It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'reilly is trying to destroy democracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Be aftraid Bill, be very afraid. Bill fears what he doesn't understand. This "fringe" movement, as he puts it, is not so fringe. These people are starting to put their necks out, and put the a$$es on the line, to get their voices heard, because people like Bill will not allow them the time of day, nor will they look at their facts without bias. There is real evidence to suggest some kind of 9/11 conspiracy, thermate deposits for instance, yet these people are wackos and fools. This guy is losing his mind and his own credibility by attacking people who seek naught but the truth. I'm guessing he will destroy himself before anyone has to destroy him.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, firstly, he is right in saying that "rabble rousers are going to cause violence." If you don't think it'll happen, hide and watch.

In the state of the U.S. I think this may be our last resort to bring about a change in course for this country. We cannot continue our global conquest of this earth. Other countries will not stand for it and Americans are getting fed up. Since the only thing that is able to capture peoples interest anaymore is what's put on television, then maybe that's the only way that we are going to reach people.

Maybe what Washington needs is a good old fashion ass kicking.

And I'm not afraid to say it.

You want to sit there and say that "rabble rousers are going to cause violence", when half way around the world we have Shia's and Sunni's battling each other because money hungry corporate America had to stick it's nose where it didn't belong?

To hell with that. We need a good old dose of violence if that's what it's going to take to change the course of the country. I pray for an alternative means, but if something doesn't happen soon, it's going to be the only alternative left.

LS

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
billy is a bore. he thinks he is witty but he is trite. i still cannot believe so many automatons follow and/or watch him. he claims to be a conservative; he is what is wrong with today's conservatism.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
Ok, let's look at that title for a moment. Destroy democracy....it really takes a lot to destroy a whole belief system and political institution. I think you give Bill way too much credit. You really think he has that kind of power?

Ever heard of he who controls what you read controls how you think?
Ever hear of suggestive thinking?

Everytime someone on fox news says something that they don't agree with they are the ONLY news network that makes all these funny faces... like "WHATT???? HAHHAA...WHAT, ARE U SERIOUS?"

Same tactics used by the bush administration, you say something and they act like what you are saying is completely ridiculous, I challenge you to find me another news network on TV with that many facial expressions.

Suggestive thinking bro, you will think based on what you read, or here see.

And let's analyze your title a little further....here is the definition of democracy:

de·moc·ra·cy /dɪˈmɒkrəsi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-mok-ruh-see] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -cies. 1. government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
Look at #3 of that definition.

No let's not look at #3, how about you look at number one.
The people have a right to speak!
Taking their voice away is anti-democratic.

The constitution is a document that upholds the equality of rights and privileges and I seem to remember a little something in that document that mentions freedom of speech or something silly like that. You want Bill taken off of the air because you don't agree with what he has to say. Doesn't that interfere with his freedom of speech? Doesn't he have the right to say what he feels? Or does that only apply to people that agree with you?

You are right........ in a short-sighted manner.
Can you with confidence say they are Fair and Balanced?
Cuz they sure do promote that motto, is it a fair and balanced motto?

You speak of the constitution, but Bill supports every anti-constitutional occurence that Bush has made.

They advertise themselves as new reporters when they are really just commentators.

It's one thing to make an opinionated blog-like news commentary show and portray it as reporting the news and avoiding any news that makes Bush look bad at all costs versus just really reporting the news and letting the people know what they need to know and really being fair and democratic.

Plus the liberal they got on Fox is an idiot on purpose!

Bill is not a conservative, he is a neo-con, or at least works for them.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
number one reason why everyone on ATS should not like this man... Watch the last 40 seconds of the first vid...not only does he say that everyone should condem us evil bad truthers...but we should be "reined in" by the authorities....ok im sorry but...that means that basically the majority of ATS...or just all the truthers should be taken into custody....F*ck that....So whats his opinion on CTers in general...i mean heck, if the truthers should be reined in all of ats should...isnt it a CT website

I guess not completely CT, but the title of the website would make one think...

[edit on 2-11-2007 by SilentBob86]

[edit on 2-11-2007 by SilentBob86]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You have to be a member before you can even read their stuff, madness... I think that speaks volumes in and of itself.

...no you don't
i'm reading the stuff without being a member.

i have no idea where you're getting that from.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
You want to sit there and say that "rabble rousers are going to cause violence", when half way around the world we have Shia's and Sunni's battling each other because money hungry corporate America had to stick it's nose where it didn't belong?

I suggest you pick up a history book. Those people were killing one another long before the U.S ever got involved or even existed.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
...no you don't
i'm reading the stuff without being a member.

i have no idea where you're getting that from.

Uh, when I clicked on your link, it asked for an idea and password.... I am always a bit skeptical of a news source that does that... I'm skeptical of the LA TIMES and New York Post as well because of that..

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

no, it didn't. you're either making this up or misinterpreting a pop-up that asks you if you'd like to join... something you can close

i think it's the latter

again, go to mediamatters and you can see everything o'reilly does. i'm not a member, i have no password (nor does it ask me for one) and i read everything on the site just fine

the dirt on o'reilly

click the link, if it asks you for a password post a screenshot of it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join