It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE REVOLUTION! highlights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hello all...

While what we presented may seem like not much of a revolution for us experienced ATS users, for those in the room, we rocked their world.

The idea that ATS can evolve to a media company where online users become participants in shaping their offline media experiences may seem like a natural extension to "us," I can say with certainty that it was an earth-shattering revelation -- a media revolution -- to the people in the room. And those people included producers/reporters for every major broadcast network, all three major cable news networks, three radio networks, five major news papers, three news radio stations, publishers, film producers, and cable network executives. And yes... some celebrities are varying degrees in a cool location to make sure that we draw all the people we needed to draw.

The post-presentation response from the news people was nothing short of gushing and every bit in agreement with our "revolution" theme.

There are a lot of projects happening... and the first is Richard Belzer's call to ATS members and visitor's for all your best material on UFO sightings. How often have we heard in our forums how various cable shows on UFO's or other conspiracies fall short of making the important points? Now, here is your chance to play a part in making it better.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Interesting, so basically this al comes down to mkaing money ? Would that be a fair assumption ?
BTW, I didn't see it, who were the celebrities and do they contribute to ATS at all ?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
with all due respect, you mean to tell me that all those people at the news conference were blown away by what we take for granted? you mean ATS as a whole? podcasts our little websites? tinwiki? that kind of stuff. i don't get it maybe i am missing something. its not like those non ATS'ers are hiding under rocks...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Interesting, so basically this al comes down to mkaing money ?

No... but undoubtedly some will see it that way.

But maybe you can explain how we can better present our topics to a broader spectrum of people, in a reasonably digestible way, without the need to make money to do so?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze
you mean to tell me that all those people at the news conference were blown away by what we take for granted?

Yes... because they didn't know about us, what we have, what we say, and where we're going.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

and most importantly, HOW MANY of us there is....?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well I for one think what you guys have done is great. This site IS the revolution.

I first stumbled across ats back in 2000 when I was looking up information on HAARP and this site just happened to be in the links. At the time ats was mostly just a collection of articles concerning secret government topics and the like (at least that's all I remember seeing).

I didn't come across it again until probably 2004 or so when it had grown into this massive messageboard. I stayed on intrigued and read and lurked and read some more for a few years. At that time when I rediscovered ats, I came in having all of these *crackpot* theories about certain subjects and after reading some of the (very well informed) posts here I realized that everything wasn't a conspiracy but that didn't mean there weren't ANY conspiracies out there.

I feel like ats helped me direct my energy into more meaningful directions, it helped me actually start looking for truth and not just what I wanted to be true.

This site is awesome. To think that in ten years you have not only captured a huge following and membership in cyberspace, but also have reached mainstream audiences and even got to throw a big party with media bigwigs and celebrities. That's pretty darn impressive considering how it must have started.

I also think it is amazing of you guys to thank everyone here for contributing and helping you get where you are. That you even went as far as setting up this webcast so that even if we couldn't attend the party we could be there in spirit and see what you all were up to is going above and beyond. That to me is amazing. If this was just about money you would have bitten the hand that feeds long ago.

I mean really, How many message boards out there can throw a party and get Ice T to show up?

Bravo amigos! You've done the whole world a service with this board. Hope you all had a blast at the shindig, you deserve it.

Long time lurker, seldom poster,

thebeard

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
does anyone else think it's ironic revolution and celebrity are being used in the same sentence?

I agree I personally don't like the message of V, or Nov 5th being changed for marketing reasons, however, if they do not let the power players control the flow of information, then spreading knowledge does match the V thing, so who really knows.

I have to be honest though, seeing Ice T, holding that little poodle made me think of the socialites that carry their pets. (I assume the pet belonged to the girl next to him)

I can imagine mainstream media blown away, they have no idea how many cubby holes on the net are getting millions of views. It must have blown their mind when you mentioned your traffic. The journalist get jealous, and the accountants see dollars
And most probably didn't know you existed, just imagine how many of them will have interns looking for info for stories now from this site. This is another way the content is revolutionary and breaks out of the web.

I do think it is cool Ice T is a Conspiracy fan, and Beltzer's speech was great, I enjoyed the event, and am reviewing the tape for little nuggets.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Excellent post, Redge.

Originally posted by Redge777
I enjoyed the event, and am reviewing the tape for little nuggets.

Great! If you could compile, say, a 2- or 3-minute highlight reel and post in the Video Channels forum that'd be awesome, especially for those who are still on dial-up and can't/wont download the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The term "Revolution" should not have been combined with phrases like "where will you be" and an air of secrecy from the site's authority.

Let me say, if there was going to be a 10 million man march on Washington being advertised on ATS, I would certainly question its validity now.

I believe this was an exploitation of the deep rooted feelings that many of us have concerning a need for change.

We must not trust anyone to bring us a revolution, it must be a cooperative effort.

I can't believe I watched a bunch well dressed people get drunk and celebrate while their society is collapsing and their followers were expecting a great change.

[edit on 11/6/2007 by Anubis Kanubis]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anubis Kanubis
The term "Revolution" should not have been combined with phrases like "where will you be" and an air of secrecy from the site's authority.

