It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE REVOLUTION! highlights

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I just thought i would put up a thread about the revolution as you may have seen we have heard from the famous three amigo's and from marr's and a few celebrities so i figured i would put up a thread about everyones expieriences and thoughts about it.

i personally loved the speeches because without ats my life would be terrible and i would probably be boring and never be able to share we expierinces and help others' expieriences.

thank you ATS for bringing my life from the dumps

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i'll let you have this one, you need the points more than I do hahahahaha

Jasn

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Would have a lot of fun to have been there. Watching the live feed and being in chat was a very enjoyable experience.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think I would like to add that I was disappointed - in a way. In all honesty, after the build up it had been given I sort of expected something more.

Don't get me wrong, ATS is great. But I really thought this was gonna be an important discussion or something just more in depth.

Guess it was just a party to celebrate the guys on doin well.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I hope we will be able to watch it again (as i didn't get a chance to yet).

[edit on 5-11-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
so what was it all about?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Looked like a wonderful success!!! Go ATS!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Looks like a feedback loop in a matrix------sort of a dynamic web or dynamic databasing within a network where something interesting can be spawned, evolve, and cross species boundaries (as it were) dynamically with input and feedback from numerous modalities and personalities. Now I need the implant so I can participate in real time.

It wasn't explained very well IMHO, but thats what I got out of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
what exactly is this "revolution" thing? some live chat ?
ive been off for a few weeks, so whats this thing all about?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It was, basically, a 10th Anniversary celebration for ATS. The speakers were Justin Loeber (edit: I original thought he said he was Justin Oldham, sorry), Richard Belzer, Springer, Jim Marrs, Simon Gray and Skeptic Overlord.

Belzer gave an overview of what ATS is and why, when he found it, it was like "manna from Heaven". He extolled the virtues of sober debate and discussion and the intelligence of the membership to expose hoaxes in record time.

S.O. explained the "spheres", where at the center is the internet with user-generated content that, both, takes in and gives out information and ideas to/from radio, television, news print, literature and other sources, to expand the depth of understanding of our world and universe to all corners of an inter-connected global population. (I think that's what he said, anyway.
)

Anyway, it was a lot of fun to hear a few words, via the webcam, from Lombozo, William One Sac, Springer, Skeptic Overlord, 2m8keall2c, Access Denied, Duckster, Gilbert Gottfreid (okay, he only said one word), and whoever else gave us a shout out that I don't recall or whose names I didn't catch.

No big "revolutionary" announcements, but I had a fun time watching and chatting in ATS chat with lots of other members. (Two full rooms, with lines waiting to get in!)

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
hmmm, okay. kind of a let down after all the hype, but
oh well. thanks for explaining it to me, i was rummaging through
another thread here looking for answers, but it's like
100+ posts! anyway, thanks.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Aw man, I just woke up, it is 6am here. So there will be a downlod for it right? Come on, howmany arms do I have to twist, no really? How many?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thank-you for the updates Tuning Spork.

Couldn't get it here at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yeah im happy that ATS is 10 yrs on and all but wasn't really worth the hype, the calls of 'Revolution' and sitting around all day and night waiting for links to a party
(5th November was here earlier in Aus)

In all reality what was announced isn't anything that we all didn't already know about the future of media and the publics input etc.... Was really looking for some kind of major news on disclosure or information regarding goverment cover-ups and the impact on the general public etc....

I think you will find there will be a few other people also a little put off by this and will be wary of future calls of new and fantstic news....

again great to see ATS turn 10 and the guys get a little ego rub... lets hope the changes keep the forums and other outlets informative and to the point....

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisFowl

does anyone else think it's ironic revolution and celebrity are being used in the same sentence?

[edit on 5-11-2007 by riley]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
yeah..hurrah!...good job...now how about using your position and monetary strength to some good use..maybe towards...oh i dunno...DISCLOSURE!
anyhow, large pat on the back. meanwhile we little people will keep our eye on target and continue working towards disclosure.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think every one here on ATS is missing the point. We as ATS members are the revolution! the revolution has been taking place for 10 years now.

Think about it we have broke the norm on our content discussion. We have radio,videos, chat rooms, tons of forums all talking about the so called "socially unacceptable" topics.

So for those of you saying "it wasn't really a revolution" no the broadcast its self wasn't but rather it was celebration of our revolution that started here at ATS 10 years ago and still continues to this day.

sin,
neonine

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I thought it was pretty cool being able to chat and have the people on the webcast respond.

Yes, there were no earth-shattering announcements made but over-all I would say that it was a success for ATS. We have moved from an "underground" community to a more mainstream source for alternative topics. It will be interesting to see how our user-generated content evolves in the future.

Some members voiced their disappointment over the event in the chat and in some of the threads but how can anyone call a party attended by Ice-T, Coco, and their dog a total bust? BTW, what was up with all the dogs there?

Oh, and that was Justin Oldham with the clipboard? He came all the way from Alaska, Wow! He looks thinner and shorter than his avatar/picture.

Oh yeah, and Access Denied said hi to me on camera!

[edit on 5-11-2007 by scooler1]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neonine

See you guys really need to put in a star it function on the board business page...
Otherwise I have to do this stupid little post just to say I agree with Neonine! Well Put!

Golf Claps!!!!

[edit on 11/5/2007 by coven]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Damn I just got off from work, and missed it all. Can I not download it anywhere?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join