It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Launches at 11:38 EDT. Expects to Reach and Dock With ISS in 44 Hours!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:
shd

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Oh re-reading the article it looks like I found the time! Another 48hrs to get to earth! oh god no! must be true they are visiting a secret space station. Lets all forget it took them two days to get to the ISS There really must be something here

I think not.

Though its about now this thread gets taken over by Zorgons pretty pictures.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PartChimp
First off; defcon5, your contributions to this thread are sorely needed, and I commend you for trying to counter-balance the wild speculation exhibited here. Below I have listed a quote by lear that more than proves that this inane supposition is just that; a silly assumption. He has no proof (outside of some "inside sources" which he believes as religiously as any zealot grasps onto their respective faith's scripture). Below is a quote that I find quite intriguing.

Originally posted by johnlear
1:20 pm PDT Oct. 23

Discovery just called mission control and said,

"We have message 1 & 2 on board."

Mission Control answered, "Thats great news, thanks."

Anybody know what the message was?

What exactly are you trying to do, Mr. Lear? Your comments ooze of innuendo; if indeed you actually heard the statements that you have quoted in your response, why the sarcasm? Finished off with a smiley face, no doubt? You play your game as if you somehow know what these "messages" are.

This is not an attack on you; your threads generally make for some interesting rainy day reading. I am simply trying to understand how someone can so unknowingly attribute virtually anything to conspiracy; all the while having proof of the opposite presented to them time and time again. Where does your refusal to relent come from?Where does your arbitrary disregard for facts come from?

Regards.

You would have had to been in black ops once to know how true and completely diabolical this concept is.

I asked him if he was in black ops and he said no. Yet, he talks as if he knows exactly what is going. How can you know how diablolical the concept is if you , yourself, have not been in this type of black ops? You know nothing like everyone else.

Obviously I am not ready to see what you see.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Originally posted by shd

Though its about now this thread gets taken over by Zorgons pretty pictures.

Zorgon, do you have any ugly pictrures we can show the folks? Thanks.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sr71b
I asked him if he was in black ops and he said no. Yet, he talks as if he knows exactly what is going. How can you know how diablolical the concept is if you , yourself, have not been in this type of black ops? You know nothing like everyone else.

Obviously I am not ready to see what you see.

It is puzzling, indeed. What you have here are people that are purporting these theories as fact with zero proof other than grainy pictures that supposedly show alien wheel-barrows and word of mouth via mentally questionable individuals. Any proof against their theories are immediately classified as "disinformation". Any kind of common sense approach you may use toward showing them that their theories are bunk immediately labels you "uninformed" or "not ready for the truth" in their eyes.

I only want the truth, to be honest. The fact that that makes me a disinformation agent or a buffoon is completely laughable and should show you the transparency of these people.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So the shuttle has docked and is getting ready for this work to do. Seems like a task, hope they make it back safe.

The docking begins 10 days of intense activity during the 14-day mission, with construction activities that will add a new room to the station. The module known as Node 2, or Harmony, will serve as a connection for two new laboratories that will be brought up on future missions. The astronauts will also move an enormous, 35,000-pound solar array and truss assembly from its temporary position atop the station to its permanent position at the far side of the port-side truss.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
Now all we have to do is find out what the element/material that interrupts gravity and place it under our craft!!

LOL How about Ununpentium?

Also look at Bismuth

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033 to get materials they can only make in space, at those conditions.

uh oh... who have you been talking to?

Originally posted by tomra
I mean, recruiting gotta happen one way or another, right?

I assume you missed my posting of the new NAVY Space Command cadre stood up in 2001 huh?

Never fear recruiting is well under way..

Initial identification of the cadre began in mid-2001 with
the standup of the Naval Space Cadre Working Group and
culminated in a naval message (NAVADMIN 201/03 DTG
211435Z JUL 03) announcing the first 700 officer members of
the cadre. These officers were identified by the subspecialty
codes of 6206, Space Systems Operations, and 5500, Space
Systems Engineering or by the additional qualification designator
of VS1, VS2, VS3 or VS4. Identification of enlisted and
civilian cadre members is more challenging, as these groups
do not have specific space identifiers like the officers do.
Approximately 265 billets are currently identified as space
These jobs are in Navy, joint and National Security
Space organizations. Space cadre members are currently
assigned throughout the National Security Space arena,
including the National Reconnaissance Office, National Security
Space Architect, National Security Space Integration,
MILSATCOM Joint Program Office, as well as in all Navy
organizations that deal with space.

From...
High Frontier Summer 2004
The Journal for Space and Missile Professionals

This command funded Air Force journal is an authorized publication for members of the U.S. military services...

For information and subscription...

