It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to South Africa in the event of WW3????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thats a very interesting read, im not quite done yet though.. It seems to be pretty much as seth stated, rampant crime of all types going on all over that country.
I cant blame the guy for wanting to get the hell out of that place..
Oh well, reading things like that occasionally makes me realize how well I do have it in my country, sometimes I take things for granted I suppose.
Gonna go finish reading that now..

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ok, I will let you read it fully, then you can retract your statements, as you suggested you would be doing.

Infact I think a U2U to every ATSer might be in order

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well, there is at least one thing that I find odd about this article, there are no mentions of the ongoing black on white crimes that is happening there also.
You know its happening but why isnt it reported in this story? sounds like it was either written by a biased person in the govt or theyre afraid to mention it

Also a report of a sexual assault isnt quite the same as murder.. care to see a liveleak video of a white teenage girl whos head was chopped off in a S.A. street by a gang of blacks?

I want to see some news reports of these murders and rapes? you know damn well if it was rampant then the press would be ALL over it.. so where are those reports?
I guess you cant have reports without the actions.. Ill also admit that the news has been fairly quite about whats going on over there right now, I havent heard anything either way in a few months but there for a while it was damn near epidemic.

Finally, why dont you just ask the OP to explain it again, since you must not have read his other posts. He lives there, i will believe him over anything else.
Still, i said rape and murderS not an alleged sexual assault, hell they werent even charged

Well, its been fun but im off to bed now.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

Im not talkng about the past, im talking about the present, whats going on right now..

You can't dissociate the present from the past...the 'whites' stole the land from the 'blacks' and imposed rule on them. Centuries of crime cannot be undone overnight.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
First, in the event of WWIII South Africa would be toast like the rest of earth. If Russia and the US ever hit the button.......Pardner, we is all dead. The ENTIRE PLANET. Nuke winter, and winds will spread death like has never been seen. To every inch of the globe. Russia will not launch first EVER. Second, the USA will never launch at Russia. Not over Iran. Not over anything short of a first strike (which wont happen) or invasion (which wont happen)....The angry talk you hear right now is nothing more than "eastern diplomacy". Remember the banging of the shoe at the UN?? Iran is going to get hit, and hit hard.
Second, all of Africa is a mess. The place is like another planet. I speak from experience. W Africa is like hell on earth. Cent Africa is almost as bad, and South Africa is a MILLION times better than the rest of that dump. Also, the SA Police dont mess around. If you are a crook they will kill you as fast as arrest you. That helps. The blacks that were freed, thought life would be so much better, only to find out that now they are still poor and not much has changed. IMHO If the US helped Africa get on it's feet we could solve MANY problems. They are mostly tribes ready to be converted and given a KFC on every corner.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AotearoaSon

Slow down there AotearoaSon, the white people did'nt steal the land from the blacks, in actual fact the vast majority of the South African landscape was uninhabited at the time of the first white settlers.

Besides the Khoi-San tribes in the Western Cape and the Zulu (Who had pretty much cleared the area of any competing tribes by then) in the South East of the country there were'nt too many native inhabitants around at the time.

And its a pretty dumb argument in the first place, the Khoi-San we there way before any central african tribes (or whites) had made their way south, so by using you argument, it would be safe to say that the black people stole the land from the Khoi-San, so they too have no rightful claim to South Africa.

And no, the Khoi-San are not black by the classic racial definition, they are more brown and totally different form the central african tribes that have come to dominate most of the continent.

I apologise for going off the main topic, it just grates my soul when westerners go on about South African history when they clearly have no idea about it, its the usual biased, "evil devil-whites versus the oppressed noble-natives" rubbish that was paraded to the world during the 80's and 90's.

Come to SA and see what's REALLY going on......your leaders and their media lapdogs have been lying to you.......deny ignorance!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Another couple of things, "Centuries of crime".........don't think so, try a few decades of Apartheid.....yes it was there before being passed as law but it was in fact the British who imposed it before South Africa gained independance.......the Afrikaners (mainly Dutch descendants) at the time wanted to be left alone to farm and do their own thing.....it was the British who pushed the whole thing initially........

