It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Iran: You decide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As Abbie Hoffman would say, the US is home to the Death Kulture. It is no longer it's own place. Iran is beautiful.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Great pics........Thank you

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by timeless test

What I see is not unity through pictures of some foreign land, yet just a little more awareness creeping in for those across the world that are continually inundated by media and its depiction of places other than those where they broadcast from. Breaking the deception barriers a little at a time.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Oh, and would it have changed things, I wonder, if we had gathered a bunch of happy family photos from the people at the WTC, etc. and forwarded them over to bin laden before he attacked?

Why is it that most of my fellow Americans are so ignorant of what the USA has become?

Please watch this entire video before you make up an opinion, think hard then post a reply.

Google Video Link

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Lucky One]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucky One
Why is it that most of my fellow Americans are so ignorant of what the USA has become?

The USA is still the same great country.

Why is it that a small minority of people are ignorant & gullable enough to dislike their own country by believing in liberal propaganda and lunacy conspiracy theories.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucky One

With your avatar "nazi america" (but you forgot to change the "c" to a "k"), no need to watch your video (I actually did start to watch it) or read any more of your posts IMHO. Your mind is obviously made up and closed. Not how most people deny ignorance or hypocrisy.

****IGNORED****

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I see a lot of bickering as to why terrorist attacked on 9/11, why we attacked Iraq in the first place, etc etc.

This is about IRAN.

Should we base our attacks of a country due to its natural beauty? I would say no.

Iraq is a very beautiful place (was?) before we bombed the crap out of it. I would suffice to say there are still wondrous beauties there.

And no, Iraq is not a completely barren desert landscape. Same with Iran.

However, based on the merits of our leaders and the middle eastern leaders, they should be the ones bombing our country.

If you are completely ignorant of the history of the middle east, then this point might go way over your head. For that, I apologize.

We have had a hand in essentially every conflict for the past 50-75 years.

We support Israel blindly as they continue to destroy Palestinian lives.

We support the fascist regime of Pakistan while they slaughter innocent Christians, Hindus, and Jews.

(Don't even get me started on our support of China, fascism in Africa, South America, etc etc the list goes on forever).

We support the slaughter of Iraqi civilians (and insurgents/terrorists
) while the Iraqi government does nothing to stop our abuses (see Abu Gahrib, Guatanamo Bay).

We are now on the verge of another fruitful war for the military-industrial complex and ignorant hate-mongering criminals everywhere.

Another war will only benefit an elite few, while millions will continue to suffer.

Have we not done enough damage to this beautiful world of ours?

Perhaps the images of Iran SHOULD be enough to stop an invasion. Do the Iranian people deserve a desert wasteland as much as the 'terrorists in Iraq' deserved their treatment?

How would we like it (as Westerners, Americans, etc) if a rogue nation decided to attack our country (don't tell me terrorists attacked us on 9/11 either; when was the last attack if we're really in a jihad jackasses)?

Would you be lining up for the local militia? I'd be outraged. It wouldn't take me long to figure out who was really doing the killing...'Insurgents' or foreign nationals? What a joke, a sad sad joke.

People who continue to support war regardless of the consequences (or even after carefully taking them in) need to join the Army themselves, shoot themselves in the heart, and know what pain really feels like. Then come back to life, murder your whole family, and even then you won't know what some people have gone through.

Have you had your entire neighborhood exterminated by foreign bombing, by intelligence agencies supposedly tracking terrorists in an effort to rid the world of freedom-hating monsters?

Enough already.

Enough, the people have spoken.

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Wow! Main stream media does not show this. Iran is beautiful. Makes me want to go see it.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
HOAX... those photos are obviously fake.

Prove to me that those are photos from Iran.

Just kidding.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
The USA is still the same great country.Why is it that a small minority of people are ignorant & gullable enough to dislike their own country by believing in liberal propaganda and lunacy conspiracy theories.

That's a good one.

I hear people tell me daily how #ty this place has become.

Let me guess, you were born a few years ago huh?

Haven't quite seen the world, been exposed to its ways yet. I feel ya.

However, let me help you out.

I don't even know where to start actually as there is so much wrong with your statement.

The small minority you speak of happens to be a majority of Americans in this country. Have you checked the polls lately, Congress and the President's ratings our down below 30%. That doesn't sound like some liberal minority to me.

Nor a crazy one at that.

Liberal propaganda...Ha.

East coast usa, let me guess you're a sheltered young boy from a rich family who was sent away to private school for his education...Right.

Ok. If you watch any sort of news, which I assume you do, turn off CNN, FOX, MSNBC.

They're all propaganda. None of it happens to be liberal.

Let me help you define liberal. Your usage seems to be quite skewed.

Definitions of liberal on the Web:

broad: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness; "a broad political stance"; "tolerant ...
having political or social views favoring reform and progress
tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition
a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties
a person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets
Liberalism refers to a broad array of related doctrines, ideologies, philosophical views, and political traditions which hold that individual liberty is the primary political value.

www.google.com...:liberal&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

That sounds quite terrible to me. Geez, who would possibly want the protection of civil liberties? Oh right, you'd rather prefer Fascist Republicanism. I forgot.

Do I consider myself a liberal politically? No, in fact I am a libertarian. I believe in individual rights.

You sir are advocating for blind faith in one's leaders, which happens to be neither democratic, nor free.

By one of the definitions above, I am open-minded. So in that sense, I am a liberal open-minded thinker and idealist.

I believe in change. Without change we would already be dead in our graves.

Authoritarianism doesn't like change. Keep with the traditions, no matter how biased and foolhardy they may have become.

Our great country has downgraded into a hateful republic bent on world domination through economic superiority or military might.

