It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The punishment at most will be fines. This sounds like Woodson and Harris to me, though Harris denied it in an interview. The DB's were fined $5,000 for wearing the funky shoes a few weeks ago as they knew they would be, I doubt they are too worried about this.

Won't amount to much. They weren't trying to hurt another player.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The AFC and game of the year was played 2 weeks ago, Pats beat the Colts. Sorry, the AFC is just too strong now. That set the stage for the SB champions. The AFC championship will be played in New England. Similar game coming up in the NFC:

www.packers.com...

Pack wins and they host the NFC championship game to decide who gets the crap beaten out of them by the Pats in the SB.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I said earlier that the Packers need to keep focused on the game at hand and not worry about Dallas, the playoffs, or the Super Bowl until that time comes. I notice how everyone is already giving the Super Bowl to the Patriots, and I'll grant you no team has been so dominant during the regular season.

I do remember a Super Bowl, however, when the winning team from the year before came in as a pretty big (-12) favorite. They had a pretty dominant regular season, (not as dominant as NE's so far) with a 13-3 record. That had a very good defense, but they were led by a powerful offense run by a young, tough, strong armed, gun-slinging QB.

The team they played had a strong running game and a decent defense. They were led on offense by an all time great QB that was nearing the end of his career.

Long story short, the old timer and his supporting cast beat the young gun and his powerful offense.

I would enjoy seeing it happen again, especially since that young gun, as spectacular and exciting as his career has been, is now an old man in football years, and has not played in the Super Bowl since losing that game. It has to gnaw at him. If he can continue to play the way he has been playing, and can get his team to the Super Bowl against the mighty Patriots and their flawless young QB, it will be the most watched football game ever by a long shot.

If he could win that game, it would be considered the greatest win in the history of the NFL.

BUT, there's a few more games to win first, for both teams.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Injury Update for Week 12

Ryan Grant, Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher, Koren Robinson, and Charles Woodson were limited in practice. Grant will start, the rest are probable.

Will Blackmon, Johnny Jolly, Bubba Franks, and Nick Collins are out this week.

Nothing big. I'd rather have Donald Lee in there anyway, and Aaron Rouse played well last week in place of Nick Collins.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
They've started to pick it up some, but I don't think they've played all that well so far. They can definitely be better.

Hopefully KGB and Woodson are alright.

Also, I really REALLY like the hustle of Aaron Rouse and Tramon Williams. I think Nick Collins should consider his job threatened. And that touchdown saving tackle by Williams was so huge.

[edit on 11/22/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Brett's got 19 straight completions. 3 to tie, 4 to break the record. Will it happen? I REALLY hope I didn't jinx him. Who would you rather to see with that record? Brett or Brunell?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

JINX!

It ends at 19

Oh well. Nice streak anyway. It was a Packers record. Just one more on the pile

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sorry. It was 20 though I think.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yeah I think you're right. Unless I'm counting wrong, the Play by Play says 20.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
10-1!

Next week is the defining week for this conference. Dallas and Green Bay. With the way both are playing, it all pretty much comes down to that game.

Gotta look for injury updates for Driver, KGB, and Woodson. Let's hope they can play next week. We need all our guys healthy for that.

EDIT: GO JETS!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I had watched the first half of this game live, and then Tivo'd the second. Couldn't watch it right away as I had family in, and to make things worse.. I had to avoid this thread like the plague! I wanted to click on it so bad, but new I was better served waiting to watch it live. Just finished it now, and it was a bit of an up and down half.

In one breath, we absolutely dominated. What can you say about these guys? I mean, wow! It seemed that Favre could throw for 20+ yards at will.. and did at times. The streak was impressive, but the size of the passes was even more impressive.

Two huge penalties against the Lions really helped us out, as they were beginning to put drives together. We'll take it. They made a late charge, and I was getting a little concerned. But picking up the first down on the late first and twenty was big. Very big! It's moments like this one that separates good teams from championship teams. If they don't pick up the first down there, the Lions get the ball back with plenty of time on the clock, and good field position.

...Moving forward. Go Packers!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I wanted to click on it so bad, but new I was better served waiting to watch it live.

I HATE recording a game only to have someone tell me what happened or read something describing what happened. It completely ruins it. So frustrating.

They really picked it up nicely in the second quarter and never really took their foot off the gas. I too got a little nervous there in the 4th when the Lions started to put their offense together, but they eventually shut it down quite nicely.

On another note - the Jets suck.

EDIT:

**Record Alert**

Brett Favre needs 505 passing yards to tie Dan Marino for the all time passing yards record of 61,361.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
After watching the hilights of yesterdays game, Driver really deserves some credit. He made some huge catches, and broke for a lot of secondary yards after picking up the reception. Favre continues to do his thing, Driver does his, Grant can maintain average games.. we've got something here.

How about Kampman? Dude's a monster!

Edit: Nooooo! I was pondering a possible Brett Favre avatar.. but I'm scared I'll jinx this run or good fortune. I'm very superstitious and have been fighting off these urges all season. If something goes wrong for us, you need to remove that avatar immediately and banish it!

[edit on 23-11-2007 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've got a solution for you Chissler....

Sport a Patriots Avatar... Jinx them instead!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
If something goes wrong for us, you need to remove that avatar immediately and banish it!

I got a new avatar idea. By the time you read this, it'll probably be up.

I'm a tiny bit superstitious when it comes to the Packers. I have to watch pretty much every play or I feel like they're going to screw something up. That really has no effect on the game but I tell myself it does

EDIT: BEHOLD! The all mighty Cowboys avatar with a 2nd loss!

(we'll see if this works....)

[edit on 11/23/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is going to be the NFC version of the Pats/Colts game and that one didn't disappoint. This one will probably be higher scoring though. It should be a GREAT game.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well,,,, all of the talking will cease Thursday...

Cowboys- 24

Puckers- 20

Arizona, Patriots, here come the Cowboys..

[edit on 23-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How dare the enemy enter this thread!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well,,,, all of the talking will cease Thursday...

Cowboys- 24

Puckers- 20

I can't pick a winner here, too close to call but it won't be as low scoring as that. 30's for sure, 40's maybe.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Intrepid, after seeing Dallas defense yesterday, I don't think so.. It improves every week.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join