It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet of Slaves

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Ive been aware of your thread of moving away for some time now and have followed some of the posts, but I never responded to it.

The reason for this is that I would categorize you as the "Number 1" type that sees "being an outsider" as a solution to escape the system.

And I guess this is a somewhat reasonable and also joyous solution that I considered a few times. But then I figured that the even bigger challenge would be to attempt freedom WITHIN the system.

"Its easy to be at peace alone on some far away island".

I figured that running away from the challenge might make me more happy but it wouldnt strengthen me the way I might want to be strengthened from a soul or pre-life perspective (metaphysically speaking).

So people like kosmicjack (posted above) are not afraid to confront and exploit the system and wont run away.

So while your option is somewhat appealing I dont know if it was lifes purpose to "get away from here". If it was lifes purpose to "get away", then why did we come here in the first place?

Its something that outsiders, criminals and spirituals have in common "lets get away".

The alternative is: Dont get away from the system but change it from within.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Escaping from this society is just one option, where there are few options to chose from, remain in this society and you must conform to there will. Changing this society from within, is almost impossible barring some unknown catastrophic event.

Even if you do manage to settle away from society you still run the risks of government involvement, lets say you decide to home school the children in your group, and you Christian Aunt hears about this, and calls the family services on you, because she is such a slave to the system, she can't comprehend the benefits from such a way of living. All she knows is that these kids should be in school receiving there daily brainwashing in order to be productive slaves to this society. Thus the reasoning for a Island setting.

The best way to try to change the system from within is to speak to as many people as you can, but it takes time, and their attention, to undo a lifetime of indoctrination. I have this effect on people in my life I have opened many eyes to the world in witch they live, and they are forever changed by this new knowledge. The process is so slow, that is almost ineffective, we need a awakening of the people in mass. How do we accomplish this?

The problem is people are sheep, some religions like Christianity actually preach that is good to be sheep and to have a shepard, lets just hope that shepard doesn't lead the flock over a cliff, or starts passing out kool-aid, and if they do, be the last in line.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
So people like kosmicjack (posted above) are not afraid to confront and exploit the system and wont run away.

So while your option is somewhat appealing I dont know if it was lifes purpose to "get away from here". If it was lifes purpose to "get away", then why did we come here in the first place?

Most came here to America in a attempt to have religious freedom, so they indeed did flee the life they once had. Then again in the westward expansion here in the states, they moved, and consumed as they went, all for the hope of a new life, a better life. Did they find such a life? For a time maybe they did, but the machine did catch up to them.

It is natural for humans to migrate, its was our way for tens of thousands of years, until we settled into small tribal farming communities. These types of communities is IMHO how we should be living.

Also it's not about fear, witch is more scary to sit where you are and do, What? or to move and try something new, unknown?

Awesome topic!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sollie
*See thread "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All science is merely a means to an end. The means is knowledge. The end is control. Beyond this remains only one issue: Who will be the beneficiary?

In 1954 this was the issue of primary concern. Although the so-called "moral issues" were raised, in view of the law of natural selection it was agreed that a nation or world of people who will not use their intelligence are no better than animals who do not have intelligence. Such people are beasts of burden and steaks on the table by choice and consent.

Consequently, in the interest of future world order, peace, and tranquillity, it was decided to privately wage a quiet war against the American public with an ultimate objective of permanently shifting the natural and social energy (wealth) of the undisciplined and irresponsible many into the hands of the self-disciplined, responsible, and worthy few.

The quality of education given to the lower class must be of the poorest sort, so that the moat of ignorance isolating the inferior class from the superior class is and remains incomprehensible to the inferior class. With such an initial handicap, even bright lower class individuals have little if any hope of extricating themselves from their assigned lot in life. This form of slavery is essential to maintain some measure of social order, peace, and tranquillity for the ruling upper class.

Diversion, the Primary Strategy

Experience has prevent that the simplest method of securing a silent weapon and gaining control of the public is to keep the public undisciplined and ignorant of the basic system principles on the one hand, while keeping them confused, disorganized, and distracted with matters of no real importance on the other hand.

This is achieved by:

- disengaging their minds; sabotaging their mental activities; providing a low-quality program of public education in mathematics, logic, systems design and economics; and discouraging technical creativity.