AFSPC/PAI
150 Vandenberg St. Ste 1105
Peterson AFB, CO 80914
Telephone: (719) 554-3523
Fax: (719) 554-6013

Approximately 265 billets are currently identified as space
billets.

Okay so just where are they sleeping?

(And this is but one cadre from one of the Services... I wonder if they have one named "Enterprise" :puz

OH! And just in cased yawl missed it... the word NASA does not appear anywhere in that article... nor the entire journal for that matter...

Originally posted by shdNASA does have a habit of coming up with some far fetched ideas that do make it to the internet,

Really? Do tell... can you prove this or is this just another fanciful statement that you can't back up? I am sure many here would love to see those 'far fetched' ideas... It might give us a glimpse into their mindset..

damned long to build why bother building a second secret one?

Military and so they can do research that they DON'T have to report every detail to the public... I would have thought THAT was obvious

:shk:

Hey give my regards to Chorlton... maybe buy him a Guiness.. I hear its his favorite

[edit on 25-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by b309302However, please explain to me why you feel this top secret mission MUST be to supply the SSS as opposed to something else? Supplying the SSS with the space shuttle seems redundant and pointless if you believe your other theories. Just curious why you believe that is what the shuttle is doing as opposed to something else?

Valid point... however I have never said it MUST be to supply the SSS just that they are making stops... My 'supply ships' were the fleet of Progress ships that are on the assembly line in Russia (the ones that brought the 521 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables INCLUDING Onions
) and are being used and bought by so many countries and private companies it makes my head spin...

I do however find it highly likely that it is making stops for some as yet unknown reason (to me) at other places. Jack and I have found traces of documents that fit in to my "Lunar generated liquid cargos ships" that suggest that they drop off to meet the shuttle, that tthe shuttle never has to change orbit as the 'other' craft intercepts it.

The possibility suggested here earlier that they are bringing down something made in orbit is VERY likely in my opinion... and that the cargo is precious enough to not risk it when you have a craft designed to glide safely and gently to Earth right to a secure AFB...

Its already going home.... why not make use of it?

Can I prove it? Not yet... but Jack and I are working on that... at least I can show quotes to that effect from official documents where we found the clues...

Just a note to all though... for anyone stating it 'should be easy' for us to produce time tables, documents etc..." from secret missions... That is really a stupid comment to make and you don't live in the real world... if the documents were readily accessible... they would not be secret... the fact that they are secret means they don't want you to know... if you uncover one you then have to really decide how far you are willing to go to convince a few skeptics...

Everyone always points the finger to NASA... well that is why NASA is there... they are the 'front office' with the 'pretty secretaries'. My info is found at .mil sites like the DoD and the Russian equivalents... And NASA has three sides or 'faces' The Public Press version... short brief no detail pretty pictures...
The Scientific Paper version... huge many page boring technical reports that the average viewer won't even open let alone read... and high res images that you can't order... and the Military side... (NASA is officially under the DoD now) and that side is dealing with the arming of Space

I will continue to provide as much data as I can find... I will post what I can... and leave it for the reader to follow up on. I personally believe that the 'hard core' skeptics have an agenda... to keep there world intact... even though one or two play 'devil's advocate' fairly well

[edit on 25-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PartChimpHe has no proof (outside of some "inside sources" which he believes as religiously as any zealot grasps onto their respective faith's scripture).

That's funny... but you would sing a different tune if you saw or talked to some of these sources...

But you can get them yourself... all it takes is sincerity and hours of letter writing and phone calls... you would be surprised what results you get with a few polite requests...

Recently I sent a request to a NASA historian for an old document... unknown to me he forwarded that request to five other government agencies all of whom made a sincere attempt to help me find that document... the last of the chain who had the documents in question sent along an FOIA from... there address was:
US Army Space and Missile Defense Command/US Army Forces Strategic Command
ATTN: SMDC-HO
P.O. Box 1500
Huntsville, AL 35807-3801

I now have volume one and four, but still am having difficulty getting two and three....

Problem is skeptics don't ever have to work to actually research anything... their cry is 'you can't prove a negative' and as they don't believe anything, would feel there is no need to look...

Point is REAL data is easy to come by... if you don't mind the time and expense of digging it up...

Below is a quote that I find quite intriguing.
What exactly are you trying to do, Mr. Lear?

1:20 pm PDT Oct. 23

Discovery just called mission control and said,

"We have message 1 & 2 on board."

Mission Control answered, "Thats great news, thanks."

Anybody know what the message was?

Seems obvious to me... they obviously sent two messages that were not made public and mission control showed signs of relief that they got the messages...

I too would very much like to know what those 'messages' were... its not really a far stretch to imagine its a code... it's not like the astronauts have never used code words before... (or that they have a second non public channel)

So just what did they mean by having "We have message 1 & 2 on board."

