It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Iran: You decide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The only agenda I seek is to bring peace to the planet and to see the consciousness rise as I reach my enlightenment...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thanks for posting such fantastic and breath-taking pictures.

A couple of things struck me while viewing the slideshow. First was wonder, then dismay that because of the current and long-standing political situation I would never get to visit what seems to be a very beautiful and interesting country. That made me very sad.

Then, while reading the comments another thing struck me - How non-chalant people were about destroying things that weren't 'beautiful'. That made me even sadder.

You can find beauty in the ugliest of places, like the rainbow colors in a film of oil on some water and ugliness in the most beautiful of places, vapid beauty queens come to mind.

It is disturbing to think that for some people a line can be drawn that if you are not 'beautiful' enough you are worthy of annilhation. Even the OP commented to the fact that (correct me if I gathered this wrong) if they were a bunch of extremist savages then it would be ok to blast them out of existence.

Says a lot about human nature and how powerful perceptions can be. Obviously those in control of the media already know that this is the case in human nature and exploit it to the max when trying to get their way.

So top marks to the OP for the link and the interesting thread - God knows they have been few and far between here on ATS recently.

I would suggest sending this link to as many people as possible, judging from the positive reaction it generated it could only do some good. That and a few other photo slideshows of other countries being threatened with democracy could have an interesting effect.....!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
[sarcasm]
We all know that these must be pics of the U.S. Nothing can be that beautiful, unless it's American.

We all know that Iran is just a desert with nothing but shanties and caves with terrorist in hiding. And all those families are developing nuclear technology so that they can kill God-living Christian Americans.
[/sarcasm]

Very beautiful place. I hope that those places and Iran's people, as well as all people on Earth, will remain unscathed.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Yes; and then rainbows and magical fairy dust will sprinkle down on everyone and we can all hold hands and sing as one world.

Sure, it's a nice fairytale. A fairytale that your sarcasm does absolutely nothing for.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I picture dry desolate war torn cities, bodies strewn across the gutters bloody and dead, with dirty children running from their own soldiers ready to shoot them unnessarily.
connected than the dark forces would ever allow anyone to know.

And many of us were just pointing out that the picture in your mind (above) and thus the point of this post is inacurate since we've heard no one advocate invading iran like was done with iraq.

There would thus be no soldiers chasing down kids, or whatever - unless you count the iranian revolutionary guards chasing down women and kids who dress too western.
Must have accidentally omitted those pictures.

If (and it's a big if) there was any kind of attack on iran, it would be an attack on the military infrastructure and weapons - which would leave all your pretty places untouched (unless the iranians were to put their weapons there for propaganda purposes).

You want to view iran and the rest of the world through rose colored glasses, be my guest.

Just try not to forget that in the real world, beautiful roses also have nasty thorns.

[edit on 11/5/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I knew Iran was a beautiful country before I saw these - but not this beautiful!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by takeastepback

There is nothing wrong with pointing out all these pretty in pink images of Iran but you failed to notice the title of her post, the second half that said "you decide"

Decide what? I took it to mean that its interpretation was up to us so with all of the Anti-War rhetoric thats been going on, painting Iran as a peaceful and loving nation and the US as the "Great Satan", I took it to mean should we or shouldnt we attack Iran.

Veterans of this board know what happens when you ask an open ended question like that

[edit on 11/5/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by timeless test

another view of the US

That just screams peace loving democratic freedom spreaders to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

So, from your comments, I take it that you're all for preemptive strikes on Iran ... to purge them of all nuclear ambition?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

This thread and the OP was simple and sincere in the position we are so controlled by the ruling factions and have been for so long that we forget that this is 'our' planet.

You keep making political statements in your responses and then condemn those who answer likewise as if they are derailing your thread? How odd.

The Everglades are a beautiful place also. That does not make an Alligator or a Water Moccasin any less dangerous if they attack you. Likewise a Madman with a Nuclear Weapon is no less dangerous because he resides in a beautiful place.

The difference between the OLD Pictures you show of atrocities in the United States and the NEW Pictures of atrocities currently taking place in Iran should be clear to you. We have matured beyond that point and Iran has not. I recently viewed two women being stoned to death in a video smuggled out of Iran by a member of the Opposition. It was filmed a few months ago. I wish I could have obtained a copy and posted it to this thread. The crowd of people throwing the stones were laughing and having a good time. A beautiful scene in Iran. The womens crime? They were accused of cheating on their Husbands. The people throwing the stones? Ordinary passers-by joining in the fun for the joy of it.

Just like the Swamps of the Everglades, beautiful places don't always contain beauty and are not entirely without danger.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The only agenda I seek is to bring peace to the planet and to see the consciousness rise as I reach my enlightenment...

Funny. The "music" that plays when Windows starts up would be a great background for what you just wrote.

Seriously, and believe this or not, I used to think and write stuff like that many years ago when I was in school - before I had to worry about drug testing in order to get a job. Yes, reality bites sometimes.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
That just screams peace loving democratic freedom spreaders to me.