- engaging their emotions, increasing their self-indulgence and their indulgence in emotional and physical activities, by:

1) unrelenting emotional affrontations and attacks (mental and emotional rape) by way of constant barrage of sex, violence, and wars in the media - especially the T.V. and the newspapers.

2) giving them what they desire - in excess - "junk food for thought" - and depriving them of what they really need.

- rewriting history and law and subjecting the public to the deviant creation, thus being able to shift their thinking from personal needs to highly fabricated outside priorities.

These preclude their interest in and discovery of the silent weapons of social automation technology.

The general rule is that there is a profit in confusion; the more confusion, the more profit. Therefore, the best approach is to create problems and then offer solutions.

on and on it goes

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Silly me double post well here are some more excerpts from the programming guide silent weapons for quiet wars.

Security
It is patently impossible to discuss social engineering or the automation of a society, i.e., the engineering of social automation systems (silent weapons) on a national or worldwide scale without implying extensive objectives of social control and destruction of human life, i.e., slavery and genocide.

This manual is in itself an analog declaration of intent. Such a writing must be secured from public scrutiny. Otherwise, it might be recognized as a technically formal declaration of domestic war. Furthermore, whenever any person or group of persons in a position of great power and without full knowledge and consent of the public, uses such knowledge and methodologies for economic conquest - it must be understood that a state of domestic warfare exists between said person or group of persons and the public.

The solution of today's problems requires an approach which is ruthlessly candid, with no agonizing over religious, moral or cultural values.

You have qualified for this project because of your ability to look at human society with cold objectivity, and yet analyze and discuss your observations and conclusions with others of similar intellectual capacity without the loss of discretion or humility. Such virtues are exercised in your own best interest. Do not deviate from them.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by blahdiblah]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blahdiblah

Ive read and appreciated "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" in its entirety twice now. Thanks for posting excerpts from it, but your OWN words would also be interesting to hear.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Agreed. The thing is though, you cant get two people to agree on what the "perfect society" is, which is why I believe in having different "pockets" around the world for different "interests". So lets say you want that tribal farm lifestyle...well, there should be a country or at least a community for that. I think anyone should get to live the way they want to if it doesnt interfere with the whole. And I guess thats what our governments originally intended for us, but somehow it just hasnt happened yet.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Agreed. The thing is though, you cant get two people to agree on what the "perfect society" is, which is why I believe in having different "pockets" around the world for different "interests". So lets say you want that tribal farm lifestyle...well, there should be a country or at least a community for that. I think anyone should get to live the way they want to if it doesnt interfere with the whole. And I guess thats what our governments originally intended for us, but somehow it just hasnt happened yet.

You will never achieve perfection in any society, humans are very imperfect beings, just look at our history. But you can alter the motivations of humans, right now we are motivated my money and material gain[status], this continues till the money means nothing and is replaced by a lust for power, direct power over people, and nations.

This has lead us to where we are now, people are not born into this world to be happy or to live a good life, they are born to replace the workers who will die.

The government has been corrupted by the corporations, the governments only concern is for the betterment of their profits. Just look at what the government has done for corporations in the last 6 years
1 they bailed out the airlines following 9/11
2 they give no bid contracts to companies that have political ties
3 they changed the imminent domain laws to favor corporations
4 they gave oil companies millions if not billions of dollars, even when they were making record profits
5 they busted the longshoreman union in California during a strike

What have they done for the people?
1 limited freedom of speech
2 limited protection from search and seizures
3 made it harder to file bankruptcy
4 made it harder to sue for medical malpractice
5 made it harder to acquire information about what the government is doing

These lists could go on.

Bottom line your are Nothing but a asset to the corporation that owns you.
You do not own your body, but your job can make you submit to a physical and or drug or alcohol test at their leisure. Thank God we live in the land of the free!!!!!

LDF

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I live a pretty damn good life as a slave, so I can't say it is so bad. The biggest thing that drives Americans and creates our inflation is debt. If anyone is a slave it is the millions who have credit outside their house or business. We want it, and we want it now syndrome is how it all starts. My neighbor has two new cars and 30k on credit cards and is truly a slave even though he makes more than me over all.

