It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgotten Abominations Of The Bible.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
HOMOSEXUALITY!!!

Yup,thats the only abomination the vast majority of Christians know about,and don't those fundamentalist types just lurrrrrvvvveeeee to tell you about it!

But there are several more that they seemed to have 'forgot' about,but i'm sure not on purpose.
And there's a chance,a very good chance they have commited one and on a regular basis!

So,here goes.

Deuteronomy.22:5.

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment:for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Cross dressing is out!
Don't matter if its your husbands fave jumper or if your off to fancy dress party,it aint allowed.As is a woman wearing jeans.Don't matter if its freezing and a icy wind is whipping up your dress,you can't change into jeans to keep warm.You suffer young lady!

Proverbs 12:22.

Lying lips are abomination to the LORD:but they that deal truly are his delight.

Better a lie that heals than a truth that wounds!
Not so to God.If you child dies in agony,you gotta know about it.None of that,'Your child was in no pain.' Instead,'Your child was in agony...for hours!'

Proverbs.17:15.

He that justifieth the wicked,and he that condemneth the just,even they both are abomination to the LORD.

I would agree with this,if God could only make up his/her mind on what is actually 'wicked.'

In Leviticus 11,there's a list of food you are not allowed to eat!

4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
27 And whatsoever goeth upon his paws, among all manner of beasts that go on all four, those are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcase shall be unclean until the even.
28 And he that beareth the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: they are unclean unto you.
29 These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind,
30 And the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole.
31 These are unclean to you among all that creep: whosoever doth touch them, when they be dead, shall be unclean until the even.
32 And upon whatsoever any of them, when they are dead, doth fall, it shall be unclean; whether it be any vessel of wood, or raiment, or skin, or sack, whatsoever vessel it be, wherein any work is done, it must be put into water, and it shall be unclean until the even; so it shall be cleansed.

Tough luck on all of you who enjoy the bounties of the sea!!

(quote from Kihm Winship.)

Of course, when confronted with such information, there are people who will tell you that the blended fabrics abomination is really just a symbolic warning that Jews should not mix with other cultures, and that the dietary laws were set aside for Gentiles at the Council of Jerusalem, and that these "other abominations" were about self-preservation, hygiene and just for Orthodox Jews anyway. In short, when something they do is shown to be an abomination, many abominators become instant anthropologists,Biblical scholars and historians as well.

So why do active abominators continue to refer to the Bible when condemning homosexuals? Are such men and women unaware of their own abominations detailed in the same scriptures? Or are they simply counting on their audience being unaware?

(just to make it clear.this is not an anti gay thread.i am gay myself.i am mearly pointing out the bulls**t the Bible is full of.)

[edit on 9-11-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here we go agin..
Please watch this video..

Being gay was never spoke badly in the bible..
People in this world need to get a grip honestly... Being gay is not an evil Abomination! Prehaps rape and murder is.. but not being gay..

This world amazes me how we can be so kewl with people who murder rape and steal.. But OMG just wait till we find out they are gay!!

Thats when the hammer seems to come down..
We all dont mind a rapist, or murder.. But if he is a gay murder, Then its like bring on the fire!!!!

People with these thoughts make me wanna puke!!!

Because this thread reminds me of like a Fred Phelps speech..
Dude please, Take Ur trash elsewhere...
Its only a matter of time before you are run out on a rail here...

The OP doesnt make it clear where they stand on this..
Just putting out the Fred Phelps type blah blah!

Are you just sharing this crap with us here?
OR do you belive in what you are spewing here sir?

be mindful theres all sorts of "gays" on this website here that are easy to offend.. Im one of them..

[edit on 9-11-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm not saying being gay is an abomination!!
I myself am gay!

I am just pointing out that that is the only abomination in the Bible that most people know of!

So take a chill pill and stop jumping to conclusions mate!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I thought prehaps you where just sharing the info, without beliving in what you where saying.. I had said that at the end of my post man..
No worries..

