It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgotten Abominations Of The Bible.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

matthew 5:17-20 not one little aspect of G-Ds laws was done away with by Messiah----in fact He made the law more binding----now to even look/and dwell upon in our minds to break G-Ds law is the same as having actually committed the act--------deut.22:5 cross/dressers=drag queens-----wana be homosexuals?proverbs12:22 lying lips------why dont most churches teach this abomination?heaven is not the scriptural reward of the saved-------sunday is not the sabbath day-------G-Ds holy days found in leviticus 23 have never been done away with by G-D or Messiah and in like manner unclean meats are still unclean---the law never changed----just ignored by the churches and not taught to the congregations.proverbs17:15 the wicked that break G-Ds laws and refuse to repent will become ashes under the soles of the righteous when they reject their final chance to repent of breaking G-Ds laws malachi 4.no lawless criminals that will make all the rest of us miserable forever will be allowed into the kingdom of G-D

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
reply to post by runetang

Why is it when (some) Chrisitans are faced with something disagreeable in the Bible they start blubbing about it being Old Testament,not the New???

If you do not believe in the OT because the teachings of Jesus contradict nearly all of it,then get rid of it!
That means no Genisis,no Flood,no 10 Commandments,no 7 Deadly Sins,etc.
You can't just pick and choose the parts of the Bible you like or agree with!!

Yes you can, Jesus did. The Old Testament is exactly that, OLD TESTAMENT. The OLD story of the Jews falling into idolatry and out of favor with God. It is also in there because of the various prophecies made about the Messiah which were fulfilled by Jesus.
Thats it.

The first Five Books of the Old Testament is actually called.. what? anyone? anyone?

THE TORAH.

The Full Old Testament is actually called .. what? anyone? anyone?

THE TANAKH.

It sounds like the OP has a problem with JUDAISM.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

civility and decorum ?i needed you yesterday when i was told to come to this forum area after mentioning G-D might be getting fed up with the brits-------thread was major tidal surge headed for uk east coast--------i think i ruined my chances of breaking the ats record for having the most friends on this site.always has been a hard one---to say what i think without sticking foot in mouth.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Go to the beach sometime in Louisiana, and watch the oil roll in with the waves, and then tell me if you want to eat bottom feeders. I never understood some of these things in the Bible. My best friend's grandmother told me that it was wrong to braid my hair. She said that the bible says not to braid your hair. So, I went home and looked it up, and this is what it says:

1 Peter 3:3 Do not adorn yourselves outwardly, by braiding your hair, and by wearing gold ornaments or fine clothing.

So, I guess pigtails are out!

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

God,unlike men, looks on the heart,not the outward appearance so much.The outward appearance is not where it is;it is not want counts like it does in Hollywood.It is only tempoary in contrast to our spiritual character which lasts forever.Peter goes on to say we should be more interested in adorning ourselves with a meek and quiet spirit which is precious in the sight of God.God's way is a balance way.God will not be angry if you braid your hair,wear gold jewellery,or wear fine clothing as long as you get what's more important right first and you don't become the big head.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Yes you can, Jesus did. The Old Testament is exactly that, OLD TESTAMENT. The OLD story of the Jews falling into idolatry and out of favor with God. It is also in there because of the various prophecies made about the Messiah which were fulfilled by Jesus.

As i have just said in another thread,Jesus' teachings may have been different to the Old Testament,but he believed in it and he didn't disregard it,he supported it!!

I have to ask,if you think the OT has no bearing on the Christian faith,do you believe in Adam & Eve,the 10 Commandments,the Flood,the destruction of Sodom,God testing Abraham,etc

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

i dont know if you realize this or not but the G-D being that did the actual physical creative works and made the universe and the dinosaurs and adam and eve (who rejected Him) and then dealt with able, enoch, noah , shem,abraham, isaac and jacob/israel is the same One that became the physical human Messiah----see john 1:1-19.He made all the physical laws that we need to keep if we want to stay healthy.the old covenant was made with israel which it broke over and over again------the murder of the Messiah ended that covenant between them-----just as death ends a marriage and means a spouse can remarry without committing adultery so now a new covenant is in the works BUT the laws and the prophecies of the old covenant are still in full force and effect--------they are not done away ! you better ask G-D to give you the strength to help you stop sinning before you end up becoming ashes------see 2peter2:4-10

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

i dont know if you realize this or not but the G-D being that did the actual physical creative works and made the universe and the dinosaurs and adam and eve (who rejected Him) and then dealt with able, enoch, noah , shem,abraham, isaac and jacob/israel is the same One that became the physical human Messiah----see john 1:1-19.He made all the physical lawsthat we need to keep if we want to stay healthy.the old covenant was made with israel which it broke over and over again------the murder of the Messiah ended that covenant between them-----just as death ends a marriage and means a spouse can remarry without committing adultery so now a new covenant is in the works BUT the laws and the prophecies of the old covenant are still in full force and effect--------they are not done away ! you better ask G-D to give you the strength to help you stop sinning before you end up becoming ashes------see 2peter2:4-10

Firstly.Jesus was never the "messiah" of the Hebrew people.