But the truth of it all is we will always need workers of some kind. Someone will always be needed to do the low paying jobs and unfortunately we seem to have an endless supply of people who have no ambitions other than getting a twelve pack for the weekend.

We live in a society that when you look in the mirror you will see both the slave and the slaver at the same time. I have no pity for them for they are their own victim and deserve the situation they find themselves in.

Just like this huge housing fiasco. I say what fiasco for my 4.9% 30 year fixed is still as good as the day I got it, and I got it on hard work and maturity to keep my credit clean. I also see so many without insurance like during Katrina where they just don’t care and live week to week, and are not even willing to protect themselves in the least….no pity from me…

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Ive read and appreciated "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" in its entirety twice now. Thanks for posting excerpts from it, but your OWN words would also be interesting to hear.

Well its been an hour now and i still cant get my thoughts in order so ill just go with this. I think the U.S. is reaching a point of no return where the transition from democracy to fascism becomes final. Once that point is crossed you will know what true slavery feels like. I think the U.S. at the moment mirrors many of histories democracies that fell into fascism i.e. early 1930's Germany. Some reasons why i think this is occuring: homeland security, secret prisons, military trials, paramilitary (blackwater), establishment of the police state (dont tase me bro), invasive surveillance of the public (illegal phone tapping + terror watch lists), the start of WW3 (Iraq), the creation of external enemy (terrorists), defilement of the constitution (patriot act)....

The current administration is a facade, which isn't unusual. Their are still good people willing to lead the US like Ron Paul and maybe to a lesser extent John Edwards but again this points out as other posters have mentioned a false dichotomy where you can't have the best of both worlds. Unfortunately voting for these guys will only validate the political system and the slavery system, older and or more wiser people will save us.

False flag terror attacks, are about passing laws that take away freedoms, creating confusion, consolidating power, creating problems that have preconceived solutions. In reality the solution is all about furthering your agenda whatever that may be. To me it seems straight out of the secret weapons for quiet wars document. Even though false flags terrorist attacks are as old as time i think that the document is just a formalization of methods that have been practiced for a long time.

So people are speculating whether bush will stay on, i doubt that. People put a lot of faith in the political process its an integral tool in the slavery system. I think they've already plugged that scenario into the simulator and it would be a bit to obvious. I think instead of pulling the rug out from under peoples feet they would rather slowly turn up the heat until before anyone notices they've already been boiled.

So at the moment it seems like I'm at odds with stating that the US is about to transcend into fascism because fascism requires one dictator or one party, right? Not necessarily if you can rig the political system so that you can choose whomever you want to become president then that is pretty much fascism as far as I'm concerned. I think Hillary spoke at the last bildeberg or CFR meeting so my guess is she is next in line.

The political system becomes some kind of sick play once you acknowledge this. The benefit of it is, it appeases the public (slaves) because they get to take part in voting, campaigning, rallying. It gives them the illusion of freedom, they get to entertain the fantasy that their candidate may become president. Many of the fully conditioned slaves dreams are realized because their candidate does win.

Their wont be any mess ups like JFK this time. the implementation of electronic voting machines in 'swing states' should solve that. If their is a mess up and well we all know what will happen.

I think the next step will be another false flag operation. It will probably be structured to draw the slaves towards the chosen candidate. So it should happen before the next election (consolidating power). Something tells me it will be a dirty bomb, any other nuclear device would seem out of the reach of the concocted external enemy (terrorists).

..... spilling over onto another post.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

unfortunately we seem to have an endless supply of people who have no ambitions other than getting a twelve pack for the weekend.

Id have to agree with each and every word you posted.

Its not ALL conspiracy and "the evil exploiters", its a lot about personal responsibility too.

The posters who come here and moan and groan and suffer the "mean world syndrome" have missed the point of this thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

you define lust for money as the root of our problems, I define lack of money as the root of some problems. I agree with most of your points but have to disagree with your anti-money stance.

I also have to disagree with another thread of yours about capitalism leading to a police state.

Capitalism is only exercising ones individual right to trade and skillfully perform. Thats all it is. Having this right was one of my only ways to gain some relative freedom within the slave-system.

