It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Phone Has Been Tapped

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
DoD

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

My phone sound as if it has been tapped i hear mysterious clicks every 30secs or so please can anyone help

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nope, sry mate ur a$$ is now owned by the US Government.

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by ShinobiAurora]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You really think phone tap make clicks?

Sorry mate, that just either a phone going bad or something on the end of the phone company. You can't hear a tap, at least not a good one, so unless some kids or a hack amatuer spy are tapping your lines i wouldn't worry about it.

I find it odd that people think they would even know they were being spied on. If you are being spied on by anyone worth a damn you wouldn't know.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You dont even have to be using your phone for them to be able to liston in on you.

They just use your phone like a bug and you will never know it

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If your phone was really tapped, there would be no way you could tell (by hearing, anyway). How exactly does recording the telephone signal (a relatively simple task) make clicking sounds in your phone?

[Edit: I really should read before I post. What I said was pretty much already said.
]

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by LoganCale]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The most commonly encountered easily audible clue would be you noticing the echo effect on your line. This would only occur if a pretty poorly done job was in effect.

And sadly the echo cancelation devices the telco's either have built into their system or as a component of their system would run a very high chance of eliminating that audible clue.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
its true the goverment taps phones anytime you say a specific pattern of words computers automaticly start taping the conversation. Its happend to me my friends. Sometimes when I call my mother and its real long distance and Im telling her whats going on , on the ATS we talk about things and then click click the tapes are rolling but I wouldnt worry about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Most likely what you are hearing is interference from an outside source or a lose connection somewhere along the line. I just got settled and have had no end to phone troubles... the problem is somewhere on the pole wher they tied in but they keep wanting to just check the new interface and jack both of which they installed last month. Its not uncommon to have phone problems.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
are you using a wireless network 802.11 b with a 2.4g cordless telephone? if so the there is your click.

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by wget]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoD

My phone sound as if it has been tapped i hear mysterious clicks every 30secs or so please can anyone help

There have been times I've noticed strange noises on my phone, too. What kind of activity are you involved in that would lead you to believe you're being tapped?

DoD

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShinobiAurora
Nope, sry mate ur a$$ is now owned by the US Government.

ITS NOT THE US GOV MY A$$ BELONGS TO ITS THE GCHQ IN BRITTAIN

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoD

ITS NOT THE US GOV MY A$$ BELONGS TO ITS THE GCHQ IN BRITTAIN

Send them an email.

" Dear Sir,

I'm 100% sure that you tapped my phone. I would like to know why. And don't tell me you didn't, cuz I won't believe you. I'll believe you ONLY if you tell me that I've been tapped and why.

Best regards.

DoD "

DoD

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

There have been times I've noticed strange noises on my phone, too. What kind of activity are you involved in that would lead you to believe you're being tapped?

I ONLY MENTIONED THE POSSIBILITY OF A TERROIST GETTING THEIR HANDS ON A STOLEN NUCLEAR WEAPON AND WHAT THE CONSEQUENSES WOULD BE.

I ALSO WORK FOR DIFFERENT COMPANYS DEVELOPING NEW PRODUCTS ALL MY WORK IS COVERED BY THE SECRETS ACT SO THERE MEY BE SOME INDUSTRIAL ESPONIAGE GOING ON

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoD

I ONLY MENTIONED THE POSSIBILITY OF A TERROIST GETTING THEIR HANDS ON A STOLEN NUCLEAR WEAPON AND WHAT THE CONSEQUENSES WOULD BE.

I ALSO WORK FOR DIFFERENT COMPANYS DEVELOPING NEW PRODUCTS ALL MY WORK IS COVERED BY THE SECRETS ACT SO THERE MEY BE SOME INDUSTRIAL ESPONIAGE GOING ON

In my opinion, your capslock key is locked.
Take a look.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well on the history channel they were talking about The NSA how they have a machine that the agents type in a word such as bomb and see how many times it was said on which phone and when well since you were talking about it.... they know what you were saying and also i cant help you with the clicks that all i know for now.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I work for a phone company and more than likely it is some sort of facility trouble probably a T1 taking hits somewhere on the local network. Refer it out to you're local phone co.

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Shadowman, the NSA has a database which interfaces directly with Echelon, we have some of these 'logging' systems housed in Australia (Pine Gap). It works on a defined keyword query system, and you are right - they are able to type in words like 'bomb' and a list populates the screen giving them times and dates and the origin of the call.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Buy a bug checker from any spy shop online and test for it!

DoD

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
ask this guy he has had the same prob with the clicks

Originally posted by goose
Today while talking to my daughter we were having a conversation about Bush runnning again in 04 and then we went on to talking about bombs, (we were watching the news) planes, guns, (as in gun control) top secret, (I told her about this website) terrorists, etc., while talking we continually heard clicks, we had to laugh because of the movie (Conspiracy something)where Gene Hackman tells Will Smith about how there are certain key words and if you say them they record your conversation, well I think they got ours on tape, so tomorrow while talking to someone say a lot of what you think might be the key words and see if you also hear clicks, I think it is true somewhere they are listening! Let me know if you do.

TAKEN FROM ANOTHER THREAD

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by DoD]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
DoD you are right to be concerned, but you should have no doubt about it--they tap lines all the time. Telephone lines are any nations primary tool for intelligence gathering. Any nation that doesn't control its own phone system--that contracts it out to foreign companies for example--has no real possibility of national security.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join