It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEEDED: everyones theories, beliefs, facts on the bible...post here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

Right on man, I didnt read your post until after i wrote my other post. I Totally agree with your logic. Vipassana, the name says it all. I also meditate and practice basic Yoga, and Im fascinated with Kriya Yoga, which i soon plan to be initiated into. God is within. The bible is not the only book out there. Ive read all the holy books i can get my hands on so far. The Bhagavad Gita is a book that holds a fond place in my heart. I could read it a million times and still get something new out of it. If your dissilussioned with christianity then expand on your spiritual knowledge. Meditation and self-discovery is the #1best way to accomplish this. Books and knowledge are good if you have good discernment, otherwise they can confuse. Persevere, and never give up, and you will find God.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gravytrain

Those are some great readings, they can offer powerful insight into your life. But as you said, there comes a point where you have to take all the external information whether it be from preachers or books, and take it inside and figure things out for yourself.

Meditation is nothing less than wonderful. If practiced with dedication, it can enrich your life and empower you like you would never believe. Since I began, the world has become a beautiful playground, with surprises and wonders around every corner. In fact it was so profound of a change that I can never go back, I will meditate until I die.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I get by the topic title all views are acceptable.
Therefor as an atheist/agnostic (I dont know which it is and I prefer not to be labeled).
I think you should watch Zeitgeist Part 1
Regardless of the controversial nature of the video Part 1 is worth watching because if its all accurate information then it gives reasonable doubt for religions and their stories.

Google Video Link

If the embedded doesnt show:
Heres the direct link
video.google.co.uk...

[edit on 31/10/07 by eagle32]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
How about 10+MB about the Bible and related matters:

novalight.org...

Make sure you have a DSL or other high-speed Internet connection - or you'll be waiting 'til the cows come home for the site to finish loading!

If you want a Preview, you can go here:

sol-godsend.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Boy what a load of toxic advice is being spewed here. We've got the anti-semites repeating proven Hitlerite doctrines, discredited gurus who were famous for sleeping with their disciples and atheist devils trying to make a buck on 'disproving' Jesus. It's really sad to see. If anything you need to look at the prophetic track record of the Bible. It is unmatched.

Daniel predicted the exact configuration of world powers from his day until the present. Isaiah predicted the mission of Christ, and how he'd be received in Isaiah 53, and Ezekiel predicted the rebirth of Israel. All have come true. Even Revelations and the mark of the beast is coming true right before your eyes with the advent of bio-chip implants. Ignore the truth of the Bible at your peril.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by time4chg07

Also anyone have thoughts on this link?

Nobeliefs.com

if you go to the link the dark bible, you will find some interesting points.

Where is the link? URL?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
SevenThunders:

So far, so good!

Care to elaborate just a little?

Like, what do you make of all those CUI 'Christians' who are in bed with (you can substitute 'sing from the same hymn sheet', if you prefer) Zionists and Jews who deny the Deity of Jesus the Christ? You know, the same folks who practice genocide of the Palestinians, develop nukes on the sly, practice apartheid (Israeli Arabs), bulldoze peace protesters, 'milk' the stupefied Germans for millions via the 'Holocaust Industry', attack America (USS Liberty, 9/11, JFK, etc.) and have Deception as their motto (Mossad). Remember that Satan is also known as 'The Great Deceiver' and 'god of this world'?

And what do you make of the Pope - in all his fancy threads, surrounded by opulence, billions in Real Estate, 'vice' industry profits and a ton of pedophile priests? Reminds you of Jesus, doesn't he? ("A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecute Me they will also persecute you") - know any TV Evangelist millionaires who are persecuted for His Name's sake?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by THEGodSend

No one said the government of Israel would be righteous. Indeed the government is run by the same devils that run our government. Even Ezekiel hinted in his prophecy that Israel would be reborn in unbelief. Nevertheless it is impossible to deny the hand of God in the reestablishment of Israel. Some of the battles against overwhelming odds gave a miraculous victory to the Israeli army.

