It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'reilly is trying to destroy democracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
.....not that democracy currently exists, but this is a piss-off

What is wrong with this idiot? He is a fascist, he always promotes the taking away of the people's voice.

This is horrible and it needs to stop, he attacks political websites, attacked o'donnell so much only to make an example out of her.

I truly hate this man, HE NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!

He will promote the dismantly or privatization of the internet
Lessen the power to the people
badmouth the concept of free speech

will all the propoganda on TV, someone like O'donell was desperately needed to balance this BS out.

And LOOK AT THISSSSSSSSS

Why is this man on TV?

[edit on 1-11-2007 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The rest of the world has understood that you cannot protect yourself from bad things happening, but the US looks to prove everybody wrong by putting everybody under surveillance. The solution is to guard EVERYBODY. Now, why hasnt the rest of the world thought of that... whats wrong with being watched and controlled all the time? Do you have something to hide? Well, do you, punk?

I dont think they will stop until you need a security classification to exit your apartment and go to work. I mean, GOD, what if you get harmed at work? One of YOUR coworkers could be crazy! And what if someone shoots you on your way to work! OMG...!

Silly man. And oh, he is on TV because he shares the views of the world with Murdoch who owns the network.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Did she say that Liberals follow Ron Paul?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What did he say that was wrong? Please do tell. Do you condone the actions of people such as the woman with the red # on her hands walking up to officials and placing their hands on them? I certainly don't.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here's my take,

Video 1,

Discussion about fringe groups, both sides represented, O'Reilly leans towards the right. He has a problem with 9/11 conspiracy, doesn't like far left websites, has concerns with the recent disruptive events ie. the Truther heckling Maher, and another heckling former President Clinton.
another incident involving the Secretary of State. Also he tries to link these types of acts to celebrities Rosie and the websites.

I agree that the heckling, and Rice incidents are way beyond free speech, this is not the way to get your message across. It might be the easiest way to make the headlines but does nothing to further their views, it actually drives people away.

As far as trying to tie this to Rosie, I think that is a connection that does not exist.

We have plenty of people here on ATS who are into the 9/11 conspiracy, but those members are not inclusive in a single conspiracy angle.

There are numerous different theories and approaches many that to me bear serious consideration.

Myself, I believe without a doubt that Flight 93 was shot down, following the events that day in real time I felt that on 9/11 and still do. Am I going to debate it or try and make someone else believe my conviction? No, each of us have the freedom to make that decision on our own.

The problem with the 9/11 conspiracy movement is that it is being all lumped into one single LOONY category which is an error in reporting but would you expect anything more from the MSM?

I have a serious problem with that issue but I do not get steamed by watching O'Reilly to the extent of labeling him as a fascist. His show is just one of many sources of information that I use each day to form my own opinion on world events.

He does not threaten me.

Video2,

This was an obvious attempt to spin simple questions into an anti-war segment. You are asked a simple question, you should give a directed answer to the question. The retired Colonel twisted her answer to promote her political agenda so the interview went nowhere.
This video didn't prove anything sinister is happening on the O'Reilly factor.

It is up to you to absorb what is happening and form your opinions after gathering as many points of view as you possibly can.

We do that here daily, one side's view is seldom right, it is more of a blending of ideas that get you closer to the truth.

This approach works for me.

Thanks for putting up the videos

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What is wrong with this idiot? He is a fascist, he always promotes the taking away of the people's voice.

This is horrible and it needs to stop, he attacks political websites, attacked o'donnell so much only to make an example out of her.

I truly hate this man, HE NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!

He will promote the dismantly or privatization of the internet
Lessen the power to the people
badmouth the concept of free speech

will all the propoganda on TV, someone like O'donell was desperately needed to balance this BS out.

I'm confused. What the heck are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for you to tell me what he said that was wrong Academia...
Speak up any time now. I am waiting in rabid anticipation.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
What did he say that was wrong? Please do tell. Do you condone the actions of people such as the woman with the red # on her hands walking up to officials and placing their hands on them? I certainly don't.

Do I have to condone her actions to say that O'reilly is a propogandist?
Of course she should not have done that, it was stupid on her part, she could get in big trouble for that.... end of story

It was wrong, that should have been the end of O'reilly's comment.

Tying it in with O'donnell? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

What did O'donnell do? She didn't say america was behind 9/11, she just said it would have been the first time jet fuel melted metal, that's all.

Ever since she said that on the View Fox News has been up her ass like a dirty thong.

If O'reilly is allowed to make the most neo-conservativest remarks on Fox News than why can O'Donnell say what she has to say?

Jet Fuel cannot melt metal, daytime TV watchers who watch the view probably never even heard of that concept before, that's why Fox News is persecuting her so much.

Than he talks about political websites, this is not the first time he has attacked political websites, he called DailyKos a NAZI website with Nazi members.

He oppresses public opinion, he oppresses anything with a voice that such a large portion of america hears which his agenda doesn't agree with.

And if O'reilly is allowed free speech than how come nobody else is?
How come his guests always are told get their mics cut off when they want to express their opinion?

He once said if you don't agree with what american troops are doing than you should just SHUT UP, that's what he said, all of ATS SHOULD JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!