I see you are from NZ.....unless you are Moari perhaps you should listen to your own words and start packing your bags.......

Once again this is the thing that makes me see red, westerners demonise the whites of South Africa, but not ONE SINGLE "western/developed" country that spits poison at us has a clean slate in terms of race relations in the early times of their own countries/colonies.........

USA-American Indians wiped out.....
Oz-Aboriginies pretty much wiped out/side tracked....
NZ-Moari.....
UK- India, Far East, South Africa......exploited the local populations...
The Spanish in South America......exploited the local populations...
All Europen countries that have had colonies in Africa (Germany, France, Portugal, Holland)- local populations sidelined or pushed to "second-class" citizen status......

Get off your high-horse!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
illigitimati and kronos - you guys pretty much have it all summed up there,,

Illigitimati, i am impressed, you are the first not to point fingers and say bad whites bad...yes every nation has had their share of "apartheid" and wiping out the locals, but you see the difference here in S.A now is that even the blacks are starting to admit that they were BETTER off during white rule than they are now during black rule, it's even worse for most of them now, because if your poor, your still poor, no promise has been kept by the ANC ( black goverment ) they made to their people...everything is going to sh1t...and they admit it...

I live here, i know these people, i hear what they say, yes some blacks are happy and is more than willing to spit in your face about it,,,,but go to the black that wasn't given a goverment job, or a managerial position he has no qualification for and ask him how he feels, and he will tell you that things were better in the old days,,,,at least they had work then...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by illigitimati

All Europen countries that have had colonies in Africa (Germany, France, Portugal, Holland)- local populations sidelined or pushed to "second-class" citizen status......

There you go...right there...the whiteys enforced domination through some warped sense of cultural superiority...what was Zimbabwe during the 'middle ages"?
You want to debate Aotearoa/New Zealand, start a thread about it. I never said we were squeaky clean.
But I still fail to see how you got from the OP to your intolerance and racism?

Let's get back on topic and away from this despicable racist diatribe that you are spouting.

If WWIII is a global holocaust/conflagration, thern S.A is stuffed like everyone else.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Actually i think if world war 3 went down and S.A played it safe and let the rest of the EU and asia and the US nuke each other,,,we would come out to be one of the world powers afterwards,,,have you seen where S.A is ?? we are at the end point of the earth, chances of nuclear anything coming our way is slim as hell if you ask me...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

AotearoaSon, I was simply replying to your incorrect assumption that the land was stolen....you had already deviated from the original post, I was simply correcting you.

Not too sure where the 'racism' comes into what I posted......I stated historic facts.....there isn't a 'racist boogyman' behind every corner, some things simply are the way they are.

And I agree, no matter where you are in the world, WWIII would pretty much make the whole planet a very unpleasant place to be.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

That still isnt the point.. The point is that South Africa was a much stronger and stable country when the English controlled it..
Now look at it, after about 20 years of being ruled by Mandelas and other black Africans, the country is rampant with crime as well as many other problems.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I agree with your over-all sentiment, but yet again, your facts are wrong Kr0n0s....and this is what causes so much misrepresentation of South Africa, nobody really knows the facts but yet they judge and condemn the place.

This is not an attack on you personally, I'm simply trying to set the record straight.

The English lost control of the country quite a long time ago, it was infact the Afrikaaners (together with some of the remaining English) that built it to what it is today, and in those days our armed forces were some of the best in the world....not in numbers but in terms of technology, discipline and ability.

And the ANC/Mandela have only been in control for 14 years now.

During the worldwide isolation of the apartheid times South Africa was forced to forge ahead on its own and in so doing developed some pretty awesome technology for the relevant time period....it even had a pretty successful nuclear program that was well on its way before the ANC took over. The ground forces where known to be some of the toughest, grittiest and well-trained around.

Now back to the original point....the defence force in South Africa today would'nt be able to withstand an invasion from Madagascar, let alone the States or the Russians....so whoever did come along to take SA over would really not find it too much of a challenge. Their biggest problem once they have settled in would be to keep their equipment safe from being stolen by the civilian population.

