It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Iran: You decide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

What beautiful pictures. I don't think the western world realizes the incredible culture and architecture this nation has developed. It's a shame that the leadership of this country has come to loggerheads with other nations.

Let's not forget the true beauty of the country, the people.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Beautiful photos. Thanks for posting. They illustrate why we should stop invading other countries. All is not as our government tells us it is.

Get out of Iraq. Stay out of Iran.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Iran is full of life and beauty. Countries are too often destroyed with bombs, bullets, and especially with the indifference of an entire population of people. We can not risk the complete cultural devistation a war with this country will unleash. It is in our best interest as human being to make peace with our brothers and sisters of any foreign land. We should study and appreciate the beautiful country and the fascinating culture that has developed from such.

"Life's a garden. Dig it." - Joe Dirt.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'll agree those are very beautiful pictures. However, the assertion that we should not attack a country based on how pretty it's landscapes are is more than naive, its ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating war with Iran or anything similar, I'm just pointing out that just because a country is beautiful is not grounds to dismiss attacking a country.

There are much more important things going on in Iran right now besides beautiful scenery.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

What a marvellous slide show with beautiful pictures.
Persia, as it was, had been one of the greatest empires of the ancient world.
Lets hope, that in our future, people still can see Iran it as it is today.

Thanks for sharing antar.

[edit on 5/11/07 by spacevisitor]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There is absolutely no good reason for us to attack Iran, just as there was no good reason to attack Iraq. There has been enough war. It's time for the planet as a whole to shelve militaristic attitudes and progress to a permanent state of peace.

Killing more people is not the answer to the world's problems.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

My friend thank you for your insights. Although what you say is correct, I believe never is it time to invade a country, that said, it is important to the integrity of this particular thread, to remain focused on the emotional sense that rises from these pictures rather than the left brain rationalization of the political ramifications we are facing following the propaganda of thousands of years from the dark shadowy governments and their ideals of separatism, disinformation and control. This is not a rally round the anything thread, just an opportunity to awaken to something greater than what we have been lead to believe. Furthermore it is about more than our views on just one Nation , country or state, it is about an awakening and taking back the strengths and birthright each and every world citizen has a right to. The truth.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
No doubt.

There are places such as these in every country in the world. Places that elicit such deep emotional feelings. It's pictures and places like these that really make people feel as though we are all connected as human beings, and not divided by country's and borders. Every human being has this sense of connectivity no matter where we are from.

My only point was that this is not the only thing we can base decisions on. This propaganda comes from every side and angle on subjects like this one.

If only everything could be so simple as these wonderful images.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by nyk537]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Indeed these are all beautiful pictures of our Mother Earth. I would love to be able to visit these places in my lifetime, but seeing as I am considered an infidel by their standards, I am afraid that to even attempt to visit these beautiful places may result in harm or even my death.

It is a shame that some of the most beautiful places on Earth are only accessible to those that hold the key to the lands. My hope is that one day all the lands of the Earth will be available for all to share.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I enjoyed the pictures.

Also wanted to mention, I don't believe in war, no matter what the country.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I worked with a woman in Cal, who at first only identified herself as Persian (1987 ish), the ultimately iranian-she thouhgt i would hold a grudge for the scandals (Hostage & Contra). Although far more conservative than I -she was great to work with,great sense of humor and real committment to her family and job. Iranians have th esame problem we are suffering from- Men who wish to appear strong, but are really impotent in the face of the other forces at work. they have no control over Corporate Globalization . they are mere puppets to the real masters of the game- Corporationists like Cheney, Rummy,Wolfie, probably a few Saudi Shieks and Isreali Fundementalist to boot.
Us average joes are not the problem to ANY of the issues that plague us. It Starts from the top on rolls down hill. time to kick the Sh*t kickers off the top of the heap. they cause nothing but trouble for the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I agree. Italy is beautiful; does that mean Mussolini was good? You could have made the case for Germany, Japan, and Vietnam; just because a country is a beautiful place it means it’s good? Those pictures are gorgeous and I had no idea Iran was so beautiful and in many ways is similar to the Americas. I don’t think most Iranians really think too much about the U.S., like me, they are concerned with the happenings in there daily lives, not the death of Israel and its evil ally. None the less pretty picture tell nothing of a countries stance towards the world.

If we do go to war with Iran I think it will be different then the war in Iraq. I don’t think we would be aiming to occupy Iran; we would be spreading ourselves to thin. We would do something more along the lines of what we did in the original Gulf War, mostly strategic air strikes on military targets. No land invasion or occupation. With just airpower we could take out most of the Iranian military, hopefully rendering them threat less. Not that I think that's what we should do, it’s just what I think would happen if we did go to war with Iran, hopefully sparing most of those beautiful Vistas.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Thanks for cutting through all the smokescreen to expose the OP's true agenda - and the fallacy of it - that if a war were to unfortunately happen, the U.S. would be carpet bombing the entire country into dust. You correctly point out that precision weapons would take out military targets and infrastructure. The only problem for any of those beautiful places would be if the iranians chose to place weapons, etc. in those places. Doing that and then helping start a war would kind of place the blame for any destruction back on the iranians.