But if you think that money is the root of our problems then it may not be a bad idea for you to move to a remote island. I actually know some people who have done that. An acquaintance of mine just dropped everything one day and went to Fiji. There he spends part of his time as a school teacher and the other part sitting under palms drinking kava. And apparently he is happy to be AWAY from it (from most of it. Fiji also has governments, authorities, banks, McDonalds chains, Sheraton Hotels and so on).

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The event has to be big enough to warrant more laws being passed to protect the country from the external enemy but not so big that it sends the slaves spiraling out of control. Of course all the scenarios have already been played out in the simulator so the expected outcomes are favorable. More liberties are lost, a few more bars are added to the cage. Rinse, wash and reuse.

So the point I'm trying to make is when you don't really have a say in who becomes the elected leader of your country thats pretty much fascism. In my view you are a slave from then on.

Whats next ? RFID implants - probably not, to many people will whine about them. Maybe something a bit more subtle that performs the same job, that job being "papers please."

My solution, I fantasize about running away but i have to admit that in reality I'm to well enslaved for that. Whatever the solution is it better happen now because if you looked at the Tianamen Square incident and the marches for democracy in Burma, fighting tyranny isn't working out.

Its really, really late where i live right now so I'm going to bed, please forgive me for poor sentence structure, spelling, grammar I'm very tired. Ill expand further when i wake up

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You did a pretty good job putting it into your own words. I especially like the following new contribution to this thread:

The idea that in order to maintain the slave-system, you have to do it in a subtle, slow, unseen manner. Which is why Bush wont stay in power...that would be too obvious. You still have to give the IMPRESSION of a free and well working system. Very well put.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

you define lust for money as the root of our problems, I define lack of money as the root of some problems. I agree with most of your points but have to disagree with your anti-money stance.

Money is a tool to subvert the people IMO. Render unto Caesar that witch belongs to Caesar. What does this mean? Studies have shown that people living below the poverty line, who then rise above it do experience more happiness in there lives, but that is where the happy value of money seems to end. You would think that winning lotto or receiving a big inheritance would make people happy but from what I have read it doesn't

I also have to disagree with another thread of yours about capitalism leading to a police state.

Thats all good this is a discussion site, and if everyone agreed it would be really boring. If you notice, I post many threads as questions, it doesn't necessarily mean I 100% believe them, I just want to discuss them.

Capitalism is only exercising ones individual right to trade and skillfully perform. Thats all it is. Having this right was one of my only ways to gain some relative freedom within the slave-system.

You must work or preform a task in order to receive money. You need money to own material things. You then need money to pay taxes on things you own[if you are in a state that charges personal property taxes]This is the system we live in, this is the system you me and everyone else is a slave too. Do please tell me how you have gained any freedom from this slave society?

But if you think that money is the root of our problems then it may not be a bad idea for you to move to a remote island. I actually know some people who have done that. An acquaintance of mine just dropped everything one day and went to Fiji. There he spends part of his time as a school teacher and the other part sitting under palms drinking kava. And apparently he is happy to be AWAY from it (from most of it. Fiji also has governments, authorities, banks, McDonalds chains, Sheraton Hotels and so on).

Remember I'm a product of this Planet of Slaves, I love money, I'm motivated by money, and I love the material things I'm able to buy with money. Right now I'm responding on a Jacked up computer i had my brother build for me, I also have another computer linked on a network in my living room, we humans do like shiny things. The root of evil on our planet is Greed, it is the single most word that has lead us to being a slave. That is if you believe we live on a planet of slaves.

The Fiji idea is all good, but its still apart of this society, I meant moving away from society, where there are no McDonnelds or Wal-Marts.

I read about a man that went to India with his new wife, and murdered her, they did not have a death penalty, so they exiled him to a small island, where after a while he was accepted into the tribe that lived there, he remarried, and spent his days in paradise fishing and contributing to their little tribe. His prison just might be better than my freedom.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is nothing new. The majority of the population has always been a slave to something. The middle class right now enjoys more free time than any other time in history. We have more choices in everything and spend more time on our families/hobbies than work.