Thats good to know.. I just get so tired of hearing this crap day in and day out..
It gets to me at times, and just wish there where not people who think of being gay as an abomination..
Its really not...
And being gay isnt the stero typical type you see on TV..
IM like the straightest gay man you would ever meet..lol

Your stero types are very bad...
You "straight" people all tend to think that gay men all love to be *edit*
When thats like saying all black men love chicken...
What ever guys...

[edit on 11-1-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I always believe in what i say!
And when what i say is wrong,i still believe its right!

Just joking.I get sick of Christians (not all of them obviously) and their Holier Than thou attitude sometimes.I also hate the fact that they quote Jesus and his teachings of "love thy neighbour","turn the other cheek" and all that,,but will then stand outside a gay club hurling threats and abuse at people who have done them no harm whatsoever!!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
Just joking.I get sick of Christians (not all of them obviously) and their Holier Than thou attitude sometimes.I also hate the fact that they quote Jesus and his teachings of "love thy neighbour","turn the other cheek" and all that,,but will then stand outside a gay club hurling threats and abuse at people who have done them no harm whatsoever!!

No doubt homosexuality is a sin but those people you speak of are far from acting like Christians.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
No doubt homosexuality is a sin but those people you speak of are far from acting like Christians.

Why is it a sin? What is so bad and wrong about being gay?
I just dont understand why you would have to go to hell just becasue you live a lifestyle that others dont agree with??

A sin... PLEASE!!!

What is the sinful part of being gay..
Oh wait I know.. the stero typical sex part right??

Let me break this too you.. Not all gay guys are into that!!!

YOu are seriously misdirected in your notion..
Just what is sinful about being gay?

Oh wait.. its becasue all gays are pedofiles right?
Or how about this one.. All gay people have aids right?

WHich simple minded term are you going to push here Mod?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

They believe they have a right to act in such a manner,some still think that being homosexual is a choice or a disease!!
To them violent and abusive behaviour is wrong because Jesus was all about love....unless its directed at Gays.Then they can throth at the mouth and attack you.

So much for a progressive and civilised world!!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Why is it a sin? What is so bad and wrong about being gay?

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

I call bull# on this one.. Wrong.. You are taking your personal spin on what you think that means..
IT is not an abomination!! What about the post op transexuals? They are women now.. and I will tell you.. some of them you would never know they where born male..
And even some of the pre Op trannies are extreamly beautiful as women.
They look and act more like women, than most the women I know..
So yet agin your quote is very very flawed!!!

And quoting the bible like that makes you seem like you are listening to Fred Phelps..
Ive laided next to many men, and many women. But didnt have sex with them.. So what the hell are you talking about not lay next to a man like you would a woman.. Thats such bull# dude..

Also. AS a Mod I would think you would know better than to get into an argument like this.. but you are human too..
You just think I am less of a person because of how I live my life..
I think that is wrong.. and not why I am here..
But to each their own..
Just dont try comming here telling me IM going to hell or what IM doing is wrong..
I hurt no one!!! I live my life, and you jump in here and tell me without saying IM going to burn in hell..
Well thats a laugh!!! Becasue you need to seriously look at those you follow... And then take a look at yourself..
And then ask yourself, why did I come here and post..

One last thought here.. Do you even knows what happens behind close doors kinglizard? YOu seem to be going off what you think you know..
But honestly when it comes down to it, you are repeating what you have been told all your life..
With no thought or reason, other than its what you where told to say..
THus you come here and repeat what you where told by others...

I hope you break free of those chains...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
They believe they have a right to act in such a manner

I don't support committing sin to combat sin. Wonder if they take the same actions against those that eat too much...etc.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Do you not feel ashamed to quote that line?

Millions have suffered and will continue to suffer because of that line and because of a faith that preaches love and spews out hate!

