catholics hold a minority opinion.

When you consider further that Judaism doesn�t look to a central authority the way Catholicism does (there is no such thing as a Jewish Pope), that Judaism stresses an individuals understanding and interpretation of morality and biblical law, being able to find an Orthodox Jew who�s against Zionism (or who holds any other political opinion) in inevitable.

You can also find women who are against the feminists movement, and minorities who are against civil rights legislations.

A minority opinion among any group is a minority opinion.

Blaming anti-Semitism on Zionism is not a new thing. In the mind of a racist, the racism comes first, the rationalization for racism comes later. Blaming the victims of racism for the racism against them is common in all types of racism. If you were to read the history of Zionism, you will discover that the movement was a response to anti-Semitism, not its cause.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Ashlar, Seekerof, KrazyIvan, Mycroft, excellent posts gentlemen. Keep in mind that the perpetrater of 9/11 had 2 objectives:
1. Polarize American opinion against
Moslem/Arabs.
2. Get the U.S. to get Osama out of
Afghanistan. (He was shutting down the
poppie fields and ruining the drug trade).

And, whoever perpetrated 9/11 had to have unlimited access to a 757/767 flight simulator (which means they had to operate the 757/767 in their fleet.

Interesting theory johnlear, can you back it up?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Is not that the Isralites pose a big threat, its just that the nerby countries do.
There always attacking them and blowing each other up and in turn, Israel does become a threat.

Israel is a threat to world peace, but eternal peace can never be achieved on this planet.
So something bad like a nuclear holocaust, killing 90% of the earth's population is bound to happen someday.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Its not as simple as that, the terrorists are acting out of desperation, the israelis are constantly provoking the arabs

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Always someone's fault isn't Ashlar?
And in the case of Israel, I reckon' it will always be "their fault", no matter the circumstances, no matter what has taken place, no matter the causes and reasons, and no matter period, because they are simply located where they are?

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Its the complete opposite, my good sir, its always a case of : "jews: a story of innocence"

Regardless of the atrocoties commited by israel, it will always be a case of "the poor blameless jews"

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
NO, communism poses the biggest threat to world peace then Islam.

Let me guess... You're American? If they hadn't been such a danger to themselves, I would have feared them. They will all tear themselves appart that day. So hold hands and sing!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Radical religious freaks in all religions poses my threat that communism. commies dont hijack airplanes and use them as guided missles or blow up buses full of innocent school children

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
theres nothing wrong with crashing a plane or blowing up a school bus or two

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That wasnt very smart to say, I hope someone blows up a bus that youre on.

EDIT: Picture deleted.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by Tetsuo-51]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I just hope the rabbis soon will understand the folly of the Talmud that's all, and how it has become a hole they have dug in the ground which is bound to cave in over them unless they get out of it. It's leavened dough. And it won't help them in the day of trouble. Just as little as a repetitive prayer to some dead saint and some beed chain bought in an Indian Bazaar. Love alone will save you. The Body and Blood of Jesjuah. You will remember it that day and understand why and what it really means.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

theres nothing wrong with crashing a plane or blowing up a school bus or two

In such Ashlar, there IS something wrong though when those who were effected/affected by those crashing planes and blown up school buses react with force, isn't it?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
the jews had to dominate the middle east, and for that to happen, a couple of buildings had to blow up

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51

That wasnt very smart to say, I hope someone blows up a bus that youre on.

It was a joke, but i feel more compassion for the palestinian victims then the israeli ones

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
NO, communism poses the biggest threat to world peace

a-#ing-men. israel is only dangerous because anyone in their position wud be dangerous. they have what five million citizens? 5 million people surrounded by 200 million who want nothing more than to see them wiped off the face of the earth? its like a cornered animal, or a mother protecting her young. theyre pissed off, but only cuz their life is threatened and theyre on the defensive.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join