Let me say, if there was going to be a 10 million man march on Washington being advertised on ATS, I would certainly question its validity now.

I believe this was an exploitation of the deep rooted feelings that many of us have concerning a need for change.

I can't believe I watched a bunch well dressed people get drunk and celebrate while their society is collapsing and their followers were expecting a great change.

[edit on 11/6/2007 by Anubis Kanubis]

My sentiments exactly........ I hope they think it through a little better b4 announcing something like this...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It is nice to hear all of the media representatives were impressed.
To be honest, in catching the end of your presentation (nice to finally see the words on the shiny balls) I felt a little sorry for you guys. You seemed so excited to get some questions in for the three amigos, yet no one in the audience seemed to be interested in a QnA. Hopefully they all just wanted a little face time while mingling, instead of talking in front of the crowd.

As for me, your new structured idea of ATS fits right in with my upcoming plans of contribution. Look out for my essay on Afghan reconstruction and the poppy!

Also planning on some lessons on the various schools of International Relations, both to aid me in my studies as a review tool, and to bring a structured understanding of how rational actors(states) play games(make policy) on the world stage. After all, to communicate effectively through our levels of media(back to the shiny balls), we do need to use a common language so we can all be on the same page.

But that was a little OT this is not about me, it's about ATS's big night (ironically ATS's big night was about ATS being about me). Tie your tongue around that one.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
" I can say with certainty that it was an earth-shattering revelation -- a media revolution -- to the people in the room. And those people included producers/reporters for every major broadcast network, all three major cable news networks, three radio networks, five major news papers, three news radio stations, publishers, film producers, and cable network executives.

So the point of having these media outlets there was so they can go and spread the word to their markets? Or was it a way of networking; looking for partners/buyers?

I was disappointed when no one asked questions for Q & A and the unfortunate slip of a nervous tongue by one of the 3 amigos: lets get back to drinking, or close to that.

I echo the response of those who feel let down by the hype. Very similar to the Sopranos finale! I was hoping for a major disclosure or revolutionary speech or remark; something to rock the world.

Dont get me wrong, I think what we have accomplished is great, and the work you guys do is saintly, but I think ATS cried wolf and many members will be less apt to fall for the hype next time.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
can you please tell us what celebrities showed up? was natalie portman there at ALL?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Well done guys!

I hope that all who attended had a pleasant evening and didnt get too sloshed!

All acomplished speakers, I would have been bricking it! If you guys were, it didnt show!

It kind of reminded me of an AGM or something.

I was a bit dissapointed while watching, after all the hype I expected to see at least one alien or JFK's shooter or something

Here is to the next 10 years! When is the next one? And what is Mr. Ice T's user ID?

Oh and how do you guys plan on giving us guys credit for the content we create? Do we get to have our real name on TV or in the back of a book? That would be cool!

[edit on 6/11/07 by DeepCoverUK]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I had a few problems getting the feed connected but after I got that working I had a wonderful time. It was such a lovely party. Was good to put faces on some names I see everyday.

I too was expecting some earth shattering information to come out but it didn't.

I know this seems unimportant but I was totally amazed at how short Tom Cruise is. I would have been surprised if Tom had not been there.
Leonard Nimoy was looking good for his age.

I hope be be at the next party. You guys really do it up right.

Thanks for the wonderful evening.

Dizzie

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

I know this seems unimportant but I was totally amazed at how short Tom Cruise is. I would have been surprised if Tom had not been there.
Leonard Nimoy was looking good for his age.

you see, I knew those guys posted HERE! I once got a PM from Tom I think. He's a cool guy.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
im still curious as to when we get a download/podcast or something of the such. i had work so i missed the whole ruddy thing! lol tried twice to get on ATS from my bosses work computer.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I really do hope that the amigos are working on downloadable video of the webcast, as I had planned to stay up to watch but was too tired and gave in and went to bed.

As regards 'celebrities' using ATS, I think that if they do it's cool - it gives them a way to interact with people in way which would be extremely difficult once you reach a certain level of fame, and find yourself surrounded by assorted sycophants. It also shows that the topics/issues discussed here reach out to an incredibly wide cross section on society.

I think that the membership got themselves all in a fluster that something big was going to happen that would have an 'immediate' effect.

Now whether or not what I'm reading will have an immediate effect or not is debatable, but I think that it is big. Increasing awareness of what goes on here can only be a good thing. If a few people hear about us, decide that it sounds interesting, checks us out and starts to think about the bigger issues in life, rather than where his/her next Whopper is coming from, it can only be a good thing.

It also means that perhaps the 'mainstream' media will look to this membership for insights on current affair and alternative topics rather than going to the same 'community leaders' and worn-out circuit speakers and perhaps some of the topics we discuss here may be taken a little more seriously by those who sneer at anything they fail to understand.

And to any celebrities reading this? Lend me a tenner?

[edit on 6-11-2007 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There will be a video stream compiled from the event video, as well as photos.

It also looks like we may have some follow-up with 60 Minutes on the Barksdale story that broke on ATS... stay tuned.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join