It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I expect big things from Kampman tomorrow night.

Big things!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well, given that Green Bay is such a young team, I don't think that the injuries are going to play that big of a role. I think the game will be close but the outcome much the same,

Dallas 24

Greenbay 20

GO COWBOYS!!!Yee-Haw!!!

[edit on 28-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If Green Bay loses, don't expect a post game comment from me until at least 24 hours afterwards.

Just letting you know that beforehand.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

If Dallas loses, you probably won't hear from me period.

:shk: Mum will be the word... and numb too.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What really sucks is that I won't even be able to see the game because I have Time Warner cable and they don't carry the NFL Network... :shk:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

If I had a really good webcam, I would let some people watch in. A good webcam zoomed in on the tv, along with sound, would be just like watching the game!

GO PACKERS!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I don't know if this is free or not, but you can look at this NFL.com/Live

Otherwise, you can follow it on the NFL.com Game Center

You should get satellite. It doesn't go out like cable companies say it does. I've had it for more than a year, been through thunderstorms and snow storms, and it's never gone out. It has skipped and the picture screwed up for about a second or two, but that's about it.

I don't know exact pricing, but I don't think satellite is any more than cable. If it is, I doubt it's much more.

And besides, you can order the NFL Sunday Ticket. It's worth the cost.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Final Injury Report

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Will Blackmon - Probable (foot) - Practice: Full Participant
Nick Collins - Probable (knee) - Practice: Full Participant
Bubba Franks - Doubtful (knee) - Practice: Did Not Participate
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila - Questionable (ankle) - Practice: Limited
Ryan Grant - Probable (ankle) - Practice: Full Participant
Johnny Jolly - Out (shoulder) - Practice: Out
Ruvell Martin - Probable (ankle) - Practice: Limited
Aaron Rouse - Questionable (knee) - Practice: Limited
Mark Taushcer - Probable (ankle) - Practice: Limited
Tracy White - Probable (ankle) - Practice: Limited
Charles Woodson - Questionable (toe) - Practice: Limited

DALLAS COWBOYS

Patrick Crayton - Probable (ankle) - Practice: Full Participant
Terry Glenn - Out (knee) - Practice: Out
Anthony Henry - Probable (ankle) - Practice: Full Participant

Injury Report

Cornerback Charles Woodson and end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila are questionable for the game, according to coach Mike McCarthy, but Woodson completed the jog-through portion of practice and Gbaja-Biamila pronounced himself ready to play.

Mark Tauscher missed practice again, but McCarthy said his sprained ankle is better than last week, meaning he'll probably be in his usual spot at right tackle.

Safety Nick Collins, out since Nov. 4 because of a knee injury, completed a third straight practice and most likely will resume his starting role.

Eleven players were listed on Tuesday's injury report — the first of two this week, thanks to the Thursday-Thursday schedule — but nine completed at least part of practice.

Link

I'm pretty confident Woodson will play. He's had at least two significant injuries since he's been in Green Bay, yet he hasn't missed a game. That seems to indicate that he wouldn't miss a game like this for a slightly swollen toe. So I think the "Questionable" is just precautionary talk.

KGB is a little more serious though. Team doctors will probably have the final say even though he declared himself ready to go. But then again, he knows how he feels. No one else does. It's his body.

We've definitely won the injury battle with the Cowboys. That's not even close. Seems we're pretty good at finding ankle injuries.

Should be a great game.

6 hours 51 minutes.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well, now that Anthony Henry is coming back, Dallas' secondary should improve. Reeves is okay, but he is just too inconsistent. He plays way off of the receiver and gives to much space. Henry will tighten the reigns.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I heard the other day that Oklahoma petitioned for a professional football team. Unfortunatley it gor rejected for fear that Wisconsin would want one too. LOL!
Sorry, just a little joke.

Dallas- 27
Greenbay- 21

Go Boys!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Sorry, just a little joke.

And a poor one at that.

It'd be somewhat funny had they not won 3 Super Bowls, 12 NFL Championships, had 21 Hall of Famers, and had a 35 year waiting list for season tickets.

Personally, I think a much funnier version would be:

I heard the other day that Oklahoma petitioned for a professional football team. Unfortunately it got rejected for fear that Michigan would want one too.

Or, one that I made up:

I heard the other day that the Texans were planning on moving out of state. Football fans in Texas petitioned in fear that if the Texans moved, they could no longer attend NFL games.

[edit on 11/29/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

LOL.
Touche`. I was j/k. I don't hate the Packers, in fact I like them, when they aren't playing Dallas. Favre is an amazing football player. Good luck today. They need it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Well...I hate the Cowboys

Good luck to you as well.

And you are right, the Cowboys will need it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
No luck required for the Cowboys to win tonight. If they do lose, most likely it will be due to their own penchance for penalties... Honestly, Novus, wait and watch the game. :shk:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So if Green Bay wins, it's going to be a case of Dallas blowing it themselves as opposed to Green Bay winning? You do realize that Green Bay is 10-1 just like your Cowboys. In reality, we should be 11-0.. if we didn't blow it to the Bears. But is a loss is a loss, and there are no excuses.

I just think you are offering very little respect to a talented Green Bay team.

This is going to be a great game, and I readily admit that the Cowboys very well may come out on the winning end. They are a very good team.

Looking at the stats, I fail to see how you can not recognize the talent of this year's Packers. (Have you actually looked at the stats?)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't see where I have degraded their talent. They may win, but Novus said Dallas would need "luck" and I am here to inform him that Dallas doesn't need luck. They'll either win because they are the better team or they won't. It's really that simple.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I was just having fun with you guys. I love football, but I can't get too serious about it. I root for my team, but have no problems watching teams like Green Bay beat up on someone.
Now baseball is a different story! I love the Texas Rangers but man do they piss me off sometimes.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Rangers.. Yeah, I like them too. :shk: Back in the nineties there were a couple of years I just knew they were going to win it all, only to be knocked off by the abominable Yankees... :shk:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Honestly, Novus, wait and watch the game. :shk:

Why are you so sensitive? Daz3d-n-Confus3d and I were just having a friendly exchange of trash talk. He said the Packers need the luck, and I threw it right back at him.

So it's alright for Dallas fans to trash talk, but when it gets sent back your way, then it's a problem. Is that right?

If you don't like my arrogance, then put me on ignore. It's that simple.

EDIT: and by the way, just to add to what chissler said, it's really pretty ignorant to say that if Dallas loses it's their own fault, but I guarantee you if Green Bay loses, you'll be thinking it's because Dallas is better.

Somehow that seems fair and makes sense to you.

[edit on 11/29/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The Yankees. :bnghd:
I no likey the Yankees.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join