It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artifacts in Antarctica

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
djf

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
On Tues., Jan 20th, on the Early Today show on NBC, they had a very short segment about artifacts being discovered in Antarctica. They mentioned Antarctica twice, along with the discovery date in the 1800's, and said this find would push back the discovery date by at least 200 years. I have posted on other forums, emailed NBC and MSNBC, with no response whatever. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I can find nothing on the wire services either.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
this is the only I found

www.world-mysteries.com...

djf

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hello,
No, thats not it. They even showed a quick picture of the items, stone tools, etc. but I barely caught a glimpse. I'm a bit frustrated, as a network news story, they should at least reply to my emails.

I'm quite familiar with Hapgoods works, the Steen mountain studies, and pole shift theories. Have a globe that I reset with the north pole being directly over Hudson bay, interestingly enough, with that config, the northern tip of the Antartic peninsula is a 30 D. S lat.

Have an original paperback of the HAB theory too, quite worn by now!

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Can you be more specific about what they found? Can you try and remember every item and list them for us, as best you can?

djf

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sadly, no. That's why I am trying to find more info. I posted to the 70South message board, and one response said he had seen something about it and was trying to get more but was unable to. A find like this could rewrite a part of history, and I wish I could find out how to get more from NBC.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This would be interesting actauly.

Maybe something "Alien"

Deep

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It would be more than interesting, it would be earth shaking. If that story comes out, there is a hell of alot more waiting in the wings.............

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Keep an eye on all those archeology anomalies websites for this topic, if you can't get anything from emailing NBC. Report back to us at this thread if you find something.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Perhaps it is this story about finding a 200-million year old dino in antarctica?
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040125/ap_on_sc/cold_fossils

What is most remarkable - as so often occurs - is the unpublicized rumors about what were found in the beast's stomach: HUMAN REMAINS!

Of course, that would upset the "evolution nazi's' so forget you heard that.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
this is the only I found

www.world-mysteries.com...

Now that's a cool map! I just love maps. Always been looking for that one. Thanks for the help!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

TPL

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
''What is most remarkable - as so often occurs - is the unpublicized rumors about what were found in the beast's stomach: HUMAN REMAINS!

Of course, that would upset the "evolution nazi's' so forget you heard that.''

Are you being serious? If so provide a link.

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by TPL]

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
i heard that map once belonged to the Moors, under the east the belonger was executed, supposedly 'he' had several other maps that showed large continents non visable in 'his' 'modern time'...

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I think they were giants in the Antarctic when it was tropical there.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogueOne
Perhaps it is this story about finding a 200-million year old dino in antarctica?
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040125/ap_on_sc/cold_fossils

What is most remarkable - as so often occurs - is the unpublicized rumors about what were found in the beast's stomach: HUMAN REMAINS!

Of course, that would upset the "evolution nazi's' so forget you heard that.

While this would be an interesting discovery, Rogue, I'd have to ask where you got that information. Any source you're willing to share with the class?

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I agree that such information as human artifacts in the antartic would be amazing news.
Thats why since there is a great silence on the matter, I would suggest there has been no finding.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
No human artifacts (or even hominid artifacts) that I've been aware of. There ARE fossils down there that have been in the news -- dinos, of course. The big controversy over these fossils is that they apprently show that some dinos were warmblooded and some had adapted to the long nights.

You might also find some more recent artifacts from the Scott expedition or Amundsen expedition (these would ALSO be classed as artifacts) and artifacts from whaling expeditions. Those would be quite interesting but not terribly surprising... and fairly modern (1700's and beyond) in origin.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Yeah right, you know there a lot more things that you don't know about.. did you knew that ?

Anyone know about the ET artifacts found in Africa ?

Why do we believe the official history of the history book ? Anyone believe the bible ? Isn't that the same thing ? That's also some kind of history book. I bet that folks over 500 Year will LTAO about what we believe today.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Re: Human Remains

Said w/tongue firmly planted in cheek, guys. They're vegans, yes?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
djf, could it have been about a 2800 year old bacteria found in the antartic ice?

www.space.com...

djf

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No, it was definitely stone tools or implements of some sort. They showed a picture, which was on the screen for maybe three seconds, the entie report only went for about 15 seconds, and I had to mull it over a bit after. But I absolutely remember them saying Antarctica at least twice, and mentioning the dicovery date in the mid 1800's, as well as them saying this would push the known discovery date back at least 200 years. Very soon after, I started searching Reuters, AP, UPI, and all the newswires and got nothing.
We should bombard NBC with requests for transcripts of the show!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join