Thus I support the state of Israel without necessarily supporting their government. I know that the Jew is hostile to Christ, but that too is as the Bible said it would be. Nevertheless the Jews are blessed and we should have the attitude Paul the apostle had towards our Jewish brothers,

25For (AL)I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this (AM)mystery--so that you will not be (AN)wise in your own estimation--that a partial (AO)hardening has happened to Israel until the (AP)fullness of the Gentiles has come in;

26and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,
"(AQ)THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION,
HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."
27"(AR)THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM,
(AS)WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS."

28From the standpoint of the gospel they are (AT)enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God's choice they are beloved for (AU)the sake of the fathers;

All christian anti-semites should probably read and reread Romans chapter 11 every day. Moreover they throw away one of the greatest christian apologetics of the modern era, the rebirth of Israel.

As for the pope, he is the head of pagan cult that is likely to metastasized in it's final form into the whore of Babylon. So I think the pope, along with 95% of the televangelists and 95% of the mega church leaders are in it for the love of money and the things of this world. This is not new either. They will receive their 'reward' in due time. If we just put our eyes on Jesus, we will see them simply as distractions and nothing more.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
We've got the anti-semites repeating proven Hitlerite doctrines,

Daniel predicted the exact configuration of world powers from his day until the present. Isaiah predicted the mission of Christ, and how he'd be received in Isaiah 53, and Ezekiel predicted the rebirth of Israel. All have come true. Even Revelations and the mark of the beast is coming true right before your eyes with the advent of bio-chip implants. Ignore the truth of the Bible at your peril.

Here is why I am not Anti-Semitic but Pro-Semitic. Here is why I am against Political Zionism. And here is why I am a Christian Zionist:

www.rense.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Ahh yes the Khazarian myth. This has been used as a reason to hate Israel for quite some time. So now the Khazars who converted to Judaism are evil? Which race is it that is preferred? At least your article recognizes that the rebirth of Israel is foreordained by God in fulfillment of prophecy. So we have some common ground.

The fact is that genetic tests have shown that most of the Ashkenazim are closely related to the Sephardic jews. There are a few khazars mixed in as well. What this analysis fails to realize is that a lot of Jews lived in khazar and were responsible in part for their conversion.

But getting back to your point. It so happens that the vast majority of the current population of Palestinians are in fact immigrants who came to Israel over the years for the economic opportunities from the surrounding Arab countries. So in fact they were not the original inhabitants. As for the original inhabitants of Samaria (the West bank), genetic testing suggests they are in fact Jews! They are the remnant that were not scattered by the Roman diaspora.

Maybe that explains why the Palestinians are in fact so hated by the surrounding Arab states (something that is not often discussed in these heated debates). Perhaps by the grace of God there will be a mass conversion of these poor souls who were forced to convert to the death cult of Islam many centuries ago.

Thought I'd provide a link with regards to Israelite genetics. It highlights some of my points.
www.khazaria.com...

[edit on 31-10-2007 by SevenThunders]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by time4chg07
Basically, what im trying to do. is gather all the information I can on the bible and Christianity and everyone’s thoughts and beliefs on it.

That's good, because there's not nearly enough crap on the Internet about the Bible. Accessing the Internet, you'd never know the Bible even existed!

(Now, where's that sarcasm smiley?)

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It is ESSENTIAL to distinguish between Zionists and Jews. Zionists want to blur that distinction and pass themselves off as Jews. Their actions tell the tale. Their motto (Deception) tells the same tale. The servile Jews (in Israel and elsewhere) who blindly follow their leaders or stick their heads in the sand to avoid SEEing the Evil perpetrated by their leaders are committing the same mistakes as the Germans under the Nazi regime. They are without excuse.

The 'rebirth' of Israel is NOT God's doing - it's the Devil's doing. Study JewsAgainstZionism.com and read what the Jewish sages and rabbis had to say about Israel and Zionism - they equated (and equate) Zionism with Nazism! There is a post on my Blog about one of those anti-Zionist rabbis.

Read Alan Hart's book: "Zionism: The Real Enemy of the Jews".