Go back 50 years and people worked hard for their living, and the farther you go back the harder and longer people worked. The poor on the other hand either work very hard or they do not work at all, and the majority of their income goes into subsistence. As a middle class person I would say I spend more on happiness than on basic subsistence.

So I really do not get the point of the OP for whether I’m working for dollars or milking a cow to trade my mike for other products I’m still working, but at lease with dollars I have unlimited directions of were to spend them and on what. You do not need to go back very far to see that just putting three meals on the table was a all day process hence the need for large families to perform slave labor in the many different chores that were needed to be done that we all today just take for granted.

If you lived in an underdeveloped country you would really understand what my first post was all about. As long as you have choices you are a slave to nothing. Every American is born with choices and as we go through life those choices either multiply or dwindle. When they dwindle to the point you have no more choices you are now a slave.

I would like anyone to give me an example of our slave society that wasn’t self induced or was created from the people never having any choices in life. As I said, just go live in a third world country and you will see people born into a world of no choices, and who spend every waking moment surviving. Surviving in America is having only one car, basic cable and a modem for the internet hehe.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Well, I agree with you. Obviously not having glanced through this thread that may not seem apparent to you, but I fully agree with you. Within the thread we already defined various levels of choice/slavery and I defined myself as a slave but less slave than many others because I am not willing to make money for some boss. This has given me a certain amount of choice/freedom. But just because its alright for us personally doesnt mean that the world is in a similar position. As far as I can tell, theres still A LOT of room for improvement.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well, I agree with you. Obviously not having glanced through this thread that may not seem apparent to you, but I fully agree with you. Within the thread we already defined various levels of choice/slavery and I defined myself as a slave but less slave than many others because I am not willing to make money for some boss. This has given me a certain amount of choice/freedom. But just because its alright for us personally doesnt mean that the world is in a similar position. As far as I can tell, theres still A LOT of room for improvement.

Yes there is lots of room for improvement. The majority of the world population falls into the category of having very few choices. They are born into a world were not only will they live a life that is a hard struggle, but one that also doesn't allow them to escape it.

In this thread I do fine the usage of the word "slave" miss leading in that most of us are doing what we want to do. Now this doesn't mean we don't want to do better, but in our own way we are able to live according to our efforts in life. Why this would be called a slave in any way I do not know.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
In this thread I do fine the usage of the word "slave" miss leading in that most of us are doing what we want to do. Now this doesn't mean we don't want to do better, but in our own way we are able to live according to our efforts in life. Why this would be called a slave in any way I do not know.

You want the truth? In order to communicate certain concepts, one uses the type of language and thinking used by the Forum one is communicating to.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
As we struggle to free ourselves from the mental slavery of a hive mentality and the machine of civilization, I thought I would submit this to the thread. It is a metaphor on mental conditioning.

www.independencejournal.com...

External forces/sources 'frame' your entire decision-making process and it's beautifully illustrated by a joke which offers a commentary on why some of us will be 'ready for what's next', but many won't be. It's called the "Bath tub test"

During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director "How do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized?"

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

No." said the Director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

ARE YOU GOING TO PASS THIS ON, OR DO YOU WANT THE BED NEXT TO MINE? This is not really a sanity test. It's a test to determine if you have been in the public school system which, for the purpose of social control, gets people in the mode of following suggestions instead of thinking for themselves.

Getting your head into a different kind of reality than the 'spoon-fed' stuff that is passed out on corpmedia is a little challenging at times: friends won't believe you, and when you call BS on the high consumptive/ego-driven/conspicuous consumption lifestyle, you're bound to lose a few friends along the way who will cling to the old paradigm like their life depends on it. In return, you'll get scorn, denial, and a much smaller circle of friends. But, as times change... (do) not get sucked into the 'framed decisions' that will be put before you.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Excellent example of "framed descision", pre-determined-choice, giving only two options while omitting hundreds of others, being blind to expanded choice, reacting without thinking first.

This goes for:

People actually thinking that voting between TWO (republican and democrat) is a "free choice".

People actually thinking that you can choose whether you pay your taxes in cash or by bankwire is a "free choice"

People actually thinking that atheism vs. religion are the two main choices on worldview (as painfully evident on ATS).

And the list goes on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join