There has been slow progression in the western world concerning the 2nd class citizenship of women,with no thanks to the Bible,is it not time we did the same with Homosexuality?

As i've shown,there are other abominations,ones that billions have commited.Do you think God will forgive them??

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Quite right man!! I am ashamed that an ATS Mod would quote that line..
But MOds are human too. So no worries there...

Murder, rape, and theifs.. Those are the sins I feel are wrong..
And in this backwards world we live in.. IF they are gay then people see them just as bad as murders.. TOTAL BULLCRAP!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I cant believe a forum moderator just said that *SNIP* quote ... I'm willing to stake my membership in this forum by letting you know what patetich christian quote you just made : "No doubt homosexuality is a sin" .... OMFG I really do hope that was a sarcastic thing...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
jakyll,

I won't get into an argument about what I believe to be Gods word. I believe God's direction and record is held within the Bible. The reason I commented on this thread and others like it is because I don't like when a very small group of people that call themselves Christians act in a way contrary to the teachings in the Bible....then some use that to condemn all Christians when in fact it's just a very small percentage.

I wish you the best and will not throw any punches here or anywhere else.

Take Care....

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm all for people believing in what they want,unless it causes harm to another.
Then i want no part of it.
And anyone with an ounce of intelligence should have no part in it either!

I don't know how anyone can love their neighbour and condemn those that don't fit it with their beliefs at the same time.

And i don't just mean Christians.Islam and Judaism are no better.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Talk about needing to take a chill pill!
The mod didn't say you were going to hell or that you were going to burn forever. YOU said that. He also quoted a verse in Leviticus that doesn't say what you said it does. It doesn't say "lie NEXT to" it says "lie WITH". It is also not "a personal spin" to say it is an abomination. The text clearly says, "it is an abomination." I personally don't know how else you could translate that or how you could come up with any other spin on it. It's pretty straight forward.

That said....I work with and am friends with MANY gays/lesbians. I'm the only straight person they invite to their get-togethers (non-sexual) and I'm honored that they include me in their association of "ok" people. I don't rag on them for their lifestyle but if they ASK me what I think or believe, I tell them. It usually leads to some pretty deep conversations but, to date, I've not turned any away from their lifestyle and none have "converted" me.

You're right about many things being mentioned as an abomination in the bible. I could go into a lot of detail about those items as I'm currently writing a book on the subject but I suspect you're not really interested. I suspect (don't KNOW) that you just wanted to take a stab at Christians, some of whom have females that wear jeans and some who eat lobster so that you could say, "I'm gay and you wear jeans, so if I'm going to hell for an abomination then so are you." Very mature.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I won't get into an argument about what I believe to be Gods word. I believe God's direction and record is held within the Bible. The reason I commented on this thread and others like it is because I don't like when a very small group of people that call themselves Christians act in a way contrary to the teachings in the Bible....then some use that to condemn all Christians when in fact it's just a very small percentage.

You can stay and talk,it'll make things interesting.

I know what you mean,about people being lumped in together.Thats why i said at the start of my thread that,though most Christians only know of that particular abomination,its the fundamentalist types who love to go on and on and on about it.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Civility and decorum...

Will be the order of the day, and we will respect the right for ALL members to post their opinions within the Terms & Conditions.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
you know, i've been reading this thread and I gotta say, kinglizard is being bashed and pounced upon for stating an opinion. and believe me i am the last one to stand up for a mod (they usually smack me down) anyways ZYSIN5 totally jumped Kinglizard straight up after KL's first post.
it seems that an opinion is only welcomed if they agree with it.

hey, i have nothing against gays but they are very militant when stating their views but they are the first ones to scream foul when someone doesn't agree with them.

and Zynsin5, dude get a grip, you totally jumped the OP without properly reading his post and come to find out he bats for the same thing you do.

maybe you should listen more to your sensei and put out your feelers for some fresh vibes because you are wound up pretty tight.
mho,
IB

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join