There is NO excuse for anti-Semitism.

There are MANY excellent reasons for anti-Zionism! (Satanism)

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Here is a simple definition of zionism from wikipedia.

Zionism is an international political movement that supports a homeland for the Jewish People in the Land of Israel.

So it's demonic to want a homeland for Jews in Israel? I'd say it's exactly what the Bible predicts for the Jewish people, a homeland in Israel. I could probably cite a hundred scriptures to support it.

I don't know where you get your confusion, but I suspect it comes from the forged anti-semitic Hitlerite doctrines such as the protocols of zion, a known forgery I might add.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Boy what a load of toxic advice is being spewed here.

What about your advice? Listen to nothing but my book, wait for Christ and he‘ll do everything someday. Sounds like a conspiracy to make you complacent to me, no offence.

We've got the anti-semites repeating proven Hitlerite doctrines, discredited gurus who were famous for sleeping with their disciples and

Open the mind kimosabe. You wouldn’t want someone pointing fingers at bad Christians. Every religion is imperfect for a world view because a world view is still new, and even absent in the minds of many. Religions are cultural entities. They are bound to fail in the future, it just so happens the bible seems to know a lot about all that. It was designed to be a religion fit for all and there is an awful lot of good metaphoric logic mixed in with historical events and religious philosophy. It is a tool to unite people under the philosophy. Maybe they did know what’s going to happen? Who knows what’s real, it was written by and followed by much of the same crew that wrote history.

atheist devils trying to make a buck on 'disproving' Jesus.

Donation anyone? Did you know nonprofit organizations don’t have to disclose political endorsements?

If anything you need to look at the prophetic track record of the Bible. It is unmatched.

Nostradamus. That’s one person, not even a collection of persons.

Prophesies tend to be very vague for a reason. These are prophesies that have been rewritten/rearranged according to current understanding more than once. It’s not exactly a rough draft, who has the right to chose what words to put in and what words to leave out? I’m not saying there isn’t knowledge in there, I’m just saying you shouldn’t limit your mind because some 2000year old empire tells you too. We did away with empires some time ago. History has a tendency to repeat itself and many a prophet have benefited from this. Plus men write history however they want it to be heard. Many religions are really old history that has been through some very manipulative times. Who knows what’s what. I wouldn’t cling to one book, it is limiting.

Ignore the truth of the Bible at your peril.

“Fear is the mind killer” and a very good one at that. I don’t completely deny God, just religion. Blind faith in men can be very dangerous.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by captainplanet

Well it comes back to the original topic of the thread then doesn't it. Either it's true or it isn't either the Bible is the revealed word of God or it's just a bunch of fairy tales. If you believe that the Bible is the word of God, then everything I've said follows naturally from that belief.

If you think the Bible is just a bunch of fairy tales, then I'd recommend scientific atheism. Because you will surely find a lot of contradictory fairy tales in the other world religions. I suppose then you could worship the DNA, since it's a miracle that there exists an almost computer like complex code that dictates the form of every living being on this planet.

However as I've said, I think the preponderance of evidence supports the Bible as being God's revealed Word. In the final analysis you will have to decide for yourself. It's just the fate of your eternal soul that hangs on your decision. No cause for alarm.......

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

So now the Khazars who converted to Judaism are evil?

www.khazaria.com...

[edit on 31-10-2007 by SevenThunders]

I never implied that Ashkenazim are evil. I was simply saying that as a pro-Semitic person (but not an anti-Ashkenazim person), Semitic Jews are the ones who should righly claim Israel as their homeland. If one looks at the State of Israel, Semitic Jews do not have control of their land. The Lord Jesus Christ was a Semitic Jew, not an Ashkenazi.
However, as a Christian, my belief is that ultimately, both the Semitic Jews as well as Ashkenazim Jews ("Khazarian" Jews), as well as the whole world, will recognize the Lordship of Jesus Christ from Israel upon the Millenial Reign.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
SevenThunders:

Wikipedia is NOT an authority on the definition of Zionism (they have Zionist ownership/control).