We have never lived in a democracy, as you may believe it to be. We were born into a Constitutional Republic. This is not a democracy as our leaders found the masses to be too ignorant to voice their own opinions.

Is that freedom? I think not.

Your freedoms have been heavily restricted with the passage of the Patriot Act 1 and 2. Research that yourself, you surely have the time.

We cannot even choose our own President, the electoral college does that for us.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think antar was wanting to show us the beauty of Iran and to ask the question why we humans have to keep destroying the beauty this earth has given us. The whole planet has garden of edens in it. But yet we can't find away to stop the wars and the killings. We can't stop the bombings and the destruction of such beauty. We have to find someway to get along and stop destroying our planet. I want this beautiful planet here for my children, grandchildren and their children.

Forgot to say thanks antar for the pictures.

[edit on 11/5/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
american government=organized crime=terrorism=$$$$$

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
liberal propaganda and lunacy conspiracy theories.

Hahahahaha! Lunacy conspiracy theories?!? The video I posted is fact, not theories! You never even looked at it.

I used to be a conservative right wing pro corporate nut like yourself. I woke up in the 80's and became disgusted after 9/11.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

There are many wonderful places on earth that seem to get caught up in war. Personally, I am POSITIVE Iran is no threat to the United States. Lets say Iran creates 1 nuke. Big deal. The US has thousands. How do you threaten a tank with a sling shot? I have no idea why the current administration has such a big wargasm going????

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell
american government=organized crime=terrorism=$$$$$

Well, since you're on the moon, good that you'll have a chance to set things up there right - at least what you consider right. Hey, more power to you.

I wonder how long before someone that disagrees with your plan for running things sticks some C4 next to your airlock just to let you all know how much they disagree? Nevermind what gets destroyed and how many are killed to prove their point.

Now, back to reality here on earth ...

[edit on 11/5/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Life changing Pictures. What a stunning and beautiful awakening.I'm ashamed of the image my government has planted in my mind.The evidence of mass mind control and subtle subliminal sugestions, has even become more clear now as I looked through your pictures.I always new God would find a way.I wish every news cast tonight, would quietly run these pictures between their stories and wake the American people from their government induced hypnotic suggestion,that we must bomb this land.Thank you for opening my eyes with yours,I will never be the same if something terrible happens to this country,because it will surely be the end of us all.peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Please watch this entire video before you make up an opinion, think hard then post a reply.

Google Video Link

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Lucky One]

Caution - definition of the verb 'to pilger', common use in English:

verb. To destroy facts in a 'John Pilger' fashion, to 'pillage' the truth, poor or no fact checking, wild accusations, conspiracy theories etc..

See:

www.samizdata.net...

Realize the nature of the propaganda you're encouraging people to view. He's always been on a one-track mission, and can't be described as remotely impartial or willing to consider any opinion which contradicts his very eccentric world-view.

Just so's we know...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
That's a good one.

I know, guess the truth hurts some people though.

Let me guess, you were born a few years ago huh?
Haven't quite seen the world, been exposed to its ways yet. I feel ya.

Umm....I am probably older than you.

I hope your beliefs hold up better than your deduction skills.

However, let me help you out.
I don't even know where to start actually as there is so much wrong with your statement.

Sorry, but I don't need your help nor did I ask for it.
Don't forget to add thats its your opinion only that anything is wrong.

The small minority you speak of happens to be a majority of Americans in this country. Have you checked the polls lately, Congress and the President's ratings our down below 30%. That doesn't sound like some liberal minority to me.

Umm.....Congressional polls has nothing to do with this topic regarding minorities. Again, you are using faulty logic.

East coast usa, let me guess you're a sheltered young boy from a rich family who was sent away to private school for his education...Right.

WRONG! Again you are incorrect. I hope your deduction powers increase.

Let me help you define liberal. Your usage seems to be quite skewed.

Again, I don't need your help nor did I ask for it. As for your definition, I think you found it on 'liberals R us' website.

You sir are advocating for blind faith in one's leaders, which happens to be neither democratic, nor free.

How am I advocating for blind faith in one's leaders? I have not said any such thing.

Our great country has downgraded into a hateful republic bent on world domination through economic superiority or military might.

Sorry, but your skewed beliefs are so off basis that it has blinded you from reality. World domination??
Now thats insane. But of course we want to have the best economy and military. DUH!

Your freedoms have been heavily restricted with the passage of the Patriot Act 1 and 2.

Really? Please tell me one freedom which you have been restricted from?

We cannot even choose our own President, the electoral college does that for us.

I guess you don't even know the purpose of the electoral college.

BTW biggie, your insight into America is small.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucky One
Hahahahaha! Lunacy conspiracy theories?!? The video I posted is fact, not theories!

Sure it is, sure it is.

I used to be a conservative right wing pro corporate nut like yourself. I woke up in the 80's and became disgusted after 9/11.

I am sorry to hear you have fallen so far.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ralph nader
reply to post by antar

Life changing Pictures. What a stunning and beautiful awakening.I'm ashamed of the image my government has planted in my mind.The evidence of mass mind control and subtle subliminal sugestions, has even become more clear now as I looked through your pictures.

But isn't it you that ultimately controls what you see and what you believe? Why blame that on the government? Oh, I see. You've been conditioned (no doubt in school) to think that way (blame everything on the government), too.

I wish every news cast tonight, would quietly run these pictures between their stories and wake the American people from their government induced hypnotic suggestion ...

So that it can be replaced with this form of hypnotically induced suggestion provided free of charge by your local iranian apologist and disinformation expert.

[edit on 11/5/2007 by centurion1211]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join