Oh, and would it have changed things, I wonder, if we had gathered a bunch of happy family photos from the people at the WTC, etc. and forwarded them over to bin laden before he attacked?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't understand the purpose here. You're drawing conclusions about the soundness of a political policy from pictures? Yes, it's beautiful countryside, but you can't use that as a factor in policymaking that is not logically connected. That's disingenuous.

Of course Iran has beautiful countryside. So does the US, so does Japan, South Africa, Georgia, Pakistan, and Antarctica. Not to mention every other nation on earth. And it's terrible when anything bad should happen to any of it.

If the US were to post pictures of Iran's industrial centers and less beautiful areas, that would be doing the exact same thing: asking to draw a conclusion about the nation from a set of pictures that are not logically related to the policy in question. And the argument would rightly be that the act was disingenuous. I am unfortunately led to question how it is any different in this situation.

[edit on 11/5/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Whats your point?
Those are not pictures of their nuclear facilities which are in isolated areas.

The U.S. is NOT going to bomb downtown Iran so your pictures are moot.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How beautiful a country is means nothing on either side of this or any other war,
Lebanon was once a beautiful country too, look where it is now.
Japan, Pearl Harbor, Sicily, Greece, Italy, Paris, Germany, etc. all have their beautiful views and scenery.
Having a nice view from their 2nd floor loft window doesnt mean that their leaders get a free pass..
I'm not for war in Iran, I think it is completely insane to even consider it but that doesnt excuse the way that country's been acting..
I wonder how many speeches have been given calling for the destruction of the US and Israel? Not just recently either, theyve been doing that since 1970.
Yea my country is being a bully but that shouldnt overshadow the fact that the leader and spiritual leader of Iran are fanatics and I dont believe they should ever be trusted until they are a little more responsible with their words and actions.

Sorry, I said since "1970" when I meant to say 1979

The U.S. is NOT going to bomb downtown Iran so your pictures are moot.

I wouldnt count on that.. If we do strike Iran, there would most likely be com towers in Tehran that would need to be taken out.

[edit on 11/5/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thank you for linking to these BEAUTIFUL pictures. I would love to be able to visit Iran.

Just awesome scenery...and wonderful pics of the people.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
We must insist that this administration and any other future leaders remain in a state of peace with all of our planet.

That's great, but sometimes it's not us that doesn't want peace (and no, that's not a declaration of my opinion on the Iranian issue).

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Once again in an honest attempt to remain on track with this thread I will remind you that the debate of politics, military and such is best served in other more appropriate threads on the forum. You may access many already in progress from the Board home.
This thread and the OP was simple and sincere in the position we are so controlled by the ruling factions and have been for so long that we forget that this is 'our' planet.
The divisions and the control were not intended to be our precious birthrite.
When I think of Iran, I think of the pictures that were painted for me of angry militant, scum that deserve to be eliminated because they will never learn,
because they have destroyed their resources and have not a clue as to how to live a life of quality and freedom.
I picture dry desolate war torn cities, bodies strewn across the gutters bloody and dead, with dirty children running from their own soldiers ready to shoot them unnessarily.
I did not imagine real human beings going surfing, jogging, skiing, farming, appreciating a garden, camping by the shore with their children, their children that they love and are attempting to raise in consciousness regardless of religion, to create and become part of a more educated and enlightened, peaceful world.
This was an awakening for me, just simply the pictures. It showed me just how deeply mind controlled I am susceptible to being. Thank God I am waking up. And as I wake so does the planet and all the inhabitants because we are so much more connected than the dark forces would ever allow anyone to know.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I see no problem with pointing out the culture and beauty of Iran. Infact, I found the pictures very educational and knew what the poster was getting at. As an American citizen, I am very ashamed of the way our politics and power have been corrupted, the government has become too strong and too powerful, infact, many here fear thier own government and are afraid to speak out. This is a result of big business integrating into our once democratic system.

It would be a crying shame to destroy a culture, especially a culture we don't understand. To most simple minded Americans, Iraq and the Middle Eastern countries are the perfect scapegoat. Fear and destroy what you don't know is the logic of today or so the media portrays. There are times when I think that people are smarter here in America then what I give them, but other times they just once again make me feel ashamed to be an American. Especially our political leaders. They do not speak for the majority here and if a country came here on my land, I would also be an insurgent and a militia member. America is expanding as Rome once did, and this is happening now, and we all remember what happened to Rome once it lost it's power base.

Just a final note - If we, the US, happen to invade your country of Iran, just know that the majority of us here do not support that action, or any way, and that most of our leaders are evil, money hungry scum who have no fear of hell, because most of them are Satanists who worship Molech at Bohemian Grove. America needs to wake up and be ready to fight, not those outside, but our own internal war. I think the time is near, so please be ready.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join