Make an effort to educate yourself about Zionism - read the comments I referred you to on the JewsAgainstZionism.com website (made by wise rabbis and 'True Torah' Jews from the time the Zionist movement first started). Their explanations are biblical (OT or Torah).

In a larger sense, it is, of course, true that the creation of Israel was allowed to take place by God's 'permissive will' (even though it was 'against His will). That may sound contradictory but it isn't. God allows things to happen that are against His will all the time. There is a prophecy in Ezekiel 22:20 about His melting of the 'rebellious house of Israel'. That promise will be fulfilled and in order for it to be fulfilled, the members of the 'rebellious house of Israel' had to be gathered in God's furnace. Israel is God's furnace and that's where the melting will take place. How? It could be a Russian nuke, it could be an Israeli nuke (sabotage or accident) or it will more likely be a comet (coma). It's happened before in that region of the ME. Comets have recurring orbits. We shall SEE!

If you live long enough, you too will SEE! it happen (if you happen to be in Israel at the time, you'll also get to experience it and SEE! it up close and personal).

Finally, there is no question that Israel is a Rogue State - led by satanic Zionists. They commit all sorts of Evil (just like the anti-Zionist rabbis predicted!), too numerous to mention here. When God's Judgment comes (not that far away), there will be lots of 'collateral damage'. Furthermore, Jews everywhere had better resist and eradicate Zionism soon because if they don't, the real Holocaust will arrive. (SEE! my website for details). The 1st 'Holocaust' was a fabrication (the number of victims and other details) by Zionism. Ernst Zundel is 'right' on the money! And Finkelstein is right on the money as well - the WWII 'Holocaust' has become a Zionist (and Jewish) money-making industry.

"You will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free".

[edit on 1-11-2007 by THEGodSend]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
CaptainPlanet:

You are barking up the wrong tree with your 'rational' approach to the Bible. Go to my website (novalight.org...) and click on the link: 'What is this website about'. Near the beginning of that page, you will SEE! a quotation from T. Austin-Sparks. It explains how reason MUST follow spiritual awakening (a gift from God!) before God's Word can be understood. Theologians with a string of degrees are just dabbling in the dark without God's gift of spiritual awakening.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I agree, but who says you need the bible for a spiritual awakening? The pope? Do you know why you need spiritual understanding? Because it is purely a spiritual message, it requires no written words. If you use reason without a spiritual awakening you will end up like Hitler. You need to respect and acknowledge everyone as your brother. Religion is from a world divided by much more space and time than it is today.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

It's just the fate of your eternal soul that hangs on your decision. No cause for alarm.......
-SevenThunders

What are you apply for a job at Fox News? That’s fear, it’s mind control, it has brought many people to their knees. Why do they let it? Go burn some bush and re-think it, God(logic) will show you.

God striking us down just means we are supposed to listen to him, he is pure. Everyone knows right and wrong, at least they did when they were born. Meditation is great for your mind, but it has nothing to do with God. There are other options. Read everything and come to your own conclusion, that is how you find God.

As far as worshiping DNA….ethics, science, and law are the modern religion. Worship life and the uniting of it, it‘s the founder of all religions. There are just a lot more people talking at once now. If people put as much effort into science and ethics as they did God, we’d be in a utopia. Someone wants to prevent that. Read my thread on god it’s actually not bad if you pay attention, it‘s not a religion it's just an agreeable explanation. God is really just science. Everyone has morality, some just chose to ignore it and when you are trying to control people it helps if you tell them their morals.

These prophesies wouldn’t come true if we didn’t make them happen. It is a very old and slow plan. Hopefully enough people wake up before we start throwing nukes around. You can all help by being truthful and tolerant, people are not so different. They all want the same things, and a few years of devoted science and humanitarianism instead of military action could easily bring them.

It’s all just so pointless. Where does it lead? To the apocalypse? Who the hell wants to go there? Drop knowledge not bombs. Intolerance would be intolerable in a perfect world. Why do we let them keep the world imperfect? It’s a far way off but it needs to start somewhere.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join