It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia opposition candidate shot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Russia opposition candidate shot

news.bbc.co.uk

An opposition party candidate in Russia's parliamentary elections has been shot and seriously wounded by an unidentified gunman, officials say.
Farid Babayev, who leads the electoral list of the liberal Yabloko party in the southern Dagestan region, was shot outside his home in Makhachkala.

The motive of the attack late on Wednesday was unclear, police say.

Yabloko is not expected to clear the 7%-threshold to win seats in the 2 December elections, opinion polls say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
A political figure being killed is not unheard of in Russia. But it the past it has usually been by poison. I do not know what this will mean for politics in Russia. The story is saying he leads the party, but not expected to win any seats. That also makes me wonder about the motive.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Wow if this had happened in the US you would have everyone on here crying Nazi regime and blah blah blah just another example of US you know what....but I doubt you will see anything like that said about Putin and the Russian government.
This may be just a single crazy individual but it is more likely the continued tactics of the Putin hold on power...where is the outrage at these tactics on the world news?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Thanks for posting.
I'm not going to try and make a guess as to what the tactics or motives are. I would rather hear from some people in Russia. To me there opinions are the only ones that really have any merritt at this point.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
To me there opinions are the only ones that really have any merritt at this point.

Agreed. Perhaps you can send a U2U to maloy. His/Her analysis on anything involving the Russian political scene is usually quite balanced and insightful.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Thanks Beach
The message is sent. I was thinking of Russian Solder also. Just have not seen him in quite a while.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As a french man I can tell you without any doubt that's just another trick by the United States of America's Central Intelligence Agency, - just like :

• Chechnya stuff
  • Beslan thing
  • Moscow Theater thingy stuff
  • Politkovskaïa's vanishment
  • Litvinenko's hyperaging

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm thinking that this issue is linked with another one.

Here

Perhaps Putin is to blame? I for one would not even begin to put it past him.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel

As a french man I can tell you without any doubt that's just another trick by the United States of America's Central Intelligence Agency, - just like :

• Beslan thing

• Politkovskaïa's vanishment

• Rigel,
    could you post the information and the link to the evidence that the CIA is involved in the two items above.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:28 AM
    link   
    reply to post by RedGolem

Alas, no more than I could give proof that's they are Putin's stuffes.

Except if the whole history of CIA can be given as.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:33 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Rigel

(mod edit. PLEASE DO NOT TYPE YOUR MESSAGES IN ALL CAPS! Doing so will cause loss of points and have your message removed. See item #5 in this message from Simon, the board owner: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

[edit on 22-11-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:33 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Rigel

(mod edit. PLEASE DO NOT TYPE YOUR MESSAGES IN ALL CAPS! Doing so will cause loss of points and have your message removed. See item #5 in this message from Simon, the board owner: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:36 AM
    link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare
    reply to post by Rigel

YEAH,YEAH,YEAH EVERYTHING IS AMERICA'S FAULT! ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING! IF THERE IS HOMELESS PEASANT PISSING IN THE STREETS OF PARIS IT'S THE C.I.A.'S FAULT

You got it !

Specially about Sarko the Neo-Neocon-Republiktator for who Bush was told to PRAY for him to win !

external frenchy link

[edit on 22-11-2007 by Rigel]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:43 AM
    link   

Alas, no more than I could give proof that's they are Putin's stuffes.

Except if the whole history of CIA can be given as.

If you have no evidence for your post and are just stating your opinion, you might want to state that this is just your opinion, or something you heard but don't have any link to back it up.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:49 AM
    link   
    reply to post by RedGolem

Then should I guess you got ref for the three other items as well ?

All politics are not founded on Reuter's statements and other www links, you know. Decades are time to time needed to declassifie sensible stuff, you know.

Bologna Massacre in 1981 was lately officialized as an alpha-to-tav american operation - like hundreds of others since the creation of the agency, you know.

Gladio, Stay-Behind, US Foundations open or covered activism, etc. Sounds familiar ?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:50 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Rigel

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:05 AM
    link   
    Stop agonizing about your US condition, dude. You're not fully responsible of all that mess

Capitalism and US policies are doomed to fail soon or late. Empire syndroma, - that strucked down Roman empire as well as the Greek, the Perse, the Assyrian etc.

The only chance for US to rule the world wd have been be through the UN, but it's to late as you're already merging yourself in the muddy North American Union

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:10 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Rigel

the u.s has no designs on the world. you obviously believe your own propaganda

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:10 AM
    link   

Then should I guess you got ref for the three other items as well ?

For the three other items I could see where a connection might be made although doubtful any references exist.
    I am aware it takes decades for official material to become unclassified. That does not mean that connections are not being made. It also most definitely does not mean that there is a CIA connection just because you say there is. So if it is just your opinion it is best to make some sort of reference that it is just your opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:14 AM
    link   

Capitalism and US policies are doomed to fail soon or late. Empire syndroma, - that strucked down Roman empire as well as the Greek, the Perse, the Assyrian etc.

So you are saying you do not want Capitalism? Does that also mean you do not want freely elected governments?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join