It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang Question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
From debating about nothing exploding to time travel. Amazing how crazy a discusion on Creation of the Universe can be.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
You're entitled to your own opinion, but I'm going to have to see something more solid and consistent before I'll believe in RV.

I don't blame you a bit. There's no really good, hard science to back it up, and the Army and even the participants agreed. And because there's no good theoretical foundation for it, and nobody's going to make money from it, there's not likely to be any good science done on it anytime soon.

As a possible "explanation" for the creation of the universe and life as we know it, it's essentially impossible to test or prove. RV and micro-PK working in looping, multi-dimensional, non-linear time to collapse a quantum wave function in the past? That's a tough one.

But even Einstein said that imagination (which is what I consider remote viewing to be at its core) was more important than knowledge, and although he obviously didn't mean it in this context, maybe he was onto something. He was a pretty smart dude.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
From debating about nothing exploding to time travel. Amazing how crazy a discusion on Creation of the Universe can be.

No where as crazy as someone coming out from the sky and wave his hands and magically the whole universe appears.

Back to OP:
When i first heard that there could be other big bangs before this, it took a while to register and got me thinking. If your interested look at the 'string theory', it talks about this. You can watch the excellent documentary here (The Elegant Universe).

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We are a product of our maker.

We have the same qualities, the same ways of thinking if you will.

Therefore, if asked, "If you had 1 wish what would it be?" alot of people will reply, "to live forever and never age having perfect health for infinity".

So if we have a natural, curious desire to "live forever", and we are in the likeness of the Creator entity, then surely the Creator entity who can will an entire universe and time itself into existence can also will itself infinite duration of being "alive". Not in terms of "God" having internal organs or anything, but admittedly more psuedo-science like .. an existence outside of time.

If theres an existence outside of time, (hate to do this..) like the subway station that Keanu Reeves gets stuck in at the beginning of the 2nd or 3rd matrix movie, surely from there IF theres an intelligence there, it could will matter into creation.

If I could will things into creation, it would be instant. I'd think it and it would be. And yet again if we are in the likeness of that which created us, this logic should not fail us, but actually be a dumbed down logic that the Creator entity itself holds. Therefore surely the Creator entity would will the entire universe into creation in an instant just like we would, if we could.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by Canada_EH

I think a lot of physicists want to create the illusion that they've actually figured something out so they create half-baked theories that are so far out-there (like the big bang) that they hope and pray that science will never in their lifetimes be able to actually test them. Unfortunately, as our friends in Huntsville have demonstrated, half-bakedness does not last very long these days.

We still have absolutely no idea how all this stuff got here.

So we should all just say "Dunno" instead of speculating?

Nahuh..

I like to consider the ideas. Im glad to have this theory to base against other ideas, and that this is considered mainstream in NO WAY negates it's validity.

Hob nobs big noting themselves is one things. A plethora of individuals given the same idea and agreeing, is another.

Are we right? Who knows. We cant even begin to assume knowledge outside of the planet Earth, so it is SPECULATION. And Im happy with it, Im certainly not going to denounce a theory because it just has to be wrong somehow.

Quantum physics is a dream, yet somehow it matters, and we cant even see it.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
We are a product of our maker. We have the same qualities, the same ways of thinking if you will.

They are so much the same that it is very strong evidence to suggest that we are one and the same. Creator and created.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
They are so much the same that it is very strong evidence to suggest that we are one and the same. Creator and created.

Doesn't logic dictate that if God is everything, and we are part of everything, then we are God?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
^ It does.

Here's the way I look at things, and it wasnt untill I read the book God's Debris, that I understood this concept.

Say for instance your God. or a Diety or a creator or whatever. This isnt about beleif, its about a concept. Anyway, say you are an omnipotent being. Time, matter, mass, entropy, thermodynamics, physics... all of this stuff is meaningless to you, since nobody is around to percieve it. As God you can do anything. You have always been and will always be. (I cant wrap my head around that concept either, so its whatev.) You can make anything happen. Anything you imagine, is. Now, since you are the definition of experience, and there isnt anything you cant do, what would be the ONE thing that lies just outside your perception? Simple. To cease to exist. Lets say God decides to cease to exist. God ceases to exist, and from whatever nonphysical realm or plane God was in, also ceases to exist. And there you have your big bang. God is infinite, we assume, so everything contained in God, all the energy or whatever would have technically came from a single point and expanded outward. And there you have your big bang.

Now the really crazy part.

We are all a part of what God was. Matter, mass, energy, space, time, everything. What is the one thing we as humans tend to do? Communicate. Its built in our DNA. It started as drawings on cave walls and has transcended to worldwide communication. (read: the internet) It was curiosity that built the internet and its curiosity and inspiration that lead to all sorts of new inventive ways to communicate. (that and profit) So it happens to be in our nature to come together, as one, just as the nature of the universe is speculated to collapse on itself after it finished expanding. (although this can be debatable considering the universe is expanding exponentially faster) Recap. In God's mind he ceased to exist, which created the big bang, which created us and, we think, every other race in the universe. These races communicate, come together, and eventually after evolution, technology, science and general experience are at its peak, everything will be one again and there you have God. Who knows, the cycle may repeat again and infinite amount of times.

It makes a little bit of sense though. Thats how a God would be omnipotent and have a knowlege of everything. God IS everything and everything is God.

or not. lol. I'm probably way off base, but its pretty tight to imagine.

anyways, everybody needs to read God's Debris by Scott Adams. He's the guy who does the dilbert comic strips. The book takes about an hour to read and digest if you go at a pretty average pace.

EDIT: heres a link to the PDF version of the book. fringe.davesource.com...

[edit on 10/27/2007 by Bryan Thornsberry]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by searcus

Err...I'm not sure I understand your question, but I think you're wondering if there's countless pincil lead-sized chunks of matter flotating about the Universe with a lit fuse. The answer to that question would have to be no. Keep in mind that according the Big Bang theorists, everything...everything...everyting...including space itself is a product of the Bang. That which wasn't used to create matter was used to create space.

Gee, no wonder there's no positive proof.

The only two points of evidence scientists ever point to is "afterglow" and Universe expansion, which logically means it all had to start flying from a common point somewhere.

I don't buy into it 100% either, but for now it's one of the better theories going. For sheer mental excercise though, I much perfer this variation of M theory.: Imagine a dozen or more single dimensions which span an area the size of our universe. Now imgine this. Only where the dimensions of Width, Length, and Depth contact each other, can we percieve the existance of matter.

That's it in a nutshell, without the existance of Leprechauns and Unicorns.

Start from there and work your way up.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Toelint]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join