It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Defence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I imagine several items from Cold Steel such as the polyurethane baseball bat would pass muster as "sports equipment" and the shovel as a "gardening tool" while in actuality are designed for a quite different purpose.

www.coldsteel.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
that cold steel site has a lot of interesting "specialty items"

many handy weapons can be made using stuff you can find around the home. for instance, a spear can be made out of a broom handle and a cut up tin can folded to resemble a spear head (a triangular shape). it is very sharp and a good jabbing weapon that can do some damage.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I own quite a few weapons, and while I won't post them all for obvious reasons (never give up your stash) here's a few I own.

Spartan Sword (custome made, full tang construction 1/2" thick steel blade, EXTREMELY heavy duty)
Cold Steel Bad Axe
Cold Steel Brooklyn Smasher
(3) Kukrhis (sp?)
Home made steel pipe, 4ft long, with nails welded to it at the end.
$1.98 (this is a slang term for a 1 litre bottle, filled with sand, a metal pipe inserted through the top through the entire bottle, electrical taped into place) this is called $1.98 because that's all it takes to make one.
Several rifles
2 shotguns (riot versions, pistol grip)
4 pistols
6 airguns

You name it, I've probably got it.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelMyers

nice arsenal you've got there...however, how do you intend to deter intruders from entering in the first place, so you have the minimum need to fight hand-to-hand?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Oh, you could always get a good guard dog or two.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Or you could go to the gym?
Also a wapon like a crowbar cricket bat etc. you get one hit before you are vulnerable if you miss you lose. On the other if you actually manage to hit them ouch.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
A lot of Japanese martial arts weapons are nothing more than garden implements, becaue commoners were totally forbidden to own anything that could be a weapon.

-I own a razor-sharp hand-scythe (I use it too.) It's not a sword or knife, so I wouldn't have to register it.

-I own a dandelion-puller that looks like an implement of torture. I think it would be handy in a fight.

-I also have pitchforks, rakes, and shovels. Did you know that German infantry in the trenches of WWI preferred a sharpened shovel over an officer's sword, which tends to get stuck between ribs?

-A college roomate, a flautist, made a flute out of heavy brass pipe. He could actually play it beautifully. He kept it in his truck, and used it in bar-fights, but could show the cops that it was 'merely' a work of art by playing a bit of chamber music on it!

-Hispanic gangs in the meatpacking plants here are often confronted by the Asian gangs after work. Many of the Asians seem to have martial arts backgrounds. The Hispanic immigrants take a length of barbed wire (readily available at the plant), and make a fan shape aout of it, then cut the barbs off of the handle-end and wrap the grip with duct-tape. Hard to counter it in a street-fight. You don't want to try and block such a fan with your fore-arm, and it will snag on your clothes. So the asians stand at a distance and throw bricks.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

-Hispanic gangs in the meatpacking plants here are often confronted by the Asian gangs after work. Many of the Asians seem to have martial arts backgrounds. The Hispanic immigrants take a length of barbed wire (readily available at the plant), and make a fan shape aout of it, then cut the barbs off of the handle-end and wrap the grip with duct-tape. Hard to counter it in a street-fight. You don't want to try and block such a fan with your fore-arm, and it will snag on your clothes. So the asians stand at a distance and throw bricks.

What ?
That sounds like some kind of low budget fight scene.
Where are you from where Hispanic and Asian gangs clash like this after work behind the meat plant?
:

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Digital_Reality]

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Texas. It was actually a number of years ago. It ran on the evening news. It made an impression on me, since both of groups were in the country illegally.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hi all,

I was reading this thread with interest, however in respect of owning firearms and shotguns in the UK I would like to clarify a few inaccuracies I have seen in some of the earlier posts in this thread.

Firstly it is perfectly legal to own both shotguns and firearms in the UK. Firearms are classified and Section 1 weapons and shotguns, section 2 weapons. Two seperate permits can be obtained for each.

Where as in the States it is the RIGHT of every person to own a firearm, in the UK it isn't. You have to show good reason for owning a firearm. Good reason means you need the firearm for some reason, some examples would be for vermin control, stalking, target shooting etc.... This being said, it is the right of every person in the UK to own a shotgun and as a result the same "good reason" does not need to be demonstrated.

A point worth noting here is that a shotgun in the UK is limited to a maximum of 3 rounds. The magazine tube has to be crimped to prevent further rounds being stored. Again, there is a way round this. Any shotgun which is capable of having its magazine tube refitted and extednded (ie a semi automatic or pump) can be transferred to a section 1 permit and therefore classed as a firearm. It can then hold as many rounds as your heart desires.

The sport of practical shotgun (came about after the pistol ban) uses these adapted shotguns and is "good reason" in the eyes of the police.

The point about safes etc for securing your firearms / shotguns is just good practice in reality and also prevents you loosing your weapons should an intruder get into your house !!!

On another point in reference to blades etc...it was rightly pointed out that any lock knife is illegal in public without good reason. Technically ANY bladed article can be seen as an offensive weapon and therefore could land you in trouble. 'Offensive weapon' is defined as any article made or adapted for use to causing injury to the person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use.

For example: sharpening the edges of a coin so that it would cause injury if it were thrown (used during football violence etc) would fall into this definition and therefore be classified as an Off Wep.

Anyway I hope that clears up a few issues for everyone. All the best.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
30 odd years as a criminal lawyer prompted me to tell my wife that in the event we are invaded or broken into to say bye-bye to me because i will be going awayfor a long time!! BUT we will both be alive and the perpatrators will have been rehabilitated---remember: when seconds count help is only minutes away

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join