I guess you believe the skyline that changed in NYC is no big deal right? New York was so beautiful until some evil bastards destroyed it by collapsing the two tallest buildings. And lets not forget all the people killed from the collapsing towers and jumping to their death instead of getting burned alive.

Let me guess, its no big deal because America had it coming right?

[edit on 5-11-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Seriously, and believe this or not, I used to think and write stuff like that many years ago when I was in school - before I had to worry about drug testing in order to get a job. Yes, reality bites sometimes.

How true, how true. The line in my signature alludes to this somewhat. It's very easy to think that way if you're very well off or a college student. Otherwise, it just doesn't make REAL sense.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thanks for posting those. I'm ashamed about my ignorance. I had assumed that Iran was all desert and barren mountains.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

NYC is so beautiful.
Why did they attack such a beautiful city?
Everyone there is only trying to live in peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
I guess you believe the skyline that changed in NYC is no big deal right?

I guess you believe that because 9/11 happened that gives us an excuse to bomb any country we want to killing as many people as we want to, right?

New York was so beautiful until some evil bastards destroyed it

Evil bastards is right. I fear you don't know who exactly those evil bastards are, though. It seems to me you still have the FOX News sponsored view of 9/11.

Let me guess, its no big deal because America had it coming right?

Let me guess, its no big deal that the United States has an unconditional support of Israel who bombs its neighbors and steals others' land, while we bomb nations, invade nations, torture their people, trash their religion, cut off their food, oil, water, and other resources, stage coups, stage their elections, fund terrorist groups to create instability, steal their resources, steal their land, trash their culture, kill over half a million people and displace over a million people while polluting their air, water, and soil with the chemicals in our bombs and the depleted uranium in our weapons, right?

None of that matters because we stand for peace!! WE SPREAD DEMOCRACY!! We can do it because we said we can do it! Damn them for standing up for themselves and caring about living! Why should they be able to live? We're the only ones that can live! GO AMERICA!!!! WOOO!!!

The no respect I had for you from the start drops every time I read one of your posts. I can't imagine why any one would agree with your views. They're so distorted and pathetic it's unreal.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What is to be seen : common people do not want war, common Iranians do not want to kill anybody, same thing as common Americans or Israelis

But the leaders are always "smarter", and for the good of their people they will act. The leaders are a different species, they are totally separated from the people of a country

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thank you, Antar.

Those were absolutely beautiful. What do you know!! They have kids, roads, lines on the roads, boats, schools, beautiful places of worship, i'm astounded. I really needed to see these.

Thank you for the proof that these are ordinary people, not substandard human beings in caves and i appreciate the awakening.

Of course, you will NEVER see pictures like these on our American television.

Judging by some of the replies here though, because they TOO are dumbfounded, they accuse you of showing a few beautiful pictures and insinuating that you only care about beauty. I am sure Antar would feel exactly the same way if it were an UGLY place.
But its good to put propaganda into proper prespective.
Dont mess with the hand of God.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

You raise an interesting point. It is also a recurring theme here at ATS I have noticed lately. When talking about other countries such as Iran, we always here the mantra, "the majority of people there don't want war". Usually there is very little if any rebuttal to this as it's an obvious truth. However, when people here talk about Americans, they always assume that every single one of us is rooting for war. Never have I read here at ATS about how the majority of Americans DON'T want war, unless it's coming from an American citizen.

So how is it that all of these people who DON'T live in Iran or Iraq, can speak for the people not wanting war, and no one questions it; but yet everyone is qualified to say that all Americans DO want war?

Seems a bit odd to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

There would thus be no soldiers chasing down kids, or whatever - unless you count the iranian revolutionary guards chasing down women and kids who dress too western. Must have accidentally omitted those pictures.

www.pulpmovies.com...

Or other LIVE public hangings:
www.flickr.com...@N05/1248961167/

I think id be a little more concerned with the treatment of their own people by their leaders ....then the lovely landscape that alarmists say we are out to destroy.

www.iranpressnews.com...

Stoning verdict for a woman in Mashhad

Qods newspaper: A woman in Mashhad has been sentenced to stoning for having sex outside marriage. The man involved in this relationship has been sentenced to 100 lashes.

ISNA news agency: The Iranian justice cut off 4 individuals’ hands in Mashhad. They have been charged to rubbery.

Mashhad’s deputy of magistrate announced this news. Mr. Peyman Rad told media 4 thieves well known to judiciary system and charged several times to theft, finally have been sentenced to hand cut and yesterday the decision has been executed.

Jail and lashes sentences for the persons who do not do Ramadan

Irna: The Iranian fanatic regime sentences jail and lashes for the person who does not respect Ramadan and eat or drink in the public or even private places.

Said Keshvari Baghan, one of the Iranian judicial authority told media it would not be necessary such persons to be seen at public places.

He told Basij and Police officers are the main sources who can arrest a person that does not respect Ramadan.

He added: "If they find somebody who eats or drinks, even in a private place, they are allowed to arrest him or her. The individual will be sentenced 10 to 60 days jail and 74 lashes".

Honestly, knowing how they treat their own people...I could care less about the landscape

[edit on 5-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join