But if this "invasion" took place 15-20 years ago.......good luck to the country that tried....the SADF would have defended the country to the last man and would have handed out a pretty decent spanking to anybody who tried.....and if you got through the army you would have had a very angry, armed civilian population with plenty of military training and itchy trigger fingers to deal with.

I truly feel that if the South Africa of those days was around during WWIII she would have been able to defend or engage in any conflict and make a solid stand.

But no more......got a swiss army knife and a couple of grenades? Invade away.....thats if you don't get hijacked on your way in!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
So i proved my point here, there is no way you are able to mention south africa without being able to bring up blacks, racism, crime and hijacking...

I win!!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by illigitimati
...Their biggest problem once they have settled in would be to keep their equipment safe from being stolen by the civilian population.

That is SO on the money. If the opposing force came in here with Hummers, tanks etc they would definitely be hijacked. Guns and weapons on the vehicles? Heard of smash and grab? LMAO - gone!! Man the opposinbg country would pull out so quickly, not due to loss of life but cost to replace equipment. AND, if it wasn't stolen the blacks here would surely break it.

But if this "invasion" took place 15-20 years ago.......good luck to the country that tried....the SADF would have defended the country to the last man and would have handed out a pretty decent spanking to anybody who tried.....and if you got through the army you would have had a very angry, armed civilian population with plenty of military training and itchy trigger fingers to deal with.

I still believe it hasn't been long enough since national service stopped and a lot of guys my age STILL have training under the belt. Is it the younger ones that need to run. Many of us who are bewteen 32 and 40 (and older if necessary) can do vuur en beveeging lol. So we will be fine to hold our own.
IMO...

I can manage all sorts of military weapons from grenades, to rifles, automatic weapons, RPGs, claymores, mortars 60/81 etc.

Hell, if needs be, one can walk down the road and buy half this stuff from the dude begging at the traffic light - he knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone - invariably. Wonderful country South Africa. Arms caches all over the place.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
South africa heneraly is not that bad, whatis outrages is the total ignorance and blatant idiocy of our goverment. Crime is a big BIG problem, the police are underpaid and corruption is on the increase (nd is already very high) yet our goverment has decided to spend R1,3 bn ($ 185 million) on changing the name of Pretoria to Twhsane wich is one of our capitals. Now with intelligence like that think how the rest of the stuff is going (Our healrh minister publicly said aides can be cured wih african patatoes amongother things). But mostly it's like living in a first world country (for the upper middle class wich most white people are in) with a third world right next door and it overflowing into ours in the way of high crime absurd amounts of rape and murder

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zwieger
...Crime is a big BIG problem, the police are underpaid and corruption is on the increase (nd is already very high) yet our goverment has decided to spend R1,3 bn ($ 185 million) on changing the name of Pretoria to Twhsane wich is one of our capitals.

That's the intelligence of our government. Instead of using the money to fight crime and increase SAP salaries they would rather run around changing names of everyplace they can think of. Soon they will change the name of South Africa to "Scr3wed".

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
For the South Africans on here, here are some other name changes proposed, which will cost billions, weaken the economy, hurt tourism ect.

Other cities and towns listed are Nelspruit (Mbombela), Kimberley (name still undetermined), Burgersfort (Tubatse), Grobblersdal (undetermined), Durban (eThekwini), Pietermaritzburg (Musunduzi), Krugersdorp (Mogale City), Bloemfontein (Mangaung), George (Quteniqua) and Potchefstroom (Tlokweng).

Full link Name changes

The last thing South Africans (atleast those with half a brain) are worried about now is what willhappen in ww3. Weve got more pressing matters, e.g getting to 2015 with an intact economy and not having the entire country brak out in civil war

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zwieger

Agreed!

2015?......Whats going to happen in 2015?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm not going to stick around here to find out whats going to happen in 2015 first hand, i'd have immigrated some way or another or be an illegal immigrant in the US, illegal immigrants there have more rights and oppertunities than whites in south africa....

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join