It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Particular Conspiracy Theory Got You HOOKED??? And Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Simius, I guess it was probably the whole Nicean Council thing that got me interested. Although, I have to admit that I have been interested in the paranormal, spiritual, conspiracy theories and UFOs for so long that I can't really remember what got me interested with any degree of certainty.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The Council of nicea
they had no idea

of what harm they would cause
the bloodshed and the loss

fabricating history
while covering up the mystery

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Maybe they didn't, but they should have. Anytime you conceal and obfuscate, you are going to cause problems.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. I have always been one to speak truth to power and question authority, though I am never disrespectful or violent. I want to say so much more but I will limit it to a few comments.

1. As the poster above stated, the first time I ever received "official" payment for a job I went into orbit. The amount the government took was an outrage. I have been working since I was thirteen (off the books) and, ever since I was of legal age, I have saved every pay stub. I intend to collect the money owed to me if (when) social security goes under. Tons of lawyers in my family, it will cost me very little and I do not intend to give up.

2. When I was in college I intended to major in marketing. It took me exactly three classes to realize that marketing is some diabolical crap. The very essence of it is to exploit the vanities, frailties and dark side of human nature. I got out very quickly and majored in something else. Mainstream media has usurped marketing and also seeks to capitalize on our macabre and voyeuristic tendencies. Input/output.

3. I have worked for low levels of government and personally witnessed cover-ups related to nothing of any real consequence - so I extrapolated. Just what would government (at all levels) be willing to do when the matter was of great urgency, great importance or would cost the government credibility or money? Conclusion: there is nothing they would NOT do.

4. I have a very close relation that has been manipulated, harassed and intimidated by the government. Their right to vote or possess a weapon was taken away even though they served their time (and their government) and paid their (so-called) debt to society (Three months in a half way house and six months probation -
My, they must have been very dangerous, no?). Believe me when I say, they need a weapon. Have weapon - get arrested. Don't have weapon - get killed. Either way, the government wins.

So yes, I doubt, I speak truth to power, I question. But most importantly - I try to educate others and drive change while I peacefully live my own life.

[edit on 8/11/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
kosmickjack is back
and shows no lack
of bringing on the flak
but gotta watch your back
coz when you have a knack
for the facts you´ll be under attack.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The CT that really grabbed my attention was the MK Ultra/CIA mind control experiments on unsuspecting citizens. On this one the rabbit hole is very deep and dangerous the more you investigate. Even researching on the www. can lead to some personal high strangeness.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
For me it would be Philadelphia Experiment, Denver International Airport conspiracy & civilian concentration camps that got me hooked. I have always been interested in conspiracies and such, but the 2 stated above are the ones that made me dive deep. The the about conspiracies is that they are kinda like myths, they both have that sliver (some slivers larger than others) of truth that makes you look harder and want to believe. On the other hand I would say the JFK conspiracy is the most boring conspiracy out there. Not saying it's not valid, just saying I think it is a boring conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I've always been interested in conspiracies. I am a hopelessly addicted link clicker/follower. That was how I first really developed my interest.

I was reding something years ago and there happened to be some random comment about Bohemian Grove. I had never heard of that before, but the word had been hyperlinked to some site that had an essay or article about it. That really intrigued me and there were tons of links to chase in that article. So, I started clicking and chasing links that had names or titles that I didn't recognize. I spent months doing that and just learning bare basics, but my interest was caught and I have remained curious and always looking to learn more.

Then, with the release of the film remake of "The Manchurian Candidate" I wondered if there was any truth behind the book that it was based on, so I started looking and chasing links again.

Eventually, just recently, I came across ATS and lurked for a while before joining. There is so much wonderful and interesting information here that I can read for hours and not even realize how much time I have spent.

Take care,
Cindi

top topics

<< 1   >>

join