Secondly,Adam & Eve never rejected God.They were tempted by something they had no way of defeating.why? Because God made them pure,they did not know what evil was or sin,and God did not tell them.They made a mistake,but the all forgiving God punished them,for 100's of years instead of teaching them kindly about what good and evil is and how to defend themselves against it!!
He also punished billions of people because of what happened with Adam & Eve! So i say it is God who has rejected us,not the other way around!!

Thirdly.I am prepared to be damned for eternity because i will never back down for who i truly am!
You call me a sinner.I see myself as a good person who just happens to be a lesbian.If God cannot forgive that,then he isn't God at all!!

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Yasha is the Messiah of the hebrew people------we (not me) and the rest of the world for the most part reject our jewish Messiah.i have spent 40 years of my life so far reading the scriptures the other 20 years were spent wondering why i was alive-----if you have the time sit down with pen and paper and try to figure out how long adam and eve and children were in the paradise that G-D made for them-------it is a historical fact that abraham was born 2161 bce and the exodus took place 1441 bce -----that should help you get started------baring mistakes this works out to 116 -120 years that they didnt disobey G-D having told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil----genesis 3:3--------so for up to 120 years Yahvah G-D that made them took walks in His garden and didnt say anything that was important to them besides not to eat of that tree in the middle of the garden ?lets face reallity He told them a lot more than just about 1 tree.if you want to be a sinner and tell us about it i'm not suddenly jumping out of the bushes saying it---you told us yourself in relationship to what G-Ds scriptures lable as sin.G-D can forgive all sins-----------that are repented of----if you dont want to repent then you wont be forgiven-----by your own free choice----right now at this time G-D is not forcing anyone to keep Their laws but that is going to change when Messiah comes-----we will be forced to do what is right and not allowed to make other people miserable like it is now.you know when you get older like me sex isnt such a big deal anymore------do you think that if G-D let time go on till you were 90 sitting in your wheelchair in the nursing home that sex would be the most important part of your life before you kicked the bucket?????

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

And you've quoted this without your face turning red? I'm sorry, but if you want to accept that book literally then don't be hypocrite and accept the whole deal. That is, never eat pork or seafood, avoid at all costs a woman when she's having her period, kill everyone who dears working on a Sunday, don't wear clothes of mixed fabrics (because it's also an abomination), kill your child if he curses you, don't cut your beard, etc etc etc.

The book of Leviticus is nothing more than a manual for Israel's priest with a set of moral rules to distinguish Jews from pagans. And it's important to know this because the Hebrew theology, as we all know, says that the woman was made from the man's ribs, while the man was made in the image of god itself. Meaning, woman are one step below man and they don't have to be respected all that much. So if you "lie" with a male as you do with a female you are offending god simply because woman were supposed to be on an inferior level.

If you still choose to believe it, congratulations! But please, don't quote a book that's filled with rules that you don't obey.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz
And you've quoted this without your face turning red? I'm sorry, but if you want to accept that book literally then don't be hypocrite and accept the whole deal. That is, never eat pork or seafood, avoid at all costs a woman when she's having her period, kill everyone who dears working on a Sunday, don't wear clothes of mixed fabrics (because it's also an abomination), kill your child if he curses you, don't cut your beard, etc etc etc.

The book of Leviticus is nothing more than a manual for Israel's priest with a set of moral rules to distinguish Jews from pagans.

I can give you other verses:

1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

There is no getting around it, homosexuality is a sin. We could get into Adam and Eve and how God himself created this divine relationship between man and woman only. We could get into how God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sexual immorality, including homosexuality.

I don't think there is a need to explore the other passages as I believe Gods word is quite clear.

I'm not condemning anyone here but it's better you know the truth. Jesus died for the sinners so we all (including me) have an opportunity to get right with God.

btw- what about me makes you think I eat shellfish?