It almost seems like he is preparing america for the privitization of the internet.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm not going to sit here and say that I agree with everything O'Reilly says... because I don't. However, more often than not, he is right.. People despise him for it. He states what many others think but don't have the guts to voice. As far as O'Donnell goes, I never listen to the woman,so, I couldn't tell you if it's interrelated or not.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I'm not going to sit here and say that I agree with everything O'Reilly says... because I don't. However, more often than not, he is right.. People despise him for it. He states what many others think but don't have the guts to voice. As far as O'Donnell goes, I never listen to the woman,so, I couldn't tell you if it's interrelated or not.

How is he right, plz explain what is right about what he said?
Nothing he said was right, your username surprises me... no offense

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well, firstly, he is right in saying that "rabble rousers are going to cause violence." If you don't think it'll happen, hide and watch. On the second video, the reason why the woman got the treatment that she got was that there was not a direct answer that exited her mouth. She just wanted to downgrade and blame her own country for something that we weren't even involved in. If you can't see that, then you really are blinded by your ideology.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I agree with you. I dont always agree with O'Reilly. However, he says what many wont say. He kind of just lays it all out there for you to take it or leave it. Too many people pu$$yfoot around issues - he doesnt.

I REALLY like that he is so passionate about children - especially when it involves pedophiles and crooked judges who let pedophiles off. I have never seen anyone in the public that is such an advocate of this - like he is.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I agree with you. I dont always agree with O'Reilly. However, he says what many wont say. He kind of just lays it all out there for you to take it or leave it. Too many people pu$$yfoot around issues - he doesnt.

Too bad he doesnt let anyone else say what they want to say. He cant cover any story where he disagrees without throwing a fit. He is a loud mouth rude arrogant soab.

I cant stand him myself.

And SpeakerofTruth, you think you will get a less violent society by trying to shut up opinions? Good luck with that... anyone can see that if you dont listen to someone, he will eventually have to act out to get people to listen. Why not listen to people instead of trying to push them down? It wont work.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I agree with O'Reilly's observations, but as with many things, I disagree with his conclusions to a point.

What is ironic about the OPs point is that while he castigates O'Reilly for wanting to hold certain people responsible for their inflammatory rhetoric, he calls O'Reilly a fascist, which he is not, and wants him stopped, whatever that is.

Anyone who watches O'Reilly regularly and I do watch at least a few segments of his show almost every day, you have to know that O'Reilly is more libertarian than almost anyone on the tube.

O'Reilly's views on the internet are not consistent with my line of thinking, however, his observations about the internet are valid, in fact, more than valid, their pretty much dead on.

Where I disagree is that the internet is like life itself and that free access to the internet is a bad idea for kids. But, that's the way it is with life. Kids don't belong in every venue out there and we have laws to support that view.

O'Reilly is a commentator and not king of America.

He's not even a legislator.

Almost everyone from the White House to the Congress, all the way down to the state legislatures support a free (which is to say, a largely unregulated) internet, especially in matters of commerce.

Watch O'Reilly regularly without bias and you will note that while his own views are sometimes a little extreme, he balances out those views with other opinions and he's gotten better about it over the years.

It always amuses me his detractors are almost always more extreme than O'Reilly has ever been.

[edit on 2007/11/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I do agree with you to a point. He does tend to run the show...however, it is his show.

Many times I turn the channel when he is doing this "thing" LOL But many times I watch too, because he can make some people squirm and I like that. LOL

I love it when him and Heraldo go at it

My husband cant stand him....and is always yelling at the TV - SHUT UP and let them speak!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Grady, well said... Is the man extreme? Probably. However, at least he does give those who disagree with him an opportunity to speak, even if it is a half assed one..

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
First off, that Kirsten Powers chick is smokin'. Second, I say to Bill O'Reilly, take on Mark Cuban if you wish, but I wouldn't recommend it. Cuban has absolutely nothing to lose by you taking him on. What, are people going to stop attending Mavericks games or something? Cuban's got zillions and you would be nothing more than a slight nuisance to him you retard!

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I like Mark Cuban. Is he over the top? Yes... However, that is what makes him so interesting... I really didn't have any idea that he was coming out with a video; I just hope it's not more BS, like some of the videos that are making some the same claims are.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I am almost certain that Cuban has been on O'Reilly.

He most certainly has an open invitation to his show, which all of his detractors do.

Many, however, won't do it, though and that's their choice.

No one has to answer to Bill O'Reilly, nor should they feel that they have to.

www.google.com...

[edit on 2007/11/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Jet Fuel cannot melt metal, daytime TV watchers who watch the view probably never even heard of that concept before, that's why Fox News is persecuting her so much.

Whether or not it can is irrelevant.

Note: You don't need to melt steel to make it collapse.

And if O'reilly is allowed free speech than how come nobody else is?
How come his guests always are told get their mics cut off when they want to express their opinion?

It's his show?

He once said if you don't agree with what american troops are doing than you should just SHUT UP, that's what he said, all of ATS SHOULD JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!

Yeah, I don't like him.

It almost seems like he is preparing america for the privitization of the internet.

It's already privately owned for the most part.

Then again, you can't even spell "privatization"...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join