I was a ham operator years back... I would have said "message received" not "message on board" but perhaps that is a military expression I am not familiar with

[edit on 26-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Beta, A Single Stage Reusable Ballistic Space Shuttle Concept
Dietrich E Koelle
May 1970

Based on a study contract of the German Federal Ministery, Bonn (RFT 1017).
Space Division, Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm ( MBB), Munich, Germany

1.4. The Space Service Station (SSS)
The logical consequence of a shuttle/tug transportation system will lead to a special type of "Space Operations Base" or Space Service Station (SSS) which is different from the present Space Station for space research and application tasks.
The SSS role can be defined as follows:
1. Earth-to space shuttle terminal
2. Space-tug operations base
3. Payload-tug integration and checkout platform
4. Vehicle assembly and checkout basis for larger vehicles requiring more than one shuttle flight
5. Tank farm (propellant storage facility).

Source

Another 'option'

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Hey give my regards to Chorlton... maybe buy him a Guiness.. I hear its his favorite

Nice. Gloating over a fellow member who became disgusted with people like you getting away with insulting people’s intelligence and decided to leave ATS and then got permanently banned for annoucing it so he couldn't come back if he ever changed his mind (or heaven forbid started to miss the many friends he made here)? What are you like five? I'm sorry but that's simply uncalled for no matter what side of the fence you're on.

P.S. My Dad stood up the original Air Force Space Command in 1982 so I could probably tell you right off the top of my head what those Naval Space Cadre Working Group “space” billets are most likely for [hint: their offices are on Earth
] but suddenly I’m feeling too stupid and lazy to google it for you.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied
Nice. Gloating over a fellow member

Actually I was 'fishing" Thought I recognized a familiar 'bored' tone
Give it a rest AD... why not contribute something worthwhile... I am sure in your work at Air Force Research Lab there must be something of interest lying around you could share?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, please excuse me, my main language is not english, what is a billet as in "265 billets"?

Otherwise interesting although i don´t think the use of the word "space" should make anyone jump to conclusions.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tomra

If I may tomra......a "billet" is a somewhat old term, used generally to describe a place where a member of the military was physically housed. It's modern usage is less specific.....having a more broad definition including, provisions, clothing, logos, offices, etc.

And while I'm thinking about it......why is the creation of a "space" command so mysterious....especially one reported in a civilian publication?

One more thing.....the reference to Chorlton was very low-class...yet not completely unexpected, given the general smarmy tone of most of this content.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by MrPenny]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thank you Zorgon. That is the clearest reply you have ever given me. Let's see... while I will say I'm not really convinced the shuttle is on a secret mission, your explanations are getting more feasible.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomra
Zorgon, please excuse me, my main language is not english, what is a billet as in "265 billets"?

Thats okay neither is mine

Billet...
1. lodging for a soldier, student, etc., as in a private home or nonmilitary public building.
2. Navy. a place assigned, as a bunk, berth, or the like, to a member of a ship's crew.
3. job; position; appointment.
4. Military. to direct (a soldier) by ticket, note, or verbal order, where to lodge.
5. Archaic. a written note, short letter, or the like.

Otherwise interesting although i don´t think the use of the word "space" should make anyone jump to conclusions.

I see so the fact that the document is from the SPACE command... in a publication for SPACE and missile professionals... talking about adding a new cadre of SPACE proffesionals to support the warfighters on the ground...

it would be 'illogical' to assume SPACE refers to Outer Space?

[edit on 26-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

it would be 'illogical' to assume SPACE refers to Outer Space?

No, it would be 'illogical' to assume they are billeted in SPACE. And unless the results of my reading comprehension tests are completely misleading....that is exactly where you insinuate they are lodged.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Here's an interesting quote from an article concerning the Chinese launch of their lunar probe:

...Vincent Sabathier, director of space initiatives at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, said China's probe poses a military concern.

"You cannot make the distinction between civil space and military space," he said, adding that civil space involves projects done in the open. "The more you show the capability in civil space, the more you tell the potential adversaries you have the same thing on the military side. That you are mighty."

Accent mine

Source | Wired News | AP | China Launches First Lunar Probe

And while the subject of the article is specific to the Chinese space program, this idea most certainly has universal implications.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
No, it would be 'illogical' to assume they are billeted in SPACE.

Considering my premise is that there are in fact 'positions' available in space, it is perfectly logical for me to assume that when I find such positions indicated at Space Command that they would indeed be billeted in space... anything less would be silly

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Here is a bunch of links to live feeds no matter what your favorite format is...

science.ksc.nasa.gov...

Yo thats dope, I had to add it to my favs.

thanks

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join