[edit on 11/10/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
"Oddly, no term existed for "homosexuality" in ancient Greece - there were only a variety of expressions referring to specific homosexual roles. Experts find this baffling, as the old Greek culture regarded male/male love in the highest regard. According to several linguists, the word "homosexual" was not coined until 1869 by the Hungarian physician Karoly Maria Benkert."
link

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
well we are descendants from incest. adam and eve and their 2 sons. where did their sons wives come from? noah's ark. it was noah, his wife and his sons wives who were saved. so first cousins had to sleep with first cousins. and there had to be a black wife, ans asian wife, an indian wife and so forth to account for all the races. then there is the story of lot and his daughters. lets get real. two daughters take sympathy on their dad because mommy has been turned into a pilar of salt. they get him drunk so they can sleep with him? sounds like to me that lot raped his girls and then blamed it on them considering that he woould have been killed for it.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
old testament doesn't apply to Christians. Read the book of Hebrews.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
not that i am condoning this though. YUCK! just an observation. but, to be consistent, government should not be in the bedroom of any one, as long as they are CONSENTING adults.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

How funny that you quote that. First of all, as a user said a couple of post above mine, the word "homosexual" was introduced to the 19º century. In fact, the word was not there until the revised version of 1946. For instance, the King James Version says this:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind

Other versions talk about "who abuse themselves with men", "sexual perverts", etc. The word "effeminate" comes from "malakos" which means "soft" and it was used in a context in which the male prostitutes dressed like woman. On the other hand "abusers of themselves", or "homosexual" comes from "arsenokoitai". You can google the word to find that noone knows for sure how to translate the word. Some say that sadomites is correct, some say it refers to the male prostitutes, some even say that he's talking about pederasts.

This is the only part on the bible on which someone mentions the word "homosexual", and as you can see, it's not as straighforward as you could expect.

On the other hand, you haven't really answered nothing to what I said earlier.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Radiobuzz]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Levitical law is for the Israelites only. Was this law introduced to the whole world? Are we native Israelites? Do I have the bloodline of Jacob? I'm a gentile believer. I have two laws on my shoulder - love God and love your neighbor. That's it. No fuss.

With regards to homosexuality, what's the fuss here? I have lesbian and gay friends as well and I treat them as with any other person. Before I judge them, I should check myself first whether I am a sinner or not, whether I am better than them. Whether by judging them, I can make him/her a better person.

These are in the category of sexual sins: Adultery, lusts, fornication, and whatever. Adultery is lusting after a person not your spouse. Homosexuality is lusting after a person of the same gender. Fornication is lusting to have sex before marriage. Bestiality is lusting after an animal not your kind. No double standards here. All have equal standings. Don't hand pick to your liking.

These are sexual sins, they are no different than the other and we all must overcome this.

Judge the action, not the person. Otherwise, we get confused, angry and bitter people around created by judgemental religious christians. It's like giving them no hope at all and giving them a mental fear why are they even born at all, if they are already condemned for hell? Where's the love here?

[edit on 11-11-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I see a problem with this thread....

As most users are American,i'll assume most of the replies are form Americans.
It seems to me that Christian faiths in the US are pulling away from the Old Testament.Am i right???

Over here in Britain,as in Europe,the OT is still just as important as the NT.And not just bits of it,all of it!!

It may not include the figure Jesus,but it includes God.And,if you believe in the Holy Trinity,then Jesus is God,so therefore the OT is important to Christians!

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

well we are descendants from incest. adam and eve and their 2 sons. where did their sons wives come from? noah's ark. it was noah, his wife and his sons wives who were saved. so first cousins had to sleep with first cousins. and there had to be a black wife, ans asian wife, an indian wife and so forth to account for all the races. then there is the story of lot and his daughters. lets get real. two daughters take sympathy on their dad because mommy has been turned into a pilar of salt. they get him drunk so they can sleep with him? sounds like to me that lot raped his girls and then blamed it on them considering that he woould have been killed for it.

There's also that time when the Angels visited Sodom and the locals supposedly wanted to get carnal with them,but this guy is like,"nah mate,you can't do that.but here,have my daughter and concubine and gang rape them til dawn."

I've often wondered about the incest thing,it always gets overlooked doesn't it.You can't fall in love with someone of the same sex,but you can have sex with your own children,and sisters can have sex with brothers!??!

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

right now at this time G-D is not forcing anyone to keep Their laws but that is going to change when Messiah comes-----we will be forced to do what is right and not allowed to make other people miserable like it is now.

I guess that means free will is out the window!

Forcing someone to do something never works,deep down they will always resent you for it.
And God forcing people to love him,how insecure and tyrannical must he be to do that!??!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join